BOOK 3: The Mafia Game (Hiatu...

By vixenfobia

SERIES 3 || Find the real enemy. Trust no one. ©2014 More

The Mafia Game: Troublemaker
TMG 01: Welcome Ad Infernum
TMG 02: Background Check
TMG 03: Meet and Greet
TMG 04: Be Tamed
TMG 05: Superiors' Pack
TMG 06: Wicked Ways
TMG 07: Rubik's Theory
TMG 08: Taunting Game
TMG 09: Killed the Cat
TMG 10: Obscure
TMG 11: Strange
TMG 12: Invitation
TMG 13: Lown
TMG 14: Acquaintance
TMG 15: Masquerade
TMG 16: Nightfall
TMG 17: Offbeat
TMG 18: Bezarius 1
TMG 19: Bezarius 2
TMG 20: First Move
TMG 21: Caught
TMG 22: His Obsession
TMG 23: Toxic Anticipation
TMG 24: The Mafia Empress
TMG 25: She, the Lass
The Mafia Game: Gamer
TMG 26: Bloody Monday
TMG 27: The Call
TMG 28: Indebt with Empress
TMG 29: Payback is a Bitch
TMG 30: Hidden Monster
TMG 31: Double Crosser
TMG 32: Lone Battle
TMG 33: Shadow Behind
TMG 34: Under Your Sleeve
TMG 36: Sports Fest
TMG 37: Doubts and Trust
TMG 38: Guns and Roses
TMG 39: Confused
TMG 40: Repel
TMG 41: Damsel in Distress
TMG 42: Turning Point
TMG 43: Tell Me About It
TMG 44: Butterfly
TMG 45: Stay With Me
TMG 46: Unlost
TMG 47: Shattering
REST
TMG 48: Unmasked
TMG 49: Faded Kaleidoscope
TMG 50: Crestfallen
NOTICE
TMG 51: Amaryllis
TMG 52: Forget Me Not
TMG 53: Snake Bites
TMG 54: Bold Attempt
Hi?

TMG 35: Her Story

4K 125 7
By vixenfobia

Ayo troublemakers, ladies and gentlemen! Are you still with me? I hope so. Sorry, got issues with my disabled laptop and it's a pure torture typing in phone. Ang dami kong gustong itype pero 'di ko magawa kaya maiksi lang 'to *sighs* wala rin 'tong proofread and edit.
- - - ×

TMG 35

Azmaria Bezarius

Am I bad for thanking God that this incident happened to Devy?

I sighed a deep breath, contemplating with the question that has been running through my head for the last days since Devy had woken up from comatose. For other people, of course that idea sounds so much ridiculous and the answer would be obvious; and that will be a big yes. But I'm not them. I will never be them. And so, for other people, my answer would give them so much disappointments and judgements because my answer will be a big no.

No. I'm not bad. It's just right to thank God that it resulted to this.

Yes. I secretly thank God that all these happened to Devy 'cause at least now, she'll be under our full protection. There would be at least two pair of eyes of Ferrer Mafia reapers that will be nailed on her every move. And I'm a hundred percent sure that Vincent will take an action to this.

I looked up at the blinking red light of pedestrian, waiting for it to change to green. I slightly jumped on my feet when chilly wind of early December blew and caressed my exposed cheeks as I instinctively tucked my hands in my hoodies' pockets.

Red light finally change to green, cue for me to cross the street. Half running, I immediately turned my heels inside the Coffee Shop. A comfortable warmth mixed with the smell of brewed coffees and pastries embraced my system. I then quickly roamed my eyes to find the person I am going to meet.

A small smile tugged the corners of my lips when our eyes met. Her usual bored face was there, painted with a small frown for me being late a couple of minute to the said call time while comfortably sitting at one corner where there are only two people on her left, occupying the table at the far end.

"Sorry, I was late," I said in a small voice, just enough to reached her ears.

"Azmaria," she called as she looked up.

I gave her a short nod, plopping myself at the vacant seat in front of her.

"Where's L?"

She quickly shrugged her shoulders, quirking an eyebrow. "I don't know."

I slowly nodded my head, acknowledging her answer. He maybe busy tracking Rogues' hideouts with the other reapers like the usual.

"What do you wanna eat? I'll pay."

She waved her right hand in dismissal. "No need, I already ordered for two," she paused, staring at me with her knitted brows. "Well, I ordered two mocha latte, I hope you don't mind."

"Nah. It's fine." I quickly answered though deep inside, I was hoping she got me caramel macchiato instead. "It's fine, Empress. Thank you."

"No need to call me like that," she hushed, softer than necessary. "Just call me my name, Azmaria. For a fair square 'cause I'm not calling you R."

My eyes dropped on the table as I bit my lower lip between my teeth to hold back the threatening smile that was about to unleash.

I never knew Vincent could pull off such cute expression.

And before I could even open my mouth to say something, a tall boy wearing a gray apron lazily hanging on his waist came, holding a tray with two drinks and slices of choco-strawberry cake.

My eyes slowly found Vincent's face who's currently looking fondly as our cups and plates finally sat on our table.

She caught me staring at her as she turns to face me. But good thing I am a Bezarius who could masked a surprised face under my default expression. And so, I decided to hold her gaze in mine.

Slightly tilting her head on her right, she said, "And I ordered choco-strawberry cake for the both of us. I hope you don't mind... again."

I almost knocked down my own calm and collected expression after hearing her second 'pardon' or more like 'excuse' or just simply a command--because obviously she's an Empress and I don't have the right to question and deject her. But for the record, I again managed to swallow the amusement behind my throat as I flashed her a small smile.

"I didn't actually mind. I love sweets and regardless of the flavor, I'd eat anything as long as it's a cake."

"Hmm. Good to hear."

Five minutes of silence fell on between us, not as awkward as I had expected but a comfortable one. Forgetting about anything for awhile and let the peaceful ambiance mixed with the soothing smell of coffees filled our lungs.

She motioned me to start eating and I obediently did. The food and drink is not of a bad combination and I'll admit I enjoyed it.

And not long after, I heard her fork slightly clunk on the plate as she sunk on her chair with shut eyes. I can't help but stare at her in a mixture of confusion and amusement.

"I called you here because I need to ask you something." She said slowly, opening her eyes.

I gave her a small nod as I shift my position to sit comfortably.

"Devy Saya Park..."she started. "...what is her story."

As I expected from a Ferrer.

Vincent Mc Garden

A grin slowly crept on her face, tugging her lips in a lopsided smile. And I won't deny she reminded me of her twin brother with that manner.

Tch. Creepy genes.

"Why am I not surprised?" she chuckled softly, making me roll my eyes so hard that it almost hit the back of my head.

"I don't fancy beating around the bush, Azmaria."

"I know." She then flashed a genuine smile, it's almost blinding.

"So you better now start feeding me infos."

A full minute of silence settled on us before she released a calming sigh.

"Maybe you already calculated and expected this, but Devy Saya Park do not came from a simple and normal clan as everybody thought she is," she started almost just above a whisper.

I gave her a short nod to tell her to continue and chose to settle my lips in a thin line as I observe every line of frowns starting to dance on her face.

"And what makes it more complicated is that, she herself, doesn't know about this."

And it's my turn to frown. "What? Anong hindi niya alam?" Tinitigan niya lang ako ng maigi kaya nagpatuloy ako, "Bakit? Itinago sa kanya ng pamilya niya?"

"Her older sister's choice," she answered flatly.

Hindi ko na naiwasang pagtaasan siya ng kilay sa narinig. "She has an older sister?" I asked, confusion laced my words. "I thought she's an only child."

Mabilis siyang umiling. "It's been two years when she passed away. And I bet, it's the sadness embracing her heart and memories that keeping Devy from sharing it to others."

Mahabang minuto ng katahimikan ang sumalubong sa'ming dalawa matapos no'n. Hindi ko maiwasang alalahanin lahat ng tawa, saya at ngiting ipinapakita sa'min ni Devy mula pa sa unang araw ng pagdating ko sa Pandora High.

Who would've thought she's been through so much pain? Who would've thought there's so much pain and sadness behind her cheerfulness? Who would've thought Devy once lost someone so important to her? Who would've thought that there is one dead soul behind her alive and sparkling eyes?

Am I that bad at reading people? Or I am just too selfish to even care about others?

And I literally felt my stomach churns in disgust with my own thought. Maybe, its the latter one and that makes me sick.

I quickly grabbed my drink and took a couple of sip to wet my dry throat; dry from my own shitty discovery.

"So, why did her sister do that?" I asked, emphasizing the last word as I again met her chocolatey blank orbs.

"To make Devy stay away from this world." And it's her turn to emphasis the word 'this'.

I subtly released a breath I didn't even realize I was holding in the first place.

"And it's a good thing she lives her life to the fullest as normal and brightly as possible."

I couldn't agree more so I just gave her a still short nods.

She must have been loved Devy that much--

"...just like how much late Empress Victoria and Sir Randal did to you."

My eyes automatically glared on Azmaria, practically boring holes right in the middle of her forehead.

"The fuck?" was just all I managed to throw that made her chuckled.

She then told me that Devy's sister died in a car accident--she was hit by a mad run car that throws her poor body meters away from the road. Devy became a literal floodgates drowning rivers the moment she heard that shocking news. Her sister didn't managed to hang 'til they reached the hospital and lose it on dead on arrival.

Devy loathe Gael for this. Why? Because she knew that was the same day where the boy made an appointment to meet Devy's sister to tell the truth that it was Devy that he love between the siblings. And as far as Azmaria knows, there is no hard feelings from the both parties because the girl accepted the fact wholeheartedly and even gave the boy advices on how to win Devy's stubborn and childish heart. She gave her blessing to Gael before deciding to leave.

Now, it somehow enlighten me to why Devy looks like ripping Gael's head off his neck just every time they met on hallways or cafeteria or field or whatnot.

But that doesn't mean that Devy's older sister--Desiri, died in a pure car accident. It's not an accident. Totally not. And Devy is one of the truth and information deprived throughout all the years of her very existence.

Desiri didn't die; she was killed.

And being a Park, one of the most trusted Trackers Clan of Ferrer Mafia, she became the Baskerville's Mafia target. And it all make sense now that they once targeted Devy to be the next corpse to be buried in their own little hell.

Fuck little shits.

"And to sumed it all up, Devy Saya Park's clan is the so-called trackers. They exist to track Baskerville Mafia plus all their connections and leave the rest to Ferrer's. But after what happened to one of the young lady, Sir Randal decided to sent them to..." she paused, looking at the surrounding cautiously before sighing and looking straight to my eyes. "...Europe... with VF."

ㅡ ㅡ ㅡ
Does this chapter made sense? I know it's kind of boring and has too much dialogues but my lappy is still dead and this is only I can managed to type using my phone. I still hope you enjoy ㅠㅠ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 10K 66
For Sebastian Lerwick, being a good father, a loving husband, and a loyal member of the mafia are his top priorities. But when he's given a mission t...