Unexpected Gifts

By Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter XLVII

918 26 0
By Dyn_Arxon

Remus was sat at the kitchen table in Number Twelve, paper in hand. He had just poured two cups of gray tea when his wife entered the room with their son. The werewolf had already made breakfast as she tented to little Theodore.

"Good morning," He smiled at the baby boy. He was answered by being given a smile and having a raspberry blown at him. Nymphadora could only chuckle and shake her head. "We slept pleasantly, thank you, Teddy."

Nymphadora placed the babe into a bassinet before sitting at the table. Her smile was bright as she let out warm laughter at her husband and son. Remus gave her a warm and innocent smile as if he didn't converse with their baby like he was older, "Good morning, Love."

She rolled her eyes from behind her mug, using it to hide her loving grin, "Good morning, dear." She loved the antics of the werewolf, both man and wolf. Well, lycanthropy was more complex than just a man and wolf sharing body and mind. Nymphadora has witnessed the wolf side of Remus throughout her pregnancy and these early months of their son's life.

They found that Remus was extremely possessive and highly touch oriented when she was pregnant. They had taken measures for the first full moon after her labor and she awake roughly around three in the morning to tend to Teddy, only to be startled by what she woke to. Remus, in his wolf form, had managed to get into their chambers, somehow, and had everything she needed to clean the babe on the foot of their bed. He was standing over the Moses basket when he was barely a month old. His head was bent into the basket, growling into the boy's stomach.

Nymphadora was ready to smack the wolf something rotten until the bubbling giggles reached her ears. Teddy was being tickled by his werewolf father. She had sat up carefully in the bed, not wanting to startle the wolf. She watched as her son held onto Remus' snout and cooed up at him. She had thought that she couldn't love the man any deeper until she saw that. How could she not fall into a deeper level of love for him? She had to nearly harass him just for him to give her a chance and now, here he was, playing with their cub as the wolf he disliked so.

She was shaken from her mind as the small form of Hermione's otter Patronus took shape on their table. Her voice flowed through it, worry laced through her tone, "Professor Lupin, we're coming home early. Something happened to Draco between going to sleep and waking up this morning, it's some kind of bite. Do you mind if we come over?"

The couple looked at each other in worry. Draco was her cousin and they had been able to grow close during their times training and studying under Harry. "Of course, you can. And I'm not your professor anymore, you know," Remus confirmed and joked, knowing Hermione was in the habit of calling him such when she was particularly bothered.

It was just before noon that the newlyweds arrived out of the floo. Hermione was the visage of worry, holding her husband's arm. Draco didn't look off but Remus noticed his eyes looked a different shade of gray. They were nearly silver. His scent was slightly different as well, something that Remus had to wrack his mind about. "Hello, you two. Do you mind if I look Draco over before we settle for some tea?" Remus asked in pleasantries.

Draco led Hermione to sit down before he removed his robes. He unbuttoned his cuff and rolled his sleeve to his elbow. He presented his arm forward, showing his wrist and forearm. Remus took hold of his hand, studying the bite mark. His eyes traced the lines of his veins that were concentrated on his right wrist and forearm. He hummed lightly.

"It's a werewolf bite, I know that," Remus mused lightly. He stepped back from Draco, sliding his wand into his hand. His questioning look was answered with a nod of permission. He began to wave his wand in intricate patterns and swirls, casting several spells. The spells caused his arm to glow with soft hues of color.

Remus seemed to study the wound again before huffing lightly. He began to scratch his chin lightly, "I know that most 'pureblood' families actually have creature blood somewhere. The bite was from a werewolf, but it's not a wolf bite any longer."

Hermione grew confused slightly, "What do you mean? Are you saying that the lycanthropy muddled and mixed with any creature blood in Draco?" She was concerned for the young man, something he picked up on.

The young man sat beside his wife, pulling her into a warm embrace. "You're certainly the brightest witch," He chuckled against her hair. He squeezed her gently and continued, "Sometime after the Malfoys betrayed the Greengrass family a vampire cursed my line with vampirism. Unfortunately, it was only four generations ago, making me one-sixteenth vampire."

The darker witch seemed to struggle between being concerned and dragging the young man back to their honeymoon. Her honey eyes had darkened with images of fantasies in her mind. She studied him stronger before letting out a small breath. "Can we go to Caithness to talk about this?" She asked him softly.

Draco smiled and kissed her head, knowing that Harry had tweaked the ward scheme to where they could apparate into their rooms. He was thankful that he gave them a shared room as well. It was equipped with a queen bed, a private bath, and a small sitting area.

He looked at his cousin and her husband, saying his thanks before walking Hermione to the floo.

============================

They arrived within the main common room of Potter Manor. They didn't notice that Narcissa and Petunia were having tea until their names were called. "Draco, Hermione," Narcissa spoke their names with curiosity.

Draco was startled, his eyes glowing silver and a low growl escaping him as he held Hermione tighter. She soothed him lightly before looking at her mother-in-law, "Excuse us, Ms. Black. An accident with Draco has brought us home early."

Draco was still staring at his mother with a silver gaze. She found it slightly unnerving and grew concerned. "Son?" She asked of him lightly, her face one of motherly worry. It seemed to snap him back into place as he blink hard a few times before his eyes were their normal steel gray. "Mother?" He asked.

"Would you care to elaborate on his accident, Mrs. Malfoy?" Petunia asked the young woman from behind her tea. It seemed she knew that something was very off.

And so she did. She had made loose implications about what they were doing before she saw the bite. She explained how they sought out Remus, who examined and knew what the injury was. Narcissa interrupted after she explained that it wasn't strictly a werewolf bite any longer. Her brow was furrowed slightly, "You sound as if you're leading to the belief that the Malfoy vampirism has coupled with the lycanthropy."

"That is the consensus," Draco chuckled lightly. "However, we won't truly know until the next full moon."

"Then you're staying for the week. If you're a werewolf, or hybrid, then you'll need to learn how to control your beast," Harry said as he come into the room. Daphne was only a step behind him, carrying Kairos. They greeted the other couple warmly before Harry turned back to Draco, "Let me see."

Draco pulled up his sleeve for the second time that day and thrust his arm forward. The bite looked slightly better but his veins were no longer so dark. Harry could sense magic coming from the injury, making him hum lightly

He shook his head lightly, "We'll sit down over it later. You both need a shower, you smell like a month of activity." He grinned, amused at them.

Hermione huffed loudly in embarrassment, "Prat." The blonde man could only shrug and point an accusing finger at his cousin, "At least we interacted with people while on our honeymoon. You two holed away on a private island."

============================

Throughout that week, Draco had become more possessive over Hermione. He began to watch her more and seemed to have a need for her touch. It bothered her at first until she got used to it. His presence was a constant within her, something they sought help for.

Daphne gave Hermione a knowing smile as she leaned into Harry's side. They were in the sollar, tucked away on the second floor. The many windows allowed for a magnificent view of the gardens. The only furniture was two couches that faced each partly but were angled more toward the windows. Between the couches sat a wooden table that depicted the phases of solar and lunar cycles. The depictions were enchanted to glow with the time of day and night.

"Can you tell us how it feels?" Daphne prompted the other witch who was sitting opposite her.

In her chagrin, Hermione tangled her hand in her hair. It only knotted her curls. "It feels like he's always with me in a way. No matter if we're apart or together, I can feel him. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy but also gives me chills, I can even feel if his emotions run high," She explained with a huff.

"That sounds like how it felt for us before we melded our minds," Harry chuckled at her. She gave him a mock glare that made him continue, "My leading theory is that you're mates. Now, werewolf mates are different from Vampire and Veela mates. The main difference is that a wolf doesn't need their mate to survive. If the mate does not accept the wolf then they will normally allow such for the happiness of their mate."

"I suspect that because of Draco being a hybrid, you already being married, and because of your history of hate-flirting, then something could potentially happen to either of you if you were to refuse him. However, I do know that you're utterly in love with him, so I have no doubt of you accepting him."

"Of course, I accept him," She bit out. She glanced out to the gardens, "I keep falling deeper in love with him, so much so that it sometimes hurts. I'm Hermione Malfoy, just because my husband is a werepire isn't going to change that." Her voice softened as she spoke.

"Then tell him," Daphne advised. She looked up at Harry for a moment. "Harry is my literal other half. You'll know if you're mates with Draco tonight," Her words were full of love toward her mate and husband.

Harry kissed her head before smiling at his sister, "Don't worry, 'Mione, it's something that you'll be grateful for in the future. Can you try to push against his presence? Not away, but with your own."

Their enhanced hearing caught a clatter within the nearby library a few minutes later. They could hear the airy curses of Draco before he went silent. "I'm going to tea him about that later," Harry chuckled. His wife gave him a look and pressed herself against him physically, mentally, and magically with a smirk. "The first time I did that to you, you were talking with my father. My lips were swollen for hours," She reminded him. His chuckle turned into a rogue grin before the door to the sollar was opened strongly.

Draco stood within the doorway, his eyes a silvery gray as he stared at Hermione. He barely acknowledged his cousins as he grabbed his wife by the hand and led her from the room. He barely made it a couple of meters away from the room until he had her against a wall, his mouth on hers.

Sometimes enhanced hearing was both a blessing and a curse.

============================

Hermione stood with Draco and Harry on the lawn of Potter Manor. Draco wanted his cousin there as a precaution for Hermione. He had progressively shown more werewolf traits and little vampire ones. He had to adjust to his new state of vision and hearing. He knew that Harry's senses were still a degree or three more powerful than his and had gone to him for help. It took many hours within the forest and grounds to train his hearing.

Hermione was holding onto Draco, worried for him. She remembered Remus' transformation from the third year and how hard it was on his body. "I'll be alright, love," He soothed her. He wanted her to stand behind Harry but she was being her beautifully stubborn self. He was pinned under her glare, "No. I know that you're worried about me but I'm not going to let you go. I'm your wife, I'm not letting you go through this alone."

Draco's body gave a strong shudder as the moon began to rise. He leaned down and gave her a light kiss in appreciation of her. Harry stood close by, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched the other man hunker over with a deep groan. He watched as his sister worried over the man.

The higher the moon rose over the horizon, the more Draco's groaning turned into growling. He nearly tore his shirt trying to get it off. He threw the garment at his cousin, who caught it easily. His teeth were clenched tightly as his jaw shifted slightly. His canine teeth lengthened, growing into fangs. His body changed and grew taller, broader in his chest and shoulders. His arms and legs thickened with muscle. His hair lengthened slightly, giving it a more rugged display. His nails grew sharp.

His slacks were luckily equipped with sizing charms. He was bent over in front of Hermione, her eyes full of love and worry for him. "I'm alright," He rumbled out lowly with a deep breath. As he righted himself, she let out a soft gasp at the sight of him. The vision of him standing there with the pale moon rising behind him was ethereal in her mind. His features were sharper, his eyes holding the silver glow of the moon.

When he registered Harry standing so close it took a moment for his mind to process. The Vampire regarded the lion as a predator whereas the wolf thought of him as competition for the woman he knew as his. What threw him off was that the lion was scented of another woman and strongly so. Harry only stared at him strongly, not one to back down. It was only a short moment before Draco averted his eyes, the wolf registering Harry as stronger. His focus pinned to Hermione.

He was lit by the soft glow of lunar light while she stood within the embrace of the warm lights of the Manor. The soft hues of oranges and yellows of candlelight brought out her olive skin and chocolate hair. He looked into her honey pools, noting the gold and hazel whirls. He could see the emotions swirling within them. He was struck by her beauty and neither noticed when Harry left them with a smile.

She gave him a small questioning look as she cautiously and shyly offered her hand. He grasped her hand in his, showing the design on his forearm. She noted it but couldn't bring herself to study it. Her mind was focused on the man in front of her. Draco pulled his wife into his arms, pressing her against his chest. He rumbled lowly in response to her, "Let's take a stroll and find somewhere to talk."

============================

They found themselves within the forest. There were sat under the branches of a strong oak. They were in a small break of trees, the moon glowing above them. Hermione was curled in his lap, tracing the lines on his arm with her finger. Upon his transformation, the dark marks of his veins and bite healed. The branded his skin with the open maw of a howling wolf under two encircled moons around a pentagram. There was a ribbon that seemed to flutter on his skin that was brushed around the wolf and lunar image.

"My husband is now a hybrid and has a tattoo," She laughed softly with a sigh. She leaned into his chest and looked up at him through her lashes. "I accept you, you know. You're still the same man that I hated as a girl and fell in love with as a young woman," She reached up and brushed her palm against his cheek. She smiled as he leaned into her touch.

He had been silent for most of their walk, allowing Hermione to process and voice her thoughts and feelings. He pressed a kiss into her palm lightly, "I can't say I'm not relieved to hear you say that." Her words settled the wolf inside him. It wanted Draco to claim her in every way he could. The Vampire also wanted to claim her but wasn't suggesting it so aggressively.

She reached up and cupped his face with both hands, pulling him closer to kiss him gently. His right hand lifted to hold hers. "I know that you have to mark me," She whispered against his lips lightly. Her forehead brushed against his as her eyes filled with anticipation. The love and caring that she had for him had never once left her gaze.

He searched her face for any hesitation and found none. She was accepting the Vampire and wolf inside him, something that made his heart swell. He brought her right hand to his mouth, kissing her fingers and palms slowly. His lips glided to her wrist and forearm, where he placed harder kisses. His eyes found hers as his fangs sank into her flesh, biting between joint and muscle. Her only reaction was a shuddered inhale as she watched him.

He allowed himself a small drink of her, finding the taste to be slightly metallic but extremely sweet, tart, and delicious. He inhaled her strawberry and cinnamon scent, picking up hints of old leather and parchment from her many years of tucking herself away in libraries. It was a scent and taste that was uniquely hers, and he loved it.

Something inside him knew that she wouldn't be infected with either magical disease, but he knew that the bite imprinted himself upon her. It left a trace of him inside her arm as he pulled away. He soothed the wound with gentle kisses. They lost themselves in a gentle love under that oak for the remainder of the night. The entire world fell away and it was only them. What started as a worrying event turned into pure bliss, passion, and pure love between the two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 270 40
Charlize Lysander wants many things. Having a dying mother is not one of those things. Neither is being Voldemort's daughter. But she doesn't know th...
50K 1.6K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...
39.5K 1.2K 34
Lord Voldemort never panicked. But on the night, he found out that Harry Potter knows about Horcruxes, he freaked out. In his desperation to not die...