Rulers of the Soaring Sea ||...

By PC_Clicker

Instead of Valka being taken away, why not the whole Haddock family? As a result, Snotlout becomes the new he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 3

207 4 0
By PC_Clicker

Hiccup just finished sketching his recent invention in his room by his desk.

He knew that he needed to go to bed, but there are so many things to do.

After his encounter with Astrid, he couldn't help but decide to listen to his parents about flying toward the archipelago that is filled with bloodthirsty dragon slayers praying for those who raided their homes.

"I hope that's a good idea."

Hiccup thought.

He looks at his to-do list for tomorrow to see that his next move is to rescue more dragons from hunters and trappers with his dad.

With a slight nod, he blew out the candles and went to bed, hoping that everything will be fine.

~~~~~

Astrid wakes up the next morning upon hearing the sound of how dragons speak.

She jumped and cornered herself knowing that she didn't have her axe with her.

She knows that she's aware of her surroundings by sound, and upon hearing the dragons further, she gave herself a confusing look.

Instead of raging growl and fire-breathing, she only hears chirps and clicks, alongside the sound of consumption, probably them eating their food.

She then hears footsteps and Valka's hums as she walks in with a tray of breakfast only to find her guest backing up at the frozen wall.

"Astrid, are you okay?"

Valka asked.

"Did you and your family mind that there are dragons in your home?"

Astrid exclaimed.

Knowing what she meant, the mother chuckled.

"My apologies. I just realized that you're from the world of Viking where slaying dragons is necessary."

She said leaving Astrid in shock.

"So, you're saying that you guys lived in the dragons' nest?"

"If it's not the one who raided Berk, then yes."

Astrid gives her a blank expression.

"What?"

She asked.

"We're in the northeast, not northwest because while that island there is coated with smog, this island here is coated with glaciers. Every nest has queens. Right now, we're in the home of the king of all dragons."

Astrid thinks about it for a second before asking Valka.

"If I may ask, why did the dragons raid for the food?"

"Good dragons under the control of bad people... do bad things."

"I see."

Astrid said in realization before adding,

"So, it's like, imagine the dragons as bees, and the leaders are queens. And by that, that means they were controlled by that queen."

"I'm glad you figured it out."

Valka said.

"Why didn't you stop it?"

Astrid asked.

"Alpha species are as large as mountains and islands. The bigger the creature, the stronger they become. In other words, no one such as dragons hasn't been able to defeat her with their claws. We need to devise a plan."

Valka explained placing a tray on the bed.

"Come sit with me on the bed. You need breakfast."

She said.

Astrid sits back on the bed and carefully holds a bowl of hot steamy shrimp soup.

"Careful, Astrid. It's hot."

Valka said.

"Where's your son?"

Astrid asked.

"He left on a rescue mission with his father. If you want, I will guide you on a tour of the sounds of the sanctuary and perhaps help me with the chores."

Once the mother replied, she thinks about it knowing that she had nothing to do by just stay in this room forever.

"Okay."

~~~~~

"Watch your step, Astrid."

"I'm trying."

Valka is helping Astrid who is carrying a basket of fish hop on the steps to the hatchery.

"I don't think the dragons there are not gonna like newcomers like me."

Astrid said.

"I know, it was hard to gain their trust. But, you'll be fine. Just follow my lead."

Valka said as they reached the hatchery.

Astrid could hear small squeaks from dragon hatchlings like chicks.

She could feel a movement in the basket as Valka takes one fish and feeds it to the hatchlings.

"So, I don't know if I would ask this, but why couldn't you all come back home? I know this island is your second home, but still."

Her question earns a frown from a mother who still keeps feeding the hatchlings.

"If we go back, everyone will question how we survive. If we tell them the truth, they will have our heads. That's why we keep on a low profile for the safety of the dragons."

"I see. But, have you been secretly visiting Berk?"

"My son, Hiccup, found this cove at the Raven's Point and made it his little sanctuary for the dragons from the queen's nest."

"Hey, that was my secret hideout. I didn't know it was now populated with them."

Valka chuckled.

"Speaking of Berk, how bad had it become after Spitelout became chief?"

"Narcissistically and stubbornly bad, like he thinks it's a good idea to plant food using meat and fish. As for his son, he's more of a bully rather than a proper heir it should be."

Valka could see Astrid clenching the basket so that it would almost burst to pieces with the fish on the floor.

The blonde soon calms down and tosses the fish into the ground so that the hatchlings will be fed without their encounter.

"Do you still wanna go back?"

Valka asked.

"Yes?... No?... I don't know. I mean, no offense, I'm glad that I left the place, but I'm not glad that I'm on an island full of beasts that are the size of their egos."

Astrid said.

Valka places a hand on her shoulder.

"It's not your fault. If you want, I can teach them about them."

The blonde became quite nervous to be exact.

"I'll think about it."

She replied walking towards an available wall and sitting there.

Valka is very concerned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 675 6
"Hiccup, don't." Astrid said. "I have to." Hiccup then gave Astrid a kiss on the cheek before mounting on Toothless. Before Hiccup could even fly aw...
6.3K 248 15
What if Hiccup wasn't an only child? What if he had a twin sister? What if she was blind? What if she also liked the fearless Astrid Hofferson? Find...
21.2K 906 9
What if Hiccup wasn't an only child? What if he had a twin sister? What if she was blind? What if she also liked the fearless Astrid Hofferson? Find...
147K 3.3K 44
What if Hiccup had left after being chosen to kill the Monstrous Nightmare. After three years of being presumed dead and freeing dragons from in and...