a sheep in wolf's clothing...

By urlostchapstick

"remus, i think you are self righteous and full of yourself, but i would never call you a monster" in which A... More

the story of us
sad beautiful tragic
... ready for it?
this is why we cant have nice things
its nice to have a friend
mean
the outside
mr perfectly fine
better than revenge
bad blood
sparks fly
i knew you were trouble
run
mirrorball
look what you made me do
peace
dress
soon you'll get better
christmas must be something more
silent night
the other side of the door
you're on your own kid
you need to calm down
we were happy
would've, could've, should've
anti-hero
i'm only me when i'm with you
stay stay stay
youre not sorry
picture to burn
the very first night
vigilante shit
change
bejeweled
haunted
this love
white horse
the moment i knew
epiphany
breathe
jump then fall
willow
ronan
christmases when you were mine
beautiful ghosts
new romantics
new year's day
how you get the girl
lavender haze
london boy
should've said no
you are in love
nothing new
all you had to do was stay
ivy
come back... be here
santa baby
forever and always
better man
marjorie
white christmas
dorothea
paris
out of the woods
never grow up
the best day
no body no crime
exile
everything has changed
coney island
getaway car
the joker and the queen
question...?
superman
hoax
christmas tree farm
dear john
seven
all too well
midnight rain
the man
august
cowboy like me
shake it off
evermore
mary's song
begin again
this is me trying
the one
girl at home
forever winter
i almost do
invisible string
call it what you want
back to december
tolerate it
speak now
the last great american dynasty
cruel summer
paper rings
right where you left me
only the young
closure
the way i loved you
the great war
safe and sound
love story
lover
dear reader

innocent

1.8K 65 60
By urlostchapstick

Harry had survived the first task to Adeline's relief. A bloody dragon. Something she joked about to McGonagall actually happened. Thankfully Harry was prepared, but things became tense between them as she realized that he was actually going to try and win.

She needed a break from the stress.

She needed to bake.

"Oi! Weasleys!" Adeline called out to the twins who were running through the hall. They froze and turned around.

"Hello Miss Wilson!" George replied innocently.

"Fancy seeing you here!" Fred added.

"Uhuh. Aren't you two supposed to be in class?" Adeline said narrowing her eyes.

"Bathroom!" Fred explained.

"Without a pass?"

"Oops we forgot." George shrugged.

"Mmkay boys how about we make a deal. I won't give you detention, if you do me a favor."

"We're great at favors." Fred said hurriedly.

"Whatever you need!" George added.

"According to Peeves, you two would be able to give me the password to the kitchens." Adeline replied.

"That's it?" George asked.

"That's easy you just tickle the pear!" Fred answered.

"I tickle the what now?" Adeline said furrowing her eyebrows.

"You tickle the pear!" George reaffirmed.

"Alright. Well if you're punking me, I'll carve your eyeballs out with a spoon and use them as ping pong balls."

"Wicked!" They said in sync.

"Get to class. If Filch catches you I won't cover for ya." Adeline said heading off in the opposite direction. She had been trying to find a moment to ask Fred and George for weeks but they were a slippery pair. And she didn't think they would admit they knew it if they weren't alone.

When Adeline arrived at the the portrait, she scanned the hallways to make sure she was alone.

"Better not be a prank." She mumbled to herself as she awkwardly tickled the pear in the painting. On command the portrait swung open, exposing the kitchens.

When Adeline stepped into the room, she hadn't expected to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione to be sitting at a table and eating.

"Harry?!" Adeline exclaimed.

"Adeline?" Harry responded confused.

"What are you three doing here?"

"Dobby started working here." Harry said gesturing to the house-elf sitting at their table.

Adeline looked at Dobby and gave a small smile, "Hello Dobby, long time no see."

"Miss Adeline!" Dobby said running over and hugging her. "I'm free!"

"I see that love! I'm so happy for you." Adeline turned to Harry, "How do you know Dobby?"

"Dobby tried to save my life in the second year. How do you know him?"

Adeline laughed nervously, "When his old master went to Hogwarts he would call for Dobby sometimes."

"And you met him? How? Did Malfoy parade him around?"

Dobby looked like he was about to explain their situation to Harry, but Adeline quickly cut him off, "That's not important Harry. What is important is that Dobby is finally free from that horrid horrid man. Now I came here to visit an old friend."

"You're friends with the house elfs?" Hermione asked excitedly, "I need more members for S.P.E.W.!"

"What is a spew?"

"Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare!" Hermione answered proudly.

"Catchy title." Adeline joked, "But sadly my friend would probably not want to join. She's not big on the freedom thing."

"She has to be better than the drunk that Dobby brought with him." Hermione replied bitterly.

"Don't speak like that Hermione. House-elfs have reason to be wary of freedom. It might seem silly to us but to many it's dishonorable. You just have to treat them with patience and kindness."

"That's hard when Winky just cries every time I bring it up!"

Adeline froze, "What? Did you say Winky?"

"Yes Winky came to work with Dobby as a free elf and she's miserable! Just cries and drinks."

"I'm confused. How is she free yet still working here?"

"Crouch fired her! Can you believe that?"

"No I cannot, when did Crouch even own Winky?" Adeline could feel her world crumbling around her.

"I'm not sure, but he fired her over the Summer."

"Where is she?"

"Over there." Hermione pointed to a stool next to the fireplace where Winky sat passed out, a bottle of butterbeer in her hand.

Adeline rushed over to her and carefully shook her awake, "Winks?"

Winks? Ron mouthed to Harry who shrugged in response.

Winky slowly woke up and looked at Adeline. She began hitting herself in the head with her bottle, "GO AWAY GO AWAY. STOP TORTURING WINKY."

Adeline pulled the bottle out of Winky's hand and restrained her arms, "Breathe Winky breathe."

"Go away dreams. Go away." Winky cried out.

"It's me Winks. It's Adeline. I'm here. Please talk to me."

Winky looked up at Adeline with tears in her eyes, "Adeline? It's really Adeline?"

"It is Winks. It's me, I'm back."

"Oh Adeline!" Winky said falling into her arms and continuing her sobs, "You're back!"

"I am Winky. I'm sorry it took so long. I had to take a bit of a detour."

"Yes Adeline was in jail! Winky saw it in the papers that Master Crouch let out!"

"I was, but I'm free now. I'm innocent."

"Of course Adeline is innocent! Adeline would never hurt Master Potter! Even when Master Potter defended Master Black for being mean!"

"No I wouldn't hurt him." Adeline said as tears filled her eyes. Winky never doubted her. "Thank you for believing in me Winks. I'm really really sorry it took so long for me to get back to you."

"Winky forgives Adeline. Winky is just happy Adeline is back."

"I'm happy too Winks." Adeline said pulling her into another hug. "I love you so much Winky. I'm going to talk to Dumbledore about hiring you, okay? No more waiting until I'm settled, I can't let you get away from me again."

"Winky would like that very much Adeline."

Adeline beamed at the house-elf in front of her. "I'm in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies, how about you?"

"Winky loves to bake with Adeline."

Adeline helped Winky up from her stool and grabbed her a drink of water to help sober her up, "Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dobby would you like to help us bake?"

"We'd love to!" Harry answered as he pulled the others along with him.

As they worked together, Harry gravitated towards Adeline, "Did my parents like to bake?"

"Well your mother was a half decent cook. But your father was above average. Effie insisted that no child of hers would be bad at cooking. Yet Sirius is absolutely horrid."

"He is?" Harry said with a laugh.

"The worst. According to the boys, he can't even make toast. Always messed it up, nearly burnt down the place. In our sixth year, James, Peter, and Sirius cooked us breakfast. Sirius was put on decorating duty."

"Was that while you were still fighting?"

Adeline laughed at the memory, "Yes we were still in a fight. I don't really even remember why. I think I called him a bully and I know he called me useless. It was a rough one and it was far from our last fight."

"But you're still friends."

"That we are. Merlin he might be my best friend. But don't tell Winky that she gets possessive."

"I won't tell her." Harry responded with a laugh as they continued to bake in peace.

**************

Adeline sat at the Black Lake one cold December evening. Christmas was a mere week away and she didn't have a single gift to give anyone.

A few days prior, Adeline saw Harry sporting a sweater with a giant 'H' on it. He explained that Molly made him one every Christmas along with the other Weasleys. Adeline recalled Fabian and Gideon once telling her that Molly made them sweaters every year as well. Her go-to Christmas present was ripped from her. She knew that she had given Harry his first sweater. But she wasn't able to be around for the next twelve.

She was, to say the least, stumped.

As she looked out onto the Lake trying to think, she was soon joined by a young girl sporting some odd clothing.

"Hello." Adeline greeted.

"Why hello!" The little blonde girl replied.

"How can I help you?" Adeline asked.

"I require no help. But it appears you do." The girl said dreamily.

"What's your name, dear?"

"Luna Lovegood."

"Nice to meet you Luna, I'm Adeline. Well Miss Wilson or whatever. So why do you think I need help?"

"The Nargles around you look dazed. A telltale side of frustration. Here." Luna removed a necklace made of butterbeer corks. "This will keep them away."

Adeline took the necklace from her and put it on, "Thank you Luna. I appreciate it."

"Of course!" Luna said excitedly. People barely ever accept her gifts, and when they do it's even more rare that they actually use them, "So what can I help you with?"

Adeline smiled at the whimsical girl, "I'm trying to decide what to get everyone for Christmas. I'm stumped."

"Who all are you giving gifts to?"

"Well most people I will just give cookies. That covers all the staff members. But Harry I definitely need to give something different. Probably also Ron and Hermione."

"You seem creative. What about something from your heart?"

"Well I used to give my friends homemade sweaters growing up. But Ron's mum does that for them all and I want to separate myself from her."

"Yes Ginny receives those as well."

"Who?"

"Ginny. Ron's sister."

"Huh, I didn't know Ron had a sister. That's new."

"Yes Ginny is quite kind. She stops the others from calling me Loony Lovegood."

"That's very nice of her. I'm glad you have  good friend like that."

"Me as well. Not many people like me."

"Not many liked me either. I was a Hufflepuff who wasn't friendly."

"You seem friendly to me?"

"I am. They didn't realize it though. I was told I was 'unapproachable' and could be 'brutally honest.'"

"How did you become friends with Harry's parents then?"

"We had mutual friends: Dorcas and Marlene. Plus I moved in with his father."

"That's what you should get Harry! Something from his father!"

Adeline felt a surge of excitement, "That's an amazing idea Luna! I have a handful of things from Lily and James, plus Harry's grandparents. It's perfect."

"Wonderful! I'm glad I could help!"

"I'm glad you could as well. You're a perfect fit for a Ravenclaw."

"I'm really not. I'm not very smart."

"Intelligence isn't the only thing that makes a Ravenclaw. Creativity is just as important. Besides, from what I gather you seem to be emotionally intelligent. Which is just as important- if not more."

"Thank you Adeline. You're very wise."

"I can tell you are as well. Far more than you need be at your age." Adeline suddenly felt a concern towards the girl, "Is everything alright at home?"

Luna have a small smile, "My mother passed when I was young. That's why I can see the Thestrals."

Adeline nodded, "I saw them for the first time this school year. I was watching you all arrive and was very confused. Hagrid told me what they were."

"Who did you see die?" Luna asked.

"12 muggles. During the altercation with Pettigrew. He killed them."

"Yes my father told me about that. We both agreed that you couldn't possibly have been guilty."

"Why is that?" Adeline asked as she felt a new spark of hope that another person believed in her.

"Your aura is both blue and brown. Meaning that you're loyal and dependable."

"My favorite color used to be brown." Adeline said with a small smile.

"Used to be?"

"Yes. I still like brown. However, my favorite color changed to what it was back when I was eleven. It became yellow again. The color of the Sun. You know don't realize how much you'll miss the Sun until it's gone."

Luna nodded in understanding, "I prefer the Moon. And the Stars. I like the mystery."

"I missed those too. But I had a Star in the cell down the hall." Adeline joked about Sirius' namesake. "And the Sun is different. It's warm. I was cold for so long, and to feel warm again was something I could only dream about. Yellow just matches that. What is your favorite color Luna?"

"Blue."

"We definitely fit into our houses then, eh?" Adeline laughed.

Luna laughed in return and it sounded like the ringing of bells, "The Sorting Hat is never wrong."

"Yes it is. It was wrong about Pettigrew. He's a coward."

Luna nodded, "The Sorting Hat is wrong sometimes then."

"I should get going now Luna, but it was a pleasure to meet you."

"You as well Adeline."

//an

winky x adeline reunion 🔥🔥

our fav house elf is back to slay another day

and when moonyschocolate asks for a luna meeting, we write a luna meeting 💅🏼

title description: Adeline discovered two people who believed she was innocent 😊

officially over 20k reads and just three shy of 800 votes

i should probs go back and recalculate the total words cause there's already so many and i plan on keep writing this until at least the end of year 7 (although there'll keep being a few time jumps) idk how i'm not completely bored yet like??? slay for me but wow

love y'all <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

934K 40.7K 117
~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slowburn being regularly updated best ranki...
692K 17.4K 28
"I found him in a lover; when his hair falls in his face, and his hands so cold they shake." Octavia Knight is a bright young witch born into a...
3.7K 134 28
"๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’„๐’๐’๐’๐’†๐’”๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’Œ๐’Š๐’…๐’๐’‚๐’‘๐’‘๐’†๐’…!" ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’‚ ๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’“๐’ ๐’๐’‚๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’†๐’… ๐’‚๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’๐’š ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๏ฟฝ...
830K 29.9K 86
เผ„*: in which genevieve lewis is completely oblivious to one of her best friends feelings towards her. เผ‰โ€งโ‚Š ...