PERFECTLY IMPERFECT

By SensationalSleeping

Getting a prince was Eva's, daughter of the Evil Queen, only goal in life. Well, that and ensuring she looked... More

ONE ~ ALLEYWAY ADVENTURES
TWO ~ PUTRID PIRATES
THREE ~ ROYALLY ROTTEN
FOUR ~ KIND KING
FIVE ~ TENDER TEACHER
SIX ~ FRAIL FAIRY
SEVEN ~ FRIGHTENING FEELINGS
EIGHT ~ IRKSOME INTERACTIONS
NINE ~ WICKED WAND
TEN ~ DANGEROUS DANCING
ELEVEN ~ KNACKERED KNIGHT
TWELVE ~ MISSING MAL
THIRTEEN ~ PERFECTED PLANS
FOURTEEN ~ ROTTEN REUNION
FIFTEEN ~ FLIRTATIOUS FIGHTING
SIXTEEN ~ TENACIOUS TENTACLES
SEVENTEEN ~ COTILLION CONFESSIONS
NINETEEN ~ HADES' HUMILIATION
TWENTY ~ PETTY PIRATES
TWENTY ONE ~ KNOCKOUT KNIGHTS
TWENTY TWO ~ FAMILY FOREVER
TWENTY THREE ~ DISTRAUGHT DRAGON
TWENTY FOUR ~ GLOOMY GOODBYES
TWENTY FIVE ~ COLD CLOSURE
TWENTY SIX ~ HAPPILY EVER AFTER
TWENTY THREE.2 ~ LIFESAVING LIPS

EIGHTEEN ~ ENDEARING ENGAGEMENT

1.8K 43 5
By SensationalSleeping

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮
Captain Hook himself could
descend upon this house.
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

An entire year had passed since the VKs left behind their home, trading in desolate lives on the Isle of the Lost for promising futures at Auradon. Many things had changed since that fateful day, and now the sight of her home filled her with a melancholic sort of happiness. Whilst still run-down and overcrowded, the Isle had been given a much-needed makeover, and the VKs were an integral part to making change. Grey stone slabs and derelict buildings were splashed with colour, imposing a vibrant atmosphere to what had once been a grimy area. Pillows and blankets were being distributed as fast as they were being made, and shelters were being built for those who had once found themselves without.

Six months ago, King Ben promised that another set of VKs could create a life for themselves in Auradon. Alongside that declaration, he vowed to do his best to make the Isle a more comfortable dwelling for those left behind. After seeing first-hand the conditions his friends (and his people) had been left to rot in, he was horrified. Progress was slow but with the help of a few brave individuals, the fearsome five were gradually making changes that would last for stories to come. When Eva first climbed inside the back of a limousine, she wouldn't have thought it possible for her to willingly agree to return to the Isle. After all, she was the only one of them who had been more excited than fearful to go to the land of opportunities. Reclining into the plush leather seat, Eva smiled when the barrier opened, allowing the VKs to pass into their old territory.

Joyful chatter filled the air as hopeful heirs of notorious villains clustered around a newspaper. 'Four More to Go' marked the headline. Cheers erupted from the crowd when the three famous female VKs appeared at the top of the colourful balcony. Smiles plastered their faces as they waved to the excited children and teenagers below. Jay and Carlos appeared on the stairs built on either side of the balcony. Papers fluttered in their hands as they waited for their cue.

"I can't believe this day has finally arrived!" Evie announced, beaming widely. This was her plan; her idea she was seeing come to fruition. "Can we get a drum roll, please?"

The floor buzzed from the wild stomping of more than a dozen pairs of feet. Without casting a glance at the paper in her hand, Evie's eyes sparkled when she declared the first lucky VK to be chosen; Dizzy, the daughter of evil stepsister Drizella. It hadn't been a question whether she'd be picked, she was the first name to come up when the VKs debated who to bring. Squealing in joy, the young designer rushed up the stairs, coming to stand beside the blue-haired twins. Eva squeezed the hairstylist's shoulders in congratulations.

Aware of who was being called next, Eva's mind was only half-present when Jay and Carlos announced that Smee's sons had been selected. Glancing around at the crowd below, she knew she wouldn't see either of them. Yet her heart still sunk when she failed to spot their faces. Not once over the last few months had she caught a glimpse of the powerful form belonging to her favourite (fake) hook-handed pirate. She had even actively sought him out, boldly strolling into pirate territory. It earned her a few glares but not a fleeting glance at Harry Hook.

Staring pitifully at her shoes, Eva replayed the last conversation she'd had with Gil. The cheerful man was dismayed at the forlorn look on his friend's face when she'd asked about Harry, but Gil hadn't found it in him to lie to her. Yes, Harry was ignoring her. Only because he was too scared to face her. After his actions and particularly the actions of his Captain, he feared Eva's reaction. The news only served to anger the young woman; he could at least give her the chance to explain that she wasn't angry. Not make the decision for her.

"And last, but certainly not least, we all picked this girl because we agreed that she could use a little bit of Fairy Godmother's goodness class," chuckled Mal, pulling Eva out of her head. "Give it up for Dr Facilier's daughter, Celia!"

Trying to disguise her joy as unbothered confidence, Celia couldn't help the smile on her face as she approached the VKs. When she put in her application - after Eva convinced her to - she never truly believed they would pick her. Looking up at the smug look on Eva's face, Celia nudged her subtly in thanks. Of course the blue-haired knight had something to do with this.

"We'll be back for you guys next week, okay?" Carlos reminded them after the VKs were all reunited at the top of the balcony.

"So pack your stuff, your own stuff." Jay added, causing the crowd to laugh.

"Where are you going?" The original VKs asked.

"To Auradon!" The crowd answered.

Reminding the chosen four of the time and location of where they would meet them in a week's time, the reformed VKs strolled back to where the limo was parked. Happiness connected them in that moment. All five were pleased they were going to be able to share the magic of Auradon with others.

Ensuring her family were all safely in the car, Eva clambered in last, locking the doors behind her. Coming to the end of her probation, Eva was pleased when Merida granted her the right to resume guarding duties outside of Auradon Prep. If the King was involved in such excursions then a senior Knight had to accompany them, which she couldn't complain about considering she had expected to lose her job altogether.

"How exciting," said Evie in a soft tone. "We'll get to introduce them to new things when they come to Auradon."

The rest of the group began chatting animatedly about all the things they looked forward to showing the new group of VKs but Eva stayed quiet. Her eyes were trained on the barrier as it closed behind them. Her heart raced when her eyes caught on a sliver of dark, messy hair and a flash of metal.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

"That's disgusting, Parker!" Eva groaned, staring at her friend in disgust.

The duo sat on the floor of her living room. here was a large cushy couch behind them but the pair were rather at home on the floor. (Well, Eva was quite literally at home.) Two months after the disastrous Cotillion, the VKs moved into their permanent residences, and Eva spent the better half of the past four months decorating and rearranging until her heart's content. This was her place and these were her things. She had the income and the means to afford all the items she wanted, and nobody could tell her no or take it from her.

Now, Eva and Parker spent Saturday nights enjoying pizza and whatever cheesy comedy film they could find on Auradon's streaming services. Two large pizza boxes sat on the floor between the two students, surrounded by crumbs. Plush cushions provided support for their backs and their bottoms, and she'd already whacked him across the head with one after he dripped sauce on her new grey carpet. Luckily, Cinderella's range of high-end cleaning products came with an almost-magic stain remover.

Closing his mouth so she could no longer see the mushed up food in his mouth, Parker grinned at her with that familiar mischievous spark in his eyes. These weekly rituals only served to give him more time to irritate her.

"You're disgusting," he shot back immaturely.

"I'm not letting you come over anymore."

"And then who would you spend your Saturdays with?"

Eva gasped in mock-horror. "Are you trying to imply I don't have any other friends?"

"Menace, I'm not even your friend."

"That's it, you're not allowed back. Get out now."

Launching the pillow from behind his back at her, Parker was shocked when it hit her square in the face, knocking her back. Eva's head bounced off the floor with a dull thud. Terrified by the odd sound coming from her, Parker launched himself across the floor to her side. A face dangled above hers and Eva released her barely-contained laughter at the fear in his green eyes.

"You really are Evil."

"Hey, now. That's my mother's name."

Unimpressed with her joke, Parker looked at his best friend with a deadpan face, trying to ignore the snort she let out. A smile teased the edges of his mouth as he watched her gasp for air. When they first met, she would barely let out an audible laugh for fear of being criticised. Now here she was; face red, tears streaming down her face, a wheeze coming from her chest. Uninhabited happiness. Whilst he liked to pretend he was due credit for the exponential changes in her personality and confidence, Parker couldn't deny that she had worked hard to show the world who she truly was.

"Want to watch one more?" He asked, forcing his eyes back to the screen before she caught him staring.

The last time it happened, Eva felt self-conscious and tackled him into a headlock. Even more mortifying was the fact that his father stood by and watched, cackling as his son struggled to free himself. Her beauty was undeniable but she still struggled to believe that, and Parker knew he would he never be the one to show her.

Life-lasting friendship was the furthest their relationship would ever go, and he was happy with that. Their friendship had formed when they needed it most. He was the first person she let into her life without any expectations or conditions. She was the first person that accepted his mischievous behaviour without looking down on him for showing signs of something other than perfection. They were flawed but neither one cared. Their friendship was true and pure. And nothing was worth ruining that.

"I'd love to, but Merida wants us up early for a 'team run'. Well, demands is more like it."

"How disgusting." Parker grimaced. "You better not wake me up when you leave."

"Parker, Captain Hook himself could descend upon this house and shoot at you with cannonballs and you still wouldn't wake up."

Parker noticed that her breath didn't catch after saying his name for the first time, but the mood dampened when she realised the words she had spoken. The air between them staled. Clearing her throat, the young woman stood, starting to clear away some of the take-away containers. Dismayed at the gloomy feelings overtaking his friend, Parker climbed to his feet, brushing crumbs from his sweatpants. Taking the cardboard boxes from her hands, Parker reminded her that she needed her sleep. He promised to clean-up (even though it was already his turn and he'd managed to sneak his way out of doing it the past three weeks).

Leaning over, she pressed a kiss to his left cheek. "Night, P."

The distinct mix of apple and lavender clung to the space between them. Parker watched her turn in the direction of the stairs.

"Night, E."

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Surrounded by her family and a vast crowd of Auradon's residents, Eva shifted her weight from one foot to the other, restless with anticipation. Today would be the happiest day of a few people's lives. The weather seemed to sense the jubilation rippling through Auradon. The sun shone down on the large gathering, heating people from head to toe. Not a single cloud could be spotted and brightly coloured butterflies floated about here and there.

Many in the crowd were dressed to impress as they eagerly awaited the arrival of the new VKs. Flags with the King's crest emblazoned on them waved vigorously in the air. Cheerleaders had put on their nicest uniforms, shaking their pom-poms in an elaborate sequence. Knights had been dotted throughout the crowd keeping an eye out for raucous behaviour and potential threats to the former King and Queen, who nervously waited for their son.

"Here they come," whispered Evie.

A dreamy smile painted her face as she stared at the stage where all her friend's dreams were about to come true. A small-sized stage for a giant-sized future. Eva laughed at her sister's romantic heart, but the sound was drowned out when the band kicked off an upbeat tune.

Waving to the cheering crowd, the King and his Lady walked through their people. A bead of swear rolled down Ben's neck when the woman he loved tried to walk off the stage. Thankfully, Fairy Godmother stopped her with a gentle arm. Confused by the looks on the Grimhilde twins' faces, Mal did as she was told with slight suspicion in her eyes. Why is everyone acting so weird, she thought. Ben stood by her side, microphone in hand, grinning at those who screamed his name.

"What's up Auradon?" He greeted, at ease with his people. The crowd roared back in answer. "Thank you all for coming out to greet our new arrivals. They'll be here shortly and I'm sure they're just as excited as we are! After all, it worked out rather well for the first four."

"Yeah, especially for you," called out Chad. Eva smothered her snigger with a carefully placed cough.

Taking Mal's hand in his own, the young ruler turned her to face him. Her green eyes held nothing but adoration as she looked at him. All worries of Uma were completely erased from her mind.

"Not so long ago, we met in this exact spot. I feel like I've known you my whole life. Mal, did I mention that I'm in love with you?"

A soft melody filled the air. Women sighed when they recognised the slow-downed version of Did I Mention. Mal pressed her lip together in amusement, reminded of the time she bespelled the poor man with a love cookie. In front of his entire kingdom, the King of Auradon sunk to one knee before the daughter of a notorious villain. Pulling out a square box, he lifted the dark blue lid as the young woman buried her face in her hands.

"It's you and me forever, Mal. Will you marry me? Will you be my Queen?"

The crowd gasped in shock, unaware that there would be two major events to celebrate today. A cry of horror sounded from the wounded woman dressed in pink. Audrey clutched her abdomen in shock, hating the scene unfolding before her. Ignoring the fact that she was supposed to be off duty, Eva turned to the nearest guard, gesturing for them to move closer to the lone protester. Nodding at the command, Jax weaved through the crowd, coming to a stop beside Chad. At the presence of the formidable guard, the son of Cinderella cowered into Audrey's side. The stung woman fell silent.

Prior to the events of the day, Eva was reminded (quite strictly) that she was to spend the day as a fellow VK, not a protector of the King and his court. Since having her position returned to her - she'd finally been taken off probation last week - Eva took her responsibilities rather seriously. Poor Ben was forced to pee with her outside the bathroom until he asked Mal to talk to her.

"Yes."

A simple answer. A change of fate.

A cacophony of applause and cheers sounded as the gathered crowd celebrated the joyous news. Bubbles bobbed along the air as the young man slid the decadent ring onto his fiancée's finger. Gold metal had been manipulated to take the form of a ferocious dragon, wrapped around a blinding purple sapphire.

Carlos and Adam jumped, bumping each other's chests with happy bellows. Remembering who he had collided with, the young VK looked mortified. Cheeks flushing, Carlos fumbled his way through an apology before turning to hide behind a cackling Eva (who had been a witness to the whole embarrassing ordeal). A heavy arm snaked around her shoulder, spinning the blue-haired teen into Jay's side. He whooped in her ear, leaving a ringing sound behind. Wrestling herself away from the enthusiastic male, Eva joined her sister's side as their newly-engaged friend skipped over to them.

"Did you know?" Mal asked, squished between her favourite twins; their arms tangled around her, trapping her.

Evie squealed. "Everything!"

"Who do you think had to listen to him stress over the right ring? 'Do I go for silver or gold? Does she want simplistic or detailed. Oh no, what if this isn't a big enough stone? What if this isn't purple enough?'" Eva imitated. "Believe me, for the first time, I was looking forward to the end of my shift."

The trio laughed. Eva's imitation was rather impressive and sounded scarily like the King. If she wasn't a reformed VK, her ability to mimic the King could've been a valuable asset.

"Belle's already planned your engagement party." Evie tittered.

Mal moved over to her beaming in-laws, hugging them both tight. "It's a good thing I said yes."

Watching the familial interaction, Eva's cheeks began to ache from the wideness of her smile. A soft hand slid into hers, Evie giving it a comforting squeeze. Everything was beginning to fall into place. Glancing at his watch, Ben reminded everyone they still had another important matter to attend. Using their joined fingers, Evie skipped over to the limo in excitement, nearly yanking Eva's arm from its socket.

"All bow to Her Royal Majesty!" Jay announced once all six of them had gathered by the limo.

"Oh, yes! Her Royal Purpleness!" Carlos removed his hat, leaning down bowing at the waist. The other three VKs copied.

Waving her hand in a faux princess wave, Mal said, "Silence, you annoying peasants."

"As you wish, my liege!"

Eva snickered. "Your Crankiness."

Once they were all seated, Jay pulled away from Auradon Prep, heading towards the barrier once again. An odd sensation plagued Eva. After they had the new VKs, trips to the Isle would be more infrequent. Their attention would need to be directed towards helping the younger generation settle in at Auradon. Hunting down a pirate was much harder when you were separated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 275 27
"𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧?" "𝙋𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙡𝙚... 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙧 𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙡𝙚." 𝘈�...
21.1K 395 20
THIS IS BOOK 1 Book 2 out now Prince Ben and Princess (Y/N) were about to turn sixteen, and be crowned King and Royal Advisor of The United States of...
29.8K 630 23
A Descendants and Carlos de Vil x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Carlos de Vil and this story takes pl...
25.7K 568 18
Jay is the son of Jafar and lives on the Isle of the Lost thanks to King Beast's rule to keep evil and good separated which doesn't last when Ben Kin...