Unexpected Gifts

By Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter XLV

1K 30 2
By Dyn_Arxon

The first of August was spent away from his wife and child. Harry, and the other young men, were promptly marched from the manor by Daphne.

"You all go enjoy a pint or something. We girls are long overdue for some girl talk," She told them all simply.

Harry chuckled at her lightly and kissed their daughter. He then kissed her, "We'll be back in time for dinner."

Before they left, Daphne shot her father a look. "Alright, I'll join them," He laughed.

Thus, they found themselves sitting at the bar in The Three Broomsticks. They ordered a round of butterbeer and fire whiskey.

"What do you reckon they are talking about to kick us out?" Seamus asked.

Neville shrugged, "Probably about the three weddings that we're looking forward to."

"Oh, speaking of," Draco turned to Harry. "Do you want to be my best man? If it weren't for you, I would've been forced to take the Mark and everything that comes with it."

"Of course, I'm going to be your best man. It's my sister's wedding as well, you know," Harry chuckled into his drink.

"Arse," His cousin snorted.

Blaise laughed lightly, "So, Neville was Harry's best man. He'll also be mine. Harry is going to be Nev's and Draco's best man. Who's best man are you going to be, Draco?"

"Mine," Seamus stated.

Draco smirked at him, "You're going to have four wives, so we'll all be your best man... Whenever you have your wedding."

The Irishman rolled his eyes, "Not for another two years at the least, you git."

Cyrus began to laugh heartily. He always found being around the young men to be refreshing and he would always go home grinning after being around them. His laughter was contagious, infecting the others with it.

"Do you know when you're having the wedding?" He asked the younger man.

Draco nodded lightly, "Hermione nearly died and she wants to become my wife before starting another year of Hogwarts. Something to threaten her life has happened for the past six years without fail."

"You're lucky that she's my sister," Harry chuckled. "I know just the place that she'll love. However, we need to get you a new suit. I'll be damned if you marry her in full black."

"She likes my style though," Draco finished his butterbeer.

Harry laid a few galleons on the bar and stood, "I don't bloody care. Let's go, we're going to Twilfitt and Tattings."

Seamus snickered up at him but Blaise clapped the boy on the shoulder, "You're coming with us."

============================

After the men left Potter Manor Daphne returned to the sitting room.

"I know you're wanting to marry soon, dear," Narcissa said to her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. "Do you have a dress yet? Or a venue?"

"Not yet, but I wanted to ask if you'll go dress shopping with us. If anyone can help me blow his mind, it's his mother," Hermione laughed.

She smiled and went on, "I want an open venue, not too big but not too small. I know that I want a small church for my family's sake and them someplace for a Wizarding wedding."

Narcissa seemed to think for several moments before nodding, "You leave the venues to me and Harry. But, how about we go shopping now? The boys are out for drinks and we'll have a few hours to get ideas."

"Let me check with Harry to see if they are still at the Broomsticks," Daphne piped in. It was a few minutes later when she smiled. "Let's head into muggle London first. Harry is going to be taking the lads to Twilfitt and Tattings."

"Oooh! We can get some ideas of our own," Susan smiled excitedly.

Hermione laughed lightly, "Have you and Blaise decided on where you're getting married?"

"In Sicily," She nodded. "That's where his family is from and where his mother holds more political power."

Serena sighed playfully, "I am Countess of Sicily, a title earned through Blaise's father. Blaise is a son of the royal Zati family but his father died while I was pregnant. My title will pass to you when I retire."

"You'll also be Lady Bones upon your twenty-first birthday," Amelia mentioned.

Susan shrugged lightly, "I might keep you as my Regent, Aunty."

She gasped lightly, her face one of mock hurt, "You'll make me suffer those vultures even longer?"

"No," Luna interrupted dreamily. "Harry'll need all of us on his bloc there with him. We all know he'll kill half of them for their opinions on blood status and creatures."

Daphne sighed, "You know what, enough talking. We're going to go to Paris to shop."

To make her point, she began to gather the baby bag and a maternity nursing scarf. It was made of elastic-like silk that stretched but was strong. She wrapped it around her torso and shoulder, tying it in a way that created a comfortable space for Kairos Iolanthe.

It was several minutes later that the many women of Clan Potter found themselves in Paris. They were led by Daphne into a Louis Vuitton, which turned out to be a muggle and magical fashion store. With the help of Maisey, they were joined by Mrs. Granger as they dress shopped.

============================

Draco was nervous. So, very, nervous. He was already technically married to Hermione, but this was a way that only a witch and wizard could comprehend.

The wedding was going to start in a few minutes and Draco sought out his best man. He needed advice. He needed someone to talk to for a moment.

"Harry," He called his attention as he saw him.

He chuckled at him, "Come on, let it just spill out."

His next words were spoken rapidly. They were born of nerves and worry. Harry had to smack Draco smartly on the arm.

"Drake, Hermione is in love with you. She's already your wife to muggles, so what has you worked up like this?" Harry asked him.

Draco ran his hand through his platinum hair. "I'm scared our marriage will turn out like my parents," He admitted. He looked deeply bothered by the thought of such a thing happening.

"Alright, take a minute to breathe," He told him. He began to fix and smooth the lapels of Draco's white three-piece. The suit was crisp and nothing was out of place, but Harry was trying to take the man's mind off his worry. "My sister is a lioness. Did you know she has a jar that has a bit of moss, dirt, and a twig in it? She figured out Rita Skeeter was a beetle animagus and captured her there. She spent the summer of the fourth year blackmailing and lightly tormenting the beetle to prove her message."

"If I knew she could be that Slytherin, I'd have fallen in love sooner," Draco chuckled.

He let out a sigh, his hair was disheveled. Harry waved his wand over his hair, casting a silent charm to fix it. The long, nearly white strands hung to his shoulders. The charm swept them back and fastened them in a low hold.

"Harry," Narcissa called from a small tent. "We're ready to start."

Harry waved the witch over quickly. She let her pureblood walls down as she looked at her son. "I haven't seen you in all white since the day I first held you," She told him.

Draco laughed slightly, "That's not something to tell me on my wedding day."

Narcissa only shook her head and drew him into a hug. She was shorter than him, but Draco leaned down for her.

"Alright," She said as she let go of him. "Remember, stand tall and proud, you are marrying a strong woman today. I know that you're nervous, that you're scared, but forget that you have your family to lean back on."

"I know, Mother," He smiled.

She nodded at him, "Good. Now, take me to my seat. Neither of you has seen the venue today so now's the time."

As Draco did as his mother told him, he was surprised at what he saw. He knew that Harry had gotten her a greenhouse, but this was the next level. The garden was roughly the size of the Great Hall. There was a brick walk through the entire garden, but Draco wasn't looking at that.

All types of plants and flowers were growing high on the walls and hanging from the ceiling. Some were in basket pots, some were dangled down. It was a kaleidoscope of colors. He saw a few water wheels spinning slowly. Nature Fae were tinkling around.

It was truly beautiful. He knew Hermione would love it.

It was a few minutes later when music began to play. Harry escorted Ginny down the walk. Next came Blaise and Susan, then Neville and Luna. Seamus escorted Daphne before Hermione came out.

She was holding her father's arm. Her eyes grew teary as she glanced around. Her eyes settled on Draco in his white suit and they both were at a loss for breath.

Her hair was done up in a half-braid that was layered as a crown. Her natural waving curls were bouncy and full. Her dress was a sleeveless waterfall of soft pink. The silks were bunches and coiled into large rose designs that started at her hips and fell to the ground. The train of her dress had crystal roses sown into it.

Chief Warlock Ogden cleared his throat from behind Draco as they approached, "Who gives this woman away?"

"I, Benjamin Granger, father of the bride, with permission of Lord Potter, give away Miss Hermione Jean Granger of House Potter away," Her father said clearly. It took a week of practice to be able to say it correctly.

"And who gives this man away?"

Narcissa stood from her place beside her sisters. Her face was a beautiful, warm smile as she spoke, "I, Narcissa Cassandra Black, mother of the groom, with permission of Lord Black, give away Heir Draconius Lucius Malfoy."

Benjamin then placed Hermione's hand in Draco's. He gave the younger man a slight nod before he turned and walked to his seat.

"Draconius?" She whispered to the blonde.

He shrugged lightly, "Lucius named me after Draco the Cruel but Mother changed it slightly because the name is cursed."

The Chief Warlock cleared his throat, "We are gathered here today to unite this young couple in front of Lady Magic. I call to her now to witness their vows."

A soft wind blew through the garden. It caused a gentle sway of the surrounding nature and people's hair.

"Do you, Draconian Lucius Malfoy, take this woman to be your wife?"

He smiled, "I do."

"Do you swear to uphold her in illness and health, in gain and loss?"

"I do swear."

"Do you swear to stand by her in prosperity and hardship, in mind, body, and magic?"

"I swear."

"Then with this thread, I bind you in the eyes of law and Magic," He wrapped a golden silk around Draco's forearm and wrist.

"Do you, Hermione Jean Granger, take this man to be your husband?"

"Yes," She said resolutely.

"Do you swear to uphold him in illness and health, in gain and loss?"

"I do swear."

"Do you swear to stand by him in prosperity and hardship, in mind, body, and magic?"

"I swear," She blinked back tears in her eyes.

He began to wrap the other end of the golden silk around her arm and wrist, binding their hands, "Then with this thread, I bind you in the eyes of law and Magic."

The silk flashed a bright blue and then vanished. Hermione let out a soft gasp as she felt her magical core link with Draco's. It felt as if she could feel part of him if she reached into herself. The smile he gave her said that he felt it as well.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. I present Heir and Heiress Malfoy!" He said loudly. Draco wrapped his arms around Hermione without prompt and drew her into a kiss.

It was deep and full of emotion but conveyed their love. The clapping of nearly three hundred people drew them apart.

It took several minutes for the clapping to die down. Harry spoke loudly, "If everyone would please follow upstairs, that is where the reception will take place."

============================

The upper floor of the garden was even more beautiful. There was a waterfall from a natural water reserve that fed into small ways. The waterways looped around the room and fed the wheels on the lower level.

Small trees and flower bushes were dotted around with several tables. A collective team of sixty house elves that belonged to Harry and Draco were the staff for the event. They served dainty finger foods as an appetizer and beef wellington, braised ribs, and steamed duck for the main course. There were fried potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. Hermione didn't know the names of half of what she saw.

She sat at a table with Draco, Narcissa, and her parents. Harry and Daphne sat with Neville, Blaise, Luna, and Susan next to them. On their other side, Seamus sat with all four of his girls. Looking around the garden, Hermione saw all of the Weasley family.

"So, I guess you'll become Lady Malfoy next," Her mom smiled.

Hermione took hold of Draco's hand, "Right now, Narcissa is going to help me with that. I still need to learn a few things."

"As it stands, I'm Regent until the both of you are twenty-one. Harry and Draco are working on Meath and restoring the Malfoy name," Narcissa explained.

"Speaking of Meath," Benjamin spoke up. "Harry asked us if we'd like to start a practice there."

"But Malfoy Manor is in England," Hermione said in slight confusion.

Draco shook his head, "I'm turning the manor into a magical orphanage. It's doing to be stripped down and remodeled. I was going to talk to you about building a home close to Meath to be closer to some of our family."

"And what's going to become of Number Twelve?" She asked him.

He squeezed her hand lightly, "We gave it the Lupins."

"It was part of Sirius' will that it would go to Remus when he finally settled down. Nymphadora's shack of an apartment wasn't big enough for them both and little Teddy," Narcissa said.

Hermione could feel the glare the woman sent at the use of her hated name. She gave her a small wave and was given a slight smile.

The meal was filled with love and laughter. Hermione would have to thank her mother-in-law and brother later.

Harry stood and tapped his glass flute with his spoon lightly once it was time for his speech. "Before I start, I would to give a toast to the bride and groom. Our history is a tale of wonder and I can't wait to continue with you both."

"The first time I met Hermione was on the Hogwarts Express several years ago now. She had a mane of frazzled hair that was nearly as uncontrollable as mine. I met Draco the same day, it wasn't the best meeting, but still, we met. I remember that I wanted to pop him in the nose for his attitude."

Small laughter followed lightly.

"Hermione has been my friend from that day since. She's joined me on some crazy, and admittedly stupid, adventures. We've seen a three-headed dog, a room of fire, and larger-than-life chess. We've dealt with Dementors and even a werewolf."

"We spent four years being hounded and bullied by Draco. He found himself being groomed for a future that led straight to Azkaban. I was able to get the ultimate revenge on him though. I gave him the opportunity to better himself. He held that opportunity and still does today. Over the past two years, I've watched as they went from hating each other to falling in love. I stand here today proud of them, of what they overcame together. They have not only introduced the other to their worlds, but they didn't think twice about it."

"Hermione, I'm proud to call you my older sister. You've saved my neck almost as much as you've pressed my nose in a book. Draco, I'm proud of what you've become. You're a much better man than you were two years ago and I'll gladly help you with your future endeavors."

He raised his flute to them, "To Draco and Hermione Malfoy."

Laughter and clapping followed his speech. Hermione was smiling at him as she laughed, "I'm happy to have you as my little brother as well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 14.4K 40
{!VERY! VERY! OLD! STORY!} Y/N is the granddaughter of Dumbledore but one day her parents were killed by Voldemort only family Y/N had left was your...
50K 1.6K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...
15.2K 510 30
Enid Lupin was the daughter of Remus Lupin. Enid was Remus's pride and joy, and he would do absolutely anything for her. When she was born, he was te...
3K 347 27
"There is no such thing as magic" Hermione Granger is eager to discover more about her magical abilities, but will her short-tempered muggle father w...