Finding me

By EliNeDe20

Rose Kalina Thompson grew up in a big loving family. She is almost 25 years old, has her dream job and enjoy... More

Extra - characters
Chapter 1 - April 2032
Chapter 2 - I am your older sister!
Chapter 3 - To play with clay?
Chapter 4 - I missed your moms spaghetti.
Chapter 5 - I only can imagine.
Chapter 6 - I miss New York already.
Chapter 7 - I forgot to call.
Chapter 8 - I should miss him.
New characters
Chapter 9 - I did nothing.
Chapter 10 - We had a disagreement.
Chapter 11 - I don't have a 'mood'.
Chapter 12 - 'Rose delivery' has arrived.
Chapter 13 - Selfish? Yes, and I really don't care.
Chapter 14 - Do I need to be jealous?
Chapter 15 - Sunday 30 Mai
Chapter 16 - Uncle Lucas was a meanie.
Chapter 17 - I'm happy for myself too.
Chapter 18 - I'm sure you deserved it.
Chapter 19 - Keep going and you will find out.
Chapter 20 - I'm sure they can sew it back together.
Chapter 21 - go away!
Chapter 22 - I bet he doesn't know that.
Chapter 24 - I don't think I was home that night.
Chapter 25 - I have a fantastic gift for you.
Chapter 26 - Trust me, nothing bad will happen.
Chapter 27 - All gorgeous man dancing in a golden string.
Chapter 28 - Maybe with a bit of shoe polish?
Chapter 29 - He was the perfect son-in law for her.
Chapter 30 - Rose is mine now!
Chapter 31 - He is my brother, but I'll kick his ass if needed.
Chapter 32 - I always come back.
Chapter 33 - You like her.
Chapter 34 - We keep our enemy close.
Chapter 35 - it slipped my mind.
Chapter 36 - Rosie, I miss you.
Chapter 37 - you will find him online.
Chapter 38 - Guessing her password.
Chapter 39 - Or he just wants your lasagna.
Chapter 40 - Everyone is scared Rose.
Chapter 41 - is she coming?
Chapter 42 - I still hate them.
Chapter 43 - Still glad I stopped you.
Chapter 44 - I guess I'm single again.
Chapter 45 - Breath Rose.
Chapter 46 - how the hell did you get inside?
Chapter 47 - proloog 1
Chapter 48 - proloog 2

Chapter 23 - I can't fall for him.

29 1 0
By EliNeDe20

When I first woke up from an alarm that wasn't mine, I freaked out a bit, especially when I noticed that I still had my clothes on. Why on earth would I go to sleep in a jeans short? Opening my eyes, I was met with a somewhat unfamiliar room and an arm wrapped tightly around my waist. Then I remembered watching a movie with Lucas, I must have fallen asleep here.

I reached out to his phone to turn off his alarm, not knowing his password I tried 1234 and to my surprise I was right from the first try. Shaking my head at him for not finding a better password I shut off the alarm and I dropped it back on his nightstand.

At that moment he groaned, and the sound travelled through my whole body. I stood up from the bed trying to keep some distance between our body's when his right hand patted the empty space next to him, searching for something "Rosie" he mumbled. Not wanting to wake him up I went closer and took one of the pillows and placed it in his arms. I ran my fingers through his soft black hair, it was even softer than I remember, soothing him back to sleep.

"I'm here Lucas" I whispered to him while he groaned in satisfaction. I smiled down at him and placed a kiss on his forehead before I took my stuff and left his room.

Following the noise, I entered the kitchen where Gail was preparing breakfast. "Good morning, Gail."

"Good morning, Rose, do you want a coffee? And eggs? Bacon?"

"Yes, to all of them, if that's not too much to ask, I can also go home and ..."

"Nonsense, sit Rose. I will bring it to you right away." I nodded and took a seat. "Is Lucas still asleep?" she asked.

"Yeah, I let him sleep, I hope he can sleep for a few more hours."

"That's good, since the accident he doesn't sleep that well. He never told us, but we know that he has nightmares from the accident."

"He has?" I asked surprised.

"That's why he slept so much in the hospital during the day. He was tired, so I'm happy that he is still asleep."

"I'm sorry that I stayed over without telling in advance."

"You both are adults Rose, no need to ask me for a sleepover." She chuckled while she handed me my coffee with a lot of milk and some sugar. She remembered, I smiled at her in thanks. "And you are good for our son."

I waved her away "I'm not doing much Gail." She handed me my plate with eggs and bacon and took a seat next to me, patting my hand "you are doing a lot, my son while deny it but I believe that he is falling for you." I frowned  "Don't make that face. We all see it and I know that you're just coming out of a long relationship, but I really hope that you both fall for each other."

I shook my head "I could easily fall for him Gail. Even though he is often grumpy I do like him... a lot but I don't think he is over Hailey. I don't think he ever will be."

"I know" she said with a sigh. "Justin told me what you are doing, I hope that you find something."

"We already have." I told her.

"Justin didn't told me that."

"She was driving Gail."

Tears filled her eyes, but she blinked them away "Keep looking Rose, we need as much evidence as possible. She is coming to the wedding next week. I don't want her too to worm back in his life."

"I understand Gail, I really like Lucas, but I need to protect my own heart too. Thorn and Justin told me that he always goes back to her. I can't fall for him."

She sighed "I know, but a mom can hope uh ..."

I noticed the time and finished my breakfast quickly "I need to go home and change for work. Thanks for breakfast and the talk Gail."

"Don't mention it. See you soon?"

"Of course," I stood up and placed my plate and cup in the dishes.

Coming home Sansa was asking a lot of attention, she wasn't used to stay alone that long. I gave her a bit of extra food and an extra belly rub.

"Tonight, we will cuddle on the couch" I promised her, and she meowed in reply like she understood what I was saying. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower and left for work. Arriving there I sent a message to Lucas.

I was going through my notes for Victoria when he replied, I teased him a bit with his password, and I couldn't help the flutter in my belly did when he joked back that he would use my birthday as his new password. Remembering what Gail told me, I accepted his invitation to go for lunch. I proposed him to go to Thai me Up, I never went there, but I remember walking pass it once. It would be perfect for him since he isn't not yet that mobile.

Holding my phone, I noticed that I received a message from Hugo, I opened it and read 'Hi Rose'.

I shook my head, that is so 'Hugo', I smiled and sent him back 'Hi Hugo, how are you?'

'Better, busy at work.'

Not asking something back I left my phone on my desk and continued to work. A little before noon I took my purse and let the others know I was going to lunch with a friend.

I woke up well rested and alone. Rose was gone and the sun was shining bright. I'm sure that I had set my alarm. Taking my phone from the nightstand I saw that it was already 9:30 am and I had a message from Rose. 'Thanks for letting me sleep and setting your alarm! I hope you slept well. X Rose'

I messaged her back 'Hey, sorry for not waking up with you. X'

'No problem, Lucas, and you need another password on your phone! 1234 is way too easy, I had expected more from someone with a business degree!'

'ha-ha, yeah. You are right. I'll change it into your date of birth.'

'Cheezy! Today I'm meeting a writer, so I can't come over.'

'That's fine Rose, maybe we can meet for lunch?'

'I would like that. Noon at "Thai me Up", someone can drop you off in front of it?'

'Perfect, see you then.'

I pulled my sheets away and placed my prosthesis on. Slowly going towards the bathroom, I did my business and took my crutch to go to the kitchen. Mom was cleaning up when she noticed me coming in. "Good morning, Lucas, did you sleep well?" she asked with a knowing smile.

"Good morning mom. Yes, I did." I took a seat and she started to make me an omelet.

"So, do you want to talk about it?" she asked.

"About what?" I asked.

"That I made breakfast for Rose this morning." she said with a teasing smile.

"We watched a movie last night, she fell asleep, and I let her. Nothing happened mom."

"Uh ... huh... you know that she and her boyfriend broke up uh?"

"Yes, mom I know. It's only been two weeks. Other than that, we are just friends."

She placed a plate in front of me "that's how your dad and I started. Don't wait too long love, a gem like her will not stay that long single. Before you know it someone else snatched her away. Someone like your brother."

"I don't know mom. We will see."

"Okay. What are your plans for today?"

"Alex comes at 10:30 a.m. and I'm meeting Rose for lunch at noon. Can you drop me off?"

"Of course, I will. I'm in the garden if you need me."

I nodded and started to eat. Once done I placed my plate in the sink and took a coffee. Before my accident my life was always fast. The faster the better but ever since the accident I have been slower. Enjoying a cup coffee watching my mom in the garden wasn't something I did ever before.

When I was done, I took one of the books that Rose left behind yesterday and installed me on the terrace till Alex arrived.

My session with Alex went well, maybe it was because I slept good. Her scent of roses was still all over my room, and I caught myself a couple of times sniffing the pillow where her scent was the strongest.

I pulled a dark jeans and a white button-down shirt on and rolled up the sleeves. I even left 2 buttons open, showing a little bit of my chest. Mom helped me to put on my sneakers and then she dropped me off. She helped me out of the car and then I was on my own. I was a bit too early, but I wanted to choose a good spot for us, so I picked one at the terrace in the sun. The waiter came over to me and handed me a menu asking if I wanted something to drink. I told her that I was waiting for someone, and she nodded while her eyes rested on my scar. I ignored it and put my sunglasses back on and waited for Rose.

5 minutes later I saw her approaching in the distance, she was wearing dark jeans too, combined with a white shirt and jacket. 

Her hair hung loose on her back and moved with every step she took. Her mouth curved into a smile when she noticed me and her eyes lighted up. I tried to stand up when she approached me, but she shook her head "don't Lucas." She bent down and wrapped her arm around my neck and gave me a kiss. "Hey, how are you?" she asked, taking a seat.

"Good, I slept very well, and I had a good session with Alex. How are you?"

"Good, I slept good too. I had a busy day at work already. But the afternoon will be calmer."

The waiter came back, and we gave her our order.

"Why will the afternoon be calmer?" I asked her when the waiter was gone.

"Well, you know that I work for Diana Humphrey?" I nodded and she continued "I'm meeting her stepdaughter at 2:30 pm. She sent a script in and it's good, we are working together on it before we show it too Diana."

"Diana isn't aware?" I asked.

"Nope, Victoria wanted to have an honest opinion about her work."

I nodded "My sister did something similar in college. Once they knew her last name, they thought that she would be as good as our dad. Being the famous lawyer Rutherford. She dropped out in the first months and restarted in another college under mom's last name. She wanted to get a fair and honest judgment."

"I think it's admirable that she did that. She could have taken the benefit of your father's name, but she is making name of her own. Your father must be proud."

"He really is."

Our food arrived and we were quiet for a moment.

"Have you thought about what you are going to do now?" she asked after a while.

"No not yet. I do have my business-degree and I have invested here and there money, but I can't sit still, I need to do something."

"You have time. During physiotherapy you can think about it."

"I am. An idea is forming in my head, but it is too soon to talk about it."

She placed her hand over mine and squeezed my hand "I'm sure that your idea will be great. If you need help, I'm here."

I held her hand in mine and turned her hand wrapping mine around hers. Her small hand fits right into mine. I smiled back at her, and she held her head to the right "what?" she asked, trying to be intimidated. She just looked cute.

I smiled back "nothing." She tried to pull her hand back, but I held it tightly in mine.

"Lucas" she whined. "I need my hand to eat."

"You can eat with your left hand."

"I can't, I'm useless with my left hand."

"Fine." With regret I let her hand go. "So, what are you doing this week with Iris?" I asked her.

She shrugged "it's a secret."

"A secret? Now I'm intrigued."

"Saturday we are going all out together, Megan is coming with us by the way, and they all know, except Megan and I."

"Megan is coming along with you?"

"Yeah, I asked her. She told me that she doesn't has a bachelorette party. So, I invited her to our party."

"What party?" I asked.

"It's my birthday. We are going out for dinner with the whole family and afterwards we go out with the girls."

I took her hand again "thank you Rose for asking her with you. She won't show you, but this means a lot for Megan."

Rose shrugged and smiled at me; her eyes shimmered with joy "I hope that Megan still will be happy after Saturday. Because when I told Iris that we are having a birthday party / bachelorette party she got all excited. Did you ever watch the Hangover-movies?" I nodded. "Well, don't blame me if you got a phone call from, I don't know where, asking you to come save us. Iris is capable of some crazy shit." She chuckled and shook her head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 10.3K 54
❗❗THIS IS A RENEWED VERSION OF MY STORY HIS VICTORIA, YOU CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL ONE IN MY PROFILE❗❗ ⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke ...
299 29 15
Rachel, an independent and kind 17-year-old girl comes to know that her parents are broke and have to move on the other side of the country. She's te...
122 8 9
The situations in tbis story are real things tbat have happened to me. Triger worning this book contains some of the following topics abuse, sexual c...
211 6 8
Kaya moves to New York to live with her older brother Jackson. She needed to get out of that small town and turn over a new leaf in her life. She n...