Finally Free!

De micahbotha

Life is full of unexpected surprises throughout your life consisting of illnesses, natural disasters and the... Mais

Everyday Life
Bad Day!
Court Appearance
New Family and School
The Big Bad World
Revelation
Fear
Self-Torture
The Truth About Friends
Delilah and The Future
New Beginning
Family
School
Basics
Foreign
The Ball
A Bird In A Cage
Azure Traditions
Trees and Rivers
Sarcoline
Balls and Answers
A Race to the Sea
No Mans Land
Kyle's Torture
Fishing for Answers
Ambushed Ball
Boat Race and Ball
Aurelion's Shores
The Town of Aureolin
Sandcastles
Aureolin's Fields
Off to the Gamboge Forests
Pregnancy Dilemma
Plants and Trees Everywhere
Ponceau's Truth
Out With the Skeletons
A Break
Kindness
Honor
Eburnean

The Kingdom of Hydrangea

0 0 0
De micahbotha

That very night, we make our way to the nearest airport so as to take a flight back to Sable. Rain is falling and the wind is cold as we walk up to the plane.

Once inside, everyone sits down in silence for take off. As I look around, I notice that it is the same plane that I took when I came here.

Red carpeted floors with shiny white ceilings that glow in the darkness. Soft cushioned seats create comfort despite the stress of the situation.

Once we are in the air and the lights are back on, my father gathers the family beside him. Kris and Radley are sitting alongside each other discussing something.

"This is serious Royal business," my father says sternly, "no joking around. Everyone needs to be calm and confident despite all they may have done to us." I see everyone tense which causes me to look at them with confusion but I stay quiet.

"These people are dangerous and they will prey on every weakness," my mother says seriously, "Anthurium, they will be watching to see whether they can take advantage of you and take your throne. Look, they will try to use what they have done to our people to hurt us so...don't get angry...just ignore and carry on."

Everyone nods but they all seem distant in their thoughts. I sense that everyone has not told me everything I need to know.

Aster and Magnolia make their way to their seats. Both of them stare in silence as they watch the clouds roll by at great speeds.

"Anthurium," my father says with extreme fear, "try to stay away from them when you are alone and don't let them psych you out. They tend to be vicious and I have a feeling the King is coming. They are very protective of their people especially when it benefits them."

That last sentence echoes in my mind as I head to my seat. What benefit could they truly get from him other than me?

I decide to think positively and practice remaining silent and calm throughout my time spent in their presence.

Soon, we are landing and everyone is making their way off the plane. Once we are off the plane, we make our way into the carriages awaiting us.

As we get closer to the palace, I notice that the lights are on which means that they are staying in our home with our people. I know their people and I know their way. None of them value a child's life until they reach thirteen but it seems that my family has some idea about their actions. It just seems that they cannot possibly know what I know.

As soon as we are by the doors, a whole army of men and women make their way out of our home wearing their black armor. I push the flashbacks out of my mind and stand tall as I exit my carriage along with my siblings and my parents.

Once we are all out, my father walks straight past them into his home and I follow his lead but I notice their angry and smug expressions beneath all their dark clothing. It occurs to me that The Kingdom of Freesia makes their army where similar clothing which bothers me.

We enter our home and my father leads us to his throne room as we stand beside him. The dark army follows us into the throne room with their eyes hidden from us but their anger evident as they try to show their power over us.

A man from the army comes forward and takes off his armor, revealing his face to us and my father seems to tense.

"Peony," the man says with a smile on his face, "it is so nice to see you again and to grace these lands that I never get to see with my own eyes." "Orpheus," my father says without a sliver of a smile, "what is it that you have come into my land for without permission for the thousandth time?" Orpheus' face darkens at his words and then a smug smile plays on his face, "I came for my person as you have no right to take them." "Seems a bit unfair since you take our people for no valid reason all of the time," my father says with annoyance. "You got me there," Orpheus says with a laugh, "except we do it for money and you know that. It's not out of pure evil that we do this but because of others and their evil intentions." My father rolls his eyes, "Why should we hand him over when he has committed a crime?" "And what evidence is there?" Orpheus asks and looks to me with a smug expression but I pay him no attention, "other than your daughter's words." My father maintains his calm and says, "The country that held the investigations took one of your people and put them to death for their crimes so we are upholding that same sentence for Kyle since he committed similar if not worse crimes."

Orpheus laughs vibrantly but his people stand by his side without flinching, "If you don't give me Kyle, I will reveal all that your daughter has done and why she should not be the next queen. Do you really want that?" My father looks at me but I do not flinch as I hold his gaze, "She has proven who she is and that despite what you and your people have done that she can still do everything that is required of her."

Orpheus turns his attention to me and comes closer to me but Kris steps infront me before he gets any closer, "Do you really believe that?" I remain silent but I don't turn my eyes away from his gaze despite my fear.

"You have trained this one well and really quickly," Orpheus says in a derogatory way. "Orpheus," my father says rather calmly, "you cannot expect this from us." Orpheus sighs and nods, "It's not about expectation but rather about..you know...past experiences that we have had with each other. So I am sure you will take one of my children as security?" "You mean have one of your spies in our home?" my father says seriously but Orpheus just laughs. "If I wanted to put a spy in here," Orpheus says with a serious expression, "I would have done it already and taken Kyle while you were out on your little expedition so you might want to take into consideration that I tried to do things in an...what is it called again?...diplomatic way." My father sighs and after a moment he says, "We have to sign an agreement that will be written and agreed on by both of us in a few days time so you may stay here for the time being."

Afterwards, I hed to my room as does the rest of my family. All of us are heavily guarded from the inside of our rooms because showing it from the outside would show 'fear' apparently.

I look at the guards that are standing in my room as they stare at me. My light is on and I cannot sleep as these people stare at my face.

Knock Knock

My father walks into the room with a sad smile, "Do you...have any ideas of what to add to the...agreement?" "Just make sure there are no loopholes," I say honestly as I hug him tightly, "do you think the child he sends will be unkind?" He nods, "We are not going to let the child hurt us. They will be under guard all the time." "I just found out a lot about them but I never realised it until now," I say seriously but I don't get to say a thing more when my father is called by one of his guards.

As time goes by, the agreement is signed stating that the child will be ounsihed by the country no matter what if they commit any acts against its laws as well as laws governing Kyle when he makes his way back to their country. For example, he will be escorted by our guards until he is back home.

We hand off Kyle and take the child that is then DNA tested to see if there is a match between the King and the child. I never see the child because we have to make our way back to the season. During the whole time in Sable, I never get to see Radley and I barely even see Kris or the rest of my family. All I know is that my mother and father travel one day later. We all make our way to Aureolin because our time in Celadon is up.

Once we touch down in Aureolin, I notice Radley staring at me and I realise how busy being a Crown Princess really is that I never get time for him which is probably why he is so sad at this moment. It makes me wonder how I will manage as queen with spending time with him and possibly children in the future. All of this causes me so much stress that on the way back I just fall asleep in the carriage.

As we get closer to Aureolin, someone nudges me to wake me up and once I wake up, I notice Radley staring back at me.

I hug him tightly, "I'm sorry, I am trying to find the balance in my life still." He nods, "I know and it will all be okay." I smile at him as we slowly pull up to Aureolin and the estate comes into view. It is seated on a beach that is close to the waterfront and the beauty is magnificent as the afternoon sun shines on the beautiful home. A lake ripples nearby in a quiet hushed tone because of the distance from the home as the waves drown out its noise with their loud waves crashing against the short.

Duke Ciril and Duchess Marigold come out to meet us. They seem worried as we come closer and once we get off, they bow and curtsy.

"I am so glad you had a safe trip," Duke Ciril says kindly, "all the other guests have arrived and we will have the ball tomorrow." We all nod as Duchess Marigold leads us into the house.

I catch the Marquess, Count and Countess glancing at us as they make their way to the kitchen.

Tobin seems excited to be home but there are no other children present in the home. I wonder if the Duke and Duchess had children or will ever have children.

Once she shows me my room with Radley, I collapse on the bed and cuddle into the blankets as I fall into a deep sleep with disturbing dreams. All I feel is Radley laying beside me and drifting off to sleep as quickly as me which makes me happy knowing that fact.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

871 42 19
She's been lost for 4 years and everyday that goes by the whole in there heart gets bigger and bigger. They channel there everlasting pain into there...
504 23 19
[COMPLETED] "If you let me leave now, I won't tell anyone what you did sir..." I grumbled, and he smirked a little, as if it was a hilarious joke. "L...
1.3M 27.1K 60
Book 1 in the Solace universe HAPPY ENDING I SWEAR!! Idk why it won't say completed, but it is, I promise 🫡 ( 1 day + 11 hours are for the book, any...
106 3 13
When all she knows is abuse, abandonment, heartache, pain, and fear can anyone make her feel safe again? What happens when her Knight in shinning arm...