How to Live as a mob characte...

By Aether69op

My name is Kai yoshida. I am a 2nd year in engineering college.My life was going normal until I got in an acc... More

The Accident
A New Start
The Chaos
The Exam Period
Swimming Class
The Alliance
Trouble & Deal
Island trouble
Truth and dare
Thief
A Better Outcome
Gist of new exam
Twist and turns
Task & system
Fortune teller
Bento & Sports festival
Guess this is farewell...
Sports Festival
Weak Link
Preperations
Character Development
A Tragic Memory
ANNOUNCEMENT
Freedom
Announcement

New Exam

1.3K 61 16
By Aether69op

Its been a while since the sports festival had ended.

Our class got better result than the original story

Well after all the change was brought by none other than me...

After my 'huge' contribution on the sports festival my reputation has taken a rise by a landslide.

Sigh

Well atleast I enjoyed Ayanokoji's race with Manabu. If only that guy hadn't been on his way.......

"Now that I think about it I haven't collected the reward from the quest....."

I was about to click on claim when something struck me

"Wait... If I don't claim the reward the next quest would never come..... or atleast I hope that"

"Well its worth a shot afterall I don't want that kind of quest anymore. Although I am intrested in learning the past of this body but I am not willing to complete these lunatic quests"

I switched off my phone and went to my bed

"Now that I think about it there's going to be some kind of announcement tommorrow.... Well Whatever I am more intrested in my sleep than some 'announcement'."

The next morning I woke up as usual did my workout routine and went to school....

....Only to meet Ichinose on the way

"Good morning Yoshida kun"

"Oh Good morning Ichinose"

"Do you mind If I join you to school"

Its not like I can refuse you

"Sure"

She matched my pace and started walking side by side with me

"Say yoshida kun do you mind If I ask a question"

Oh god here it comes please be anything other than sports festival

"Sure. ask away"

"Did you got yourself a girlfriend?"

.....

Even Worse

"No.... Why do you think so?"

"Huh? you didn't? But I heard you were going out with a senpai"

"No No we are just friends and she just likes to get a reaction out of me"

"Is that so...."

For some reason she looked relieved

"yeah"

Soon after we arrived at our location

We parted our ways and went to our respective classes

I entered my class and sat down on seat

After a while an announcement was made to gather at the school hall

Oh now I remember its probably about the student council president change

Now that I think about it a election did occur but since I didn't vote in it so it was none of my business

Well whatever I already know who the next president is anyways

"Now, here are some final remarks from president Horikita of the student council."

Following the moderator's speech, Horikita Manabu slowly approached the microphone on the stage.

"I am proud and grateful to have been able to lead the student council for almost two years. Thank you very much."

After his brief statement, Manabu quietly retreated and returned to his original position.

There were no moving words in his speech.

The student council officers on the stage with him stood firm, not breaking their solid posture.

"Student president Horikita has worked so hard for you all. Now, please welcome the new student council president, second-year student of Class A, Miyabi Nagumo."

Miyabi Nagumo, the new student president, walked forward and stood in front of the microphone.

I noticed Ichinose on the stage

Looks like it has started

"I am Miyabi Nagumo of the second year's Class A. President Horikita, I really appreciate your strict and kind guidance so far. I am honored and would like to pay tribute to you. I am thankful for being able to accompany the legendary president who has played one of the greatest leadership roles in the history of this school."

With that, he bowed deeply in the direction of Horikita's brother, and then re-faced the students.

"Let me introduce myself again. My name is Miyabi Nagumo. I will be the next student president of Advanced Nurturing High School. Please take care of me."

Nagumo smiled thin and small so as to change the calm atmosphere.

"I'll get straight to the point. First of all, I promise to change the terms and appointment method of the student council as well as the practice of the general election. This will mean changing the date of the general election of the student council from December to October. This shift will be an attempt to move to a new generation for the student council and I judge that that then will be when the new student council will move towards a new era. I will change the tenure of the president and officers from terms to indefinite so they can serve until graduation. At the same time, I will abolish the current restrictions on the number of student council officers. In other words, as long as it is an excellent and necessary person, they can become a member of the student council at any time regardless of the number of slots that are open. In the event that someone is judged unfit for office, I will establish a system of majority vote at the meetings for expelling them from their positions. As a starting point, let me make a declaration to the students, teachers, and leaders of the former student council who are assembled here. The school system of the future... I will destroy all that has been preserved by the previous student councils for the sake of the appearance of the school."

"I originally wanted to implement this new system immediately, but unfortunately, I cannot do that. This is because the new student president will be bound by various kinds of constraints upon first taking office."

Nagumo glanced at Manabu, the former student council president, and then turned back to the students.

"I promise that there will be a great revolution in the near future. Students with strength will climb up to the top and those without strength will fall to the bottom. I will turn this school into a real meritocracy, so please show me what you all can do."

With that his speech ended

The gymnasium was immediately silenced by his declaration, but almost all the sophomores soon started screaming with joy.

After that we returned to our class and the classes went as usual.

While I was on my to my room I was met by Fuka

"yo Kai"

Looks like she will use my first name after all....

"Hi Fuka"

"Heh~ Looks like we are finally on first name basis"

"Well you called me with my first name so if I would have called you with your last name I would have been awkward"

"Also Fuka is easier to say"

"yeah yeah. So? You are going back to your room?"

"yeah"

"Good then let me accompany you"

"Huh? why?"

"What do you mean Why I want to visit your room"

"Are you crazy? If you enter my room it would create another hell lot of rumors as well as misunderstandings"

"Well who cares about the rumors"

"I care so No you can't go to my room"

"Heeeh.... Please"

"No"

"If you don't let me go to your room I will be visiting you in your class. Hope you would like that"

"ugh Fine but this but don't stay for too long"

F*ck You god

With that I invited a girl other than kushida in my room

"Heh~ Are those dumbels? You workout? Oh there's a gaming laptop as well"

"Stop messing with my room"

"Fine Fine"

"So? Are you done now? You saw my room already. Now go back"

"What's the hurry~ Won't you make a meal for your guest?"

This girl...

"Fine after that go home"

I made her omurice with the last bit of my food resources

"You really are the best"

She said while eating the omurice delightfully

Well looking at someone eat the food I made delightfully isn't that bad i guess...

After finishing her meal and chatting for a while fuka left my room

"Finally some rest"

I jumped on my bed and fell asleep

Next day I woke up as usual and went to school

Chabashira sensei entered the class

"Please find your seats. All of you seem to have made plenty of preparations."

"Everyone looks rather serious. It's hard for me to believe that everyone here is part of Class D."

"That's because today is when you announce the results of the mid-term exam, right?"

Ike spoke with a slightly nervous look on his face. Chabashira-sensei responded with a sly smile.

Mid terms happened after the special exams.

Everyone studied quiet hard for it so I don't think anyone would fail. As for me I should get 80+ in every subjects

The results were shown and no one failed overall

As for me I got my results as expected

Everyone looked relieved but that last only for a few seconds

"As I'm sure you all know, there will be an eight-subject quiz next week as part of the second semester's final exam. I think some of you have already started studying for the exam, but I'll remind everyone again."

"Eh!? I'm just now feeling relieved that the midterm exam is over! Another test!?"

Ike complained

"First of all, the quiz will have 100 questions for a total of 100 points, but the subject matter of the quizzes will be at the same level as what is expected of a third-year middle school student. That is to say, this quiz will serve as a means for us to confirm whether you remember your foundations or not. Moreover, like the mock exam from the first semester, these quizzes will not have any influence on your grades. Even if you score a 0 or a 100, it doesn't matter. It will be used solely to determine your current ability."

"Oh! Ooooh! Are you serious!? Yesss!"

"However- Of course I'm going to tell you that this quiz is certainly not meaningless. Why? Because the results of this quiz will have a large influence over the upcoming final exam."

"What do you mean by influence? Tell us in a way that we can understand."

Sudo asked

"It would be nice to explain it to you in a way that makes it easy for you to understand, Sudō. The school has stipulated that the results of this quiz will be used as a basis to pair you up with someone else in the class."

"Pair?"

Hirata expressed his doubt over the word that seemed the most out of place.

"That's right. The pairing created from the quiz will share the same fate and challenge the final exams together. The exam will be worth 100 points for each of the 8 subjects, and each subject will have 50 questions, for an overall total of 400 questions. This time around, there will also be two ways to fail the exam. The first way is similar to what all of you have already experienced. All subjects will have a minimum standard of 60 points. If the final grade your pair gets on any one subject is under 60 points, then both members of the pair will drop out of school. This 60 point standard is the combined total of each of the two partners. As an example, if Ike and Hirata are a pair, even if Ike gets a score of zero on one subject, as long as Hirata gets a 60, neither of the two will be required to drop out."

A voice of shock leaked out of one of the students. It appears that as long as you get a reliable partner, this will be a fairly easy test.

Chabashira-sensei ignored the students' reactions and explained the other means of failing the final exam.

"The new criteria that you'll have to overcome to avoid expulsion is a cumulative score requirement. Even if you get above 60 points in all eight subjects, if your cumulative score is below this second standard, both partners will be expelled."

"For this requirement, is it based on the collective total between both members of the pair?"

"That's right. The cumulative score will be determined by the total score of both members of the pair. The school hasn't figured out the exact number for the minimum standard that the cumulative score will need, but in previous years the score was around 700 points."

"You said the school hasn't decided on the exact borderline that the cumulative score is required to be above yet, but why is that?"

"Don't be so hasty Hirata. I'll explain the borderline later. The final exam will be divided into two days, where you take four subjects each day. I'll let you know the order of the subjects later as well. In the event of an absence due to poor physical condition, the school will inquire about the legitimacy of the absence. If it is confirmed that the student had no other alternative, they will be given points based on rough estimates of their past exams. However, if the reason for the absence isn't satisfactory, the absentee tester will be given a score of zero for all tests they miss."

"I'm going to give you all a single piece of advice. It's best not to think that you've mastered everything about this school just because you've gotten past the first semester of the first year. In the future, all of you will have to overcome countless exams that are far harder than this one will be."

"P-please don't say such horrible things, sensei."

One of the girls said, frightened by her advice.

"Since it's a fact, it can't be helped. However, this special test...... commonly known as 'Paper Shuffle', usually results in one or two groups of dropouts on an average year. Most of them tend to be students from Class D. This isn't a threat, I'm simply reciting facts."

Until this point, the class had still been somewhat optimistic, but now the atmosphere grew tense.

"Pairs that fall below the borderline will be expelled without exception. If you think my speech is just a mere threat, you're free to ask the senior students. You should have already begun making loose connections with them by now."

"Finally, I'll specify the penalties for the formal examination. Although it shouldn't need to be said, cheating is prohibited during the examination. Cheaters will be immediately disqualified and expelled from school together with their partner. This is not limited to this examination, it also applies to all midterm and final examinations."

"After I receive the results of the quiz, I will inform you about the decision method for the pairings."

"There's one more thing. The school will ask you to consider this final exam from yet another perspective."

"There's one more thing we need to do?"

As the class was slightly upset, Hirata responds as if to summarize the situation.

"Yes. First of all, you will be asked to brainstorm and write your own final exam questions. The questions you write will be the questions on the final of one of the other three classes. This is to say, you will have to launch an 'attack' against one of the other classes, and the class that intercepts this attack will have to 'defend'. The school will compare the overall grades on the finals between the two classes, and the class who wins will receive a total of 50 Class Points from the losing class."

"Depending on the combination, is it possible for there to be a gap in the private points? Let's say Class A attacks Class B and Class D attacks Class A. Assuming that Class A successfully manages to attack and defend, they will get a total of 100 Class Points. But if Class A attacks Class D and Class D attacks Class A, it would only be a trade-off of 50 Class Points, right?"

"There are clear rules on this. In the case of a direct confrontation, the number of Class Points being wagered will change to 100, so don't worry. It's rare, but if the overall grades of each class end up being the same, it ends as a draw. In which case, there won't be any change in the overall number of points."

"The questions you create will be strictly and fairly checked by our teachers. If there are problems that fall beyond the scope of the material, or can not be answered with what is provided in the question, we will require that you amend it. Through a system of constant revision of unacceptable questions, we will ensure that everyone creates fair questions. It won't be anything like the situation you're concerned about."

"In the event that the questions and answers are not completed in time, relief measures will be implemented for you. Our own pre-made questions will be used after the deadline. However, please note that that difficulty of the questions prepared by the school will be lower."

"When it comes to creating your questions, you are free to consult students in other classes and school years, utilize the internet, consult your teacher, or decide amongst yourselves. There are no particular limitations. As long as it is a question the school allows, difficult or easy, we do not care about the content."

"The final exam that we have to challenge, of course, will be one that another class will create for us, right?"

"That's true. You're probably curious about how the class you're attacking is chosen, but the method for determining that is easy to understand. A student simply needs to nominate your desired class and I will report it to the school. If and when there's more than one nomination for the same class, the school will call upon a representative and you'll draw lots. In turn, if there is no overlap, your nomination is accepted and that's the class you'll be writing questions for. I'll hear your nomination the day before the quiz next week. You should think carefully about your decision until then."

"That's it for the preliminary explanation of the quiz and final exam. The rest is up to you to think about."

Chabashira-sensei summed it up this way, and with that, today's class came to an end.

After hearing the rules and stuff I quickly exited the class and went to my room

"Another exam huh... Well whatever I will just study according to my partner and hope he or she studies well as well"

I layed on my bed and fell asleep

Author Notes:-

Hey guys I am back after a long time

My exams are over finally and now I can update the chapter faster

Hope You guys enjoyed the chapter

Feel free to drop your suggestions

And also Thank you following me I just noticed yesterday that I reached 32 followers So thanks for that as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 903 9
"My flaws are the tools for my perfection." Dissatisfied with his state as a blank slate, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka resolves to change during his time in t...
102K 3.2K 90
Very random ideas with a very random upload schedule. I'd say it's a decent length, however my early works aren't something I'm proud of but there ar...
67.8K 1.9K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...
92.1K 3.4K 55
After his first year at the Advanced Nurturing High School, Fukazawa Yato is about to start his second year as a student. With a better understanding...