Unexpected Gifts

Por Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... Más

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter XXX

1.3K 38 0
Por Dyn_Arxon

Minerva was sat behind her desk. She was going over paperwork.

A knock on her office door pulled her attention. "Come on," She called.

The door opened to reveal Filius, Pomona, and Severus.

"You wanted us, Minerva?" The Head of House Slytherin asked lightly.

"Yes," She began. "I want to know your thoughts on approaching Harry and Daphne to help us organize the Halloween Dance. We're only working with the staff and Head students."

Pomona nodded, "Their friends would certainly be a boon. They are a combination of all four Houses and that will also give them a perspective relative to each."

"They would allow me more time with my potions. A few are in the temperamental stages," Severus agreed.

"Filius?" Minerva asked the small man.

"I always enjoy conversing with our young couple," He squeaked. "It would give them something to do as well. I know that they have fallen into repetitive days since Daphne fell pregnant."

Severus choked out, "Pregnant?!"

"Were you unaware, Severus?" He looked up at the other man. "It's why Harry has now brought his companion to the Castle."

"No, I wasn't aware. I see little of the couple after they passed those NEWTs last year," Snape said.

"No matter," Minerva said. "I'll call them for tea this afternoon discuss it with them. We have just under two weeks until Halloween, so it should be plenty of time."

The door was knocked on once again.

Minerva sighed loudly, "Come in."

"Hey, Ma," Rosie said as she came through the door. "Harry and the lot are getting ready for their meeting with the Queen. He wants us there as well."

"There goes your plan," Filius chuckled.

Minerva stood quickly, "That's today?!"

"I'll cover your class with a study hall," Snape drawled.

"Thank you, Severus," She said quickly. "Rosie, should I change?"

"We're going to Buckingham for the meeting, it's in an hour," Her daughter said.

============================

An hour later Harry stood inside deep within Buckingham Palace. He and Daphne were dressed in crisp black robes. They had their armor on underneath. Daphne's had been equipped with a fitting charm to accommodate it's tightness. Their weapons were displayed on their hip and thigh.

The cloaks they wore displayed their Hosue Crests on the front.

Their party was dressed vastly differently.

Because his cousin was unavailable for the meeting, they were joined by Draco, Neville, Blaise, Seamus, Hermione, Luna, Susan, Astoria, Ginny, Flora, and Hestia. Those underage were escorted by their parents.

Cyrus, Arthur, Serena, Amelia, and Auguast were there for their children. Rosie and Minerva were there with Flora and Hestia.

They were all dressed in smart blacks and grays. They wore the Crests of their houses proudly, although Luna was also wearing the Longbottom Crest. Hermione wore the Crests of Harry and Daphne.

They were standing in a large hall, guards stationed every ten feet on both walls. Harry and Daphne began to lead the group down the hall.

They were ignored by the guards as they did. They walked to the other end of the hall, where a set of plain, double oak doors stood out against the light color scheme of the hall.

A guard stepped forward and opened the door for them. They muttered their thanks as they entered the room.

The room was a large office. It held a long table with several chairs. As they entered the room, Daphne caught the scent of something that made her stomach uneasy.

She inhaled shakily as she laid her hand on her slightly swollen stomach. Harry gave her a look of concern as he eased her into a chair.

The Queen Of England and the Taoiseach of Ireland watched as the large group of people entered. They watched as the young man worried over the woman on his arm.

"We're alright, Love. Just a bit of sickness," She told the man in a soft voice.

Queen Elizabeth gave a soft smile, catching onto the fact that the young woman was pregnant.

Taoiseach Bruton's focus was on the blade that the young man wore on his hip. The cross guard was thick, the handle was grooved. The pommel of the sword was bulbous with a small spike. It looked masterfully crafted.

As the party of witches and wizards were sat, Harry remained standing behind Daphne. It was funny for the muggle to see that both kinds of humans would fret over their women.

Harry cleared his throat, "Your Highness, if you'll allow, we are Hadrian James and Daphne Ophelia, Lord and Lady of Clan Potter. With us today are my cousins, Heir Longbottom, Heir Bones, and Heiress Bones. They are joined by their guardians, Madam Bones and Dowager Longbottom."

"We have Lord Greengrass and his daughter, my father and sister-in-law. The Countess and Heir Zabini. We are also joined by Seamus Finnegan, Head of Clan Finnegan."

"And the rest of your party?" Taoiseach Bruton asked.

Harry nodded, "Forgive me. My sister, Miss Hermione Granger, has joined Heir Malfoy today. Miss Luna Lovegood has joined Heir Neville Longbottom. The twins, Misses Flora and Hestia Carrow, are joined by Miss Ginerva Weasley as Clan Finnegan's party. My sister-in-law, Miss Astoria Greengrass, is a part of both parties."

"Finally, my adoptive grandmother, Madam Minerva McGonagall and her daughter, Lady McGonagall-Ross are escorts today."

Queen Elizabeth looked over the group with a critical eye, "Forgive me for saying so, but you have not intro yourself properly, Lord Potter. Although, I certainly can't blame you."

"What?" Bruton asked strongly. "Are you saying he's lying about who he is?"

"No," She said simply as she gave Harry and Daphne a smile. "In the magical world of our Isles, the young couple in front of you hold more power than I do."

Daphne let out a sigh. "I know, dear, I just didn't want to scare them," Harry said.

He straightened himself. He stood tall and strong, his hands coming to rest on his sword and the shoulder of his wife.

"We are Lord Hadrian James and Lady Daphne Ophelia, Lord and Lady of House Potter-Black-Greengrass, House Peverell, House Gryffindor, Lord of House Slytherin, Lady of House Evanshade. Her Highness is correct, in our world we hold more power than she does in your own," He gave their proper introductions.

Bruton gave him a strong look, "Could you explain how you've come to have such titles and power?"

Harry nodded, "I was the sole Heir of House Potter. I find myself joined with my wife through an Alliance Agreement between House Greengrass signed in 1702. We were able to claim the title of Lord and Lady Black through my paternal grandmother and my godfather. My grandmother was younger sister to the previous Lord Black, my godfather was his grandson and Heir. He named me his Heir when I was born."

"The Gryffindor and Peverell families came together through Iolanthe Peverell, she was the first Lady Potter and granddaughter of both families. My mother was Heiress to both Slytherin and Evanshade families. The two families are permanently bound together, as such I might be Heir Evanshade but I cannot hold the title. The title and power falls to my wife, while I hold the title of Lord Slytherin."

Rosie cut in, "He is also named Heir to the titles of McGonagall and Ross."

This made the Queen curious, "He is your Heir?"

"Yes," Rosie smiled. "My father is the late Commander-in-Chief Jamison Evans. His grand niece is Harry's late mother."

"I'm sorry for your losses," Queen Elizabeth said.

Harry was quick to shake his head, "Please don't be, your Highness. My mother and father were the two people who put an end to the terrible murdering sprees that started twenty years ago. It cost their lives, but in doing so, they saved so many others."

"I know the story of James and Lily Potter," the Queen sighed. "I have the thought that the man never truly died that night."

"He did not, but his time is coming to an end as we speak," Harry growled lowly.

The Queen smiled, "You remind me of three great men who I've met. Of course, you have their blood in your veins. However, you're not like any of them. You're more than just a wizard."

"He's my lion-in-law," Astoria huffed.

"What do you mean? I thought he was your brother," Bruton said.

Daphne rubbed her stomach gently, "She calls him such because Harry wasn't born fully human. Myself and Madam Evans are what we call an animagus, wizards that have mastered their inner animal and can assume their form as second nature. We needed to train our bodies, minds, and magic to handle the change. Harry is a Wild Mage, someone who is born with the complete connection with his inner animal. They are able to assume animal form as early as the age of six and the animal grows with them."

"A complete animagus has to come to the realization that their inne animal is still them. Harry was born with the knowledge. My husband is neither lion nor human, he simply is. Does that help you understand?"

The Taoiseach took several moments to wrap his mind around the concept, "Because he is both lion and human, he doesn't need to training like yourselves? He has always known what he is, as such causes no internal conflict? Yes, I believe I understand, thank you."

"I am more than a Wild Mage, sir. If you notice my eyes, they are linked to the Slytherin and Evanshade magic. The blood of Slytherin has it's own born ability. Myself, my aunt, and Rosie are all links to the House of Slytherin and as such are parselmouths. It is the ability to converse with magical and mundane serpents, as well as it's own branch of magic."

"Madam Longbottom is actually the younger sister of my grandfather. Madam Bones is the granddaughter of their eldest brother. Heir Malfoy is the great-grandson of the previous Lord Black, my Uncle Arcturus. Clan Finnegan is our brother Clan. Our government is made of three different factions, The Dark, The Light, and The Nuetrals."

"The Longbottoms and Bones are part of The Light. The Blacks and the Malfoys are of The Dark. The Greengrasses are Nuetrals, as are The Potters. Most people view us as part of The Light because of the manipulations of another, however we have always been Gray Wizards. Potters stand for those that can not stand for themselves, as it always has, it always will be this way. I find myself in a position where I have unwittingly created a new bloc of our government. This is what leads us to be here today," Harry explained.

The Queen and the Taoiseach listened intently to him. "What do you need of us, Lord Hadrian?" Queen Elizabeth asked.

"Clan Potter and Finnegan are brothers, as such I have decided that my family would fall under Clan Potter," Seamus said.

"We are in the process of reviving my homeland, Meath. It would look strange to muggles if my ancestral home were to suddenly live again, that is why that I'm here to work with Taoiseach Bruton in reclaiming my lands again. It has been stolen and given away wrongfully. We are willing to buy it back as privately owned land, but I would prefer if the nation could claim it as protected to keep it from being stolen further," He explained.

"It would take time," The man said.

Harry's eyes grew sharp. "Wizarding Britain finds itself in the middle of a war. I am at the center of this war. You have time."

His voice was steel and seemed to echo around the room. It unnerved the muggle man, but the Queen took it in stride. She watched as Daphne stroked her stomach. As she did, Harry reeled himself in. "Thank you, love," He mumbled and kissed her head.

"You share a powerful connection with your wife, Lord Potter," She said.

Harry smiled and nodded as Daphne spoke, "Through a technique that is secret to only my family we have been able to join our minds in a literal sense. We are able to separate our minds but our bond is so deep that it feels as if a piece is missing when we do."

"Daphne is my mate, bonded by body, mind, soul, and Magic. We might only be teenagers have only been together for just over a year, but she is my wife in every way," Harry said as he looked at her lovingly.

"Teenagers?" Bruton asked strongly.

Harry nodded, "I turned sixteen this past July, Daphne in May."

"Shouldn't you leave the war to those older than you." He asked.

"Only I am his equal. He will use my family against me while I will harm only him and others deserving," He said.

"A war isn't a place for children," The Queen said, a hint of sadness in her tone.

She watched as the Clan Potter all turned to Harry and Daphne. She saw that they would all life and fight for them.

"Ah," She said. "You've never been children, at least you haven't, Lord Hadrian. You find yourself being forced by outside forces into this conflict, but aren't alone. You are looked at as a King and have those that will lay their life on the line for your cause."

"I can see it in your eyes. In all of your eyes. You are young, but you are fighting a battle many of your world will not. You are are not here for my assistance but my compliance. You do not seek permission to prepare for this conflict because you have already begun to."

"You're here to ensure the safety of innocents," Queen Elizabeth nodded.

Bruton looked at her in confusion, "Where did you get that from, your Highness?"

She waved him off, "He holds the heart of a lion. A lion will minimize the impact of their kill has on others to ensure maximum safety. It does no good to take down a kill if you're going to draw the attention of your own predator."

"Well, that and the fact of how he's dressed. Lord and Lady Potter are dressed for battle. Their weapons are magical, especially his sword. I also know he is hiding another weapon that he carries at all times, his grandfather introduced me to it," She added with a look to Harry.

The Taoiseach turned his attention to Harry, watching him strongly. Lifting his hand from his sword, his stave appeared in his grip. The twisted wood somehow screamed power.

"Very astute of you, your Highness," Harry said. "My stave is a creation of Gryffindor and Peverell magic from a thousand years ago. It is enchanted using Slytherin and Evanshade magic and has become imbued with Potter magic during the many years."

"You're certainly not a man to be on the wrong side of, Lord Potter," The Queen said as she studied his stave.

"Maybe so, but he also a gentle and loving man," Daphne said with a smile. "He is doting at times, but he is a good man."

Queen Elizabeth nodded, "That is what makes him so threatening, my Lady. He is a good man that not only realizes but utilizes his darkness."

"You've not it wrong, your Highness," Hermione corrected her. "He's simply Harry. It's just who is to save people. He uses any means necessary to protect his family, and in return, we protect him."

"You have a deep understanding of him," She said lightly.

Hermione shrugged, "Neville and Susan grew up together with Harry. He removed Draco from the wrong side of the war. He has personally saved Ginny's life. He understood Luna when no one else did. He saw through Blaise's walls and befriended him. He and Seamus are working together to revive their families."

"And what about you?" Taoiseach Bruton asked her.

"I have stood beside Harry when everyone turned their backs. He always had Neville and Susan but I had only just met him when we shared our first life threatening adventure. Our lives were threatened for fours years until two years ago. Two years ago Harry was forced into a tournament that was designed to kill. He was put against three others who were all three years older. He was stolen after winning the tournament and tortured to the brink of his life and forced to be part of the revival of the man who murdered his parents."

"When you share the same nightmares, you find that you form a bond different to all others. It's not one formed from different types of love, but one forged from friendship and the need of survival. We might not be related, but Harry adopted my family into his own just to protect us. I'm his sister in all but blood," She explained strongly.

Harry let out a sigh, "I never told you what happened in that graveyard."

"You didn't have to tell her, Harry," Draco cut in. "She's smart enough to have figured it out. Hell, I was raised to hate you and even I could see that you weren't alright. Up until fourth year you were always full of fire when we fought. After that night with the maze, that fire died. You were hollow and your screams could be heard through the entire Castle as you slept. Even dreamless droughts didn't stop your screams."

"They were blood chilling," Blaise said lowly.

Seamus stood and laid a hand on Harry's shoulder, "We told you, we're your Knights. You're not going to face that bastard alone again. You've faced him by yourself four time already and always come back on the brink of death. We're making sure you walk off my battle field with the rest of us."

"You're our Crown, Harry," Neville agreed.

Susan shared a look around the table, "You made us family, Harry. We're not going anywhere now."

============================

After several hours of explaining his plans for Meath, the group finally returned to the Castle.

Dinner had already passed so they were going to eat dinner in their rooms. It was only going to be Harry and Daphne as the others opted to just go to the kitchens or turn in for the night.

Once they entered their rooms, they removed their cloaks and hung them. They decided to change clothes and eat dinner in bed that night.

Once Harry was in a pair of silk shorts and Daphne was wearing one of his shirts they climbed into bed. They slept with their weapons on the bedside so Daphne's dagger was laid on her side drawer. Harry's sword was stood against his.

Once they enjoyed a small dinner of roast kitchen, vegetables, and juice, they laid down.

"You did well today," Daphne said as she pushed her back into his chest.

His arms were wrapped securely around her waist, holding her. He smiled as he laid his face in her hair.

"We all did," Harry agreed.

"Draco was being honest you know," She whispered. "Your tortured cries could be heard even in the forest."

He sighed lightly, "I'm sorry if it scared you."

She shook her head lightly, "It angered me. They could've just redrawn the names because you were underage."

"Dumbledoor was always meddling in my life," He said.

"How did he die?"

"Riddle attempted to make the Peverell ring into a soul container. It instead killed the soul piece. Tom placed a withering curse on the ring without thinking his soul piece was still alive. Albus couldn't stop himself from touching the ring. After his death it was sent to the goblins to be cleansed," Harry explained tiredly.

Daphne had just wanted to fall asleep to his voice.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.1K 193 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N was adopted by the Weasleys long ago and raised as one of the...
100 1 19
Dive into the world of magic.. You've been left Hogwarts for seven years now and find yourself out of work, you end up applying for a job at the Malf...
156K 3K 83
"Who would have thought, that I would have fallen in love with a Potter." "And I, a Malfoy." ***** You, Anastasia May Potter, and your family are ri...
15.2K 510 30
Enid Lupin was the daughter of Remus Lupin. Enid was Remus's pride and joy, and he would do absolutely anything for her. When she was born, he was te...