Unexpected Gifts

De Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... Mais

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter XXIX

1.2K 43 0
De Dyn_Arxon

Harry had heard about what happened in the Gryffindor Common Room from Katie Bell. He was surprised that Ron had issued a threat on his life and knew he needed to talk to him about what was going on.

That's why he and Daphne found themselves sitting in the Gryffindor Tower. They were cuddled up on a couch with Daphne absent-mindedly holding her stomach.

Hearing someone come from the dorms, Harry glanced up to see Neville was leading Ron down. Ron didn't notice the couple until he was at the bottom of the staircase.

Upon seeing them, he stormed over. "What are you doing here and why the hell is there a snake here?" He spat vehemently.

He had drawn his wand as he stormed over, something that wasn't missed by Harry. His lion voiced his warning with a snarl.

"Whoa!" Neville shouted, stepping between them. "Ron, put your wand away. You don't know what you're doing."

"Bloody hell I don't!" He yelled out. "Potter let a snake into the Tower and I'm going to get of them!"

Daphne took hold of Harry's hand before he did anything. She pressed his palm to her stomach gently. "Calm down, dear. He's just upset," She tried to soothe him.

Neville had pushed Ron into a chair and used a sticking charm on him to keep him in place. "You're going to sit there and talk this out with Harry before you do anything to kill yourself again," He said strongly.

"What are you on about?" He asked him in confusion. "She's just a bloody snake."

"A pregnant snake," Daphne sighed heavily.

Ron's mind took several moments to process what she said. His face was contorted in shock and bewilderment as he realized that he threatened a woman who was with a child.

Harry was staring at him, his eyes predatory. His gaze made Ron shiver.

"Now," Harry bit out with a small growl. "You issued a threat to my life. I'm here to sit down and talk about what's going on like mature young adults."

Ron shook his head, "What's going on is you've changed, Harry. You and everyone else have changed. Two years ago you would've never hung around with snakes."

"Ron, is this because we're not friends anymore?" Harry asked bluntly.

"Well, yeah," The ginger nodded. "I mean, you've got to be under some kind of curse or something right? I mean, something had to happen to you after the Tournament."

Neville shook his head as Daphne moved Harry's hand against her stomach to keep him grounded.

"You're right, something did happen," Harry affirmed. "I realized that I needed friends. It was only you, Hermione, Nev, and Sue. I nearly died that night, you know. I was held under Voldemort's Crusiatus for hours. He tortured me to the brink of death before giving my wand back. He wanted to show his followers that I was nothing to him. He was right, I was nothing."

"But as I was about to die, I remembered something. I remembered seeing the faces of my parents, and my grandparents. I saw Rosie's dad. I saw faces I'd only ever seen in pictures. I heard as they told me to live, that my time wasn't over. I was more than the bastards who wanted to see me dead."

"You might be upset and jealous because I outgrew our friendship, but that's alright. It's alright to rant and rave about it. However, that summer, I was given a chance to become greater than I was. I told you all during the Feast at the beginning of last year, we were trapped in our marriage. That contract that caged us, allowed us to grow."

"Yes, you're angry. You're upset. I was your best friend, but you were never really mine, Ron. Hermione has always been like a big sister to me, even when you faltered and wavered. You're jealous because my parents were murdered and I survived. You're jealous because all of your brothers have gone on to make something out of themselves even though you were all raised dirt poor. I understand that I do."

"There was a time in my life when I was a literal slave, Ron. My parents were murdered and I went to live with my aunt. My uncle started beating me by the time I was two. You know how I was when we first met, I would always flinch and shy away from being touched. You're jealous because my life was living hell after living hell."

"Did you know I died that night? That I died three times when I was five? Or that night in the Chamber? No, you didn't. You don't know the signs to look for, but my sister did. She saw them. I've still never told her about what happened in the Chamber or after the Tournament. I could never handle seeing her heartbreak if I did."

"You can rage to the heavens all you will and I'll allow it. You can be upset and jealous over what you want. I will not stand for jealousy over my family, though. Daphne is the single person who has been through my every memory, and who knows just what I felt throughout my life. Magic joined our family magicks before our first date, then we joined our bodies. We have joined our minds and keep them overlapped."

"I have been very open with my relationship with my wife. Why haven't you come to me about how you felt?" Harry asked.

Ron shook his head, "Because you're right. You're right about everything, but I don't know who you are anymore."

"Alright," Harry sighed. "We'll have our duel. I expect you to throw everything you have at me. Give me all of your anger, your jealousy."

"Why still have the duel if you came to talk?" He asked.

"I'm a Lord of several Most Ancient and Noble Houses," He told Ron. "Per the Old Ways, I have to be seen defending my name. You threatened my life, and that cannot go without consequence."

"Seamus and Ginny are explaining what you did to your parents now. I know your dad is versed in our ways, but he was raised as a Blood Traitor. Your mum was raised as a Prewitt, she'll be more understanding as to why we have to duel," He sighed.

Neville cut in, "Ron, as the aggressor, you stipulate the rules of the duel. Harry chooses time and place."

"Can I think about them?" He asked.

Harry smiled slightly, "Yeah. Let me know when you've come up with them and I'll deal with finding a neutral ground for us."

With the matter closed Daphne pulled Harry from the couch. They were standing in the entryway of the portrait when they heard a voice behind them, "Congrats on the baby."

============================

Arthur and Molly Weasley sat at their kitchen table with their daughter, a young man, and Professor Evans.

"Mum, Ron's done something really stupid this time," Ginny said.

The three visitors were all upset about something, that much the mother could see.

"What's he done?" Arthur asked.

Seamus shook his head, "He openly issued a life threat on Lord Hadrian Potter."

"Gin?" Molly asked in nervousness.

"We had a row because he's mad that I'm with Seamus while he's with three other girls. He wasn't listening to anything and accused him of using me. I was going to hex him but Seamus stopped me before I could. Ron got even madder because he touched me, so he drew his wand," She told her mom.

Seamus picked up for her, "Her training was supposed to start tonight so I sent her to change. I told Ron that he was right about Ginny being used, but it was Harry who was doing it. I told him that Harry was using all of us and we were better off in the end for it."

"You explained what was going on to us when you asked to date Ginny," Arthur said.

"He issued a threat on Harry's life afterward," Seamus nodded.

Molly seemed to give a sad sigh, "I know you're doing what you have to, and I'm glad you both stand with Harry, but..."

"I know, Mum," Ginny said.

The Patronus of a medium-sized dog appeared suddenly. "They talked. The duel will continue to give Ron a chance to let out his feelings. It almost got ugly, he was going to cast on Daphne but she kept Harry calm. Ron is thinking about the rules," The dog spoke in Neville's voice.

"Why would she need to keep Harry calm?" Molly asked in confusion.

Ginny laughed lightly, "I'm sorry, I must not have told you in my letters. Daphne is pregnant."

"Oh!" The mother gasped lightly. "I'll make them some mince pies and a cake to relay our congratulations."

She was quick to bustle about the kitchen, preparing the delicious treats.

Arthur shook his head at his wife. "Would you mind staying for tea to take the food to them fresh?" He asked his guests.

"These two can stay," Rosie said. "I need to get back to the Castle to talk to Harry and mum."

It was a few hours later that they returned to the Castle.

============================

Dinner that night, Harry was informed that Ron had made the rules simple. There were no seconds and only until one could no longer cast.

He was informed that he was permitted to use the Defence classroom under the supervision of a Senior Auror and their Head of House.

He readily agreed with the location and rules. He knew that Mad-Eye would be the auror contacted to supervise.

He needed to ask something of both Moody and McGonagall after the duel anyways.

============================

The duel was prepared for the next day. Harry showed dressed in his battle garb, his sword hung from his hip. He entered the room with Moody hobbling behind him.

"We're all here now," The grizzled man growled. "Let's get this show along."

Harry glanced at McGonagall and Evans. Standing with them was Ron. He was in his uniform without his robes. His tie was loosened and his sleeves were open.

A look passed between them before they both walked into the large runic circle carved into the floor.

"Ready," McGonagall called out.

Ron drew his wand, holding it as such. Harry pulled the sword, holding it at arms. He didn't plan on using his magic, he didn't want to hurt Ron.

Rosie let out a soft hiss, activating the runes. After a moment McGonagall called out, "Begin!"

Ron was fast in his casting. He was mostly accurate and powerful. He used powerful blasting and bludgeoning spells, as well as stingers and Transfiguration in his casting.

Harry moved quickly on his feet. He cut and cleaved through the magic, using his sword to defend himself. It continued in such veins until Ron thrust his wand with a strong flick. His magic responded to his mighty roar of rage.

A powerful arc of lightning flew from his wand. It was a blueish white, cracking loudly against the shield and floor. It kicked up clouds of dust, stone, and dirt as it raced toward Harry.

Having been silent the whole duel, Harry used the flat of his blase to block the magic. It rang against the metal beautifully as the weapon grew hot. He didn't move or deflect, taking all of Ron's rage.

This went on for several long minutes before Ron's magic bottomed out. The bold of power flickered out, leaving the boy to fall to his knees. He was panting heavily, his eyes wide as he stared at Harry.

Harry's power had leaked out of him as he took on the lightning. His eyes were glowing brightly through the dust. His sword looked unscathed as it thrummed with power. The residual lightly crackled around the wizard and his blade as he still stood in the defensive position.

As Ron looked at him, he realized why his sister was so ready to follow him. He could feel the power of his old friend. It astounded him.

He was shaken from his reverie as the runes deactivated.

"Lord Potter is the winner," McGonagall said.

Harry cleared the dust with a slash from his sword before he sheathed it.

"Well," Moody growled out. "It's been a while since I've seen raw magic like that."

Harry laughed lightly, "Well, I've got to ask you something. I want to implement a physical program at the school, and I wanted to know if you would lead it."

Moody began to bark with laughter, "Are you mad, boy?"

"Maybe," Harry shrugged. His lips curved into a grin. "But if Uncle Jamie can turn you into the monster you are, I'll make a demon out of you before Death Eaters march on our door."

Moody shivered at the mention of the man. "I forget that the blood of that beast still flows."

Rosie gave a feral grin. "Don't you forget it either," Her voice held a hiss of her parseltongue.

"Ruddy monsters, the lot of ya," He growled out before looking at Harry. "I'll talk with ya aunt. If Amelia stations me here for this little fitness class then I'll it."

Minerva smirked, "Good. You'll be allowed to run the fifth year and up like your Aurors. Lower years will be gone easy on."

This seemed to excite the heavily scarred man. Harry helped Ron up from the floor.

"Oh, and you're to leave Harry's group out of it. They are already training as you did back in the day," Rosie told him.

Moody regarded Harry strongly, "No more family lost?"

"I'm going to tear his head off," Harry's voice was a snarling growl.

The sound spooked Ron, as he didn't know Harry could do that. He must not have heard his growl in the Common Room.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

49.8K 1.6K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...
4.1K 152 21
Rebecca Lupin-Tonks is the daughter of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. You could say she's your average 16 year old girl just starting her first...
1.1K 67 29
A muggleborn Slytherin? Unheard of. What will happen when that girl becomes friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione? What will happen when she falls in...
1.2M 37.1K 47
Harry Potter, son of Lily and James Potter, half blood wizard. Or not? It's two weeks before Harry's 17th birthday, when he discovers the truth. His...