Unexpected Gifts

By Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter XXVIII

1.4K 40 6
By Dyn_Arxon

The days of October passed blissfully slowly. A steady rhythm of daily events started playing out.

Since they found out about the pregnancy, Harry and Daphne's nights were spent in tender, loving bliss. They were slow and passionate with each other. Several cliff-falls were cut down to a single time, yet it somehow felt all the more special to the couple.

When they woke, they shared a hot bath. They would relax in the water as they washed the other. Harry was always mindful of her stomach. He knew he did not need to be so careful, but he didn't want to risk anything. His lion had settled closer to the forefront of his mind, ready for nary a thought.

Harry had brought Tussisss to the Castle, and when he wasn't around Daphne, his companion was. It unnerved several students, but the great serpent was gentle with the first and second years.

Professor Grubbly-Plank had requested that Harry and Daphne assist her with a few lessons for the upper years when she bore witness to how gentle the Selma seemed to be with the younger ones.

They were currently on one of the many lawns of the Castle, specifically one in the courtyard. The professor was hesitant to move too far from the castle.

Over the next few days, they would be having lessons on Selmas with every year. Today would be the first and second years. Professor Grubbly-Plank decided to join the first six years together in twos, giving the seventh years their own more in-depth lesson.

Tussisss was curled around Harry and Daphne ad they sat in the grass. His head was in her lap as she stroked him lightly.

The youngest years had just gathered around as the Selma hissed, "She gives the best pets."

Harry laughed lightly at him as Bell and Rami came over, being familiar with the large snake. "You only let three people pet you," Bell said.

"Still the best," Tussisss hissed out like a sigh.

Rami pouted at the serpent, "Do you not like my pets anymore?"

The Selma was caught in a verbal trap. He looked at the pouting girl, looked to see that Daphne wanted an answer as well, and then turned to Harry. "Help," He hissed out.

Harry could only laugh at his companion. The interaction had caught Grubbly-Plank off guard.

"You both can understand him?" She asked the Buckul twins.

They both shrugged. "Kind of," Rami said

"We don't understand how we can yet," Bell agreed.

"I've told you before," Harry shook his head. He looked at the Professor before continuing, "Bell was born with a technique lost from the Potter family years ago. His magic naturally allows him to understand magical animals. He can't comprehend their languages, but he knows what they say."

"Rami has something that is connected to the Peverell family magic. She's able to hear the voices behind magical languages, as well as being able to hear magic. I've had her training for nearly a year so that her mind wouldn't become overloaded when she came here."

"I still don't understand it," Bell pouted lightly.

"You don't have to yet," Daphne told him. "It's our responsibility as your Lord and Lady to understand it for you. In a few years, we'll start tutoring you to understand and use your natural magic more."

"Yes, well, let's get on with our lesson," The old witch shook her head. She wasn't about to try to understand anything that dealt with the Potter family magic.

============================

Hermione was leaning over a table in the library, pouring over an ancient tome. She thought that magic should be shared freely with all, but understood that wasn't the case.

Because she was now a part of the Potter family, Harry allowed her access to a little bit more of his library. What she had read there could do serious damage to the world if used wrongly. Harry had told her that she may read something out of those books, but she was never permitted to attempt any without him.

She was hesitant to agree until she cracked open the first book.

Draco was sitting close by, a quill and parchment in front of him. He was doing several Arthrimancy and runic sequences for a pet project of his. He would only tell her that it was something he was working on with Harry.

She let out a sigh as she finished the chapter she was reading. They both sat back, stretching lightly.

"Are you done with your project?" She asked him.

"I am," He smiled.

She laughed lightly, "Do I get to know what it is now?"

"Something very dangerous," He said seriously. "We know that Fiendfyre summons semi-sentient flames from an alternate space of Magic. I was able to modify the spell by dominating it using Black magic, but that's very taxing."

"We know that Death Eaters have a proclivity to use the spell. It's also one of only two known ways to kill Dementors. We have been researching all we can about the alternate space. We have come to know that it is called Thilosan, a world of fire magic."

"Flame spirits reside in that space and can be summoned here. Many ancient Asian and Euroasian magical communities summoned elemental spirits. They are referred to through different ranking systems. We have been able to find references that elude to other alternate spaces that contain magical elements."

"We know that Fiendfyre is a cursed flame spirit. It will consume everything it touches until there is either nothing left or it is stopped. It has to recognize a combination of powerful magic and strong willpower to be conquered. If cast by someone with powerful will and magic, it will submit itself to be dismissed. We theorize that if we can modify the spell to remove the curse then because Fiendfyre is a Superior Flame Spirit, we will remove the threat of casting the spell."

Hermione's thoughts spun, "H-How did you even come up with this?"

"It was originally a thought Uncle Jamison noted in our books," Draco ran his hand through his blonde strands. "He noted that he didn't have the material needed for research. He had a truly terrifying understanding of magic, but Harry's understanding is parred with his."

"There's a reason your brother is called Voldemort's Equal. It's because the only person of this age that could've hoped to match their understanding of magic was Dumbledore. However, where Tom Riddle has focused his attention on the nastier side of magic, Harry looks at all magic the same. He sees the uses of the Unforgivables just as much as he does a healing charm," Draco told his girlfriend heavily.

Hermione shrank into her mind, munching over thoughts wildly. "If this is what he works on with you, what does he do with all his free time?"

"Allow us to enjoy ours," He told her. "Come on, let's head down to the kitchens and grab a picnic. We'll go down to the lake for lunch."

"Ooh! Will you draw for me while we're there? I love your sketches," She perked up, pushing her wild thoughts out of her mind.

Draco laughed as he stood up, pocketing the parchment and quill. He held his hand out to her, "Yeah, I'll make you a new sketch."

They went down to the kitchens, receiving a basket of sandwiches and fruit. They thanked the elves and left the castle. They waved at the large group of first and second-years who were eating lunch in the courtyard with Harry, Daphne, Tussisss, and Professor Grubbly-Plank.

They made their way to the Black Lake, Hermione holding Draco's hand as he carried the basket.

"Thank you," She told him lightly.

"Hm? For what?" He looked at her.

Hermione smiled at him, a bright, warm, caring smile. "Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me about your project," She said.

"Ever since last year, when you asked me for help in the library, you've been helping me as well. I'm not as focused on my work, and you make sure I take breaks. I've grown to love our quiet little moments in the library"

Draco smiled, "You helped me grow enough to fall in love with you."

He whispered for only her to hear. Her tanned skin grew flush as she looked down in embarrassment. She let go of his hand, wrapping her arm around his and hugging him gently. Her head fell to his shoulder, a few thick strands of hair hiding her face.

"I'm falling for you also," She mumbled lightly, admitting it softly.

They spent their lunch in a comforting silence before Draco began to sketch Hermione. Ever since she found out about his love for art, she had ordered him a muggle charcoal sketching kit. He had yet to sketch her but had given her drawings of sunsets, many different creatures, and even of parts around the castle.

They stayed by the Black Lake nearly until dinner, enjoying being with the other in a soft silence, the only sounds being the soft muttering under her breath as she read and the scratch of the pencil.

============================

Neville was lounging across one of the many couches in Gryffindor Tower. His hand was running through the dark blonde hair of Luna. They were laying there reading, but when she fell asleep he took the book and laid it on a side table behind his head.

Seamus had come down from their dorm, giving a surveying glance around the room. A commotion drew his attention to the other side of the common room. He could hear the irate voice of Ronald Weasley and he heaved a sigh.

He remembered that Neville said Luna was visiting the Tower today and looked around for them. When his eyes fell on Neville and his sleeping girlfriend, he shared a shushing motion with his friend, asking if a silencing ward was placed around them.

Neville confirmed that he had put up a silencing ward, one that would silence the outside world. Seamus gave him a nod and began to make his way toward the commotion.

As he walked over he realized that the argument was shared between one of his girlfriends and her youngest older brother.

"What is your problem, Ron?" Ginny asked him. Her voice was hard, one she used when angry.

"My problem?" Ron asked loudly, pointing a finger at her sharply. "You're the one who's dating someone with three other girlfriends!"

Seamus could hear the rapid tapping of her foot in agitation. "Seamus is nothing but a gentleman. Just because you're dormed with someone doesn't mean that you know them," She answered him.

She seemed to have noticed people watching and her eyes quickly glanced over him. She knew that he wouldn't step in until needed, he knew she liked her independence. It was one of the many things she liked about him.

Ron gave an angry sound, "He's nothing but trouble for you, Gin! Do you even hear the rumors about him?"

"Of course, I do!" She snapped at him. She had held herself back because she knew Luna was around and asleep, but now that Seamus was around she blow up a bit more. "I'm part of those rumors! Have you ever taken a moment to think that maybe we all like him? No, you only listen to nasty rumors about us!"

"What do you expect me to do?! Be alright with my sister dating three other girls and the biggest cad in the Tower?!" Ron spat back.

Ginny visibly bristled, "Mum and Dad are! Seamus has been absolutely respectful to all of us. Did you know we forced him into a corner to answer us? He danced around our advances for months before the summer."

"He made us wait the summer so he could get his affairs in order. He sent a letter to all of our parents and formally asked for their permission over the summer. I'm not just your sister Ron! I'm part of something bigger than the both of us. I'm part of something that I'm going to lay my life on the line for."

Ron scoffed, "So you're going to follow Potter on his stupid witch hunt?"

Ginny seemed to snap at his remark. Seamus moved as she drew her wand. His hand wrapped around her wrist, holding her hand back. His arm, firm with muscle, wrapped around her waist and pressed her back into his chest.

"Enough, Gin," He said lightly to her, his breath warm so close to her ear.

The watching crowd seemed to flush and whistle at the intimate hold he had on the smaller ginger. Ron purpled in rage at the sight.

His wand was in his hand, aimed at the Irishman and his sister, "Get your hands off my sister, Finnegan."

His voice was loud with anger. Seamus wasn't paying attention to him, he was more concerned about his raging girlfriend.

"It's alright now," He told her lightly. His arm around her stomach squeezed lightly. "I'll take over from here. Go change and find the girls, training for you and Astoria starts tonight."

Her anger-filled eyes fell closed as she took a deep breath. She had to take several more before she turned her head, leaning up and laying a kiss on his cheek.

She slipped from his hold and quickly left for her dorm.

Turning his attention to Ron, he noticed the wand aimed at him. "Put it away, Weasley. You don't understand the position you're in."

"I know you're only using my sister," Ron said hotly.

"I'll admit that she's being used, but it's not by me," Seamus snorted. "Harry is the one using her. He's using all of us but we're getting just as much as him out of it all."

Ron bristled, "I'll kill that bastard!"

More people had gathered to watch. His threat to Harry seemed to anger Seamus.

"Is that an open threat to Lord Potter?" Seamus asked him strongly.

Ron bristled again. "Yeah, so what?" He growled out.

The gathered Gryffindor students watched as the Seamus they all knew melted away. In his place stood a man bred of fighting blood, a warrior. His eyes were strong, his eyes sharp.

"As Seamus Finnegan, Head of Clan Finnegan," Seamus spoke curtly. "Brother to Clan Potter, I shall organize a formal duel between Ronald Weasley, Son of Family Weasley, and Hadrian Potter, Lord of Clan Potter."

Seamus turned and walked away. "You will be contacted with further information in due course," He threw over his shoulder.

"Oh, shit," One of the seventh years said.

Seamus walked away, the cussing and curses of Ron following him. He walked back toward the staircase.

As he got to the bottom, Ginner was coming from her dorm in muggle sportswear. She had on joggers and runners. Her tank top showed her naval and the thick straps of her sports bra.

When she saw the stoney expression of her boyfriend, she grew worried, "What happened?"

"Your brother made an open threat on Harry's life. By law, that is an issue of a duel," He was honest with her.

"Did he accept?"

He sighed, "He did."

Ginny groaned, "Then training can wait. Let's go find McGonagall and see if we can floo home to tell Mom and Dad."

They quickly left the Common Room after informing Neville of what was going on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 11.9K 39
"I never knew that my 16th birthday would change my whole life.." ---- On my 16th birthday I found out about my parents, but what should I do? Stay w...
565 12 7
Seeing the future has its costs, for you it takes a mental toll. Seeing the things and people you love suffer had never been something you could deal...
15.2K 510 30
Enid Lupin was the daughter of Remus Lupin. Enid was Remus's pride and joy, and he would do absolutely anything for her. When she was born, he was te...
100 1 19
Dive into the world of magic.. You've been left Hogwarts for seven years now and find yourself out of work, you end up applying for a job at the Malf...