Unexpected Gifts

By Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter XXVI

1.4K 41 0
By Dyn_Arxon

As the weeks of September passed, Harry noticed that Daphne's scent was slowly changing. She had also started to feel strange. They had discussed the different possibilities of what could be going on.

It was Saturday, the twenty-eighth, and Harry woke up before her. She had her head tucked into his chest, her arms wrapped around him. He could feel her skin against his from where they had fallen asleep quickly after their nightly events.

As he inhaled her scent, he noted that it had slightly changed again, becoming sweeter. There were notes that he recognized from before, knowing someone whose scent also gradually changed. That thought shook Harry. They hadn't discussed such a possibility.

It was only a few minutes later when Daphne woke up, yawning against his chest. "Good morning," She said sleepily.

He laughed lightly and kissed her head, "Good morning, love."

As her mind cleared and woke more, she came across the realization that Harry had thought about. She blinked a few times before inhaling shakily. "Shower and Pomfry?" She whispered.

Harry didn't answer her, instead, he lifted her from the bed and carried her into their bath. They cleaned themselves, deciding not to have relations in the shower like normal. The possibility was still fresh in their minds.

They dressed in comfortable muggle loungewear. They wore dark gray sweats and jumpers. After getting dressed they promptly made the trip to the Hospital Wing.

"Madam Pomfry?" Harry called for her lightly as he guided the way toward his bed.

The mediwitch was true to her word and placed a name card on the headboard that read: Potter. It was bronze with bold lettering.

"What seems to be the matter, Mr. Potter?" The mediwitch asked, walking from her office as Harry helped Daphne sit.

Since they had that possibility thought that morning she had felt weak in shock.

"We'd like to ask for a full medical scan on Daphne," He requested of her.

Daphne laid herself back when asked. Her hand held Harry's tightly. Her mind was a mix of emotions that she wasn't sure how to handle. He brushed his mind against hers, wanting to help all he could. He was experiencing similar emotions, but they were together in this.

Madam Pomfry spent nearly twenty minutes casting medical charms. She was thorough in her examination, even when her spells told her what she needed to know.

Daphne was a young woman of peak health and physical condition.

"Well," Madam Pomfry said. "You are both very astute. When did you have the assumption?"

"Only this morning," Harry told her.

Daphne sat up and leaned into him, "We first noticed something was off a couple of weeks ago. We discussed what the possibilities could be, but this never came up."

The Madam nodded, "You did right by coming for a check as soon as you had the thought. It seems that Daphne, you are indeed with a child. I'll write you a pass from your lessons this week."

When given confirmation, Daphne unconsciously laid her hand over her stomach. Harry smiled lightly at her, "Thank you, Madam Pomry. Would you mind if I request for our family healer to join us here?"

"I'm sure she won't mind visiting to perform bi-weekly exams," Madam Pomfry agreed.

"Let's go tell Gran," Daphne said lightly. She had come to refer to Minerva as such in the months building up to their wedding, something that pleased the older witch.

"I'll call Andi after," Harry agreed.

He assisted her in standing and she looped her arm securely through his. At that moment they were completely happy. Yes, dark times were upon them, but they were having a child.

While they found themselves married rather young in Pureblood circles, the pregnancy fell into accordance with the timing of most in regards to their wedding date.

Most purebloods were married just after graduation, or within at most six years after. It wasn't quite typical outside the Isles anymore, but the continent had found relative peace after Grindelwald. It was only thirty years later that Tom Riddle rose to war though.

============================

They soon found themselves in McGonagall's office.

"Is something the matter?" She asked them.

They shared a look before Daphne gently grabbed her hand. She laid it softly over her stomach. "We're going to be parents," She said in a soft, almost undetectable whisper.

McGonagall caught what was said, although it still sounded light to her. Her mouth opened slightly as she stared down at her hand. She wasn't sure what to say. Her mind caught up enough to pull the young woman into an embrace.

"Did Poppy give you a pass?"

"She did," Harry confirmed. He wrapped his arms around his wife once his grandmother let her go.

Minerva thought for a moment, "Tell Filius and Rosie. They'll need to know for when Daphne has to pace herself."

"Can I call Andi before?" Harry requested, motioning to the floo.

She nodded and sent a Patronus off her daughter and Ravenclaw counterpart while he called. When Harry pulled his head from the floo, he once again wrapped his arms around Daphne.

"She said she'll check you every two weeks until February, then she'll check you weekly," He told her, kissing her head lightly.

It was a few minutes later that Flitwick and Evans came into the office, wondering why they were called.

"Did you need us, Mum?" Rosie asked, smiling at Harry and Daphne.

"No, we did," Daphne said softly.

Flitwick grew a worried look, "Is something the matter, Mrs. Potter?"

She shook her head, smiling at the Charms Master. Her hand lowered to her stomach, "Magic has decided it's time for our family."

"Oh!" The astute half-goblin exclaimed. His worry washed away to happiness as he smiled brightly, "Congratulations are in order then."

Rosilin finally caught up, her eyes raising tall as she looked at the couple in bewilderment, "You're pregnant?"

She was given a bright, boyish smile by Harry. He knew he had family, but he always wanted one of his own. The young couple had pushed thoughts of worry and stress away for later.

"I've been given a week off and we wanted to tell Gran. She called so we could tell you as well," Daphne told her.

Rosie was quick to hug the woman. It now felt right being back home in her heart. She had rarely been in the Isles since the death of her father and siblings, but when she was home she stayed for several months until Harry went off to Hogwarts. Now, seeing him after six years, he was married and becoming a father.

"Gods, you make me feel so old," She grumbled to the couple. "The last time I was home, Harry all manner of creatures fret over him."

"Glitter fretted over me before the wedding, Jax made sure to do so afterward," Harry chuckled.

Daphne sighed, "Draco had to explain to Hermione that Potter weddings are singular events in the Wizarding world."

"Yes," Filius said. "Not even James and Lily's wedding was quite as unique."

"They also only had close family and friends attend. I believe there were fifteen people at most," Minerva said.

Rosie smiled at the couple again, giving Harry a hug around his shoulder. "I'm so happy for the both of you," She told them.

"Harry, I'm going to need you to erect the wards for the mock duels for the next few lessons. I don't want to risk any stray spells," She told him strongly.

Harry laughed lightly, "They are Uncle Jamie's runes. You only have to activate them, I kept the activation the same."

"A touch of family magic?" She asked to make sure.

Harry nodded as Minerva huffed, "My husband created books that I'm honestly glad require certain magicks to open."

"Those books aren't anything compared to what Harry and Draco are working on," Daphne sighed as she leaned against her mate more.

Rosie cocked a brow, "I've read those books. What are they working on?"

"Do you remember that wall of fire Draco shot at me during our duel?" Harry asked. "It's a concentrated modified Fiendfyre that limits the size and destruction. Draco modified the spell to emulsify anything it touches."

"Then why did he use it in a classroom?" She asked startled.

Harry shrugged, "Because he knows I'm able to defend against it. I did tell them any means to subdue me."

"I'm also the mad bastard that's modified the killing curse," He added.

This caused the three professors to choke, looking at him as if he had two heads.

"What do you mean?!" Minerva asked him strongly.

"Well, the curse is just that, so it has to have a counter. I've invented the counter by modifying the spell. The curse cuts the connection between the soul and body, however, the soul does not leave the body until the body dies," He explained.

"If the counter curse is used within a day, then it reestablished the links between soul and body. Just how to cast the curse you need to want with everything in you for someone to die, you have to want with everything in you for someone to live to cast the counter."

"I told you, I'm not letting any more of my family die to that bastard," Harry growled lowly.

Rosie seemed to be thinking along the same line of thought, "What's the incantation? We can start teaching it to some of the others."

Harry shook his head, "Not yet. I've modified the curse, but I haven't mastered the counter yet. The incantation is a mix of Latin and Ancient Gaelic though."

"You are geniuses, mad, but geniuses," Filius said lowly.

Minerva sighed, "Just where have you found to test such magic?"

"The Room of Requirements is a pocket space created by magic," Daphne told her. "It's like a spinning wheel of different rooms. Each time a new room is thought of, it is either modified from an existing space or a new one is created and added to the wheel."

"Ravenclaw was brilliant," She said.

============================

They had invited their friends to their rooms for lunch. They wanted to tell them all together.

Seamus was the first to arrive with Astoria, Ginny, and the twins. Blaise followed with Susan, Hannah, and Tracey. They already brought Bell and Rami to their rooms and were waiting on the final couples.

Draco sighed as he walked through their door, a thick book under his arm. "Sorry about being late, we lost track of time in the stacks," He said.

He was waved off and welcomed. Neville showed last. He looked disheveled and Luna was laughing at him lightly.

"What happened to you?" Blaise asked him.

"Snap Dragon bush," He answered.

Daphne was curled in her spot on the couch, a blanket in her lap. "Well, we added a few seats so find yourselves a spot," She laughed lightly.

Harry sat back beside her, pulling her partly into his lap. He kissed her shoulder as he squeezed her softly.

"So," Astroia said as Maisey and Dobby handed out chicken cutlet sliders. "What's the occasion for lunch in your rooms?"

"You becoming an aunt," Harry told her straightly, his face clear as he stared at her.

The girl choked on a bite and had to swallow it hard. Her eyes stung with tears but she stared at her sister and lion-in-law widely.

Daphne's hand had fallen to her stomach, a smile lifting her lips as she looked at her sister. Harry's hand lay over hers, holding her stomach as well.

Astoria dropped her food back to her plate, her hands covering her mouth. The tears in her ears fell slowly, "By the Gods..."

Their friends had thought that Harry was teasing her before they realizes that Astoria was crying and the couple was being serious.

Draco recovered first, "Congratulations, the both of you."

"Isn't the timing a little inconvenient?" Hannah asked.

Blaise and Susan snorted lightly. "They were always adamant that Magic would decide when they had a child," Susan told her friend.

"Well," Hermione took a slow breath, "It's certainly another blessing."

Tracey's bubbling laugh came from her, "I really want to hug you, but I'm worried about squishing the little bean."

"I'm only a month along," Daphne smiled at her best friend, "Let's save the hugs for later though."

"Alright, I'll make sure I'm careful," Tracey said.

Hermione thought for a moment, "You're not due until May, what are you going to do then?"

"Godric had his daughter while here," Harry told his best friend that was more like an older sister. "I've already seen a lot of baby furniture throughout the Room. Clothing and nappies are easy to get."

Neville raised his butterbeer, "Here's to our little niece or nephew. We'll make sure that they can be born into a world of peace."

They all raised their drinks, congratulating the couple.

"They'll likely be born during this war, but they'll grow up without it," Harry said lightly, his voice holding a promise to protect his wife and new unborn child.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100 1 19
Dive into the world of magic.. You've been left Hogwarts for seven years now and find yourself out of work, you end up applying for a job at the Malf...
56.4K 1.9K 42
sequel to Loving You the last installment of the Draco Malfoy Love Story Series the one thing that i will always remember about my father is the stor...
13.4K 520 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...
255K 7.3K 48
Draco Malfoy is working to live in the world that has shunned him after the war, while finishing his schooling and trying to stay out of Azkaban. He...