Dangerous Illusion

Od SenjutiSardar

Carlos Valentino, the head of the Italian Mafia. A name that brings chills to your spine. Ruthless, powerful... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Rose
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Rose

989 26 0
Od SenjutiSardar

When I woke up, Carl was still holding me. I can never get tired of having him beside me. I'd love to skip the gala but Carl was right about Lisa going insane about my absence.

I got ready just like Carl wanted me to be. I was isln aww looking at myself. The black silk dress fell elegantly over my body. The heels giving me a bit height and a lot of confidence. I was looking sexy and sophisticated. The holster added a whole new look.

I messaged Carl to come to our room. He came running as if I needed something asap. Yes, I needed him. He opened the door and he stopped there. When he came forward to me I could see only warmth in his eyes.

During the whole limo ride I sat on Carl. He was not going to leave me and didn't want it to be any other way.

When we entered the hall O was shocked. Glitters, glimmers and shimmers all around. Money doesn't only talk here, it fucking screams.

Lisa spotted and ran towards me. She was looking stunning in her satin golden gown. She pulled me in a hug while I held Carl's hand.

"Where were you?"

"We are not late, Lisa. We are on time and you are the cynosure of this party. Enjoy, girl."

"I will when I get my best friend by my side."

She gave Carl a tight hug.

"Hey, sis-in-law, how are you doing?"

"Oh, stop with the formalities. We met yesterday."

Three of us smiled.

"So, can I take your girl or is she stuck with you?"

"She's stuck with me but I can lend her to you for some time."

"Hey, don't talk like I'm not present."

Carl leaned sideways towards me and whispered, "Baby, just hold on a bit. I have people with whom I have to meet and then I'll steal from everyone."

I giggled. Laugh and giggles are quite frequent when he's around.

"I'll be waiting."

He gave a one last kiss and disappeared in the crowd. I shift my attention to Lisa.

"Where is Val?"

"Oh he's talking business. But the girls are here and Silvana and Floria are dying to meet you."

"Let's go then."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd whole I scooped a champagne from the tray nearby.

Silvana squealed seeing me. She can be an assassin but she didn't lose her eighteen year old innocence.

"Rose, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Silvi."

"You know my brother was seconds away from banging his head. He went crazy without you. He didn't even attend our family dinner."

I didn't know he was this miserable without me. But why? Yes I did promise to come back but it was never like we knew each other for a very long time. Floria broke my trail of thoughts. She pulled me into a hug.

"How are you, sweetie?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm fantastic."

"You look stunning."

"You too."

Just then, Nonna joined us. I guess her night off paid off well. I'll not be stunned if goes home with a man beside her.

"Nonna, you are turning a lot of heads today."

"Told ya."

She winked at me. It's good to see lovely people around us. My disappearance affected a lot of people.   That gave me a lot of attention. Even Rico joined us along with a familiar face. My uncle. I was so happy to see him.

"You look stunning, sweet pea."

"And you look dashing as always."

I leaned and whispered, "Try to take someone back from here."

He chuckled.

"Did you meet, Carl?"

"No, I'll meet my little guy but I wanted to meet my princess first."

"What's with this little man?"

Rico interrupted, "Carl was very fond of Matt. He still is."

"Wow.  That's news?"

Just then uncle looked at nonna. And I saw nonna was already eyeing my uncle. Something might brew today. The stare was getting too long when I told nonna, "He's single and I would love to have an aunt."

She smiled and blushed. My uncle did the rest. He came up and asked her for a dance. Okay, I guess now I'm definitely going to have an aunt.

I was talking with my girls when someone ruined it for me.

"Why are you back?"

"I never went anywhere, Matrix?"

"Stop calling me that. It's Beatrice. Should I spell it for you?"

"Oh no need. So, what kind of a trick you want to pull now?"

"Why did you come with him?"

"Isn't it obvious? Of course, he's gonna bring the girl he likes as his plus one and not someone whom he pity fucked and dumped."

She was seething. Her face became red. I guess Carl sensed that and he was by my side in not time holding me by my waist.

"You bitch."

Carl was going to react when I stopped him and took this matter in my hands.

"Look, I don't know who's a bitch here and I don't want to know. But listen to this very clearly, look at my man and I'll fucking pluck out your eyes and fees it to the dogs. Touch him and I'll break your fucking hands and keep it as a memoir in my house. And I don't joke about these things, Matrix."

"He's not your man."

"Ask him."

She looked at him and he nodded and kissed my hair. Again speechless. This fake ass bitch comes to fight with me but goes back speechless. Accepting her defeat she left us to our peace.

Lisa came and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Why won't I be?"

"That bitch. I'm sorry, Rose, I'm attending so many people that I'm able to talk with you."

"Chill. You go say hi to people. It's your party, enjoy and don't think about me."

Just then Carl picked me up in bridal style.

"What are you doing?"

"Stealing you from the world and you wanted to attend the gala while I picked you up. So, here it is."

"I was kidding, Carl. Put me down. Everyone is watching us."

"I took it very seriously, baby. I'm not putting you down and let them watch."

Our friends were smiling at us. Of course it's fun to see their boss going crazy.

He literally started walking and go around the hall. He stopped in front of his cousin. I couldn't recall his name but I saw him at the wedding.

"Brother, what is this?  Why did you pick her up?"

"She wanted me to pick her up."

"I didn't, Carl."

"You did. By the way, this is my cousin and the heir of the Russian mafia, Andrei Ivanov. He was very eager to meet you."

"It's nice to finally meet the girl who whipped my brother."

He chuckled and just when he was going to take my hand, Carl stepped backwards. Possessive asshole.

"Uh uh, little brother. Not this woman. She's mine."

"God, Carl. I was showing her how much of a gentleman I am but you are  incorrigible."

He let out a sigh and I threw my head back and laughed.

"I can show her how a gentleman actually behaves. Right, baby?"

I whispered in her ears, "Prove it to me."

"Oh, I will."

"Okay, that's my cute to leave. You guys enjoy your little bubble, I have some investors to talk to."

He left us with each other. This is beautiful. Maybe the whole goddamn world is staring at us but when did I ever gave a fuck about the world. Fuck world. Fuck death glares. As long as we are happy, nothing matters.

"Mr. Valentino, this is not how you steal your girl from everyone?"

"Then let's go somewhere private."

He took me through the crowd. Away from chaos. Away from shimmers. Away from everyone. He took me to a balcony. It reminded me of our off guard conversation at Bali. Only the rhythmic waves and salty fragrance of the ocean are missing. A beautiful rose garden could be seen from the balcony and it looks more beautiful under moonlight. Carl stared at me as I stared at the view.

"The view is stunning."

"My view is also stunning."

"Shut up. You are not even looking at the garden."

"But I'm looking at the most beautiful thing in the world."

God if words could kill.

"Put me down."

"No."

I said, "Carl, don't be kid, put me down. I don't want you to be exhausted for our post gala party." Giving him my cocky smile.

"Oh, don't worry about it.  I always have strength for those parties."

"Carl, baby, put me down."

He argued for a while but then he sighed and finally gave in. I stepped towards him and slipped my hands under his blazer feeling the warmth of his body. He as usual wrapped his hands around my waist. Then he started to talk.

"You know I never thought I'll meet someone who'll make me go this crazy. It was always fuck and forget. But when I met you for the first time, I was stunned. You looked so simple but so fucking beautiful."

"And still you gave me your cocky attitude."

"And you did put me in my place."

He let out a silent chuckle. He looks beautiful when he smiles.

"I felt bad the way I acted. It was the first time I actually apologized for my attitude. If it would have been someone else, I might have blame my work pressure for it and never apologized. But you are different, mia cara. With you feel alive."

Words. Actions are better than words but when you find someone who express both through his actions and words!! He continued, "I"m not good at expressing my feelings but right now I felt like you deserve to listen these. Maybe the booze is talking but I know whatever I'm saying I'll not regret about it. You are changing me, Rose. You have a weird control over me and for once in my life I love this control."

I don't know what to reply back to this. It's not like everyday a handsome mafia man tells you that he loves your presence in his life. I tip toed and kisses him on the cheeks and held him tight laying my head on her chest. He placed feather light kisses in my hair. Tears trying to flow out of my eyes. But I lost control with his last sentence.

"Let's stay like this forever."

Forever. It felt like a promise. Warm years rolling down my cheeks while I have a smile on my face. His shirt soaked with my tears. He pulled me and cupped my face in his hands.

"What happened, baby?"

"It's just that nobody ever made me feel this important in their life. I was a burden for everyone until my uncle saved me. And even after that it was Lisa. But I never thought I'll be able to add someone else on the list. I'm happy, Carl. Thank you."

He kissed my tears off and then my eyes. "Just remember that I'll always be there for you. I'm your person to whom you can turn to whenever you want to. You are happy, talk to me. You are angry, talk to me. You are sad, talk to me. You are frustrated, talk to me. I want to bring this whole universe at you feet. You are very precious to me."

How can I stop my tears? His words are not letting it stop. Fate is playing his part. I don't know what plan does he have for us. But I know I want to be with this man even if I have to fight with fate. I can go through anything to keep him beside me. Anything.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

16.5K 212 20
Vincent Valentino ruthless mafia leader to a Russian gang. Loved by his mother and hated by his father but the feeling is mutual. Vincent adores his...
2.1M 55.5K 60
Daisy Brooks never had an easy life. The tragic death of her mother shattered her world and left behind a huge void. Her alcoholic father filled her...
244K 6.6K 104
MASSIMO ALEJANDRO ROMANO, a well-known name in the mafia world. He is an Italian mafiosa capo (mafia boss) and is the most strongest, powerful and th...
26 0 9
Introduction: My Name is Rose Romano Blade Ricci I am the second deadliest assassin in LA&EU my Parents my mother Aurelia Rose Romano is the first de...