The Mafia Don's Wife

Od Amirablessing740

Sequel to claim by the don He just regarded me, I suddenly felt self-conscious. What does he see me as now, d... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 8

1.1K 46 5
Od Amirablessing740

Author p.o.v

Marco came out of his room, dressed in his usual designer suit, ready for the day. He soundlessly walked down the hall, his feet were light on the ground, expertly trained to move without making a sound.

The sound of his phone ring echoed around him. He groaned when he saw who was calling him.

"This woman just won't let me off the hook. " He murmured to himself before receiving the call.

"Good morning, mom." He greeted her softly. Marco may be mighty and fearless to the world, but he is just a big softy when it comes to the women in his family. Especially his mom, Ava Alfonso.

He could move the earth if she told him to.

"I heard you brought someone to your home." She didn't bother with the formalities, going straight to the point. Marco eyed Lucas, who had appeared beside him.

Lucas was his father's most trusted man, until he married Kara Alfonso. Marco's aunt, and became his uncle. His father, Vincenzo, ordered Lucas to be Marco's guide and help him to manage the empire.

But Marco personally thinks Lucas was placed to work with him for his mom to get information about his personal life.

"Mom, is that why you called me so early in the morning?" He asked back, trying to avoid his mom's question.

"Yeah? Maybe if you didn't waste so much time and got back with her early, I wouldn't be bugging you." Marco groaned hearing his mom's words. This had been their conversation lately.

At some point, his mom stopped talking to him because of this same issue. That was the most horrible time in his life.

"It's all a process mom, I promise I will bring her to you soon." Marco promised, knowing that would ease his mom for the time being.

"Okay darling, and come home soon. I missed my boy, I haven't seen you in two weeks dude." His mom whined on the phone. He heard his dad grunt in the background immediately, knowing his mom must be pouting and using her puppy eyes.

These things always got his dad on edge.

"Mom, I'm thirty minutes away." He took his seat at the dining table, his maid had already set his food ready.

"Yet you forbid us from visiting and refuse to visit us as well." His mom complained.

He was forbidden them from visiting because they would turn his peaceful house into a noisy park.

"Mom I have to go, I will talk to you later." He hung up without waiting for her reply, he didn't want his dad to interrupt and order him to do his mom's biding.

Those duo are a handful to handle.

He dropped the phone and began his breakfast.

"The head of HR department called." Lucas spoke, sitting beside Marco and eating his breakfast.

"What for?" Marco replied.

"Someone submitted a resignation letter." Lucas sighed.

"Tell them to approve it." Marco instructed, without blinking an eyelash. Lucas stared at him before he shook his head, knowing Marco would flip when he heard about who had submitted that letter.

"You might want to hear who that person is." Lucas responded with a smug look on, Marco nodded for him to continue.

"It is Zoey." Lucas answered, going back to his food. It was silent for a moment before the sound of his chair screeching on the floor bounced off the kitchen walls.

He marched out of the kitchen, Lucas smirked as he too stood up and followed after him.

Zoey p.o.v

I decided to sleep in today since I'm jobless now. Although I wasn't asleep, I just lay on my bed. I can't remember the last time I experienced this luxury, staying at home and doing nothing.

I didn't have to wake up early, I took my time in waking up, bathing and even eating. I ate till my stomach was screaming at me to stop eating. That's why I was lying dead on my bed.

Mom left for work a few minutes ago, leaving me in the empty house.

I was about to fall into the comfy and blissful hands of sleep when my door bell rang.

"Goodness, let me have some sleep." I went back to sleep, deciding to ignore the door bell. Maybe I hear wrong.

I breathed in relief as the comfort of my bed engulfed me with open hands. I didn't get the time to enjoy the warmth before the door bell rang again. This time I flinched.

"What the hell!" I cursed. I swung the duvet off and climbed from the bed. The bell rang again. I hissed in annoyance. This person sure is impatient.

I wore my pink slippers, and made my way to the front door. I swung the door open forcefully with the intention of telling the person my mind, but my words died in my mouth at the person before me.

Marco stood in all his dark glory, he was fuming. His facial expression right now is enough to have someone running. Well, good thing I don't entertain angry people. I made a move to close the door on him, but he pushed the door open, startling me.

I gaped at him speechless as he made his way confidently to the living room. I went after him, immediately blocking him from going further.

"What are you doing here?" I glared at him. If only looks could kill, I thought within me. "Does here look like an office?" I know my tone isn't welcoming, but hey! The guy isn't welcome either.

He didn't respond immediately, he took his time seizing me in his stare. His stare was extremely uncomfortable. I felt small and vulnerable under his stare.

I don't know I was foolish to go up against someone like Marco, because the second he took a step forward, I fearfully took two backwards.

He took another step and I repeated my action. I noticed that he was growing more angry with each step. We continued the chase until my back hit the wall next to the kitchen door.

Marco took the opportunity and pressed me to the wall. I could feel his hard front on mine. My heart beat shifted, its beating became rapid and faster than normal.

My throat suddenly went dry, as dry as a desert. I felt heat travelling from my southern region to all over my body. I licked my lips trying to contain myself. But it was hard, it is so damn hard not to feel anything when he is this close to me.

I haven't come in physical contact with any man since Marco, and having a man's body on me awakens the dead sexual part of me. I swear my core tingles from the mere contact.

He tilted his head down to my level. I could swear I saw emotions flash through his eyes. Emotions I have always seen in the past when I stared at his eyes.

They went as soon as they came, leaving me in wonder.

"What is the meaning of this fucking stunt you just pulled?" He spoke. I closed my eyes, inhaling his scent that was all over me, his voice still made me want to listen to him talk all day, sadly.

I snapped my eyes open when his words registered in my brain. What stunt?

"What are you talking about? I didn't pull any stunts, you can leave if you have nothing meaningful to say." I retorted, struggling my way out from him, but he just seemed to press against me more.

"Don't fucking play dumb with me Zoey, what the fuck did you submit to the HR department?" He growled in my face.

"A resignation letter," I replied, making him sound like a fool.

He smacked his hand against the wall. I jumped in fright. Goodness! I took a deep breath.

"Don't fucking speak to me in that tone." He seethed.

"What tone? I've submitted the resignation letter so I am no longer your employee." I gritted back at him.

"I didn't allow it, so you still work for me and I am still your boss." The more he spoke, the closer his face came to mine. "Now go in there and get dressed, we are late for work." Marco breathed, both our breaths were labored from the close proximity.

I don't think I can think straight with him this close to me. What we were even arguing about.

Oh yes! Work.

"I won't, I don't care if you permit my resignation or not. I quit." I can't go back there and continue doing nothing, just sitting there like furniture adding to the decor of the office.

I shudder at my own thoughts.

Marco hauled me up. On instinct, my legs went around his solid waist. Since I am merely wearing my night wear

The movement left me dazed for a moment. I tried struggling my way down but I could only squirm a bit. His hold was strong, limiting my chance of movement.

"Let me down." I demanded, but they fell on deaf ears as he began to trek in the direction of my room. His muscles flex against me as he moves, warmth spreads from my core to my cheeks.

"I said let me down." I insisted he kick the door to my room and walked in. He dropped me on my feet and kicked the door closed behind him.

"Go and get dressed." He instructed. I gazed at him like he had suddenly grown horns.

"I just said I won't, and I'm pretty sure I made myself clear that I don't want to work with you anymore." I scoffed in disbelief. Why is he being persistent?

He has moved on with his life. Why can't he let me have the luxury of moving on as well? Come to think of it, we weren't supposed to be having this conversation since we've moved on with our lives.

Why is he doing this?

"Yes, you did. But I am telling you that if you don't get your ass dressed, I will take you to the company in your pajamas." He threatened, but he wouldn't do it, would he?

"You wouldn't dare." I decided to challenge him, stupid, right?

"Well, try me then." He challenged back, a sinister smirk hung on his lips. He would do it. I suddenly realized how shameless this guy is now.

I glared at him once more before marching my way to my closet. I settled for a simple sea green body clasped dress that stopped above my knees and black 4 inch heels. I pulled my hair up in a bun and earrings to compliment my look.

I went over to my dresser, which happened to sit besides Marco, I ignored his presence and applied light pink lipstick. All the while, I could sense his stare on me. I picked up a black bag and put all my daily necessities in it.

"I'm ready." I faced him. I was surprised when I saw him standing there in a daze. Like he saw something that stunned him, I just stared back at him.

"Let's go." He quickly composed himself, snapping out of his daze. He opened the door and gestured for me to head out. I rolled my eyes but did as instructed.

His tall frame towered over me as we made our way to his car, this scene replayed in my head. It was just yesterday when the whole chase happened and yet here I am again in the same situation. I just hope there will be no chasing today.

We got inside the car and the driver speeded off.

Please don't forget to vote and share. Please drop your comments, they are important to me🥰🥰🥰

Amirablessing 🌹🌹🌹

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

93.5K 1.8K 89
Naomi Madden, a renowned fashion designer, attends an upscale award ceremony celebrating her latest collection. Amidst the glitz and glamour, her pas...
1M 24.5K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...
461K 19.5K 73
I woke up in the morning and felt the pain in a place I've never hurt before. I took a peek at my own body, and my mind went blank. My eyes found a m...
3.6K 170 10
I sat beside the window of my room, a blank expression plastered on my face. My mind was blocked with several thoughts, emotions, etc. Anger, range...