Falling in love

By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya Advani Smart. Pretty. Kind. Having a personality of sunshine... More

00 | AUTHOR'S NOTE
00 | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
00 | ♫ PLAYLIST ♫
01 | NEW BEGINNING
02 | MISANTHROPY
03 | DINNER
04 | CLIQUE
05 | MOVIE
06 | FOE
07 | FAMILY
08 | VICTORY
10 | JEALOUSY
11 | OVERBEARING
12 | VODKA
13 | THREE TOED SLOTH
14 | BEAST
15 | TICKET TO HELL
16 | DUMB CHARADES
17 | CAPRICIOUS
18 | PERSUASION
19 | BARGAINING SKILLS
20 | CHANGE
21 | SIN
22 | TOSKA
23 | DANCE PARTNERS
24 | DESIRE
25 | HALCYON
26 | REUNION
27 | STAR OF THE NIGHT
28 | FAREWELL
29 | BIRTHDAY TRADITION
30 | PROGRESS
31 | FELICITY
32 | SOLACE
33 | DENIAL
34 | TRYST
35 | LA LA LAND
36 | CAT OUT OF THE BAG
37 | EPIPHANY
38 | SEMINAR
39 | THE BOOK
40 | DAWN
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 | PLAN
42 | FIXATED
43 | THE CONFESSION
44 | FOR ME
EPILOGUE
New book alertt!!

09 | BIPOLAR

4.1K 259 18
By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya's POV

"Baby how was your practice today?" that girl asks, smiling creepily while looking at reyhaan with hearts in her eyes.

"Firstly I'm not your baby and secondly what are you doing here Tanya" He says in an indignant manner to which she laughs like a maniac in response. As I widen my eyes at the sight of her laughing like a dying hyena, I turn my head to find Dhruv, Nikhil and Rishi wearing a pained expression while Sid, Utkarsh and Neel covering their mouths with their hands to hide their laughter.

"You're so funny" She says gently, patting his arms with a grin on her face but it falls down when she touches his hands. She starts squeezing his arms and the goes behind him to massage his shoulders

"Aw my poor baby you're so stressed" He annoyedly jerks off her hands from his back. "Leave me alone Tanya"

This girl never gives up or what? "You know I can help you take your stress, you know what I mean" She says winking at him in a suggestive tone to which I almost puke.

"It was a one time thing Tanaya, I don't like you. Just fucking leave me alone alright" He says harshly, enraged than his usual self. I don't understand how that girl is still standing here in front of him, because I can't help but wince at that sentence even if it wasn't directed to me.

"Yeah he is not yours and if you so badly want to hook up then go to Jai. I'm sure he will happily oblige just like he did yesterday after the party. You remember right?" Rishi snickers while the other boys laugh.

I feel nauseous at the thought of it but I completely believe rishi because both of them are equally capable of doing it.

She looks at Rishi while burning in embarrassment and that is when she notices me, Anaya and Aditi. Something comes across her face when she notices how we are squeezed between the boys.

I don't know if it is jealousy or distaste but it was something unpleasant. Stomping her leg, she walks away while the girls follow her after she says "c'mon girls let's go".

"God what was that?" Aditi asks in horror

"One of Rey's most prized possessions" Utkarsh smirks who earns a glare from Reyhaan.

"Tanaya is a second year student, who has been obsessed with Rey ever since she joined. One time he was drunk or something and they hooked up. After which she claims to be his girlfriend." Dhruv explains

"Yeah she is so annoying. She buzzes around him all the time, like during practice or after that or whenever she finds him." Krish says frustrated

"Basically she is a desperate bitch?" Anaya asks bluntly making all of us laugh while they nod their heads to agreement.

"Anyway, Rey, what have you thought about coming with us for the carnival?" Sid brings the topic back, not reading to give up.

"I'm not coming Sid" He says contemptuously

"Please it will be fun" Walking over to Reyhaan, Sid pleads with him with puppy eyes but it goes in vain as he opens his bottle to drink water.

It is out of my understanding on how someone can not agree with Sid's puppy eyes.

"Aadhya is also coming. Why can't you come?" he questions, making me choke on my saliva.

As if that will persuade him

I look at reyhaan to find his gaze is stuck on me as he drinks water. Bringing back his bottle, he studies me for some time, clenching his jaw making me feel a little self-conscious.

I'm sure now he will deliberately not come. Sid you've made a mistake buddy! I feel his gaze lower a little on my collarbones and then his eyes return clashing with mine again.

He opens his mouth to reply, completely sure that he would deny but to my surprise he instead huffs "Fine"

Even though Sid, Utkarsh and Neel cheer in ecstasy and the rest of us look at each other mimicking a bewildered look.

Everyone starts talking about the carnival as we walk towards the exit and while we do, I notice a tensed look on Reyhaan's face.

Why do you care? My subconscious taunts me

It's not like I care and moreover it's none of my business. We don't talk to each other without fighting so no way in hell are we both gonna have a heart-to-heart conversation.

Plus if I try being nice and ask him he will tag me as interfering. So best I ignore him.

***

I turn around when the music suddenly stops playing on my phone and instead I hear the alarm ringing reminding me to get back to the apartment with the girls to change and get ready for the carnival.

Yesterday we had decided that us girls would get ready in the apartment after classes and the boys would pick us up there at 4:30 pm. My classes ended before lunch and I thought maybe I could practice dancing until Anaya and Aditi's classes were over.

Walking down the hallway I meet Aditi and Anaya and we walk to our apartment. I take out the keys and let us in. After taking a quick shower I wrap a robe around my damp body. I come out of the bathroom and open my wardrobe to choose my outfit but instead I just stare at my clothes.

"Why are you staring? Quickly change" Aditi pulls me out of my daze.

Wanting a casual outfit, I opt a white shorts and a blue shirt paired with my go-to sneakers and my favorite gold accessories. I spray some perfume after brushing my hair and applying some lip gloss.

I'm not a big fan of makeup, I wear it occasionally except for lip gloss and mascara.

I snap a picture of my outfit during which I hear "Boys are here" from the living room. Grabbing my purse from the bed I step out of my room to find Anaya and Aditi ready. We quickly lock the apartment and go downstairs.

Just as we reach I see a white Mercedes rolling in, making me roll my eyes. Because until now, I've seen at least 5 different models of the same god damn brand.

Now don't ask me how I know that it is reyhaan who owns it. I just know..

The window of the passenger seat rolls down showing Dhruv. Aditi opens the door and goes inside followed by myself and Anaya.

"Where is Sid?" asks Anaya

Dhruv puts some music while replying "He's coming with the other boys"

After about an hour we finally reach the carnival venue, parking the car we start walking towards the entrance gate where we spot the boys standing busy on their phones. Neel looks up and throws a wave at us when he sees us approaching.

I take a long breath as I walk inside because oh my word, this is massive. Everything about this carnival feels like a dream, it is colorful, chaotic and widespread. There are about hundreds of people running and screaming while trying out different rides.

"Lets try this one" Sid points out his index finger at this pendulum-like looking ride. He pulls me along with himself and as I'm holding Anaya's hand, she also tags along with us. We all buy tickets and get into the ride to sit.

I first sit and then Sid sits on one side, reyhaan who I almost forget then enters the ride and walks to the other side but is interrupted by Sid "where are you going? Sit next to Aadhya itself."

Reyhaan is about to say something but everyone from behind starts shouting so he just obliges. When everyone settles down, the ride starts moving and I feel this weird sensation in my stomach making me close my eyes.

Why did I say yes to this ride? Please don't make me regret this more than I already am.

I close my hands in a tight fist, loudly chanting god's name thinking that no one would hear me with everyone shouting in the background.

But I'm proved wrong when I hear "you'll be fine" which startles. I turn my head to find Reyhaan staring at me and blinking in assurance.

Who is he? I didn't know he had this side as well.

My surprise turns into shock when he further intervenes his hands with mine. I look at our hands intervened together and back at him completely dumbstruck about what's happening.

As the ride starts moving and turning, I concentrate on that and start shouting and laughing.

***

This has to be the best day ever. I haven't laughed so much in just three to four hours. After the pendulum ride we did other rides like the bumper cars, ferris wheel, carousel and other stuff that I don't remember names. In between we ate lots of food as well.

Currently, we are standing near this booth waiting for our turn to play this game. It seems to be pretty simple, I guess we have to hit these bricks which have cats imprinted on it using plastic balls.

"Aadhya you say you never lose right?" Sid asks me as we pay the guy for one round.

I shrug replying "usually yes. I don't." A mischievous grin breaks on his face "then I challenge you to win this game against me."

"What no!" I say

"Why? Are you scared?" He provokes me

"Don't hurt my ego" I say, folding my hands against my chest.

"Aadhya don't. If Sid challenges you on something it means he will definitely win" Aditi warns me.

Ignoring her I ask "what will you do if I win?"

"Oh you don't have to worry about that because it's never gonna happen" He replies confidently and everyone cheers for him. In return I give him a bored expression.

He extends the challenge with a smirk playing on his face "If I win then you will have to go to random people that I choose and ask for their instagram id and if you win which you won't then I will do anything you want."

"Anything?" I ask as he nods.

I extend my hand for a handshake to indicate the challenge has been accepted. I just hope I don't regret this.

I turn behind looking for Anaya so that I can give my phone to her, but instead I meet a cold brown orbs staring at me intensely. He raises his eyebrows at me which I reply by shaking my head "I need to give Anaya my phone"

He looks down at my phone and back at me contemplating. After a long sigh he finally says "give it to me"

I look at him quizzically and he repeats "your phone. Give your phone to me"

Should I give it to him?

Why is he even being so nice? Did he hit his head somewhere?

He snatches my phone "don't overthink and just get ready to lose" See he is back.

I focus back on the game, both of us get five chances each and whoever hits more cats they win. Simple.

Right?

I start trembling as I go first. Is it too late to back down? Did I ever mention I work the worst with pressure?

No backing down Aadhya, you've got this. I mentally prepare myself.

In my first chance, both of us missed. Then in the second chance I hit the cat and sid misses. This boosts a little confidence in me but only for it to go down when the next two times I miss the cat and sid hits. This is the last chance and if I miss again then..

I hope we don't go there.

Sid first throws the ball and it hits the cat making the boys shout in happiness. Closing my eyes I pray and then I throw the ball but I fucking miss the cat.

"Ha see I told you! You lost and I won" Sid says with a smug smile on his face that I just want to slap and erase.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever" I say with a bored expression

Rubbing his hands and wiggling his eyebrows "alright punishment time" I hope he doesn't make me do anything crazy. His eyes freeze somewhere and then he says "can you see that group?" i nod

"Yeah and that guy wearing the blue jacket?" I nod again "right so you have to go, tell him he is cute and ask for his instagram id"

"Are you seriously sending me to a bunch of horny teenagers?" I ask hoping he would drop this whole dare thing.

"Don't do too much drama. If anything happens, you have your prince charming who will save his princess. Don't worry" says Sid patting on reyhaan shoulder, making me turn crimson.

Rolling my eyes, feeling annoyed I say "shut up sid" I look at reyhaan and I can't make out what he's thinking or feeling.

"You guys can stare at each other sometime later now go" Utkarsh says

.

Author's Note

Hey All! hope you enjoyed reading

Comment your thoughts on the chapter and don't forget to vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 6.5K 85
✧It all started with a slap✧ ╰┈➤ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒊 𝑺𝒆𝒉𝒈𝒂𝒍 She is beautiful, smart, and an introvert who has no problem putting others in their p...
187K 11K 20
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 �...
37K 1.5K 12
#𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤-𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✧ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ✧ It's story of Anshumaan ♡ Krisha 𝗞𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗚𝗼𝗲𝗻𝗸𝗮 Krisha...
188K 12.1K 41
Meera has been rendered cynical after her high school boyfriend dumps her right after their board exams end. She decides to make the next phase of he...