Unsung Hero

By Baxterbro

Follow Spartan S-142 or Ash, an Experimental Spartan II, as his story starts on Reach. Being transferred to a... More

Noble Actual
Winter Contingency
ONI: Sword Base
Nightfall
Tip of the Spear
Long Night of Solace
Exodus
New Alexandria
The Packages
Halo CE: The Pillar of Autumn
Halo
The Truth and Reconcilliation
The Silent Cartographer
Assault on the Control Room
343 Guilty Spark
The Library
Two Betrayals
Keyes
The Maw
Halo 2: The Heretic/The Armory
Cairo Station
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
The Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Sacred Icon
Quarantine Zone
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
The Packages
The Babysitter
Starry Night
Believe
Landfall
Halo 3: Arrival
Sierra 142

The Pillar of Autumn & Lone Wolf

579 22 28
By Baxterbro

(What do you guys think Ash's theme song for Halo Reach Would be, other than Noble Six's theme that's already in the game. I had an Idea of Eminem - Till I Collapse.)

(And here we go, the final chapter of Halo Reach.)

Auntie Dot's satellite view shows Noble Team's Pelican being pursued by to Banshees and a Phantom.

Asźod, Eposz

August 30, 2552 16:52 Hours

Auntie dot speaks through coms. "Noble Leader, seek immediate medical attention."She gets no response. "Noble Leader, please respond."

Inside the cockpit of the Pelican. Ash moves closer to the pilot seat. Suddenly, several plasma bolts hit the Pelican, impacting Ash, flickering the Spartan's shields.

In the back of the Pelican, Emile is firing his Grenade Launcher at the two Banshees.

Emile concentrates fire on a single Banshee. The grenade detonates close by, and the EMP disables the Banshee, which swoops up and crashes into its wingman. Both are taken out, but the Phantom still pursues. The view switches back to the cockpit, and moves in front of Six. Carter, critically wounded but still in the pilot seat, takes off his helmet and throws it onto the ground. Blood splatters cover the cockpit window.

"Please respond, Sierra Two-Five-Nine." Auntie Dot calls out over coms. "You are alarming me."

Carter turns back to Noble Six. His face is bloodied, and his armor is charred from plasma fire. He speaks in a strained but calm voice. "Not sure how long she's gonna stay together. Skies are jammed up anyways. Gotta get you off here, Lieutenant."

Ash crabs the back of the pilot chair. "Sir, you-"

"Don't wanna hear it. Get those Packages to the Autumn."

Ash sighs in worry. "Done."

"Not yet, it's not... Emile, go with him. It's a ground game now." Carter orders.

Emile drops his emptied Grenade Launcher and makes a fist-to-chest salute. In the background. two more Banshees appear.

"It's been an honor, sir." Emile says.

"Likewise... I'll do what I can to draw their fire." Carter says. "And Six..." He grabs is dog tags and rips them off and hands them to Ash. "Finish the fight."

Ash grabs the dog tags and puts them in his chest pocket. "Yes, sir." He turns and walks to the troop bay.

"Six." Carter calls out again. "Those AI chose you... They made the right choice."

The Pelican turns and make the pursuing aircraft out of sight. Ash and Emile position at the Pelican's tail, ready to jump off. Holding the two AI Packages right, Ash crouches down as Emile grips the Pelican.

Carter counts down with his fingers. "On my mark." Carter counts down to zero. "Mark!"

Six and Emile jump out, and the view switches to Ash's point of view. They slide down a canyon, energy shields depleting. They come to a rough stop by impacting the ground. Ash looks up as his and Emile's shields recharge. Carter's Pelican flies over them, Banshees in hot pursuit. Ash turns back, checks the armored matrixs for damage, then places the AI data storage units on his back. He look up to the road ahead.

Once More unto the Breach.

Ash and Emile continue through the narrow crack until they reach a cliff edge, overlooking a large area. Two Banshees are still in pursuit of the Pelican. Far in the distance, the UNSC Pillar of Autumn can be seen..

"Still with us, Commander?" Emile asks into coms.

Carter replies over coms. "Stay low, let me draw the heat. You just deliver that Package."

Emile indicates the ship in the distance. "There's our destination, Six: Pillair of Autumn. Race you to her."

Ash looks out to his objective. 'Give me the strength to finish this last mission Cal, then I'll come and see you.'

Carter's Pelican, still being pursued by Banshees, flies out of sight.

Ash looks down the cliff and sees a Elite and a couple Grunts watching the fight. Emile starts to move down the cliff side as Ash takes a few steps back, before running forward and off the cliff.

Ash flies through the air and down to the ground, and he lands on the Elite's back. Ash grabs the Elite's face and snaps its neck.

The nearby Grunts scream in panic and run away. Ash jumps off the body and pulls out his DMR and kills the fleeing Grunts. Emile runs up behind a few Jackals running towards Ash, and shoots them in the back with his shotgun.

Ash and Emile move across a bridge and continue to rife onto Covenant troops. An Elite runs out of a nearby building, but Ash runs forward and tackles it to the ground, before it can get a shot off.

Ash fires a few runs of his DMR into the Elite's face, before slamming the butt of his gun into its neck. Ash gets off the body and guns down a couple of Nearby grunts.

Then the Two Spartans come upon a pair of Mongooses. Emile gets onto one as Ash picks up a nearby Rocket Launcher and gets onto the Mongoose with Emile.

Emile drives and Ash locks onto a couple of Banshees flying above them and he shoots them down. As the two drive across a bridge more Banshees fly in and fire onto the Mongoose.

Ash blows one out of the sky and the other tries to retreat, but Ash blows him out of the sky too. The Spartans reach an open area and Covenant troop deployment pods drop and Covenant troops emerge from them. To make the situation worse, a Scarab drops from the sky.

"Oh, poop." Ash mutters.

Cater's Pelican reappears and distracts the Scarab by shooting its back.

Carter speaks over coms. "Get the Packages out of there! Remember your objective!"

More Orbital Insertion Pods drop, and another Scarab falls from the sky as the first one walks over the cliff. The Spartans flee the battle field as plasma rounds fly around them, they also drive under a Scarab.

They Spartans come upon a broken bridge.

"Put your hands up, Six!" Emile says. "We're gonna have to jump it!"

A Phantom flies over head as the Spartans cross the chasm, Ash did not put his hands up. Emile stops the Mongoose before they drive into some barricades that block the way.

The Two Spartans dismount and continue on foot.

This Town Isn't Big Enough

Carter speaks over coms. "Noble, enemy forces blocking the road up ahead."

Ash moves into the building and finds a weapons cabinet. He then drops his Rocker Launcher and puts a shotgun on his back. The two Spartans then move past the barricade and engage some covenant troops.

Ash guns down a couple Skirmishers and suddenly a Wraith comes in.

"Got a Wraith!" Emile shouts. "Southeast side!"

Ash runs into some nearby buildings as the Wraith fires onto the two Spartans. Ash uses the buildings as cover and moves towards the Wraith.

Ash stops as the Wraith moves outside of his building and engages Emile. Ash runs out and runs onto the back of the Wraith and pulls the pin of a grenade and sticks it into the tanks energy cell.

Ash hops off and runs away as the tank blows up. He then rolls to the side as a few needle rounds fly by and he swiftly shoots down a couple of Jackals. He then ducks under a Brute trying to grab him, and he takes out his knife and stabs the Brute under the jaw and fires a few pistol rounds into its face.

Ash kicks the dead Brute to the ground and he puts his knife away. He puts his pistol away as he grabs his DMR off the ground and guns down another Brute.

Ash aims around and finds the area clear. The Two Spartans move through a cave taking out some Skirmishers that run their way.

They reach the Exit and Carter speaks to the two Spartans over coms. "Noble! You got a... situation."

Another Scarab suddenly walks down in front of Emile and Six, who are stuck at the cave exit.

"Mother..." Emile starts. "We can get past it, sir!"

Emile steps back in hesitation as Ash takes a few steps back in fear.

"No, you can't." Carter replies over coms. "Not without help.

"Commander, you don't have the firepower." Emile states.

After noticing the two Spartans, the Scarab takes aim at Six and Emile as it charges its cannon. Carter's Pelican flies over and strafes it. The Scarab is distracted and stops charging its cannon.

"I've got the mass." Carter replies.

"Solid copy." Emile says. "Hit 'em hard, boss."

"Take it to hell, sir." Ash says.

Carter brings the Pelican around and starts a ballistic trajectory, directly towards the Scarab. "You're on your own, Noble.... Carter out."

The Pelican slams into the Scarab's side and explodes as the walker charges its main cannon again. The Scarab's side bursts into flames, explosions rocking within it. The Scarab lets out a dying "scream" and struggles to stay standing. More explosions rock it and it falls down the cliff. A loud explosion is heard indicating its destruction.

The view switches back to the Spartan-II and the Spartan-III, all that remains of Noble Team.

Emile looks to Ash. "Crevice to the east. Let's go."

Ash just nods in response.

Emile and Ash enter another cave. The bodies of dead Marines litter the cave. Ash looks around the bodies and he notices some of them are quite young.

"Buggers." Emile calls out, snapping Ash back to reality. "Go quiet."

Ash grunts and takes his shotgun out. Drones attack the duo, but with skill and superior firepower, the Spartans take down the Drone and Skirmishers come in and engage the Spartans.

Ash runs forward and kicks to the ground and stands on its neck as he fires his shotgun onto another Skirmisher. Ash stomps on the neck of the Skirmisher he's standing on, then he kicks its body into another and it falls to the ground.

Ash walks over and points his shotgun down at the Skirmisher with one hand, the bird like alien screams in fear, but gets cut off as Ash fires his shotgun into its head.

Emile takes care of the rest of the Skirmishers and the two Spartans find the cave's exit. The SinoViet facility is seen, with the grounded and Commonwealth being an enormous battlefield between UNSC and Covenant troops.

Captain Jacob Keyes speaks over coms. "This is Captain Keyes of the Pillar of Autumn. We are tracking you, Noble, but we've begun our launch sequence. Proceed to dry dock, Platform D. I'll be on it myself to receive the Packages."

"We'll be there, sir." Emile says.

"You'd better be, soldier, because my countdown has no abort."

"Understood. We've got to get to the dry dock - Priority One."

"Nearly there, just hold on you two." Ash speaks to the two AI on his back.

Emile and Six head down off the cliff and link up with some surviving UNSC Marines. And a singular ODST with a blue color scheme.

"Spartans!" A Marine calls out. "Over here!" The two Spartans move over to him while underfire. "It's not looking good, sir. Covies have taken the whole shipyard. Keep heading east." He then turns to the other Marines and ODST. "Marines, Corporal, push them back!"

Ash moves out of cover with the Marines, ODST and Emile and they open fire as they run forward. Ash runs down a couple Jackals as an Elite fires onto him, the plasma rounds hitting his shield.

Ash runs towards the Elite, hopping side to side to avoid the plasma rounds, and he jumps onto the front of the Elite and snaps its neck. He then jumps off the Elite's body and throws a grenade at a group of Grunts, killing them as it blows up.

Ash ducks as an Elite General tries to stab him with an Energy Sword. Ash drops his DMR and grabs his shotgun and fires a round into the Elite's stomach, its shield fizzing.

Ash then steps to the side and avoids another slice and he fires again, destroying the Elite's shielding. Ash slams the but of the shotgun into the Elite's back and it falls down. He then jumps onto the Elite's back and fires a round into the back of its head.

Ash reloads his shotgun and puts it on his back, then grabs his DMR.

Ash fires onto a few more Jackals, and Ash throws another grenade at an approaching group of grunts. Ash looks to the side and sees the ODST slams his gun into the back of an Elite and unloads his assault rifle into it, killing the Elite.

But another Elite comes up behind him and kicks the ODST to the ground and it pulls out an Energy Dagger.

Ash runs over and drop kicks the Elite in the face and fires multiple rounds into its head, killing it. Ash then turns to the ODST, who's helmet falls off as he props himself up.

The ODST has blond hair and bright blue eyes that look up at Ash. Ash holds his hand out. "You good, trooper?"

The ODST grabs his helmet and Ash's hand, the Spartan pulling him off the ground. "Yes, sir." He puts his helmet on.

"Then let's move."

The group move forward and proceeds into the facility. Soon they link up with some UNSC Marines fighting another mass of Covenant.

"Ah, Sierra, you made it!" A Marine calls out.

"So far." Emile states. "TAC eval?"

"They got this facility covered from all angles. We'll give you covering fire. Take the flank, there has to be a way around."

"We'll find it. You just keep 'em busy."

"You got it, sir."

Ash looks at the ODST. "Trooper, with me."

"On it, sir!" The Trooper says.

Ash, Emile and the ODST penetrate deeper into the facility, fighting past numerous Covenant soldiers. They encounter some Marines along the way.

"Spartans!" The Marine calls out. "Drydock's through that structure across the way. Punch through, we'll back you up."

A Phantom approaches and drops off enemy troops.

"Watch that Phantom!" Emile calls out.

Ash fires his gun and takes down multiple Grunts and he moves forward and throws a grenade at a couple of Jackals, killing them. Emile and the ODST take care of the rest of the troops.They head down a walkway and arrive outside a warehouse guarded by Skirmishers and a pair of Hunters.

Ash runs forward and picks up a Spartan Laser off the body of a dead Marine. Ash charges up the Laser and blasts and Hunter, it roars it pain and fires at Ash.

Ash runs to the side and the Hunters engage Ash, as Emile and the ODST engage the Skirmishers.

Ash charges up the laser again and fires, taking down one of the Hunters. Ash armor locks at the Second Hunter fires onto him, then he undoes the armor lock and takes some cove.

Ash tosses a couple grenades over his cover and he hears the Hunter roar in pain as the grenades go off. Ash pops out of cover and fires off the laser again, killing the Hunter.

Ash drops the laser and regroups with the other two. They enter the warehouse, where Marines on the ground floor are exchanging fire with Kig-Yar infantry occupying the facility's upper level. As the Spartans approach a flight of stairs, a sword-wielding Sangheili Ultra charges at them.

Ash charges forward at the Elite as Emile and the ODST fire at it. Ash pulls out his knife as he reaches the Elite as its Shield's go down.

The Elite yells in anger and swings its Energy Sword through the air, but Ash ducks under it and stabs the Elite in the gut. The Elite yells in pain and tries to stab Ash again, but he slides behind the Elite and jumps onto its back, stabbing it int eh throat multiple times.

Ash hops off the body as it falls to the ground and he puts his knife away. The three soldiers then move up the stairs and take down the Jackals on the upper level.

Keyes then speaks over coms. "Keyes to Noble Team. We're running out of time here, Spartans."

"Solid copy, sir." Emile says. "We're close." Emile glances at Ask. "Last push, Lieutenant."

'Nearly there Cal, almost off the planet.' Ash says in thought.

Ash, Emile and the ODST meet up with another team of Marines engaged in a firefight with a small lance of Grunts and Kig-Yar. Ash runs forward and throws a grenade at a group of Grunts and he helps a Marine off the ground as he fires his DMR.

Ash then runs forward and jumps onto the shield of a Jackal, pushing it to the ground, and he fires onto a few other Jackals, killing them. The he stomps on the head of the Jackal he's on, killing it.

After the rest of the Grunts and Jackals are dead, the three soldiers finally exit the warehouse and see the massive Autumn in view, firing its 50mm Autocannons at various Covenant crafts in the area.

Keyes

Noble Six, Emile and the ODST link up with a Marine squad outside the warehouse.

"What's the situation?" Emile asks the Marines.

"We rigged the mass driver up top." A Marine informs. "We lose that, the Autumn will have no covering fire. She'll never make orbit."

"Noble to Keyes: we're at the pad."

Keyes speaks over coms. "Copy, Noble. My Pelican's ready. Clear an LZ, and I'll meet you there."

Will do, sir. All right, Six... This is it. I'll man the big gun. You just get to the platform and deliver those Packages."

Ash prepares to engage the approaching Phantoms, while Emile gets to the mass driver. The ODST brings over a box of ammo to the platform and the Marines and Ash stock up on ammo.

"Good thinking, Corporal." Ash says.

"Thank you, sir." The ODST responds.

Emile then speaks to Ash over coms. "I'm in position! I'll take out as many dropships as I can."

"You stay safe up there, Four." Ash says in coms.

"I'm safer up here, than you are down there."

The Spartan and other troopers engage the approaching Covenant troops.

Though Emile shoots down as many Covenant dropships as he can with the enormous coilgun, numerous Phantoms reach the landing pad and drop off dozens of Covenant soldiers, including Brutes, Jackals, and Grunts.

"Hold them off until Keyes gets here!" Emile says over coms.

Ash ducks under some plasma fire and he takes cover. He throws a few grenades and then pops out of cover and fires onto more troops.

A couple of Brutes run at Ash and one tackles him to the ground, but Ash swiftly takes out his knife and stabs it in the neck and pushes the body off. The other Brute tries to stab Ash with its Spiker, but the ODST jumps onto is back, distracting it.

Ash gets off the ground and fires onto the Brute that's trying to grab the ODST off its back. Ash fires a few rounds into the Brute's head and it falls over, as the ODST jumps off its back.

More Phantoms show up and Emile speaks over coms. "Take 'em out, Lieutenant! Clear the zone!"

Ash runs over to the ODST and pulls him into cover as a couple Fuel Rod rounds fly past them. "Keep me covered." Ash says to the ODST.

The OSDT reloads his Assault Rifle. "On it, sir!"

Ash then jumps out of cover and runs towards the approaching Covenant troops as the ODST gives him covering fire.

Ash runs forward and throws a few grenades into a group of Jackals and Grunts. A Brute Chieftain runs at Ash and he runs towards it.

The Chieftain brings up its Gravity Hammer and tries to hit Ash, but he jumps up and avoids the hammer and he kicks the Brute in the chin. Ash then lands on the ground and grabs his shotgun and fires a few rounds into the Chieftain's face.

The Chieftain roars in anger and tries to slam the Hammer into Ash again, but he rolls to the side and slams his shotgun into the Brute's stomach, making it lurch forward. Ash then fires a round under the Brute's chin, finally blowing its brains out.

Ash drops the shotgun and picks up the hammer and throws it at an approaching Elite Ultra. The Hammer hits the Elite and throws its body off the side of a cliff.

Ash then ducks under a Brute trying to stab him with a Spicker and puts a couple Plasma grenades on its chest and kicks it back. The Brute stumbles back into a group of grunts and the grenades explode, killing the Brute and Grunts.

Ash grabs his DMR and fires a few rounds into an Elite, killing it. Ash takes a few breathes as he reloads and looks around, not spotting anymore Covenant troops.

Emile speaks over coms. "Noble to Keyes: pad is clear."

Keyes responds over coms. "On my way."

"Six, time for you to leave. Get the Packages to the pad...and get your ass off this planet. I've got your back."

Ash regroups with the Marines and ODST. "It was an honor to fight along side you, Emile."

"The same to you, Ash." Emile responds. "Kick their asses for me."

Keyes then comes over coms. "This is Keyes, on hot approach to Platform Delta." Keyes' Pelican approaches the platform. "Ready to take possession of the Package, Noble."

Ash and the troopers move over to the platform in time to meet the Pelican.

Captain Keyes steps off the Pelican and meets up with Noble Six. Marines from the Pelican secure the pad. Ash motions for the ODST and the other Marines with him to enter the Pelican and they follow his orders.

"Good to see you, Spartan." Keyes greets. "Catherine assured me I could count on you."

Ash hands the Packages to Captain Keyes. "Not just me, sir..."

Keyes puts a reassuring hand on Ash's shoulder. "They'll be remembered."

Keyes turns back to re-enter the Pelican but stops short as a massive shadow appears in the sky. A Ket-pattern battlecruiser pushes through the clouds, advancing towards the Pillar of Autumn.

Keyes puts finger up to his ear. "Cruiser, adjusting heading for the Autumn! Noble Four, I need fire on that cruiser or we're not getting out of here! Do you copy?"

Emile begins to rotate the mass driver to face the advancing cruiser. "You'll have your window, sir." He says over coms.

Jacob Keyes and the Marines enter the Pelican. "Bridge, this is the Captain. We have the Package. Returning to the Autumn, over."

The Bridge officer replies over coms. "Copy that."

Ash, about to board the Pelican, is alarmed by the sudden sound of a Phantom and draws his Designated Marksman Rifle. A Phantom appears close by, and fires plasma bolts from its forward turret at the two Pelicans. The pelican escorting Keyes' is shot down and crashes on the platform Ash is standing on.

Ash dives away from the burning wreck and barely avoids being crushed. Keyes' Pelican shifts as the Phantom flies over it. Ash readies their weapon and turns as the Phantom wheels overhead towards the mass driver, but is forced to duck as the starboard door gunner fires a barrage of plasma at the Spartan.

The Phantom drops off a pair of Zealots of the Devoted Sentries by the Mass Driver. "Four, look out!" Ash yells into his coms.

One Zealot is visible to Ash the second is concealed by the Mass Driver. Emile yells in surprise. The first Zealot raises an Energy Sword, but Emile fires his shotgun through the canopy, shattering the glass and knocking the Elite to the deck. Emile stands, raises his shotgun, and fires again point-blank into the fallen Zealot's chest, killing it.

"Who's next?!" Emile yells.

The second Zealot impales Emile from behind with an Energy Sword, then pulls the mortally-wounded Spartan off the blade, holding Emile by the throat.

"I'm ready!" Emile shouts defiantly. "How 'about you?!" Still alive, Emile pulls out his kukri from his shoulder pauldron sheath and stabs the Zealot in the throat before dragging them both to the floor and out of sight.

"Emile, do you copy?!" Ash says into coms. "Noble Four, do you copy!" He gets no response. "Fuck!"

Keyes' pelican returns to Platform Delta. The ODST holds outs his hand, gesturing for Ash to join him. "Lieutenant, get on board! We gotta get the hell out of here!"

Ash looks to the Battlecruiser, then to the MAC gun. "I'm sorry, Cal." Ash turns to the ODST. "Negative. I have the gun." He says with a determined tone and he turns to Keyes. "Goof luck, sir."

Ash turns away from the Pelican.

Keyes' looks at Ash with a sad look. "...Good luck to you, Spartan." The Pink glow from one of the AI containers flashes a few times.

The ODST salutes Ash. "Good luck, sir!"

Keyes' Pelican leaves. Ash's only chance to escape Reach leaves with it.

Ash readies his DMR as Keyes speaks to him over coms. "Noble Six, get on that mass driver and clear me a path."

Ash lets out a breath. "Here we go. One last mission."

Ash runs towards the building housing the mass driver, but is confronted by an Elite Field Marshal and an accompanying squad of three Zealots, all Devoted Sentries. The four Elites in turn are guards by multiple Special Operations Unggoy and an Engineer.

Ash tosses all his grenades at the Grunts and fires onto the Engineer, Killing them.

One of the Zealots runs forward and tries to stab Ash with an Energy Dagger, with the other Zealots not far behind. Ash fires his guns at it approaches.

As the Zealot reaches Ash its shields go down and it swings its energy sword at him. He rolls under the attack and jumps onto the Elite with his knife drawn and he proceeds to stab the Elite in the face multiple times.

As the Elite's body falls Ash jumps at the next Elite, but it grabs him by the throat and tries to stab him, but he kicks it in the face and it drops him. Ash activates a couple plasma grenades on the Elite's belt as he rolls away.

The grenades go off and destroy the Elite's shields. Ash grabs an Energy sword off the ground and stabs it into the Elite's neck and as he jumps past it and onto the third Zealot.

Ash stabs the Elite in the neck as they fall to the ground. The Zealot throws Ash off it and stands up, clutching at it's bleeding neck, but Ash runs back forward and tackles the Elite to the ground and stabs it in the face a couple more times.

Ash rolls off its body and pulls his shotgun out as the Elite Field Marshal charges at him. Ash fires round after round and manages to destroy its shields as it reaches him.

The Elite swings its sword down onto Ash, but he holds up his shotgun and blocks the attack. Ash then kicks the Elite away and drops the damaged shotgun on the ground and throws his knife at the Elite. Embedding itself between its eyes.

Ash swiftly runs forward and grabs his knife as he runs to the MAC gun. Ash reaches the gun and finds two dead Elites and Emile's dead body sitting on the ground with his back leaning against the gun.

Ash shakes his head. "No, no, no!" He runs forward and kneels down to Emile and checks him over, and confirms he's dead. "It wasn't supposed to be like this Emile." Ash lets out a shaky breath.

Ash grabs Emile's dog tags and puts them in his chest pouch, and then he grabs Emile kukri from his shoulder pauldron. Ash then attaches it to his right shoulder pauldron.

Keyes speaks over coms. Spartan, do you copy? Heat up that gun, we've got multiple craft bearing down on us!"

"Bosszút állok bátyámért." (I'll avenge you my brother.)

Ash climbs up into the control seat of the MAC gun. "I've always wanted to use one of these, but not like this."

Keyes speaks over coms. "Cruiser, moving into position. I need it dead!"

Phantoms and Banshees fly towards Ash, but he shoots them down as they. "Bring on as many as you want! I'll shoot them all down!"

Keyes speaks over coms. "Mass driver won't crack those shields! Steady, Spartan!"

Ash takes down more Phantoms and Banshees.

The cruiser begins to charge its ventral energy projector, dropping its ventral shield around the projector.

Keyes speaks over coms. "Fire now, Lieutenant! Hit her in the gut!"

Ash aims the MAC cannon at the Cruiser. "For Noble Team." Ash fires and the mass driver slug hits the ventral energy projector on the cruiser.

The magnetic fields guiding the plasma destabilize, causing a massive explosion that

Keyes speaks to Ash over coms. "Good guns, Spartan. All stations: brace for cast-off."

The Pelican docks just in time, as a few Marines run by the troop bay.

(Easter Egg: At this point, if the right thumbstick is held to the right, one can see John-117 inside a cryo-chamber. Pretty cool huh.)

Ash climbs down the ladder leading to the mass driver as the Pillar of Autumn launches into the sky using R7 thrust couplings.

The Covenant cruiser crashes down in the background. The Pillar of Autumn pitches up and ejects its rocket pods as it flies towards pace.

Keyes speaks to Ash one last time over coms. "This it the Pillar of Autumn. We're away. And the Packages are with us."

Ash walks down the valley as the Autumn flies off into space. As Noble Six takes out a DMR.

Ash brings a hand up to his helmet. "This is Noble Six to any UNSC left on Planet Reach. The Pillar of Autumn is away. If anyone is still out there, regroup at the coordinates attached to this transmission. Prepare for one final fight men, we aren't letting these bastards take out home with out a fight."

Ash lowers his hand and starts to walk off. "Give me Strength Noble Team."

.

.

.

.

Planet Reach

September 10, 2552 20:00 Hours

Static is heard and it clears up and Ash's voice comes through. "After the Pillar of Autumn left I gathered up any UNSC forces left of Reach, there were about a hundred of us. We fought and fought, day and night. No sleeping, no eating, just straight fighting all hours of the day. They picked us off one-by-one, I've had Marines, Army Troopers and even Spartans die in my arms. It's been a week and a half since the Autumn left and now I'm the only one left alive on Reach. If any one is out there, listening to this transmission, Reach... has fallen, I'm sorry. I've fought my hardest, but there was nothing I could do. If any one is listening, please tell Cal-141, I'm sorry. I tried to stay safe, but in the end it didn't matter. I'm tired, hungry and ready for the end. I've already killed hundreds of Covenant, I'm ready to take more with me. This is Noble Six, out."

As two banshees fly past, we look down to see Ash, standing along on a raised platform. His armor has plasma burns, dents and chips on it.

The sky is choked with smoke and ash from the ongoing glassing. With no means of escape, Noble Six is stranded on Reach as it burns. The Spartan watches as Banshees dominate the sky and Phantoms approach their position.

There'll be Another Time...
Spartans never die...

Ash readies an assault rifle as he sees a Phantom drop off troops in the distance.

Current Objective:
SURVIVE

Ash limps forward and hops off the platform. "One last time, Spartan. One last time. Take as many with you, every one down is another saved.

Ash runs into a building as a Phantom fires down onto him, he grabs a Rocket Launcher on the ground and fires at the Phantom, causing it to retreat.

Ash then drops the Rocket Launcher and fires onto a group of incoming Grunts. Then he rolls to the side and kneels down at a couple Jackals fire at him and he swiftly takes them down.

An Elite runs at Ash and tries to grab him, but he ducks down and slams his gun into it's face and as it falls to the ground unloads into it.

Ash reloads and his shields take a few hits and he rolls into a building and lets them recharge. Ash grabs a couple grenades off the ground and throws them at a couple grunts and Elites running at him.

Ash rolls out of the building and kicks an Elite to the ground and takes his knife out and stabs it into the Elite's face and rips out his knife and throws it into an approaching Elite.

Ash moves forward as his shield takes more damage and runs out, but they don't recharge. Ash rips his knife out of an Elite and continues to take down more and more Covenant rushing towards him.

A plasma grenade goes off near Ash and he's thrown to the ground and a crack appears on his visor. Ash stands up again and kicks a grunt away from him and sees a Plasma mortar fly toward him.

Ash runs into a building and peeks out to see a Wraith coming towards him. Ash looks around the building and spots many dead Marines and a couple Spartans. One of the dead Spartans has a Spartan laser and Ash grabs it and fires at the Wraith, blowing it up.

Ash moves out of the building as his HUD glitches out and disappears. An Elite charges at Ash and kicks him to the ground, but he rolls as he lands and swiftly stands up and fires onto the Elite, killing it.

Ash coughs and stumbles onto the side of a building as he takes some raspy breaths. He hears yelling and looks up to see more Covenant approaching him. Fear washes over Ash and he grunts.

Plasma rounds fly all around him and Ash pushes off the building and fires back and throws a couple grenades. Ash takes down a few suicide Grunts, they blow up their nearby allies. Another Spirit flies in and drops of a lot of Elites.

Ash moves behind a building and reloads then he runs out and fires onto more Covenant troops. A plasma round hits Ash. Another crack appears in Ash's helmet and he stumbles forward.

Ash's point of view: SPARTAN-S142 is under heavy fire and hurt, with two cracks on Ash's visor. A single assault rifle is lying on the ground. The spartan pulls off the damaged helmet, tosses it aside, and picks up the weapon.

The view changes to the discard helmet's point of view, which sees Noble Six making a final stand against the Covenant and we see what he looks like. Disheveled white hair and sunken pale yellow eyes with dark bags under them.

"Come on!" Ash yells out. "I'm here, fight me!"

A Sangheili Ultra charges at the Spartan, firing a Okarda'phaa-pattern plasma rifle, but Ash calmly steps forward and guns it down with the assault rifle.

"You want to take Reach!" Ash yells out as he reloads his Assault Rifle. "You'll have to kill me then!" Ash takes out his knife and throws it to the side and an Elite falls to the ground near the helmet, with a knife in its face.

A Sangheili General approaches from behind with an energy sword. Before it can strike, Ash turns around and rams his elbow into the General's face, disabling its shields and knocking it to the ground. Ash draws a pistol and kills the fallen General, then holsters the pistol and resumes firing the assault rifle.

A plasma repeater fires from out of view of the helmet and hits Ash across the stomach. With his shields already down, the Spartan is severally wounded. Ash reels back from the attack, but remains standing as he coughs up some blood.

Holding the assault rifle at the hip in the right hand and the pistol in the left, SPARTAN-S142 continues firing, killing two more Sangheili before another Ultra shoves Ash to the ground and pounces on him with an energy dagger. The Spartan kicks the Ultra backwards, causing it to stumble into the helmet.

At the same time, a sword-wielding Sangheili Zealot appears and tries to kill the downed Spartan, but Ash knocks the sword out of his hands. The Zealot staggers backwards as Ash picks up the Energy sword, with his left hand, and stands up and stabs it in the chest, killing it.

"Come on, you're prize is right here!" Ash cuts the Elite Ultra's head off.

An elite comes up behind Ash and stabs him through the back. Ash coughs up more block and kicks the Elite beck, the energy sword deactivating and falling to the ground.

Ash stumbles a little as he turns around and stabs the Elite in the chest and kicks its body to the ground. Ash pukes up blood and looks up with an angry look.

"It'll take a lot more to kill me!" Ash yells as he picks up his assault rifle and fires onto more Elites.

An Elite charges at Ash and he guns it down, and turns to the side and continues to fire, but the mag runs dry as the Elite closes in on him. he throws the empty assault at the Elite and then stabs it in the neck.

Ash kicks the Elite body on the ground and grabs its plasma rifle. Ash continues to fire onto incoming Elites.

Another Elite comes up behind Ash and swings its Energy Sword, taking Ash's left arm off. Ash yells in pain and he turns around and guns down the Elite.

Ash, with an arm missing, guns down another approaching Elite and the Plasma rifle overheats and he groans from the heat. An Elite runs at Ash from the side and he swings the rifle into its face and it falls to the ground.

Ash drops the plasma rifle and grabs the energy sword from his severed arm and stabs the downed Elite. Ash coughs a few times and spits some blood on an Elite's corpse.

"You've taken my home, my team." Ash yells as he ducks under an Elite's sword and kicks it away. "Now come and take me!" Ash stomps on the down Elite' neck as he stabs it in the stomach.

Blood spurts from his severed arm as he moves around. A few plasma rounds fly around him and a couple hits his right shoulder and he growls in pain. Ash holds his Energy Sword and blocks the plasma rounds as an Elite approaches him.

Ash takes a few steps towards the Elite and cuts it down.

Another Elite comes up beside Ash and stabs him in the side with an Energy Dagger. Ash yells in pain and he shoulder bashes it to the ground and stabs it in the head. Ash then stumbles back as everything goes quiet.

Ash coughs a few more times before he falls to the ground onto his back. "Fuck... you... Split-lips..." Ash coughs a few mores times and he takes a few raspy breaths, then he goes still.

The battlefield once teaming with battle, is now silent and still. Dust clouds roll through the area, taking the blood on the ground into the air.

A few specks of blue blood fly onto the helmet.

Suddenly the radio crackles to life.

"He's got to be around here." A female voice says. "The transmission ended around here."

"We've been searching right under the Covenant's nose for a week." A male voice says. "Who even is this guy."

"Some of the Marines, even Caleb, call him a hero."

"This so called hero, is he even still alive? It's been over a week since the Autumn left."

"Noble Six should still be alive." Auntie Dot's voice comes over the radio. "He's shown much resiliency and will to fight on."

The sounds of a Pelican's engines near the battlefield.

"If you say so." The Male voice says.

"Wait, I've got something!" The Female voice calls out.

"Vital signature detected." Auntie Dot informs. "It's Noble Six."

A spotlight flashes down through the dust clouds and moves around until it lands on Ash. The sound of engine are right above the helmet.

"I found him!" The female voice yells.

"Sir, Primary target found." The male voice says.

Suddenly Keyes' voice is heard. "Good job Rose Team... Bring him home."

HALO REACH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I do hope you enjoyed Halo Reach, with Ash as Noble Six.)

03-22-2023

6855 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105 6 13
Cortana is gone. Nobody is sure where. Master Chief, after almost 2 days of being MIA, randomly has appeared near Earth, and following not far behind...
68.1K 1.4K 19
We all know how reach fell. How noble team gave their lives for a better future. But, what if an unexpected Spartan joined the fray? Will you save t...
13 1 4
The year is 2552. The invading force on Reach known as the, "Covenant", is tearing through the planet and leaving destruction in their path. As the U...
6.1K 175 11
Halo, but with an oddity. Having survived the Fall of Reach, the Pillar of Autumn and those aboard were not given much time to rest. Upon their escap...