Entwining Lives - A Hermitcra...

Par XeraTheWatcher

Season 9 started as any other - Chaotic. But standard. Mostly. Until Grian found a mysterious rift under his... Plus

A/N
Chapter 1 - In which Grian is having a great time :D
Chapter 2 - Imagine killing your best friend couldn't be Grian
Chapter 3 - A mostly untraumatized and semi-sane person? Whats this? :O
Chapter 4 - Pearl has appeared and she wishes for blood
Chapter 5 - Grian stops a murder.
Chapter 6 - Much confusion
Chapter 7 - Grian has trauma, who could have guessed
Chapter 7.5 - [Redacted]
Chapter 8 - A strange world
Chapter 9 - Scarlet regrets all her decisions leading up to this point in time
Chapter 10 - Grian is very concerned for Pearl's wellbeing
Chapter 11 - The sun begins to set...
Chapter 12 - [Redacted] two, Electric Boogaloo
Chapter 13 - Soulbound?
Chapter 14 - Trauma? Who dis?
Chapter 15 - Fluff? Less likely then you thought, but still possible
Chapter 16 - Scott's been all too happy
Chapter 18 - Dawn and Dusk
Chapter 19 - Tying up a couple loose ends
Chapter 20 - Broken birdsongs
Chapter 21 - Scorching & Smoke
Chapter 22 - All falls down
Chapter 23 - The cell
Chapter 24 - The Meeting
Chapter 25 - 10, 9, 8...
Important Update

Chapter 17 - [REDACTED] Three, Oh gee.

160 5 57
Par XeraTheWatcher

TW: Mind Control, Mentions of Death, Mentions of Manipulation, Mentions of Violence

POV: [Redacted]

[Redacted] glanced behind themselves. Good. No one was visible. The [Redacted]s would be safe. This wasn't their fate, to be thrown aside in his quarrel.

"[Redacted], you don't have to cloak yourself." He turned, yelling at the sky. It didn't matter if he may have appeared insane, everyone within this area already thought he'd lost it. Perhaps they were right, but that was a musing for another time. "We both know you're here."

A shimmer of violet appeared nearby, and he turned, to smile bitterly at them "You finally face me after what you did."

A watcher, their disguise dropped, their face familiar, appeared. "I... [Redacted], I think of you like a sibling. What I did... I didn't mean to betray you, I'm sorry..." She dipped her head. "But it had to be done. [Redacted], you aren't processing what you're doing! Those people didn't, and still don't, deserve to die! And above all else, WHY, why did you make a deal with the [Redacted]... Why..." Her voice was sorrowful. How... Amusing, that outburst of emotion. It was shameful, pitiful even. Yet it amused him. How she believed she was an equal to him, or even upon a moral high ground, when she threw away her honor like this.

He met her pleading and emotional outburst with a stoic, cold expression. He would not shame his name as she did. "[Redacted]. You are an oathbreaker. I did try to protect you at first, because I swore I would protect the [Redacted], and you are one of them. Unlike you, I am honorable. But perhaps, I should have kicked you out long ago."

She seemed to get more desperate with his reasonable and truthful response. Now she was yelling at him, her desperation mixing in with anger... "The players you're killing don't deserve this! I'd rather die than have others dying on my behalf."

Emotions bubbled up inside himself. He desperately tried to remain calm. He wouldn't shame himself with an outburst like she did. He wouldn't stoop to her level. "The people I sacrifice for our lives are nobodies, people who have harmed others, people who are working to destroy the delicate balance we swore to uphold, or people who harm those who are too afraid to stand against them." He bit his tongue. That was a bit too emotional, he got carried away. He was shaming himself... How could he do as she did?

"[Redacted], no one deserves death, no matter the wrongs they commit." She stared into his eyes, her own filling with tears, even though it brought both of them discomfort. "They might change..."

"I beg to differ. Either way, should I let these... Monsters..." He spat out the word, as if merely acknowledging them pained him. "...Harm more people, while my own friends die before me due to me failing my duty? I'm no oathbreaker, unlike you." His voice began to shake under his stoic persona he equipped like a mask. His wings were poofed out, and his player disguise was long since dropped. Even in his full watcher height, [Redacted] was still quite a bit taller than him, cutting back on the intimidation factor significantly.

"So you don't care. You claim you do, but really, you're shallow. You only wish for your reputation to remain spotless, so you may glory in the spotlight!" [Redact-]a spat at him, her wings fluffing up angrily, similarly to his own.

"I never wanted the spotlight!" He took a deep breath. This outburst was dishonorable. He had to do better, he was failing at everything he had been taught. "I only wished to serve. And that is what I do. My apologies for shouting, it was... Unnecessary. Undignified." He would be the better [Redact-]er, even if [Redacted] shamed herself.

She walked forth, her wings becoming even more fluffed up. "Keep lying to yourself, if it allows you to rest your head at night. Let me know when you silence the screams of the ones you harmed. I want to find a way to quiet my own. I wish to repay the damages I did when I believed their lies, but clearly you do not."

He felt a wave of calm wash over him. Frankly, [Redacted]'s antics amused him. How... pitiful, was this oathbreaker, to speak to a wa[dacted] like that? It reminded him of those mortals he had slayed. Why had he even defended her? "Unlike you, I comprehend my need to serve. I understand I meant for no more, and no less. The greatest honor I will receive is to pass on in service to those above me. You wish though, you even dare to want to become more than you were designed to be. That will only bring pain. To you, to those mortals you care about."

"You can come with me... Please [Redacted]. I miss you... Stay with the [Reda]ionists still, we can protect them together." They pleaded.

"I was told that next time I see you, I should end your pitiful existence. But, I am better than you. I will allow you a head start. If you are not out of my sight in ten seconds, I will attack. You may remain in [Redacted], but if the watchers come, you will be the next rabbit they hunt."

"[Redacted]..."

"10."

"Your better than this, [Redacted]..."

"9."

"You... You're kidding! You wouldn't?"

"8."

"Please, I miss who you were before!"

"7."

"I don't know what they told you, but I'm sorry..."

"6."

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

"... 5."

"Please [Redacted], just think for yourself for once..."

"..." He paused, before shaking off his hesitation "4."

"They are inflicting their own actions onto you..."

"3."

"They're using you as a puppet! Please, Please listen." [Redacted] slumped onto her knees, begging pitifully before him.

"2..." He flicked his hand, violet flame blossoming.

"1." [Redacted] finished for him, pushing herself up. "I won't let you keep hurting people, even if you are my best friend."

"Well, then, Erra, it's a duel." [Redacted] grinned.

"Erra is no longer my name." Erra snapped.

"Fine, what was that pitiful name you used on my server? Ah yes... 'Moon'."

"You... I'm sorry, [Redacted], you're too far gone. They got their teeth into you, they did what I swore I would protect you against... I'm sorry I couldn't stop you, Brother.

"And I'm sorry my own so-called sister betrayed me."

"And I'm sorry you think I'm some monster."

"You're an oath breaker."

"And, if you truly hate me, like you claim you do, why do I still stand here? Unless you cannot convince yourself to attack. Despite the monster they made me out to be, you still see the young girl, who they had 'rescued'. The one who soothed you after nightmares. The one who patched you up after training. '' Erra gazed at him. "I miss the young boy who had been broken, but was still willing to trust me. I miss the one who cried over seeing their first sunrise after escaping."

"That young boy... He's long dead." His words were all coming out wrong. They had been for a while, but he finally acknowledged it. He wanted to listen to Erra, and everything in his brain was screaming at him to listen to his friend. But some instinct in him kept him speaking that venomous tone. "That young boy was weak, and without what we made him into, he would be trampled, walked all over." His voice was cold, despite the fact he wanted to cry with the memories fighting to surface. This wasn't him, it was all too apparent. His mind, heart, and actions were all at odds, but that voice kept talking...

"Ah, greetings Mx. I was wondering when you'd join me." Erra smiled coldly. "I figure my theory was correct?"

"What do you want, oathbreaker?" His own voice was foreign, it felt as if he was watching his own life like it was a movie.

"Well, Iraz, I wanted to ask you the same thing. What have you done to [ReDact-]ua."

"I merely stopped him from betraying all he held dear, due to your manipulation." His consciousness seemed to be fading, everything was so fuzzy...

"[Re-]qua, please!"

[||𝙹⚍∷ ⎓╎リᔑꖎꖎ|| ᔑᓵꖌリ𝙹∴ꖎᒷ↸⊣╎リ⊣ ╎ℸ ̣ ... ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣  ╎ᓭ ᓭ⚍∷!¡∷╎ᓭ╎リ⊣, ʖ⚍ℸ ̣  リ𝙹ℸ ̣  ⚍リ⍑ᒷᔑ∷↸ 𝙹⎓. ∴⍑|| ↸𝙹 ||𝙹⚍ ↸ᒷリ|| ╎ℸ ̣ ? ||𝙹⚍ ↸╎↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ. ᔑꖎꖎ 𝙹⎓ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣  𝙹ᓵᓵ⚍∷ᓭ ╎ᓭ ||𝙹⚍∷ ⎓ᔑ⚍ꖎℸ ̣.]

A/N:

Spooky spooky stuff's occurring
Stuffs gonna happen soon... :) We're getting near the turning point of the story.

WC: 1466 (Does anyone even care about the wc other then me, or should I get rid of it?)

- Xera

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

37.4K 1.5K 22
Grian's life was shattered into a million pieces a long time ago. So long ago, he didn't know whether it was ever even whole. When he joined Hermitcr...
3.7K 154 9
Grian was placed into a world, not EXACTLY sure what had happened before then, although he where he was. There was others too. Along with some myst...
20.7K 643 21
Grian had spent his whole life running. Running away from Evo. Running away from YandereHigh. Running away from Sam. He was sick of it. So when he fi...
82.7K 2.8K 28
⚠ Cover Art Isn't Mine ⚠(I wish it was though like, DAMN! talent!!! When Mumbo Jumbo died unexpectedly his best friend, Grian, never recovered. He'd...