Sweet As Sugar

By MrsWidoww

♡Natasha Romanoff X FemReader♡ °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° •People would've think Y/N would want to become a model becaus... More

Part 1; A Destiny Unfolds
Part 2; New Hero, New Risks
Part 4; Desiring Each Other
Part 5; A Journey to A New Realm
Part 6; The Confusion of Feelings
Part 7; The Journey Begins
Part 8; The Pain of Compassion
Part 9; A Heart Awakened
Part 10; The Drunk Confession
Part 11; A Museum for Two
Part 12; The Heartbreak of Friends
Part 13; The Last Farewell
Part 14; A New Face
Part 15; The Kiss of Fate
Part 16; Waking Up to Agony
Part 17; A Heart's Confession
Part 18; Wrapped Around Fingers
Part 19; Night of Drunken Insanity
Part 20; The Fight with Dummies
Part 21; Sister of a Widow
Part 22; Conspiracy Theory of Avengers
Part 23; Suit & Argue & Lust
Part 24; Her Soft Touch ⚠️
Part 25; The Tools of Victory
Part 26; The City of Love
Part 27; The Soldier's Final Stand
Part 28; The Grief of Losing
Part 29; The Rise from Coma
Part 30; The Reunited Friendship
Part 31; The Unsolved Case
Part 32; The Steamy Obsession⚠️
Part 33; Caught Red Handed
Part 34; The Possessive Nature
Part 35; Healing Power of The Beach
Part 36: The Passion of The Night⚠️
Part 37; A Tipsy Night
Part 38; Successful but Dreadful
Part 39; The Day of Our Dreams
Final Part; The Perfect Ending♡

Part 3; The Ultron Crisis

2.1K 48 3
By MrsWidoww

~Y/N's Pov~
~2 weeks skip~

I've gotten used to my new morning routine as an Avenger. Usually, I'd just wake up and head to work, but now living at the tower and quitting that job, everything's different. The first week I had a baseline test Fury organized for me, and I aced it. From then on, I trained with Nat every morning, it was jogging or hand-to-hand combat. Fury chose Nat to be in charge of me. Over the time that Nat kicked my ass in training, I got to figure out her fighting skills and what her weaknesses are -which aren't a lot- and I got to know her better. I'd say we've become great friends, but something is bothering me and that's her flirting. The boys warned me about her, and how she flirts with everyone. So, I don't take her flirting to heart and let it slide, even though it annoys me.

On a side note, everyone's been working hard on tracking down Ultron. We're so close to figuring it out, but we can't lay our finger on it.

-

Sitting on my bed with my phone in my hand, chuckling at a text that Xavier sent me. Now that I moved into the tower, I barely see, nor talk to him.
"Who's got you giggling so early in the morning?" The very familiar raspy voice asks. Startled, I turn off my phone and shoot my head where I met the emerald eyes of Nat, her lips twitching into a smirk. Maybe I should consider closing my door from now on.
She cocks back her eyebrow as I throw my phone next to me, "A mysterious partner by chance?" She asks, but something in her voice tells me she's trying to tease me. I chuckle, "I wish. It's only my brother" I expose. She folds her arms, leaning against the door frame.

"No mysterious lover then?" She taunts, tilting her head as I shake my head, "I'm surprised. I figured you'd grab all the boys' attention"

I chuckle awkwardly, "Very funny, Nat."
"I'm being serious, Steve has his eyes on you" She replies. I shake off her comment, not in the mood for teasing and I surely do not believe her. I stand up from my bed.
"Hurry up, Tony might have found something" She mentioned Ultron, shutting the door as she spins out of my room.

I quickly got done dressing in my Shield clothes, all black and gray. There's a holster attached to my thigh with a gun inside and loads of belts wrapped around my waist if I need to carry something along with me. I'm currently walking down to the lab with a scientist that works here before we split ways, bidding goodbye to each other. Walking through a bunch of corridors, I finally spot everyone; either sitting on the chairs, standing still, or leaning against the walls while Steve is at the front in his suit, speaking. I sneak inside, not wanting to ruin his lecture, but he did seem to notice my appearance and sends me a head nod. I stand next to Sam, everyone's arms are folded as they listen closely, so I do the same, standing with confidence and folding my arms over my chest. It didn't take long for me to catch up on what we were doing and what was about to happen.

We finally know where Ultron is.

Steve ends his sentence, "Right then, let's not waste time. Clint, get the Quinjet up and running." Everyone stormed out of the room, on their way to collect weapons, or towards the Quinjet outside. I exit the room with Natasha behind me.

I stop in my tracks as Nat steps in front of me. "You're sitting this one out," She said. I furrow my eyebrows, my lips parting. "What, why?" I ask confusingly. "Y/N, this is Ultron we're dealing with. I don't want you to get hurt. You've only been here for a few weeks now," She defends.
I scoff, parting my lips further. Bullshit.
I shake my head not amused by her comment. I remember her words from yesterday after training...
"You said I'm ready, Nat" I fight back, watching as her jaw clenches. There was a pause, us staring at each other, my eyes bouncing back and forth from hers.
"Please" I beg. Silence filled the room as her eyes sends daggers into mine. I give her time to think, trying to act sad to persuade her into taking me with them. I know the consequences of going with them, I can get hurt, even killed. I am an Avenger and I will do anything to help.

She steps closer to me and brings her hand up, pointing at me. She release a small breath and hesitantly spoke, "Okay but, you stay with us..." She takes a deep breath in, "...with me" She ends. I tilt my head up, a small smile forming on my lips. She nods before slowly turning around and leading me toward the weapon room.

We gathered everything we need, reloading guns and attaching weapons on our belts and in our holsters. The twins, Wanda and Pietro, made a quick stop at the weapon room to collect some outfits that they picked out for missions. I don't understand why there are extra outfits in the weapon room, but I think it's their suits. With a head start, the twins ran out of the weapon room leaving Nat and me to quickly grab the last stuff we need. Eventually, we were all set and ready to go. We met up with everyone in the Quinjet. The first time I've ever been in one of these. Clint and Steve were sitting up front, Clint driving. The twins sat in a corner with Bruce and Vision joining them. Thor leaned against Clint's seat, Natasha making her way towards them. Overall, everyone was minding their own business, Sam and Rhodey too. I look around the Quinjet, not sure where to sit, so I sat down on the first metal seats I saw against the wall. My eyes scan everywhere, inspecting the atmosphere before I spot Natasha and Steve staring at me while whispering. Embarrassed, I look down at my feet. They're talking about me, Steve's probably asking why a newbie like me is here on the mission.

I get kicked out of my thoughts as a pair of boots gets my attention. I look up to see Natasha sitting down next to me, twisting her head to see me better.

"Sorry about that, Steve was just confused about why you're joining a mission so early. Usually, new members go on missions later in the month" Nat explains, her voice calm and soft, yet raspy like always. I flash a smile, "No worries, I understand" I reply. I turn my head away from her, staring down at my feet. My smile slowly disappears, feeling misjudged.

I have a feeling that the Avengers think I'm not ready to fight with them...

My muscles tensed, and me flexing my leg as I felt a cold hand burn through the material of my suit. My adrenaline spikes and my mouth runs dry as I look down at her hand, touching just above my knee. "Hey..." she whispers. Slightly confused and shocked, I look at her with parted lips. I relax my body once I heard her calm voice, "Don't worry, you're ready" She said, her eyes showing sympathy.

Maybe not all the Avengers think alike about me...

Nat believes in me, the tiny smile on her lips shows it. I gulp, "Yeah," still a bit hypnotized by the sudden touch and her cold hands. I hope she didn't feel my legs tense up, that would've been embarrassing.

Her hand slips off my leg when Steve came walking towards us, "Still a long way to go, Ladies. I suggest buckling up"
He jokes, pushing himself up on a wooden crate in front of us. I smile, shaking my head lightly.

"Feed your own ego, we're busy Steve" Nat sighed.

I bite my lip, trying to prevent myself from smirking at Nat's backfire. You could hear her teasing, sarcastic voice which made Steve also puff out a chuckle with a smile forming on his lips. "Yeah, yeah, Romanoff. I just wanted to let you know, it's still a long flight until we get there." With no other comment, he jumps off the crate. Turning his back towards us, his muscles flexes, causing you to see it through his suit. I look back at Nat who's looking back and forth between Steve and me before he walks away. She clears her throat, straightening her back.

Eventually, we landed at Sokovia where it was soon to be turned into a meteorite. We gathered information a week ago that lead us here, we discovered that Ultron made a device that can make an entire part of Sokovia float in the air. The thing is, we don't know why. We started by clearing the homes, Wanda using her spells to manipulate people to go in the Quinjet's carriers. As we lead the people out of Sokovia, Vision was searching for Ultron that's when he said he found Ultron at the broken down church over the ear pieces. He said Ultron upgraded himself, he looks a lot bigger.
Busy evacuating the city, that's when Ultron started sending out his other robot minions. We fought, me using my guns. I listened to Nat, staying with her at all costs before a robot took me flying, crashing me into buildings. Luckily, I got my way out of the robot's grip, falling before Hulk caught me, safely putting me down. I thanked him and he growl in response. Already out of breath, I stand up from the ground, dusting myself off.

I sigh as I spot robots flying toward me, "Just my luck" I mumble to myself before taking out my guns again

"Y/N, I swear- where the hell are you?" Nat asked strictly, she was clearly out of breath too. I wanted to reply before I fought against the robots first which made me run out of breath. "I don't know, I got taken and flown away. I'm fine though" I breathed out, kicking the robot's head off who was crawling on the ground, trying to escape from me.
"Hold on, I'm coming to find you," Nat said.
With no robots in sight, I place my guns back in my holster. I limp towards the shade under a tree, leaning against it. They definitely got me good, a few scratches on my arms and I'm pretty sure my face looks like sh-

I look up as I hear footsteps running toward me. I see Nat, looking around in a hurry, but relief flushed over her as she spots me. She runs towards me, "You still holding up?" She asks. I examine her face to her lips, her bottom lip having a cut with dry blood. A certain spot where she got hit earlier is still bleeding too. "Are you?" I question, concerned. She smirks, "Never been better", hearing her breath cut short too. This isn't looking good so far. Everyone is out of breath, and tired of fighting, I can hear it in their voice as they speak over the ear pieces. I have no clue where the others are, although I did see Hulk a few minutes ago when he saved me.

We all trembled as the city started floating and shaking. A part of the city broke loose and flew up in the sky slowly.

I ran with Nat down the broken alleyway, but still no sign of any robots. That's until we heard laser beams, grunting, explosions, and growls from Hulk and Thor's hammer. We came around the corner, seeing everyone at the center of the church. I spot Vision flying up to the sky, fighting Ultron one- on-one. Nat and I joined the rest, fighting with them.

A few moments later, our attacks got sloppy. A few people were stuck under the rubbish and broken down houses that caught our attention while we were fighting. "There are still people here," I announce, us all forming a circle. "The ships are full, we can't carry more people!" Steve replied.

"You sure about that, Cap?" No other than Nick Fury spoke through the earpieces. In the distance, we could hear the helicarrier arriving. "Someone make sure the city's clear!" Steve commands. I volunteered to get the people stuck out of this hazard zone, taking them to the extra flying ships Fury brought. Agents were standing outside the helicarrier, loading up people to safety, me dropping off more of them. Of course, Tony went with me to cover for me.

Everyone came running towards us as Tony and I ran back to them. I frown once I notice Wanda and Vision missing.

I ask breathlessly, "Where's Wanda?" Thor pants, "She's the only one who can keep this city up, she stayed behind"
Not sure what that means, Tony said he should help her and flew under the city to keep it up as Wanda stays on the surface and keep it up from here. We were helping the last civilians on board before robots came out of nowhere.

That's when my stomach dropped.

I watch shakily, tears unconsciously rolling out my eyes. My throat went numb. My ears deafens after hearing the last words of my friend, Pietro. "You didn't see that coming"
Mouth hanging open I watch him fall onto the ground, Clint and a small child behind him. Pietro saved them. There's bullet holes everywhere on his body. With no time to sorrow, Steve picked him up and took him into the ship. I got my senses back once a red mist came flying in the sky, almost like Wanda's powers. That's when I heard her scream. She knows her brother died.

Still in shock, I feel someone tug my wrist. "Y/N, we need to go" Nat said sternly, spinning me around to face her. I frown, ripping my arm away from her. "Wanda's still out there!" I exclaim. Nat took my wrist once again.
"Vision's out there too, he'll get her," She said. Hesitantly, I follow Nat inside the carrier, meeting the Shield agents inside and Nick Fury, Maria standing beside him.

Maria attacked me with a hug before I could even greet the commander, Nick Fury. After exchanging greetings, I notice Nat wasn't standing behind me. That's when I found her standing at the deck of the hellicarier, her arms folded. Slowly, I stroll towards her and place my hands on the railing once I got there. In silence, we watch as the city goes down where it belongs as the hellicarier drifts in the air.

"Your first win, Y/N" Nat spoke, "You did it"

Gripping the railing tightly, I take a deep breath in. Is it a win though? Pietro died. Heat spread across my cheeks at her compliment, but I had to correct her. "We did it" I correct, sighing in relief.

The city moves down to the ground again, guessing Wanda's breakdown wiped out all the robots and caused the city to stop floating. Tony helped, of course, and he carried the city down back onto the ground before flying away.
I look up, seeing Wanda in Vision's arms flying in the sky towards the carrier.

We did it. We defeated Ultron.

Word count: 2588

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 6.6K 50
'𝚠𝚘𝚠, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚌.' '𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.' Y/N Y/L/N was not your typi...
15.8K 402 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...
2.4K 116 6
Thirty-four year old Wanda Maximoff, founder and CEO of one of the most renowned Private Practice's in Manhattan, New York finds herself feeling incr...
88.5K 2.9K 26
Everyone knows the famous Natasha Romanoff but only as a soldier. Not many people know what happened in the battle against Thanos but how could she f...