Unexpected Gifts

By Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter X

3.3K 85 3
By Dyn_Arxon

A/N: Mature scene at the end of chapter.

============================

As December Twenty-first dawned, those within Potter Manor that would be traveling to the Ministry were having an early breakfast.

Harry was enjoying a cup of strong chamomile, while Daphne sipped on her coffee. Cyrus Greengrass was standing behind his wife, sipping a strong tea himself. Lord Griffith and Lady Rooth Abbott were both drinking coffee, whereas Lady Serena Zabini didn't need a pick-me-up for the early morning.

"Harry," Griffith spoke up, "Just how prepared are you for today?"

Sipping his tea, he smirked, "Prepared enough to walk into today's meeting and rock the foundations of every family."

After a few minutes, the group finished their breakfast and moved to the main sitting room. Iolanthe questioned Harry motherly from the portrait while their Founders gave him a hearty grin and proud nod.

"Dressed as a true Lord and Lady should be," Salazar bowed his head lightly to the young couple, earning a bow and curtsey in return.

A few last-minute given advice was spoken before they entered the fireplace and were spat into the Ministery Atrium.

Harry and Daphne wore robes that were a combination of their house colors. The outside of their robes was a velvet green so deep it almost looked black, while the trim was a deep maroon. The inside of their robes was of the deepest black.

Their presence alone screamed power. Many lower families and Order of Merlin holders averted their eyes and some bowed their heads.

They were seated beside Cryus, as he was to introduce them.

At nine o'clock, Chief Warlock Tiberius Ogden tapped his gavel, "I call the two hundred and seventy-eighth Winter Solstice gathering of the Wizengamot on the twenty-first day of December of the year nineteen hundred and ninety-five."

"Before we address the docket, is there anything that anyone wishes to rise to this august body?"

Cyrus stood, his face proud as he regarded the Chief Warlock, "I wish to raise the appointment of a new Lord and Lady," he stated clearly.

Chief Warlock Ogden nodded, "Who would this be, Lord Greengrass?"

"Harry James Potter and my eldest daughter, his betrothed," Cyrus stated as they stood, their faces neutral.

"Approach the stand," Ogden told them, indicating a raised platform in the middle of the room.

They were the epitome of the meaning behind Lord and Lady. Strength and power seemed to roll from them in waves, yet they looked indifferent. Once they took place on the stand, the Chief Warlock spoke again.

"State the House(s) you wish to claim title over."

"I, Harry James, Lord of House Potter-Black-Greengrass claim the House of Potter, House of Black, House of Peverell, House of Gryffindor, and House of Slytherin, by birthright and by magic. I stake this claim to Magic herself, as I state, mote this be."

The governing body was in an uproar before he finished speaking.

The Chief Warlock was attempting to calm the body down, resorting to a cannon blast from their wand. His efforts were for naught as the atmosphere in the room grew thick and heavy. Magic herself heard his claim, and she would judge him.

The respective family seats began to glow brightly, calling for a test. Having expected this, Harry pulled at his family magic.

A red griffin, emerald basilisk, a golden lion, purple dog, and a white raven soon stood around Harry and Daphne.

They watched as the family seats began to give off golden light before the suffocating pressure of magic left the room.

Lucious Malfoy stood suddenly and was about to speak only to be cut off by Harry, "Before Lord Malfoy embarrasses himself by attempting to call line theft, I advise he remembers that his wife is a third daughter of a second son. I suggest he regards the will of Head Sirius Orion Black before embarrassing his name."

Ogden was quick to clear his throat as Malfoy flushed, "Is there anything more to raise before we go over the docket?"

"Yes, Chief Warlock, there is." Harry said, standing strongly, "I wish to raise the attention of this Wizengamot meeting to the fact that, Daphne Greengrass and myself are Bonded by our family magicks. Unless I'm ill-informed, such a bond sees her as my Lady and wife in the eyes of Magic."

"I also suggest shorting our titles to Potter, for simplicity." He added quickly as an afterthought.

"Thank you, Lord Potter," Chief Warlock Ogden nodded as he regarded Harry and Daphne seriously, "I'm not one to press my luck, and as your claim was judged my Magic herself, I'm going to believe that such a bond, rare however it may be, does exist between you and Lady Potter. Under our old laws, this body does recognize she is your Lady wife."

"Thank you, Chief Warlock," Harry bowed his head lightly to the aged wizard. With that, he led Daphne off the podium and to the Potter seats.

============================

The next few days were gone quickly, Christmas Eve upon them with a chill.

The gathered families spent the day curled up inside, sipping on warm drinks as the twins, Hermione, and Tracey played games.

It was decided that the couples would participate in the Rite of Yule, with Augusta leading the Yule Fire, as she was the eldest.

Dinner that night was all but a feast, Maisey and Dobby happily serving and caring for the party.

"Remind me again why I shouldn't free the house elves?" Hermione asked over dinner, looking at Harry strongly.

"Because a symbiotic relationship is held before wizards and house elves. Our magic sustains them and they are our staff." Harry told her, "I'm still paying Dobby, but if I were to ask Maisey then she'll likely string me up by my ears."

"If I do then yous better learn from its," the old elf piped up, "I've been looking afters the manor and family since befores Charlus."

She gave him a motherly pat on his arm, "Your father was troubles, he was, but yous a good boy, Master Harry."

Harry smiled and shook his head slightly as he smirked, "Was granddad ever able to convince Gran to allow a dragon?"

"No," Augusta and Minerva cut in briskly.

"Dorea would put her foot down every time her brought it up," Minerva chuckled.

"Brother always wondered where James got his mean streak and pranking from, his answer Sister." The Longbottom Matron joined in.

Daphne shook her head lightly, "Their portrait is upstairs in the library. If you must talk about them, do it there."

The elderly witches looked at each other and let out a small fit of laughter. "And be subject to the sharp tongue and wit of Doera?" They shook their heads.

Amelia Bones sighed as she looked at Harry and Daphne, "It seems like you wee hit with the Potter Curse."

"What is the curse, anyway?" Blaise asked, he and his mother looking interested.

"Beautiful witches with wicked wit and dry humor." Harry smiled down the table, "Throughout our entire tree, all the way back to Hardwin and Iolanthe. They are the ones who put the curse on the main branch of the family anyways."

"You can't call it a curse is your attracted to a single type of woman." Daphne huffed.

"Oh, they aren't," Augusta cut back in, "The Potter Curse refers to the fact that every woman married into the family have or has smarts and sass to boot. I remember Big Sister Euphemia and Dorea arguing in a way that sounded like they were gossiping."

"Not to mention how Fleamont and Charlus would sit back and watch, looking like love sick fools." Minerva laughed lightly.

Harry's face split into a grin as he and Daphne glanced at each other, their eyes becoming the all too familiar soft. The table watched as they seemed to have a silent conversation, although they were brushing their magic against their bond.

The feeling they both got from doing so was undesirable, but as Daphne leaned over and pressed a warm kiss to his cheek, she knew that Magic still had more to bless them with.

============================

Gifts were shared throughout the next day, filling the day with love and laughter. As the day wore into afternoon and evening, the group calmed down.

As the moon rose higher in the sky, nearing midnight, Harry called their attention. "Those that are participating in the Rites of Yule, you know where to take your partners. Those of you who aren't, after the lighting, gifts, and ceremony, do not leave the house. You'll thank me for that advise tomorrow."

As instructed earlier in the day, they were wearing simple cotton robes for the ceremony.

A few minutes afterward, Augusta led the way into the night. Behind her followed Harry and Daphne, with the others lined behind.

They stood gathered around the pyre, their wands raised. Elaine and Petunia had their hands raised, and Robert was safely inside the house with the twins and Granger parents.

"We gather tonight under the Yule Moon to welcome in the new year." Augusta said into the night.

Magic seemed to answer her as the wind blew around them, the surrounding forest creaking and coming to life.

"We stand before the Old Mother and the Horned God. We call out to the Faceless Ones to heed us, to guide us tonight and into the new year."

She began to chant in Gaelic, the wind around them growing stronger, magic condensing around their wands and hands.

At the climax of the chant they thrust the power towards the pyre, the gathered wild magic engniting in a bright flame.

"We give these gifts as an offering," She called out loudly as she threw a picture from the day Neville was born into the fire.

Similar gifts of sentimental and personal value was offered into the fire. Daphne and Harry offered the same gift, a pair of couples bracelets that he had won them.

After Augusta finished her chant she led the way back to the manor.

============================

The many couples went their different ways, though they could all hear the tinkling laughter of Daphne, and what they could only call a large animal.

Daphne ran from Harry in his lion form, he chased her deep into the property, into the heart of the forest surrounding Potter Manor.

Daphne was panting for breath as she came upon the clearing. The full moon bathed the area in light, shining off the black bear pelt. Under the bear lay a larger silver fur. Wild flowers were sprinkled around the clearing, reminding Daphne of their meadow in the Room of Requirements.

Harry came up behind her, scooping her into his arms and giving her a grin. She could only laugh as he carried her to the furs.

He placed her down, leaning down and pressing a kiss to her lips. It was different from their shared pecks good morning or night, as this was slow and passionate.

Daphne let out a small gasp as she felt him pull the strings of her robes loose, brushing them off her shoulders.

He had already removed his before transforming, so her fingers slide up his chest as Harry pulled her closer to him.

His body rumbled with a growl as he moved his mouth to her jaw and neck, tasting her skin. Her hand threaded into his hair as she moaned, urging him on.

Harry laid her on the furs, his hands exploring her body. He palmed and cupped her breasts before taking them into his mouth.

Daphne's light touch caressed his back and torso, her fingers tracing every muscle and scar line as she cried out. She begged him for more, urging him on with sultry requests.

His mouth tasted every inch of her skin, leaving bruises and marks on her. Daphne made sure to return the favor in full, kissing and bruising him as the night went on.

They were already in the throws of passion even before he penetrated her womanhood. When he finally did, they forgot caution and explored the ecstasy of their bodies together.

Magic pulsed strongly from within the forest as she witnessed their union. It was slow buning and everlasting between the two. They were gentle, caring, rough, and wild throughout the night and into the morning.

Their joining together blocked all others out, it was only the two of them in that little clearing. They left no part of their bodies untouched by the other.

During their union, they voiced their feelings for the other for the first time. Admitting that they were falling so helplessly in love with the other while experiencing unknown pleasure at the hands of the other.

They lay under the full moon, blessed once more by Magic that night. They gave themselves to the other, submitting to their carnal desires. They lay as man and wife seven times that night, falling asleep to the morning sun before waking in the late afternoon only to make love to the other three more times.

============================

On the evening of the twenty-sixth, a large lion could be seen walking back toward Potter Manor, a sleeping woman draped over its back. The woman was covered by a bear pelt and could be seen wearing a smile in her sleep as she cuddled the lion's neck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 243 35
A HARRY POTTER AND DRACO MALFOY FAN-FICTION. ALL HOGWARTS HOUSES INCLUDED. Please don't think this is a love/romantic story because it is NOT. So pl...
4.4K 193 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N was adopted by the Weasleys long ago and raised as one of the...
26.1K 850 30
Enid Lupin was the daughter of Remus Lupin. Enid was Remus's pride and joy, and he would do absolutely anything for her. When she was born, he was te...
723 61 20
Get ready to experience the Wizarding World like never before in "Harry Potter and the Unbreakable Bonds"! This exciting fanfiction asks the question...