Unexpected Gifts

De Dyn_Arxon

Throughout his life, he never knew the love of his parents, but he knew he was loved by them. We all know of... Mai multe

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Charter IV
Chapter V
Charter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIIII
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Update

Chapter VIII

3.1K 85 0
De Dyn_Arxon

With November being upon them, Harry and Daphne decided to buckle down on her extra studies. Though she wasn't alone as Hermione, Susan, and Professor Flitwick joined.

Harry found it comical that he was the one teaching his professor something, a thought that tickled the aged Charms master.

"Yes, well, I can't think of any wizard during our time that would know such languages." He chuckled with Harry, who could only nod his agreement.

Many hours during the weeks were spent with their noses in books and listening as Harry lectured about the languages of old.

Daphne was often shaken from a reverie as she watched her intended. Hermione would comment about focusing on their studies, whereas Susan would give the girl a knowing smirk and tease her when they found themselves alone.

Susan wasn't the only one to play fun at Daphne, Tracey happily joined in.

Harry was, naturally, in a similar position with Neville and Hermione.

They were qued against the wall outside Transfiguration, which Gryffindor shared with the Puffs, when Harry was being picked on by both cousins and his best friend.

He could only heave a heavy sigh as he stared at them, his eyes sharp and seeming to have turned to slits, "I would greatly appreciate being left alone to explore my feelings for Daphne. This is new for us both and we're taking our time."

Neville chuckled, a playful smirk on his face, "So you admit to having feelings for her?"

Spinning on him, Harry growled out, "How can I not?! She's who I go to bed at night, and who I wake to. When have I ever acted like that for anyone?"

He turned to look at Susan and Hermione, raising the question to them. They didn't have an answer, so Harry growled once more, "I can feel her. Do you know how mad it drives me to know that I'm able to feel her when she's on the other side of the castle? Do you know that my magic pushes me to her? Let's not forget that I'm fifteen." He groused heavily.

His rant had drawn the attention of the others around them. To the other Gryffindor and Hufflepuff teenagers Harry was radiating power. It was rolling off him in nearly tangible waves. It was powerful enough to draw the attention of the class of Slytherin and Ravenclaw third years as they came out of the Transfiguration classroom.

"Do you know just how mad it drives me to know that she's in the library?" He growled at Neville, though the boy looked to be grinning. "Do you even know what she does to me?"

A giggling laugh interrupted him, a young girl clad in Slytherin robes walked up to Harry and bounced on the balls of her feet. "You've got it bad for my sister, Harry." She giggled happily at him.

She ooohed as his predatory eyes snapped to her, and only seemed to giggle more as he ground out, "Astoria."

"So, when can I expect to be an aunt?" She asked, eliciting a huff from him.

"When we're graduated and married."

"Then you better start taking advanced lessons. You aren't getting married for another year and a half, and I'm giving you two before I expect a niece or nephew to spoil." She placed her hands on her hips and stared up at her future brother-in-law, something that made him growl at the girl.

"It's up to Magic when we have a child," He said roughly.

Astoria only snorted and waved him off, "After the magic from August I'm surprised you haven't yet. I mean, even Father felt from within his office."

Hermione, Neville, and Susan looked like they were going to pop from the laughter they were holding back. Harry stared down at the young girl but turned on his heel and left. He growled under his breath, "I need my wife," but no one other than Professor McGonagall caught what he said.

"What was that all about?" She asked the quartet of students who were picking fun at Harry, only for the three fifth years to fall to the floor in a fit of hysterics.

Astoria smiled and nodded soundly, "We were only giving him the push he needed to admit he loves my sister, Professor."

============================

In his rush to find Daphne, Harry didn't notice that he had transformed while walking the halls.

It wasn't until he nearly trampled the Charms Professor that he noticed. He tried to apologize but it came out as a huffed growl.

Professor Flitwick waved jovially as he smiled, "I'm sure you didn't mean to. You're giving off a strong bit of magic, Mr. Potter, do you need assistance?"

Harry's left ear flicked and he growled softly, causing the other to nod.

"Company to help you find your indented then?" Flitwick offered in good nature, he got a flick of Harry's right ear as he began to walk again. Flitwick fell several paces behind Harry as they walked towards the library.

Daphne, having felt something was wrong through their bond, had come to find him as well. Daphne was using the bond to locate Harry, but he was tracking her scent, so they entered the west wing's second floor from opposite sides.

A crowd of students balked at the sight of the gargantuan lion. A Hufflepuff Perfect tried to step in his path, but got glared and growled at.

Professor Flitwick, still several paces behind Harry, called, "Please mind the way! Press to the wall please!"

The students seemed to take his words seriously as they nearly hugged the wall. They stared in wonder and amazement as Daphne reached the beast. They quickly thought her mad as she began to coo over it.

"What's happened? Are you alright?" She asked the lion as Harry rubbed his large head against her torso, her hands stroking his neck and ears softly.

Listening to the deep huffs and growls from him, she watched his ears flick. "I thought something had happened, I felt my magic pull." She shook her head lightly.

"As long as your sure that you're alright," She sighed when he huffed into her robes. "You weren't rude to them were you?"

The chuffed and shook it's great head, draping it on her shoulder.

Daphne, for the life of her, smiled brightly as she wrapped her arms around his head and hugged his. "You're a lot more forthcoming while in this form, you know."

She whispered into his ear, stroking his neck slowly. Whatever she said to him caused his head to pull back, his eyes opened wide as he stared at her.

His reaction caused Daphne to laugh, "You're too easy."

The lion took exception to this and took the front of her robes in it's maw. The underclassmen only heard her tinkling laughter down the halls.

============================

November quickly gave way to December, and the winter hols were fastly upon them.

Harry had been leaving little gifts for Daphne throughout the growing month, something that she found sweet of him.

"Harry, you didn't need to get me these," She called from the sitting room.

Harry, having been in the bathroom brushing his teeth, answered loudly, "You told me your others are starting to wear out."

What were they? Selma skin gloves. The shed skin was layered thinly over silver silk. The were long, sleek, and very attractive looking.

"What serpent is it from? Or is it dragon?" She asked as she looked from the gloves to him.

"Tussisss said that since he can't join us at the Winter Ball then at least part of him will be with us." Harry explained, walking over dressed in a crisp shirt and jeans.

"So, we're flooing to Greengrass Manor to explain our situation to mom and dad?"

"Also to have your dad accompany me to take up my rings," Harry nodded, "But yes, we're going to tell your parents that to our magic, we're already married."

Smiling up at her husband, she rolled her eyes at the little girl happily dancing inside her head, and leaned against him. "After that we're taking back to your manor until they choose to go home?"

"We're hosting the Fire this year, and offering the Rites of Yule to those of age." Harry said as he wrapped his arms around her, pressing her against himself.

Leaning up on her toes, Daphne laid a light kiss to his jaw as she pulled away. "Let's eat some breakfast before flooing over."

"Alright, but we might want to keep it light. Maisey is going to be so thrilled to have people over that she's doing to push herself to do everything."

"Such is a struggle of having a family elf that's older than your personal one."

============================

After a breakfast of fruit and toast, Harry and Daphne made their way to Professor McGonagall's office. They were quickly waved toward the Floo with a smile.

"I'll see you after the hols," She said behind them.

In the moment of hearing her, they were then spat from the fire into the main sitting room or Greengrass Manor. Landing with his body braced, Harry relaxed and brushed ash from their clothes.

Anna Greengrass greeted them, her arms wrapped around their shoulders warmly, "Harry, Daphne, I'm so glad you're here."

"It's only been a few months," Daphne smiled at her mother.

Pulling back from them, she smiled, "That may be so, but I've missed my daughters. I've also found myself missing you, Harry."

She smiled motherly at the couple, to which they could only smile back.

"Are Cyrus and Astoria around?" Harry asked, "We have some news that we would like to share with you. And Daphne has a request of Cyrus."

"Come on then, they're in the sunroom watching the snow." Anna smiled and began to lead them to the others.

"Harry!" Astoria called loudly as she sprang up from her seat, bouncing over to the couple and her mother happily.

"If you jump on me, I'm letting you hit the floor." He told her, his face clear of emotion. This seemed to upset the younger girl, as she began to make her way back to her seat, pouting.

Daphne, laughing at her sister, smiled at her father, "We know that you've questioned us on what happened at the beginning of August, and we've known since a couple of weeks after term started."

"Our family magics bonded us together at that moment," Harry regarded Cryus seriously but respectfully.

Cryus, for his excitement, stood and approached them, a strong air around him. "That's a very bold claim, to state that our magics joined you both."

"And yet all of my family magic accepted Daphne as my Lady those months ago," Harry stated, not standing down from Cyrus. This was a test, a show of the strength of Harry's character.

"And you're alright with this?" Anna asked Daphne as she joined her husband, "You accepted the full weight of the bond between you?"

She shook her head as she smiled at her mother, "Not at first. We went on dates and spend time getting to know each other. We've not yet voiced our acceptance, but our bond is growing stronger."

"We wanted to take our time, and I'm still courting her." He smiled as he wrapped his arm around her waist, drawing her close.

Daphne smiled and leaned into him, her sapphires meeting emerald orbs. Cryus and Anna watched their daughter and new son, staring at them seriously before Anna smiled and wrapped her arms around the teenagers.

Astoria, having watched the display, was confused. "What does this mean?"

"It means Harry and Daphne are married in magic." Cryus smiled at his youngest daughter.

Astoria squealed and began to talk excitedly about now having an older brother.

============================

After nearly an hour of conversation, where Harry and Daphne were permitted to start her animagus training and were told that the form of Occlumency they would use was registered as a legal marital binding. They quickly decided to register their use of it with the Ministery today.

That's what found Harry walking up the stairs to Gringotts with Cyrus.

"You said that magic bonded you, wouldn't that normally merge our houses?" Cyrus asked curiously.

"Normally," Harry nodded as he entered the bank, "I'm going to change the House of Potter, a bit. I'll explain in front of Griphook."

He smiled and greeted the goblin teller, informing them of a meeting with Griphook.

The teller was going to answer but was shouted down as the mentioned goblin was waiting. "Harry, Lord Greengrass!"

He walked over to the men and gave them a fanged grin, "How are you two this time of year?"

"Well, thank you."

"We're here for my rings and to knock some dust off a couple of old arses." Harry chuckled.

"Yes, let's move this to the office then shall we?"

Agreeing, they quickly sat within the private confines of the office.

"Alright, Harry," the goblin began as he placed several ring boxes on his desk, "You have the Lord Rings for the Houses of Potter, Black, Peverell, Gryffindor, Slytherin, and Lady Ring for Evanshade for your intended."

"Magically, she is my wife, Griphook." He explained to him.

"Then the magic of the Evanshade family will accept her when you accept the Slytherin ring."

"And you're sure I can't hold claim over the Throne of Wessax? Neville and Susan would get a hoot out of it." Harry asked.

Shaking his head, Griphook laughed, "You're one of the last living links to the Council of Druids, hold a quarter of the Founding Twelve seats, and ask about the Throne?"

He laughed louder and shook his head, "The Throne was lost. It was broken down by legislation and torn apart."

Harry pouted slightly and rolled his eyes. "Alright, that's fair enough I guess."

"This is what you'll need to say," Griphook held out a piece of parchment.

Taking it, Harry opened the first box, it housing a golden ring with a bright ruby. The family motto of "Honora sanguinem tuum" was embedded around the gem.

He placed the ring on his left middle finger, smiling at it before he opened the opened the Black ring, it was a glimmering onyx embedded in an ivory ring, the motto of "Toujours Pur" stamped into the ivory.

He continued like this, taking out the Gryffindor, Peveral, and Slytherin rings from their boxes.

The Gryffindor ring was made from Goblin gold with a thick garnet carved into a lion's head placed in it. The Slytherin was made of silver, two bright emeralds being embedded as the eyes of a fanged serpent. The Peverell ring was different, it was made from white metal with a large piece of obsidian placed in it. It held a carving of a triangle holding a circle with a line running down the middle of the mark. The obsidian seemed to be cracked but as Harry slid it onto his right middle finger, the glass stone repaired itself.

The Black ring went on his left index finger, while the Gryffindor and Slytherin were placed on his right.

Taking a deep breath, Harry stood tall as he began to give his oath, "I, Hadrian James Potter, claim the Lordships of Houses Potter, Black, Peverell, Gryffindor, and Slytherin. I swear to uphold and honor my birthright and duty to all mentioned houses. I swear to uphold all House Values and beliefs. As I have sworn, so mote it be."

Magic collected around him strongly, the family magics of the rings testing him.

Cryus felt a chill take over his spine as he watched Harry let out a deep growl, the primal sound ended with a hiss of parseltongue.

Griphook gave a feral smile as he watched the magic collect around the young man. He stood and bowed to him as the same magic collected inside him.

"Lord Potter," he said respectfully. He was waved off by a smiling Harry.

"There's no need for formality among friends." He laughed as he pocketed the Ladyship ring of Evanshade.

Cyrus also noted that he picked up a smaller ring box, "What's that one?" He asked his son-in-law.

Smiling at the box, Harry slipped it into a pocket of his robes, "Daphne's engagement ring. We're married in magic, but our wedding isn't until the summer."

"Ah." He said, smiling. "So it's also a Yule gift as well."

"Let's head off to the Ministery to finish today's business before joining the girls at mine, shall we?"

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

56.4K 1.9K 42
sequel to Loving You the last installment of the Draco Malfoy Love Story Series the one thing that i will always remember about my father is the stor...
628K 14.4K 40
{!VERY! VERY! OLD! STORY!} Y/N is the granddaughter of Dumbledore but one day her parents were killed by Voldemort only family Y/N had left was your...
50K 1.6K 19
Harry Potter. The only survivor when Lord Voldemort attacked his home. His parents died, the house was destroyed, but he made it, with nothing more t...
Malfoy and Me De HoneyComb

Ficțiune generală

100 1 19
Dive into the world of magic.. You've been left Hogwarts for seven years now and find yourself out of work, you end up applying for a job at the Malf...