Smile

By BabyBillieGoat

Celestia wants to leave her home and get as far away as possible from her alcoholic mother. When she stumbles... More

Authors Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
!!NEW STORY!!

20

3.4K 148 15
By BabyBillieGoat

August 23

Kai, like he promised, took me to the fair. He also bought me more clothes than I've seen in my entire life and after we went through them all, he helped me learn what I liked. I still somehow ended up dressing just like him in a baggy hoodie with a tank underneath and sweatpants.

"Let's go on a roller coaster first!"

"Fuck no."

Jax and Aurua also came.

"You don't get to choose, this is for Celestia. Not you two." Kai rolled his eyes slightly as he turned toward me. "What do you want to do, Moonie?" He spoke softly as he stared down at me.

I was nervous. I don't know why, it's just the fair and it's not like I haven't spent time with Kai outside of work before. I mean, I technically live with him right now so I really don't know why it's so awkward for me.

I scanned the area slowly, hoping to find a sign of something that maybe Kai would like but I don't know what Kai would like.

"Hey," my head snapped back toward him to see him smiling down at me. "Don't look for something I would like." He chuckled softly as I stiffened up. "I took you here for you to have fun and I'll have fun doing whatever you want to do. Okay?"

I nodded slightly, my eyes darting away from his. "Okay." I breathed out, my hands running over the front of my clothes as I hummed lowly.

"Kai?" I looked up at him.

He hummed as he turned toward me, his eyebrows tenting upward as he waited for my answer.

"Can you choose first?" I said lowly, my embarrassment unable to hide between the walls of my throat any longer.

He chuckled sweetly, his adams apple bobbing in his throat as the wind blew through his hair. "Whatever you want, Moonie." He searched around, his eyes darting through the hundreds of options around us.

"You want to go with something easy?"

"It doesn't matter."

He hummed before taking my hand in his and leading me down the pathway and through the crowds of people.

"Where the fuck are you going?!" Jax called out and Kai ignored him.

I looked back to see him jogging to catch up with us and Aurua walking behind him.

"Where are we going?"

"On a roller coaster."

"Isn't that what Aurua suggested?"

He scoffed, his eyebrows shifting as his emotion rose across his face. "No, it's what I suggested."

I giggled lightly, my hand tightening in his. "Ok."

When we finally reached the line for the roller coaster and I saw what it was called, I regretted letting him choose for me. "Why is it called... 'The Destroyer' ?"

Kai stuffed his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "Fuck if I know. Sounds cool and it'll help you get comfortable."

"What if I don't want to?"

He glanced back at me, the most bland look on his face. "Then we get out of line, duh."

I blinked up at him. "Why are you so calm?"

"Because there isn't anything to be afraid of."

"What if the ride collapses and we die?"

A wide smile spread across is face as he burst into laughter. "What?" He leaned down in front of me, his eyes laughing louder than his voice and I couldn't help but smile at him. "I didn't know you were like this Moonie. You're scared?"

"Of course."

He pressed his lips together gently, his face still in front of mine. "Don't be. I'll even let you hold my hand. Ya know, in case I get scared."

His sweet voice and silly but reassuring words did the job. Or maybe I was too focused on his sparkling brown eyes to think about the death trap I was about to go on. "Don't throw up on me."

He chuckled lightly as he stood up straight and stuffed his hands back into his pockets. "No promises Moonie. You know I'm a scaredy cat."

"Hey! Kai!" We both looked back as we saw Jax and Aurua push through the line of people behind us. "What the fuck did you run off like that for?"

"Stop swearing." Aurua pushed past him and stood next to me. I stared down at her as she looked through her purse. "I'm so tired of being related to him." She sighed, her voice slightly muffled.

"He's constantly proving the blonde stereotype right."

I've changed a bit since knowing Kai but I'm still not a social butterfly by any means so I still don't know what I'm supposed to say in 'friendly' situations.

"Are you nervous." She looked up at me blankly, a dull look in her eyes.

"Not really..." I glanced up at Kai who was staring blankly at Jax as he talked. "Anymore."

Aurua smiled sweetly at me as her head tilted to the side. "What?" I questioned.

She shook her head gently before stepping between the two boys in line and up onto the platform.

"Sit with me." Aurua pulled Jax down next to her, forcing Kai and I into the two seats behind her.

Kai sat down in the cart and I sat down next to him. He strapped himself in and I did the same. When the employees came around the check out straps, the nerves set in.

"Moonie,"

I hummed, my heart in my throat as I squeezed my eyes shut. I don't think I'm one to get scared and I definitely wouldn't have been scared of dying a week ago but if someone saves your life, it feels kinda wasteful to die on a roller coaster ya know?

"Can you hold my hand? I'm scared."

My eyes shot open as I stared up at Kai. Even though he wasn't smiling, his eyes were and I could tell that he wasn't scared even a little bit. I glanced down at his hand that lingered in the air between us. "Please?" He smiled softly as he squinted a bit and his hand reached out slightly for me.

I grabbed his hand in mine, my grip much tighter than his. "Hold on tight." I mumbled.

"Of course."

And like that, we went off. We started slow as the ride crept along the tracks. I could feel my heart in my hand as I squeezed Kai's harder.

We came to what felt like a stop as we reached the top. "Get ready." Kai chuckled lightly, his hand jittering in excitement.

"For—"

I think I'm dying.

My whole body shook as Kai held onto me. He was laughing and I don't think I could even speak right now.

"Are you ok, Celestia?" I held onto the back of Kai's shirt tighter than before, completely ignoring Jax's question.

"Leave her alone, Jax." Aurua pulled him in front of us as Kai finally stopped laughing.

"Are you okay Moonie? Did you have fun?"

I looked up at him, my answer being obvious.

He chuckled as he pulled me as close as he could get me. "I'm sorry, Moonie. Are you ok?" He chuckled softly and I nodded.

"That was...fun. I think." I replied slowly.

"We can go on the bumper cars next if you want, those are slow but they're still fun." Aurua looked back at me. "Or we can eat. Whatever you want."

"Let's eat." Jax sighed, his hand resting on his stomach as he turned toward Kai and I and began walking backward. "You wanna eat, Cel?" He spoke to me as if I were a child with the capabilities of a nine month old.

"No." I responded plainly, my eyes unintentionally lowering as I stared at him.

He sighed and turned back around as Aurua tugged on his jacket.

"Look! A haunted house!" Kai and I watched as Jax dragged Aurua off in the direction of the dark building covered in Halloween decorations.

"It's August." My voice came out sluggish sounding.

"We can just wait for them to come out. There are plenty of places to just sit."

I let Kai go and wrapped my arms around my self as I sighed. "We can go."

Kai stopped in his tracks and tugged on the back of my hoodie, signaling for me to stop as-well. "Don't let Jax pressure you into doing anything. We can sit down or we can go do something else while we wait. We can even go fucking home if you want, okay? I don't give a shit about them, this is your day."

Between his serious tone, his grip on my hoodie, and the slightly frustrated look in his eyes that I couldn't understand, I am once again speechless.

Kai is the only person who can make me speechless. Not speechless in the sense that I don't want to talk but in the sense that I can't. Words bubble up into nothing when he looks at me and it's a shock that I get out anything at all. I feel this way while also wholeheartedly believing that I would only talk to him if it came down to that being a choice.

My personality with Kai is doing a complete 180.

I nodded up at him, his grip letting go of my hoody.

"So what do you want to do, Moonie?" He spoke softly.

I inhaled gently, my lips forming a smile I didn't know I was holding. "I want to go inside the haunted house. With you."

He stared down at me with eyes that could hold an entire galaxy. He smiled as he tilted his head back, a soft almost inaudible chuckle escaping his throat. He took a deep breath and I watched as he closed his eyes, his smile remaining on his lips.

He tilted his head back down to look at me. "I'll follow you anywhere, Moonie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 6.6K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
7.1K 266 24
A world where she got every man to do exactly what she asked them to....except one. He was broken and soon he'd break her too. She wanted his atten...
1.4M 45.3K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
596K 24.1K 62
How does it feels to know that your mother left you at the doorstep of some orphanage as soon as you were born? abandoning you? This story is about...