I Think I Like Him - KuroKen

By gzerbe13

"So, What's on your mind? You've been distracted all day." Bokuto asked. Oh, he noticed. "That's why I wanted... More

~Authors Notes~
~Chapter One~
~Chapter Two~
~Chapter Three~
~Chapter Five~
~Chapter Six~
~Chapter Seven~
~Chapter Eight~
~Chapter Nine~
~Chapter Ten~
~Chapter Eleven~
~Chapter Twelve~
~Chapter Thirteen~
~Chapter Fourteen~
~Chapter Fifteen~
~Chapter Sixteen~
~Chapter Seventeen~
~Ending Notes~

~Chapter Four~

216 8 4
By gzerbe13

The next day Kenma and I woke up to the sun shining into my bedroom window. We didn't have any alarms set since it was the weekend, so we slept in until around ten in the morning. Kenma was the first one awake. When I got up I saw Kenma sitting at my desk watching YouTube on his phone.

"Good morning...how long have you been up?" I asked Kenma.

"Not long, maybe an hour. I've just been sitting here watching youtube."

"Okay, so not long. What did you wanna do today?"

"Arcade?" He suggested. I was definitely down to go to the arcade. I pulled out clothes to get dressed in, going with a pair of black jeans, a white t-shirt, and a maroon, gold, and white plaid button up shirt that I rolled the sleeves up to. Kenma was in a pair of ripped black jeans, a random graphic t-shirt, and a thin black jean jacket that had a hood on it. Not gonna lie, the outfit looks really good on him.

Once we were dressed, and I was done being distracted by him, we headed to the train station so we could get closer to the arcade.

When we got to where we needed to be, we got off the train and started walking the streets. The arcade was only a few blocks over from the station, so it wasn't too bad of a walk.

When we got there we headed right over to the machine to fill the cards we've already had from the previous times we've been here.

"So, what game first?" I asked.

"Skeeball. I'm going to beat your ass this time." He said, running over to the blue and purple machines. Last time we were here I got a higher score than he did on these machines.

We played a few rounds until he actually did win a round. I might have intentionally sucked so he could beat me though. That's one of the few games that I'm better than Kenma at.

After skeeball we headed over to some of the other games, trying to win as many tickets as we could. We've been saving up for some of the bigger ticket items in the case.

When we decided to head over to the coin pushers we ran into a few familiar faces.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you guys here." I said to Bokuto and Akaashi. Both of them were at a coin pusher.

"Hey! The hell are you guys doing out this way?" Bokuto asked.

"Playing games, obviously." Kenma answered.

"Well...yeah, I guess that's what you'd be doing in an arcade. We were just about to grab some food, you guys wanna come with? We're just going to the pizza place next door and then coming back." Bokuto offered. We got here not too long ago, but we accepted the offer and headed next door to the pizza place.

The four of us sat down at the first table we saw, which was one close to the door. Once we had ordered what we wanted we got to talking. We were mostly talking about the training camp that was coming up next weekend. We were all excited, but we got excited for every camp.

Soon the pizza came. We ate while we joked around and talked and then we headed back over to the arcade.

Kenma and Akaashi went off to play some racing games, leaving Bokuto and I over at the coin pushers. This was my chance to talk to him, but I also would rather have the conversation I want to at home or somewhere a bit more private.

"Hey, Bokuto, are you busy tomorrow?" I asked.

"No, why?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the coin pusher he was playing on.

"I was wondering, if Kenma doesn't sleep over again, do you maybe want to sleep over tonight."

"Yeah, I'm down." He nodded.

"Okay..." I nodded. Now I just had to figure out what Kenma's plans were for the night.

Kenma and Akaashi came back over to us after a few rounds of racing. Between the four of us, we had the DC coin pushers on lockdown and we were combining cards to see if we could make a whole set. We were like three cards away.

While we stood, I talked to Kenma, trying to figure out what his plans were. He had said he had plans to play video games with Shoyo tonight and was heading back over to his place later today. So, I guess that means Bokuto was sleeping over at my place.

After a few more hours of playing the coin pushers, we decided to head out. We weren't getting anywhere with finding the last few cards and we didn't want to go broke trying.

The four of us headed to the train station together. Kenma was going straight home, so was Akaashi, and Bokuto and I were heading to his place to grab stuff for him to sleep over before heading back to my place for the night.

When we got to his place, we headed straight up to his room to grab some things for him to sleep over and then headed back to the train station to head to my place.

We were quiet most of the way home. We talked here and there about video games and stuff, but I was distracted. I was trying to get over my nerves and ask him about the issue I have.

I was nervous. Kenma and I usually are so open about our feelings, but Bokuto and I, we've never had a conversation like this. I'm scared he's going to think I'm a pussy or some shit because I wanted to talk about feelings.

When we finally got to my house, we went right up to my room. I sat down in my desk chair and he sat on my bed.

"So, What's on your mind? You've been distracted all day." Bokuto asked. Oh, he noticed.

"That's why I wanted you to sleep over. I have a few things stuck in my head and have no fucking clue what to think about anything."

"Okay, What's going on?"

"You're gay, right?"

"Well, yeah, I'm not sure what that-"

"I think...I think I might be gay." I cut him off. I came out with it.

"It's Kenma, isn't it?" He smiled.

"Yeah, I don't know though. Yaku had said something as a complete joke and that's what got me thinking about it. He said Kenma and I are acting like we're dating with how close we are sometimes, and so I got to thinking and now I think I've just confused myself." I explained.

"How do you feel about him?"

"I don't know. He's my best friend. I'd be lost without him, and I'm sure he'd be lost without me. We've known each other since we were like seven."

"What things specifically have you questioning your sexuality?" He asked. I thought about it for a minute and then went on to ramble about everything. How I hate seeing him upset and hurt, how his smile makes me happy, how I want to spend all my free time with him or talking to him, how I worry about him, how I'd always be there for him day or night, how often he's on my mind, the thing from last night about the bed. It felt Like I was talking for hours, but I knew it was only a few minutes. Bokuto didn't interrupt me once, he let me get out every thought that was in my head.

"Okay...so...I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you're probably a little bit gay." He laughed a bit when I did finally stop talking.

"How do I know that though? I haven't really been in a relationship before, and I've never had any feelings like this towards a girl so - oh my god I'm definitely gay."

"Yep." Bokuto laughed some more.

"What do I do about it?"

"Well, you can either push your feelings down, which I don't recommend. Or, you could talk to Kenma. Tell him how you feel."

"What if he's not gay?"

"You can always ask him, I'm surprised this conversation hasn't ever come up between the two of you before."

"Okay, but imagine we start dating. What happens if we break up, there goes my whole world."

"Yes, that's a risk you'll take, but I think the two of you are almost a perfect match. Have you ever gotten into any fights as friends?"

"No, not any serious ones anyways And what will other people think? What will the rest of the team think?"

"It doesn't matter what they think. All that matters is what you and him think and want. That's it. The world is cruel, and you have to build your own happiness around it sometimes."

"I just don't want to make his life worse. Fuck my life, I don't give a shit about what happens to me. I don't want anything to happen to him."

"What could happen to him? How would what anyone else thinks harm him?"

"He already has bullies after him. If they find out he likes guys there's no telling what they might do."

"Ah...that is a tough one. In that case, maybe the only people that need to know are people you trust. Me, Akaashi, Carrot Top, maybe Yaku. Not everyone needs to be all up in your business if you don't want them to be."

"You think I should talk to him about it?"

"Get your mind cooled off, get your thoughts straight, go to him tomorrow. Tonight, let's have some fun and keep your mind occupied." He said. I nodded. I turned on the TV and the XBox and put in a Call of Duty game for us to play. I let my mind drop everything that was stuck in my head all day and tried to just relax. When we got bored of video games, we headed downstairs to watch movies for the rest of the night. 

~Word Count~
~1670~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 810 12
Just some one shots of BakuDeku!💥🥦 I am open to requests❤ Yes this art is mine, so credit to me lol.
531K 19.1K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
84.4K 1.3K 7
Just a random book of the ship I love. Fluff Angst Some Bakubottom Some Todobottom Requests are open Updates will very much vary on my inspiration t...
97.3K 2.5K 5
Noya gets injured, which finally gives Asahi an excuse to take care of him instead of the other way around. However, with Noya constantly leaning on...