Over and Over- an Adam Gontie...

By nothingisworking

Katie Cortman is a Three Days Grace fanatic. When her best friend Lily Baker get her front row tickets and ba... More

Over and Over- 1
All I Wanted was a Car- 2
Last Cigarette-3
Stage Fright-4
And then He Kissed Me-5
Faithfully- 6
Highway to Hell- 7
Walking in Memphis- 8
Racing in the Street- 9
Juke Box Hero- 10
Blame it on the Alcohol- 11
Bicycle- 12
Fun in the Sun- 13
Trouble in Paradise- 14
Mama- 15
Viva Las Vegas- 16
Livin' la Vida Loca- 17
Doctor What?- 18
Before He Cheats- 20
When I'm Gone- 21
Lovin' Every Minute Of It- 22
Summer of '69 - 23
It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing- 24
L-O-V-E - 25
You Shook Me

New Kid In Town- 19

869 18 9
By nothingisworking

Chapter 19

2 months later

Life on the road was hectic. Never staying in one place for too long, always performing, always nights in strange beds that didn't feel or smell quite right. I think it's safe to say that I loved and hated it at the same time. The places I had been: Las Vegas, Seattle, Miami, New York. I never thought that I would ever be able to visit any of these places and more. But now, as soon as it started, I was back in my apartment in Greenville.

"It's only for a couple of weeks," Adam said before they left. "We'll be back to get you soon, I promise."

"Yeah, but where are you going?" I asked.

"I don't even know," he said, "and apparently you can't either."

After that he and the rest of the band mates left. It's been a little over a week now, and though I've continued on with my life, they're always in my thoughts.

"Come on Katie, let's go already! Do you want to be late?" Lily yelled at me.

"I told you Lily, I'm not going to the movies with you and your boyfriend and "just another one of his friends" if you're trying to set me up with him." I calmly stated back.

"Oh come on, you can't be sure if Adam is even going to come back to get you! You might as well move on, just in case." She retorted.

"Who does that? Moves on, just in case? No Lily, I'm not going." I fell back onto my couch and sat with my arms crossed.

"I've been working out some, on my strength. I'm pretty sure that I could easily carry you out of here." She carried on.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'd like to see you-- ah!"

The couch was gone and I was now dangling over Lily's shoulder. She carried me out of my apartment and down to her car.

After setting me, not very gently, in the passenger seat, she started up the car and we left.

"You know, usually when someone says I'd like to see you try in response to a threat, the person isn't actually supposed to do it." I stated matter-of-factly.

"Well, you wouldn't have come if I didn't try to carry you out of there," she stated in return.

"Fine, I guess you're right." I sighed.

"I'm always right." She said smugly.

I gave her a look. "Don't get cocky. What movie are we going to see anyways?"

"Safe Haven," she muttered sheepishly.

"What."

"..."

"You know I hate love stories!" I exclaimed.

"I know," she mumbled as we turned into the movie theater.

"I won't go see it."

"Well, I already bought the tickets."

"Give them to someone else."

"Hell no!"

"Fine, whatever."

We got out of the car and walked up to where Lily's boyfriend, Austin was waiting with another guy. I have to admit, the guy was cute, but I wasn't giving up on Adam anytime soon.

Lily automatically went over to her boyfriend and hugged him. They went inside the theater, leaving me and the other guy standing outside. He held out his hand and smiled shyly. "Hi, my name's Jake."

I smiled warmly. "Katie."

"That's a nice name. Shall we?" He gestured to the door and held out his hand dramatically.

I laughed and took his hand. "We shall."

We walked into the theater arm in arm like royalty. "So, my lady, would you care for some of this popped corn and a fizzy drink?" Jake imitated in a bad Scottish accent that had me doubled over laughing.

"No, my liege. However, I would enjoy seeing a different movie," I replied in the same bad accent.

His voice went back to normal. "I know. Me too. I mean seriously, a love story? They're all the same anyways."

"That's what I'm saying! I mean come on, guy meets girl, they fall in love, something happens, big argument, BOOM they aren't together. Then sad song, depression, they run back to each other and kiss in the rain. I mean come on, can't you be at least a little bit original sometimes?" I said.

"Wow, I don't think I've ever met a girl who doesn't like sappy love stories." He said.

"Well get used to it buddy boy, I can't stand them." I smiled.

We finally caught up with Lily and Austin, and the four of us walked into the designated theater. Throughout the previews, my attention was completely focused. However, when the movie started, I immediately stopped looking at the screen and started messing around with the seat rest and anything else I could find.

Eventually, I got fed up with sitting still and I left the theater room. Making my way towards the toilet, I checked my phone. The movie had only been on for five minutes. Five wasted minutes of my life. As I was walking out of the bathroom, I ran into Jake.

"Did you get bored of the movie too?" I asked him.

"Yep." He said, popping the 'p'.

"Wanna see a different movie?" I asked him.

"Theater hop? Sure, why not." He answered.

We found a movie that had also just started and walked in to it. It was an action movie that definitely grabbed my attention much quicker than the other one.

When it was over, we walked out of the movie, talking animatedly about it, when we saw Lily and Austin.

"Oh shit..." I muttered.

"Where did you two go? I was worried about you when you didn't come back!" Lily exclaimed, going into 'mother mode'.

"We got bored, so we saw a different movie." Jake calmly replied.

"You saw a different movie, or you 'saw a different movie'?" Austin asked suggestively with a wink.

"Um, no." We stated simultaneously.

"Alright man, whatever." Austin said.

"Hey, Katie, I'm going back to Austin's place so..." Lily trailed off.

"Yeah I get it. Plan B." I nodded. The two guys looked confused.

"What's Plan B?" Jake asked me.

"One of us can't give the other a ride for whatever reason, so the person has to walk home." I explained.

"Somehow, that doesn't exactly seem fair to me." Jake argued.

"I think I can handle myself this once." I said.

"Where do you live?" He replied.

"Why do you need to know?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because I need to know where to go if I'm taking you home." He stated.

"Oh, you don't need to do that. I don't live that far away." I waved it off.

"Nope. I don't want to hear that bull. I'm taking you home. Do I need to carry you out of here?" He said.

"Damn, déjà vu much? Fine, I guess I'll let the guy that I just met take me home." Jake smiled. "Let's go. I'll tell you where I live on the way."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know how long it would've taken you to get home if you had walked? Like, 5 days. You were seriously going to walk that distance?" Jake asked incredulously.

"Nah, somehow I knew you would offer. I couldn't seem helpless though, could I?" I said smugly.

We sat outside of my apartment building, talking.

"But come on, it's like 40 degrees outside. You would've frozen! Of course I was going to offer." Jake sputtered.

"Haha I know, I just like watching you flail." I laughed.

"Cruel."

"Want to come in for some tea? Since it is 40 degrees outside." I smiled.

"Sure, why not?" He said.

We climbed the stairs to my apartment and I unlocked the door and went inside. I through my keys in the bowl and called out, "I'm home!"

"You live with someone?" Jake asked.

"No..."

"Then why did you just say that?"

"Oh, force of habit."

He left it at that, and I set the water on the stove to boil.

"Sugar and milk?" I asked.

"Just sugar, please." He replied.

"How much?"

"Just one scoop."

I made the cups and handed Jake his.

"Dang, you put a lot of sugar in yours." Jake commented after seeing me put the sugar in the cups.

"Everyone says that. I'd rather be a diabetic than have gross tea. Is that all right?" I questioned.

Jake held his hands up in surrender and said no more.

We sat in silence for a while until we finished our drinks. I put the mugs in the sink and Jake grabbed his coat.

"I should probably get going." He said.

"Alright, well maybe I'll see you around." I said.

"Okay." He said, then stood by the door.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Um, nothing."

"Spit it out."

"Well, uh, I was wondering..."

"I'm taken."

"Oh."

"Yep."

"Well..."

"I'll see you around, yeah? I didn't want to make things awkward. Lets just be friends for now." I said.

"Okay, bye." He said hurriedly and left, closing the door quietly behind him.

I sighed and went back into the kitchen to wash the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. Cleaning up and doing a few more things, I began to get ready for bed. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Thinking it was Jake again, I went to the door.

I opened the door, and immediately took a step back. Jake wasn't standing at the door. Instead, it was Neil, and he was covered in blood.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, two months later, she finally updates.

Vote, comment, enjoy

Keep it real babes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
2.2M 113K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
127K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
927K 35.2K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...