our weird friendship anomaly...

By DaytimesMoon

Who knew that escaping a school would result in stumbling upon the world's most dangerous beast? Well, luckil... More

Welcome to Nevermore Academy - 1
Farewell Nevermore Academy - 2
On the Prowl - 3
Howdy? - 4
I Could Just Drown You Right Here - 5
First Stop, Somewhere - 6
A Dog Always Comes Back to Its Owner - 7
A Shopping Spree! - 8
Howl Not Howdy - 9
After the Silence - 10
A Successful Plan - 11
The Search for Wednesday Addams - 12
Third Wolfing Experience's a Charm - 13
Nightmares and Festivals - 14
We Work. We Shouldn't, but We Do - 15
Starved - 16
I Should've Killed You When We Met - 17
Hearts Are Broken - 18
If You Died, I Would've Killed You - 19
Even You Are Music to My Ears - 20
A Change of Plans and A...? - 21
Never Bring a Non-Silver Knife to a Werewolf Fight - 22
Scars and Nicknames - 23
Like a Golden Retriever and a Black Cat, or a Raven? - 25
Time Flies When You're Having Fun - 26
Bury Me in My Blood - 27
Enid Sinclair, The Lonely Werewolf - 28
And the Winds Will Call Your Name - 29
Days Gone By - 30
The Kooky Disappointment - 31
SoulMates - 32
Train to Francisco - 33
"Home" at Last - 34
Don't Say Goodbye... I Hate Goodbyes - 35
Home Is Where the Heart Is - 36
Letters to SoulMates - 37
Surprises, Surprises... 38
Welcome Back to Nevermore Academy - 39
more than just a weird friendship anomaly - 40
Rain - 41

Woe Is Love Mi Sol - 24

865 41 12
By DaytimesMoon

~

Wednesday Addams sighed as her mother droned on.

She wanted to end this dreadful "mother-daughter talk."

With a sharp exhale, she crossed her arms and stared back mundanely, "I am not you, mother."

Her tall, beautiful mother raised a brow.

"As I said- though I excel in such extracurriculars- I will not participate the way you did."

There was a quick moment of silence, "And I will never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family."

Wednesday knew her mother was going to go against her so she found a counter-argument to please her mother's terrible desires from her daughter.

The goth wanted her family to leave as soon as possible from this wretched academy so she can begin her plans of escape.

"But... just to make you satisfied and to leave as soon as possible, I will say... Addams never break promises."

I will NOT fall victim of the Addams curses and traditions evolving around bonds with people, she dedicated that to herself firmly.

And I will never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family...

~

I will NOT fall victim of the Addams curses and traditions evolving around bonds with people.

I am not you, mother.

And I will never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family...

Never fall in love, or be a housewife, or have a family...

Fall in love...

Fall in love.

Fall.

In.

Love.

Love.

When...

When did that seep into me?

That harrowing feeling?

When did that seep into me?

When did my shell become vulnerable and so open?

This curse is a curse. It has found its destiny.

I... couldn't prevent it. I couldn't stop it. I can't cure it.

It's far too late.

But... it might be... a tolerable and favorable feeling. Hopefully... a mutual feeling.

Wednesday rose from the bed, uncrossing her arms and letting out a horrible soft sigh.

It was still pitch black outside, even the street lamps were out and there was no moonlight from the cloudy night-sky.

It was silent.

So silent that to Wednesday's ears, the clock's hands ticked as loud as an annoying student's pencil tapping on a table.

The hanging clock ticked 11:40pm. The hands weren't even designating the new day yet.

She couldn't sleep.

She couldn't sleep at all.

Even after counting bodies hitting the floor and heads dropping from the guillotine, she couldn't sleep. Not even one wink.

She couldn't sleep, all thanks to that realization from earlier.

That realization that she thought she would never come up with. That one cursed word.

Wednesday swiftly fixed her braids and sighed.

Her dark orbs wandered down to under the covers where it was extremely warm. Their legs were tangled up. As always.

Somehow, Enid would always find a way to get their legs interlocked in her sleep.

And then of course there's Enid right there.

Wednesday's gaze slowly shifted up to Enid's sleeping face... admiring her beauty just like last night, yesterday, and all the days before that. Just like every single day, she admired the beautiful face of the blonde.

She doesn't remember when she started, but she had admired her for a long time.

Wednesday still couldn't believe she fell under the curse.

It proved her wrong, she guesses... it was an unstoppable invisible destiny. A second grim reaper.

She couldn't believe it...

She ached and starved for Enid's touch.

She let Enid touch her.

And she would always find herself gazing too long at Enid's pleasing features.

And Enid's color-choices were no longer burning her retinas.

Her scent was always welcoming.

And she was sure Enid felt the same as her... not everybody liked the smell of rain and gray.

And she called Enid pet names in Spanish and German.

She even let Enid come up with a nickname for her.

Enid. Enid. Enid. Enid this, Enid that.

Enid...

Enid Sinclair...

It's you.

Wednesday rubbed her eye, exhaling through her nose. The voice in her head was wrong.

She wasn't destined to be alone.

She did in fact fall under the curse.

That damn Addams Curse.

Despite everything, despite her being always so touchy, unnecessarily sweet in her peculiar ways, everything...

She had fallen for a hyper, werewolf girl. Hard.

She had the passionate fire inside her, burning for a lost girl she found in the forests in the middle of nowhere.

She had the spiders crawl everywhere in her stomach, the spiders that-

"Wednesday?" came the sleepy voice of the cotton-candy blonde.

What are the chances? the goth mentally eye rolled.

She turned her head and looked over her shoulder. Enid's hands were reached out across to her side of the bed, Wednesday assumed she was going to cling onto her but she wasn't there.

She was sitting up instead, gazing over at her and now meeting the half-open crystal blue eyes.

Those blue eyes... those blue eyes that were more dreamy and more beautiful than the ocean and bright blue sky... more beautiful than diamonds and sapphires.

Enid finally opened them to its full size, showing off her magnificent gems, "Hey. This is new... why are you up?" she whispered and gave a small smile.

Her smile.

Since when was she obsessed with smiles?

When did Wednesday feel so satisfied with seeing Enid's pure and wholesome smiles?

Tch, she scoffed at herself mentally.

"I... couldn't sleep," Wednesday answered back quietly.

"Oh... really? Usually you're asleep and you're asleep no matter what. You only ever wake up when I'm having a nightmare, but besides that... nothing has ever woken you up, even when I kinda accidentally dropped Mr. Fox on you," Enid let out the most wonderful sound in the world. Her warm laugh.

It was a small giggle, but it was what Wednesday found herself loving.

Gods, when did Enid's laugh drive her crazy like this?

Tch, again.

Oh, and Mr. Fox was obviously her little orange stuffed animal. The red fox plushie.

"I did notice you dropping "Mr. Fox" on me, that is why I woke up with peeling skin and hives. You better keep your insufferable-wooly abominations away from me," Wednesday said back but with no bite.

And, if that wasn't enough... Enid's smile grew bigger and she let out another small giggle, "Oops, my bad. I know you're joking, but well- I'm sure you would've been fine with Willa dropping on you, considering she's all dark and mysterious like you."

Willa was the black cat. That stuffed animal had taken that name after Wednesday's rejection of it. Quite a strange choice.

"So you couldn't fall back asleep?" Enid raised herself to meet Wednesday's eye level, tilting her head to the side in question.

"I hadn't fallen asleep at all."

"W... what?"

Wednesday looked at her and sighed mutely, "I haven't gotten any amount of sleep."

"What? That's strange. How come?" Enid's eyebrows furrowed in worry, "Are you sick?"

Urgh, the worst kind... lovesick, Wednesday scoffs and stomps on the joking side of her in her mind.

"No, I am not sick in any shape or form. Even if I was, you would feel that my temperature would be the same as yours."

"Um... okay then, so if you're not sick, then what's going on?" Enid hummed, "You can tell me, Wends. I'm here for you and... never leaving!" she gave a small bright grin, "You're gonna be always stuck with me!" she whispered cheerfully.

That is the problem, Wednesday turned her head away, averting her eyes from the gleaming beauty.

"Enid," Wednesday whispered.

"Yes?" the blonde leaned forward with a concerned expression.

"I don't fall asleep and become dormant," the ravenette explained.

"Huh?" Enid squinted her eyes in confusion.

"I don't fall asleep and be "asleep no matter what" like you said," Wednesday elaborated, "I'm still aware of my surroundings... even in my sleep I can hear everything."

"E-everything?" Enid swallowed, her voice suddenly mouse-quiet.

"Enid, why?" the goth looked at her with brazen eyes.

"W-why what?" Enid squeaked, meeting eyes with the goth. Blue and dark locking onto each other... but with Enid observing Wednesday overtime, she has realized Wednesday's eyes were a rich-dark brown. Not black.

And... she has very many faint freckles, not just a few.

"Why what, W-Wednesday? You're- you're scaring me?" Enid chuckled awkwardly.

"Why did you say those words?" the Addams demanded.

"What- what words?"

"You said those words!" Wednesday's quiet voice raised only a tiny bit.

"Those words? What?"

"You said it to me when I was sleeping."

"I said what?"

"You said to me those three words... why didn't you tell me directly?!" Wednesday huffed.

"What- WHAT words?!" Enid grunted, her hands flailing around the bed.

"You didn't tell me directly, you said it to me when I was asleep! Three words!"

"Three words? What are you talking about, Wends, what three words-"

"I love you!" Wednesday answered.

Silence.

Oh.

Silence.

It was too loud.

Even the clock hand ticking noise wasn't audible anymore.

Silence.

Blushing cheeks were met with blushing cheeks.

For the first time ever, Enid was witnessing the Wednesday Addams blush red.

With her mix of monotone and demanding expression, Wednesday Addams' cheeks were tinted red, right in front of Enid's eyes.

She felt like her heart was about to explode at the sight.

Wednesday could feel the same... her heart was racing at the same speed as Enid's... that she couldn't believe too.

In both of their bodies was the burning passion. Wednesday's stomach was a spider's nest, Enid's stomach was a butterfly haven.

"W-what?" Enid gasped softly.

There was a moment of mixed emotions passing through Wednesday's face.

Wednesday's lips quivered, slowly losing control over her own words, "And... a few days after that... you kissed me. When I was awake."

"Kiss," Enid blurted. Dumbfoundedly.

"On the cheek," Wednesday continued softly, her voice trailing off.

"Kiss," the blonde repeated.

"On the cheek," Wednesday said again.

Her blush remained as her eyes wandered nervously.

Wednesday was nervous?

Wednesday is nervous?

"On the cheek," Wednesday repeated.

"Right... I... I kissed you," Enid nodded promptly, "on the cheek," she repeated.

"You kissed me. On the cheek," the ravenette sounded like a broken record. Like Enid wasn't acting like one as well.

Finally, her words changed, "R-right before bed... you kissed me on the cheek... and you forced yourself to sleep... from embarrassment," Wednesday recalled the events.

Enid's hands were shaking. They were fidgeting all around in her lap but then she realized...

Wednesday's hands were also shaking.

They were shaking a bit just barely... but it was a surprise to see the Addams be so nervous.

Oh gosh, I'm getting dizzy, Enid couldn't believe what was happening. Wednesday was confronting her about her displays of romance, while being NERVOUS.

And why was she doing it this way?!

Enid felt embarrassed that the girl she was crushing on was like interrogating her! But at the same time it was cute to see Wednesday like this!

And her blush too...

"W-why did you say those three words?" Wednesday went back to her first question. Her voice was quiet and nearly flat.

Oh.

Right.

Those three words.

"The three words when you were asleep?" Enid said timidly. She couldn't hide that she did say those three words anymore.

The ravenette nodded.

Enid studied Wednesday's changing expressions, there was a strange mix of doubt mixed with her blankness. A few stammers came out of her mouth, "D- you... do..." Wednesday sighed sharply, "you said those three words to me only because I'm the first human you've met, right?"

"After you came out of your transformation, correct?" she questioned further.

Enid blinked a few times and then shook her head, "I don't think so. I think even if you were the billionth person I met, I would still say those three words to you."

Wednesday's lips moved uncertainly, "Surely you would've said those three words to someone else taking care of you."

The blonde exhaled in amusement, a nervous smile over her lips because she couldn't tell Wednesday how her inner wolf felt about her, "Uh... nope. Don't think so as well. I just think you're really interesting to me. Maybe I could have a chance of becoming friends with them... but you're different, Wednesday."

"You would've said those three words, even if I'm the weirdest and freakiest person you've met out of billions?"

"Wends... the parts that I find weird are the interesting things about you! That's what makes you... you! You wouldn't be Wednesday without those "weird" things and even I adore them in a way," Enid chuckled nervously, "and yes again, out of billions I would... choose you."

"So, no matter what... you would say those three words to me?" the goth raised a brow.

"I'm pretty sure. Like... I feel like... no matter how many people I meet, you're the only one who stands out. Wends, you're the only one I felt myself being pulled close to and everything about you is what makes me-"

Enid's words were cut off when she gasped at Wednesday suddenly moving forward. It felt like slow motion and an instant at the same time, Wednesday's eyes were closing as she was getting closer. And closer. And closer...

And then her own gasp was cut off by Wednesday's lips.

In a matter of a second, Wednesday leaned over and softly smashed her lips onto Enid's.

Enid was startled from the kiss, her eyes widening from the sudden spark of electricity and ecstasy.

Both of them felt that same spark of passion, the same warmth and the same love.

And then within a few short moments, Enid melted into the kiss.

Wednesday's hands were gently cupping Enid's cheeks and even she felt her own hands moving to Wednesday's hair. Running her fingers through the dark and silky raven hair.

Their hearts were thumping loudly as their kiss continued longer, enveloping more rapture.

The kiss felt like eternity... Wednesday and Enid both simultaneously pulled away slowly.

The blonde's eyes were half open from the feelings of passionate bliss, staring back into Wednesday's eyes lovingly.

"Wednesday..." Enid spoke softly.

This time Enid leaned forward, capturing Wednesday's lips with her own. The Addams quickly returned the kiss and resumed the feelings of pleasure with Enid.

They kissed again, their hands gently moving around each other's faces and hair.

Both were kissing each other with deep intensity, with deep passionate love. Taking in the sweet taste of each other's lips and fragrant smell.

After what felt like forever, they pulled away from the kiss hesitantly, both having the same mutual feeling of not ever wanting to stop.

Wednesday let out a shaky sigh and pressed her forehead against the blonde's, staring intensely into the beautiful blue eyes of Enid Sinclair.

Both of their hands were cupping each other's cheeks. Both were feeling how hot the other was.

They both took a few quiet breathers, getting back the air they lost in the kiss.

And then the unbelievable feeling passed through them, a feeling so strange and exciting.

They both had their first kisses... and it was each other.

Woah, Enid's mind just said.

Woe, Wednesday's mind just said.

They continued gazing at each other for a longer period of time. Getting lost and more lost in the indescribable beauty in front of them.

"Enid..." Wednesday's voice was so majestical to Enid's ears, "Enid... inside my mind there is a voice."

Enid listened carefully as she continued gazing upon Wednesday's beautiful face.

"Inside my mind there is a voice. And it said that I was destined to be alone... and I wanted that too. I wanted to prove to everyone how different I was, by never falling for the Addams curse and never feeling any sort of bond or connection with anyone else," the goth continued.

"I was never to fall in love. I was destined to be alone until my ghost evaporated over a course of centuries from this horrible world."

"For the first time in my life. That feeling I despised itself."

"I despised my own promise... my own goal... because of you-"

"Ever since meeting you... I cannot fathom seeing my future without you."

Enid let out a soft gasp. She felt tears of joy welling up in her eyes. Wednesday Addams had just confessed to her. The cold and gloomy Wednesday Addams that turned out to be kind and protective... she had just confessed to her. Enid couldn't believe it. She was overwhelmed with happiness.

"Enid. I don't want to be alone in my end... I don't want my future to be empty and hollow like my shell. I'm scared to imagine my life without you... I'm scared to imagine any evil corruption happening to you... I'm scared that you won't be there. Enid, I want you to be with me."

"Wednesday-" Enid cried happily.

"Enid, I want my miserable life to be with you. I want you to make my miserable life more bearable. I want you to be with me until the end or when you desire to leave me. I want you to haunt me forever."

"Enid, I had fallen hard under the Addams curse that I saw as the bane of my existence. I... l-love... you..." Wednesday's sentence died out from her shyness. Her dark-brown eyes looked away out of embarrassment.

"Wednesday..." Enid laughed as tears fell, What a weird way to say I love you... ohh, Wednesday. The little droplets running down her cheek and landing in her lap.

At some point, Wednesday had returned to looking back at Enid, and with a soft and warm hand, she wiped away Enid's happy tears, "Enid, I hope you are okay with my strange darkness invading your world," because I'll gladly let you become the sun to my world... I will desire for you to become the colors to my dark world.

"Wednesday, I love you too," the blonde giggled again, shutting her eyes of happiness as she wrapped her hands around the ravenette. Embracing her tightly and feeling Wednesday's heartbeat through her chest, beating at the same rate as her own, "Thank you... I'll never leave you. I'll never leave you..."

The Addams returned the hug back, tighter than ever. She let herself be enveloped by her warmth.

Heart was pressed to heart.

Heart to heart.

"D-don't... don't get used to- to it, Sinclair," Wednesday muttered, her sort-of-joking-side coming out. Her mind suddenly came up with the most unbelievable thoughts, Sinclair... I want to be the only one and you to be my only one.

Her Addams heritage rushing through her... curse it.

Mi sol, mi loba. Meine Sonn, meine Wölfin. Il mio sole, mio lupa. My sun, my wolf. My Enid...

"Whatever you say, Wednesday," Enid's laugh was muffled, sniffling as a few more tears welled up and lightly dampened Wednesday's shoulder.

Enid's thoughts on the other hand were all jumbled up. Her mind went crazy over the happiness and joy she felt from Wednesday feeling the same.

After an everlasting time, Wednesday and Enid's arms loosened up. They both looked at each other, Wednesday's soft expression meeting with Enid's tearfully happy expression.

And then they kissed again.

(author's note):

Raise the rainbow flag! Swing it high and proud! Because our awkward pair had finally done it!

And holy crap- declared love and already making out...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 18.9K 67
New cover is courtesy of the wonderful @Aikon_MJ5 Apparently this story has been"Hand picked by Wattpad ambassadors for top 3 Netflix stories"...
120K 2.4K 57
Hello there. updates will be very slow. there will be smut, fluff, strong language and others (I will be putting a warning before, not for fluff obvi...
10.3K 319 12
Wenclair fake dating AU!! After a long call with her parents, Wednesday has concluded that they have gone mentally insane. In the mist of the moment...
3.1K 99 7
alrighty, so this story had been in my mind for a long time, Wenclair story, more in the first chapter. started: 2024/01/07 finished:-