our weird friendship anomaly...

By DaytimesMoon

Who knew that escaping a school would result in stumbling upon the world's most dangerous beast? Well, luckil... More

Welcome to Nevermore Academy - 1
Farewell Nevermore Academy - 2
On the Prowl - 3
I Could Just Drown You Right Here - 5
First Stop, Somewhere - 6
A Dog Always Comes Back to Its Owner - 7
A Shopping Spree! - 8
Howl Not Howdy - 9
After the Silence - 10
A Successful Plan - 11
The Search for Wednesday Addams - 12
Third Wolfing Experience's a Charm - 13
Nightmares and Festivals - 14
We Work. We Shouldn't, but We Do - 15
Starved - 16
I Should've Killed You When We Met - 17
Hearts Are Broken - 18
If You Died, I Would've Killed You - 19
Even You Are Music to My Ears - 20
A Change of Plans and A...? - 21
Never Bring a Non-Silver Knife to a Werewolf Fight - 22
Scars and Nicknames - 23
Woe Is Love Mi Sol - 24
Like a Golden Retriever and a Black Cat, or a Raven? - 25
Time Flies When You're Having Fun - 26
Bury Me in My Blood - 27
Enid Sinclair, The Lonely Werewolf - 28
And the Winds Will Call Your Name - 29
Days Gone By - 30
The Kooky Disappointment - 31
SoulMates - 32
Train to Francisco - 33
"Home" at Last - 34
Don't Say Goodbye... I Hate Goodbyes - 35
Home Is Where the Heart Is - 36
Letters to SoulMates - 37
Surprises, Surprises... 38
Welcome Back to Nevermore Academy - 39
more than just a weird friendship anomaly - 40
Rain - 41

Howdy? - 4

1.2K 42 9
By DaytimesMoon

The sounds of birds chirping had awoken the goth from her deep sleep and a few branches shaking above.

Her eyes opened to the sight of the orange forest, the dawn of the sun shining through the crowded packs of leaves and hills around.

There was still the morning chill of the day.

But there was something different about the chill, there was a tiny bit of warmth in one certain area.

Her eyes widened remembering the beautiful gruesome events last night.

The werewolf?! It's not here?! Where did it go-

She raised her upper back and head to lock down at the specific warm area and was immediately met with blonde.

Her jaw dropped a bit as she observed further.

There was a head of blonde hair, then... pink?... at the end of the hair like some sort of dye-tipped highlights.

And then upon further looking, she saw a body.

Of a girl-

And wow-

She's naked.

And this girl was just lying below and on her lap.

All curled up. Peaceful.

Well not that peaceful since soft snores came out from her.

Wednesday looked at the smooth and delicate skin of the girl that had patches of dried blood.

Quickly, she connected the dots.

This blonde girl was the werewolf?

Even more fascinating... but... this right now is disgusting and revolting.

Such contact should not be tolerated.

Wednesday thinks this but still remains.

This girl was basically sleeping with Wednesday in this position.

Wednesday looked to the side and saw her silver knives to the side, I guess it's finally time to commit my first murder, a werewolf-human.

She finally retrieved her silver blades but then froze.

During the moment the blonde girl had shuffled around slightly, revealing her sleeping face, mouth hung open.

The goth examined the blonde's hair even more when she realized that these tipped highlights were now blue.

Ugh, why would one ruin their own features with horrendous colors? Terrible choice and terrible mistake.

In a way, it was sort of cotton candy colors, the cotton-candy blonde?

Wednesday looked over the facial features of the blonde, seeing more dried patches of blood and then... the youth of the girl.

She must be... around my age.

Then she looked over her long eyelashes before her lips.

Hmm, I guess werewolves can apply to anyone then.

I am not sure if this is unfortunate or not.

I cannot kill a youth like her, even though I attempted back at my previous schools.

This girl seems quite interesting... a werewolf on a non-full moon night?

With a sigh, she admitted that this werewolf made her interested. She wished she had read more into werewolves but her family and local libraries didn't have much on werewolves besides the fact that they were dangerous and insane or inhumane.

Wednesday took this opportunity in learning more about werewolves... so she put away her silver knives and-

Wait-

She had just let mankind's most dangerous beast sleep on top of her... and she escaped unharmed, alongside the werewolf.

And...

Why the hell was she still letting this girl rest on her lap?!

Within a split second, Wednesday was standing on the forest floor, brushing down the dirt and leaves, pausing a moment to look at her clothes ruined by bloodstains.

Yes, she loved the things about blood, but to be on her clothes was something she didn't really tolerate.

Wednesday pulled herself together after fixing her braids and then looked back down at the-

Oh, right... she transformed and now she's naked...

The ravenette didn't know where this came from and why she did it, but she moved swiftly to pull out a blanket to cover the girl.

Though a werewolf, still a human... she must be freezing cold especially in the middle of a dense forest at this time of the year.

But, as Wednesday was laying down the blanket, the blonde girl shook slightly and her arms started moving around.

Then a long human noise came out of her mouth as her legs and arms straightened, she was stretching.

Slowly, the girl was waking from her slumber.

And then the dark eyes of Wednesday met the crystal blue eyes of the girl's.

They opened before blinking like a butterfly and then widening.

The blonde let out a startled yelp as she sat up, she saw the blanket at her legs and covered herself.

Wednesday's eyebrows furrowed and her eyes lightly squinted, observing the girl now sat up.

Her blonde hair reached her shoulders and her dyed highlights at the end of her hairs were symmetrical: one side being pink, one side being blue. They were in a way streaked tips.

The cotton-candy blonde was letting out soft noises of gibberish or incoherent words, her cheeks were tinted a slight pink-red, easy to tell from the dried bloodstains.

Then her mouth just hung open, no more words coming out as she stared back at Wednesday.

The ravenette raised an eyebrow, slightly leaning away from the blonde as she just further stared at her.

There were a few nearly-mute squeaks and stammering noises before she greeted-

"Howdy...?" the very innocent-sounding voice said softly.

What.

~

"H-h... ho- howdy?" now it was more like the blonde was questioning herself.

Come again?

As if the blonde was reading her mind, "How- howdy... howdy p-p... per- person! H-howdy person!" a small smile appeared on her face.

Her eyes glimmered with hope, the way her crystal blues sparkled like a lake.

"Howdy person!" she repeated and ended with a small laughing gasp.

Wednesday's eyes averted to the side, "You've already said that-"

"Howdy person!" the blonde went again and laughed even louder.

Horrid voice, horrid laugh, and horrid not in a good way, Wednesday huffed silently and looked back at the blonde.

Her eyes were filled with even more hope.

"Wow...?" the blonde apparently asked herself, "I'm... person- no, human! Ha! I'm human a-again!" her fists raised in the air in triumph. "And that's bec- because of you! Than- w-wow! Y-you... li-like d-dark fash... fash? Fashion! Y-you like b-black alooooot?"

Even more fasci-

Wednesday stopped herself. Her word choice should be changed with now finding out who the werewolf was.

Even more curious and stranger that she has little sense of vocabulary. And... I made her human?

"You like black... aaalot!" the blonde said differently and then her eyebrows furrowed, "Are... are you- you? Okay? You... you look a little pale!"

The goth's nose wrinkled, "I always look half-dead."

"Oh," the cotton-candy blonde nodded. Now this part was quite human.

"I'm allergic to color," Wednesday added.

The blonde's head tilted in curiosity, "Oh, wow... what happens to y-yooou?"

Her voice was slowly sounding more like a human, but yet it was sounding so foreign at the same time. Wednesday figured from here that she'll find out later the reasoning behind the human thing from werewolf this blonde said.

And with her monotonous voice, the goth answered back flatly, "I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones," she sort of exaggerated.

But then there was no reaction from the mysterious girl.

Instead, she looked down at the blanket and wrapped herself around more in it, seeming like she was cuddling her knees.

Curious, Wednesday noted.

She noticed how her blue eyes now just looked straight and watched the forest ahead, seeming a bit scared.

Hold on, can we get back to how her first greeting was-

Howdy? Of all word choices?

And how in the world did I not awake from my deep sleep once at all in this situation?

And with a deep breath, exhaling out through her nose.

What am I going to do exactly?

A pause.

The peace of nature still surrounds them.

And silence from the mysterious girl now curled up sitting on the floor.

Wednesday's eyes looked down toward her pockets and boots, thinking about the concealed blades she had.

Should she just kill this girl right here? Forget about the innocence of a youth?

HOW should she kill this girl?

In what ways could she get rid of her?

Wait no-

She wanted to keep the fur and head of a werewolf, perhaps teeth like on a necklace or a charm.

Hmph.

DID she want to kill her?

Urgh.

This girl would seem to be the most annoying thing ever happening to her, it would be best to kill her now... but... at the same time she was an engrossing werewolf and she could enlighten Wednesday on her werewolf information.

After a moment of peacefulness, Wednesday took a small step toward the girl, "Do you remember who you are and what happened?"

"N-nooo? I know my name I g-guess?"

"What do you mean that I made you human again?"

"Uhh... I-I don't know exactly. But... but I can feel it somehow that you... you made me human again?"

"Do you remember what you were just a few hours ago?"

"It's all bl-blurry, but werewolf, not-nothing else I remember," the blonde answered innocently.

"It is sunrise and you are awake, and I have elsewhere to be, are you able to walk?" Wednesday continued interrogating.

The blonde looked at Wednesday, her eyes shining with hope once again, "Y-yes-no? I'm not- not sure. Haven't walked in... a while," her words trailed off into mumbles and mutters.

"Stand up," the goth commanded, a bit too much demand in her tone.

The strange girl started getting up, but before she was standing up straight she stumbled around before falling over on her backside, "Ouch, what the hell?" she winced.

Wednesday's eyebrow raised once again, Even more curious, she was aware of "tense" language terms.

Wait-

Before the blonde was able to stand up straight fully, her eye level was slightly above Wednesday's so-

Her eyes rolled as she realized that this girl was slightly taller than her, maybe an inch or two.

Sucks being short!

The blonde tried standing up again but somehow tripped and fell face forward, "Oof, what is... the hell?"

The goth observed how it looked like she had forgotten how to use her legs. The girl didn't give a specific answer to when she last walked, so she didn't press on.

Then, like an innocent child, her hand reached out toward Wednesday's, implying normal human interactions and in a way she's fallen over several times before in her life.

Wednesday quickly looked at her hand before deciding to help her, but then under the dried bloodstains on her fingers, she saw several different colors on her nails.

Nail polish?

The ravenette's hand hesitated in reaching for the stumbling blonde's-

But surprisingly, the blonde withdrew her hand and gave a small awkward smile, "Sorry, forgot your- your allergic to c-color."

Now seriously what the hell? This is utterly most interesting and strange.

Wednesday just stood still there.

The blonde's hair was even more awful, more scragglier, with all the leaves now being stuck in her hair from falling over.

The only thing appealing to Wednesday was the dried splotches of blood.

And after a few struggling minutes, the blonde just sat there, staring at her hands holding crumpled up leaves in disappointment. She let out a heavy sigh, "What's th-the use? It's been... been so d-damn long-long and I can't even r-remember anything."

"Can't even... walk! What is wrong with my stupid l-legs?"

Wednesday looked around and saw an amazingly-clean cut bone from the carcass of the devoured bear this blonde girl somehow took down. She reached down and picked it up, wiping down bits left on it with leaves.

She remembered how atrocious it was for the girl to be a bit taller than her, so she grabbed another bone incase and decided to put them together.

Using some rope and string from her pack, she made some sort of crutch or walking stick.

She came back to the struggling blonde and dropped in beside her, "Use it to help yourself stand, since you're so pathetic at such basic things."

"Ouch," the blonde whispered to herself, in a way implying how those words kind of hurt.

But this was Wednesday after all, it should be normal.

After a minute of grunting and panting, the blonde was able to stand, using the long bones of a bear to keep herself somewhat balanced.

At first she was moving around like those weird balance egg toys for kids, her arms flailing around wildly to keep herself postured and unable to keep her voice quiet.

Now here she was, managing to stand against the bone walking stick in front of Wednesday whose arms were crossed.

"H- who- what's... your name?" the blonde offered a small smile.

Wednesday's eyes narrowed at her, Would it matter if I gave her my real name? No, there's no point in not.

"Wednesday."

The blonde perked in happiness, "Wow! Was that... day... you were bor-"

"No."

"Gotcha."

The blonde's word comprehension seemed to be improving.

"W-well howdy Wednesday! I'm Enid Sinclair!" her eyes full of joy.

Wednesday had to turn away from the bubble that seemed like it was about to burst from overflowing joy. It was revolting, "Did I ask?"

"Huh?"

"Did I ask for your name? Use your common sense."

The cotton candy blonde, Enid, happiness collapsed.

A bit of bitterness arose in her feelings and she gritted her teeth, "Geez, you're on edge."

Wednesday ignored her words and looked back at her.

The blonde let out a sigh and looked back up at Wednesday, "Well, Wednesday-"

"And do not call me by name. I refuse to let some unintelligent cursed lowlife call me that. Or anyone else."

Enid winced a little at the harsh words, "Then why did you answer w-with your name... then?"

"Because you asked for my name, not how you would address me," her voice cold.

"Then... what then?"

"Just Addams."

"Just Addams?"

"Yes."

"Well, Just Addam-"

"ADDAMS."

"Okay, okay, okay! Geez laweez," Enid cleared her throat and connected the names, Wednesday Addams, together.

"Well, Addams... t-thank you for b-being here! I'm thankful for you for... making... me hu-human again," she put the bone crutch under her shoulder and then put arms open wide, symbolizing the disgusting act from the goth's family. Wednesday didn't hear the last few words of Enid's sentence however.

There was a too-bright toothy smile from the blonde as she awaited for the other half of the puzzle piece to complete the hug.

Wednesday stared at her with serious glaring eyes that still could be considered monotone.

Enid leaned forward slightly and Wednesday took a large step back.

"Not a hugger. Got it!" she laughed awkwardly, "And allergic to c-color, riiight."

She... might be the death of me... Enid thought to herself.

"Are you able to walk?" the ravenette questioned.

"Sh-should be."

And in one attempt, the blonde was able to take two steps before slightly losing her posture.

"Good enough," was all that Wednesday said flatly and walked off.

"Huh?! Wait! Wait!" Enid's free hand reached for her. She growled, "That bitch! What is she implying?" she panted trying to keep up with her.

As Wednesday continued walking, she made a note of how interesting her vocabulary was working. Meanwhile her brain was trying to decipher her several thoughts of why she was allowing this girl to follow her, she could already assume that she was going to be extremely annoying and hyperactive.

She stopped in her footsteps, not bothering to look behind, "You can either see this opportunity as wanting you to follow me, or me just helping you enough to where you walk and that's it."

"Huh?"

"Either you follow, or you go off on your own."

The heck does she mean? Enid's eyes wandered through the forest and admittedly was scared by how endless it looked, along with a bit of darkness. A little whimper escaped her lips, "It's kinda scary here. Like for real scary, ya know? Like scary to the point where grade reports wouldn't even compare-"

Then suddenly her eyes snapped forward, crystal blues meeting dark-chocolate browns.

Wednesday turned around, ignoring her comments earlier. Her dark figure managed to shine brightly to Enid by the sun's radiant rays, it somewhat looked like a silhouette but with a closer eye like Enid's right now, she could see all the details and features of the Addams' face.

Her heart thumped loudly.

"Well?"

Enid swallowed hard, returning back to this world and still holding the blanket around her tightly.

There was a moment of silence until a confident hmph left her lips and she looked at Wednesday, her confident face then faulting and having excitement now written over her face.

"I want to go with you," Enid answered.

"Very well, for you to follow me and not find yourself buried 6 feet under, you must follow my rules," Wednesday continued walking on, however at a slower pace that allowed Enid to keep up.

The blonde gulped again and a big smile appeared on her face, several emotions swelling around inside her.

Wednesday was now alongside Enid, "While I explain, we will be going to the nearest river or stream to wash ourselves up from the muck and clean you off your horridness."

"S-sure, whatever," Enid's tone was mixed, unsure of her feelings at the moment, "fine with that, yeah."

A long sigh was exhaled by the blonde as she thought of what's ahead.

What are we going to be doing exactly? both of them thought as they traversed the forest to the nearby waters.

An adventure sets out for them ahead, in a way Wednesday had thought and as well as Enid.

The goth could just feel a spider crawl in her stomach for a split second after gazing at Enid alongside her. This girl must be disturbing her body of peace and darkness.

Enid just smiled brightly and in return received a near-monotonous scowl.

This is going to be interesting...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 8.3K 61
[Fck Buddies] It wasn't like she had a choice in this matter. She knows she never had a choice anyways. After all, that girl was irresistible, who is...
170K 4.5K 47
Wenclair fanfic! While Wednesday returns to Nevermore after the semester break, she tries to solve the mystery of who may be stalking her. As to be a...
7.4K 135 7
When Wednesday visits Enid in her hometown over break she sees a whole new side to her friend. She's acting irrationally, can't seem to stop glaring...
120K 2.4K 57
Hello there. updates will be very slow. there will be smut, fluff, strong language and others (I will be putting a warning before, not for fluff obvi...