Wish Upon A Star

By gd_carpediem

Twenty-three-year-old, Sana Minatozaki, an idol and a member of a famous Kpop girl group meets an independent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

24

154 11 2
By gd_carpediem

Once in a person's lifetime, everyone finds someone whom they fall hopelessly in love with and started to believe in happily ever after. But in the real world, this simply does not go to happen. People do have common interests and therefore develop romantic involvement. It is basic common sense that this kind of relationship has a life span and didn't last. Certain people aren't meant to be in a long-term no matter how much you wanted them to stay in your life. Sometimes, people come into your life to shake you up, tear apart your ego, flip your perspective and break your heart then leave you behind. The cause of break up can be due to various reasons such as cheating, falling out of love, quarreling, lack of communication, or no more time for each other because they prioritize their careers over being in a relationship.

According to Sana, "We hurt so much because we have lost a part of ourselves. If we loved too much, we must certainly give our all for the person we love, and when it's over, we have lost everything.”

A month later....

After Tzuyu broke up with Sana, the blonde girl was devastated and this feeling affect her daily life and her career. Since it is Sana's first relationship and Tzuyu was her first love, she struggled a lot just to accept their break up and keep moving forward. With the help of her friends especially Jihyo, it didn't take a long time for her to recover from a broken-hearted state. She made herself busy, paid more attention, and focused on her career which also helped her to forget everything in the past. They even held a mini concert to celebrate Christmas and have fun together with their fans and also with their families.

"Sanayaaaah! Check this out!". Jihyo, with a wide smile, run up to the blonde girl to show the white envelope she was holding.

"What's that?", Sana asked with a puzzled look on her face.

"It's an invitation for you", Jihyo answered.

The blonde girl accepted the white envelope and slowly open to see what was on the card.

To: Ms. Minatozaki Sana

"Appreciation Day came up! Please, come and join us on the 27th of December, at 7:00 p.m. This celebration was dedicated to recognizing the efforts made by everyone."

-President and CEO of Seoul Medicare Hospital,

Han Suk-Kyu

Twice is one of those who donated a million Won (50 million) and helped the Seoul Medicare Hospital. Aside from that, Sana, with her own money, donated 20 million Won for the surgeries of patients in need who have heart disease. Because two days from now, she will soon have her birthday.

"How about the girls? Do they already know about this?".

"Yes. This morning. Our manager told about it to them as well as Mr. JYP."

Sana nodded and continued walking to the parking area. Jihyo did the same and followed her. The two girls have no follow-up schedule for today so they will be able to go home earlier than the other girls.

Jihyo glanced at her wristwatch. It was already four in the afternoon. She then asked Sana to accompany her to go grocery shopping.

"Sanayah. I will cook dinner for us."

"Really?! That was a great idea!".

"I want Bulgogi!", Sana said excitedly and immediately clung to Jihyo's arm.

"Alright! So let's go now and buy ingredients for that!". Jihyo smilingly said to the blonde girl.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

The next day.....

6:30 PM, At the Seoul Medicare Hospital

Many people attended the event tonight. The guests are those who donated and helped the hospital this year. And every year there is always a celebration like this. It is held to give appreciation and recognition for the efforts they have done for the hospital and patients.

All guests are already seated at their respective tables. Everyone was done having dinner. Now, they are preparing for the wine toasting.

---

Twice members with their manager suddenly stopped their chit-chat and laughter when they noticed the hospital CEO of Seoul Medicare, Mr. Han Suk-Kyu along with his secretary heading towards their table. They all stood up and respectfully bowed their heads to greet the very important person.

"Good Evening, Mr. Suk-Kyu." Twice members and the manager greeted in unison.

"Good Evening, ladies. The CEO smilingly greeted them as well.

"Thank you for having us here, Mr. CEO," Jihyo said to the old man.

"No, No..Thank you girls for accepting my invitation and being here to celebrate with us. I appreciated it a lot." The CEO looked around and realized someone was missing. "Even though Mr. JYP couldn't come here", the old man said as he continued talking.

"Ow..About that, we're very sorry, if Mr. JYP couldn't make it tonight. Mr. JYP was in L.A. for a business matter. But he wholeheartedly expressed how much he apologized for not being here in this event", Twice's manager, Kim Na Yeon told to the old man.

"No worries, I understand. As long as the girls were here, I am glad. By the way, I will excuse myself in the meantime. I need to meet the other guests. Please enjoy the night".

---

"Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. The event is about to start. Let me introduce to all of you the Hospital CEO of Seoul Medicare, Mr. Han Suk-Kyu", the host of the event said.

Everyone here in the room gave a round of applause as they watched Mr. CEO walk in front of them to do his speech.

"Everyone, thank you for coming tonight to celebrate this momentous event with me. To all ladies and gentlemen here, thank you for all the efforts to help this hospital especially, to our dear patients. Let me wish you a healthy life and success! Thank you very much and enjoy the night."

The CEO raised his glass after the speech. Everyone did the same thing as well and have a toast with the CEO.

Afterward, those people who donate and give charity to the hospital were called out to receive a certificate of appreciation and award as a sincere way to show that they were valued for their efforts and a mark of recognition given in honor of their achievement.

Twice members got theirs and went back to their respective seats. They thought they were the last to receive an award. But they were shocked especially Sana when they heard the name that they did not expect.

"Ms. Chou Tzuyu..."

"Is Ms. Chou here?"

The host mentioned the name twice so that the girl will hear it.

After a while, someone suddenly opened the door. They saw the three girls who seemed to be panting in a hurry. They were all wearing a tuxedo suits, simple but elegant. Jeongyeon in navy blue, Chaeyoung in white, and Tzuyu in a black tuxedo. They caught the attention of everyone. All the guests were looking at them as if they are all amazed at the gorgeous sight of the three. But, except for Sana who immediately looked away so as not to see the face of the girl who broke her heart.

"Jihyo, do you know about this?", Nayeon asked with one eyebrow raised while still looking at the tall girl who was wearing a black tuxedo suit.

"No, Unnie. Jeong didn't mention it to me either." Jihyo answered the oldest. She then frowned when she thought of her girlfriend who didn't even tell her about their going to the event.

"Mina?".

Momo poke Mina who was sitting next to her. The girl just shook her head as she was also clueless about it.

"I'm here." Tzuyu's hand is raised slightly to indicate that she is present. She then go in front of everyone; get the award and made a short speech.

"I want to apologize for being late. Something unexpected happened while my friends and I were on our way here."

Her car they used to get here had a flat tire which caused their delay.

Tzuyu looked at the award that was placed in her left hand and then let out a soft smile. "Thank you for this wonderful award", she ended.

Like Sana, the tall girl also donated a huge amount of money for children with heart disease just like her. But the amount donated stays secret from anyone and no one knows about it. Afterward, she, together with her friends went to the table where Kang's siblings, Dr. Daniel and Irene were sitting.

"Look! Dr. Kang is also here. Wait.. Who is that girl?". Nayeon asked curiously when her gaze followed the three and she saw the unfamiliar face. But no one answered as the girls also have no idea who was it. None of them knew about Irene Kang as the older sister of Dr. Daniel. Even Jihyo who was the ex-girlfriend of the doctor doesn't know about it.

Meanwhile, Sana was just quietly staring at those people who were the main topic of her friends. Her eyes seemed to be filled with hatred. Especially, when she saw that girl with a very familiar face who kiss Tzuyu on the cheek while the tall girl hugged the girl in its response. Her lips parted in dismay. She scoffed as she suddenly remembered the past. It was just like the exact scenario when she first caught Tzuyu cheating on her.

Unexpectedly, Tzuyu saw the blonde girl looking at her which made her eyes widen in surprise. The tall girl did not know that Sana and her friends were also at the event. She noticed Sana quickly avoided her gaze as their eyes met again after a month without seeing each other.

"Hey, are you okay?", Jihyo whispered and she softly caressed Sana's hand which interrupted the blonde girl. Sana immediately averted her eyes and looked at Jihyo as if she was unbothered by it.

"Yes, I'm fine." The blonde girl simply said it then took a sip of her wine after seeing the unpleasant sight of Tzuyu with that girl having a moment together. A gentle touch, sweet glances, and talking comfortably with each other.

Then, someone passed by and stopped behind Sana. She gave the blonde girl a poke in the cheek which makes everyone surprised even Sana herself flinched at the sudden action.

"D~Dahyun? Kim Dahyun?!", Sana smiled when she saw the girl.

"Yes, I am. The one and only, Kim Dahyun." The girl chuckled.

"Are you alone?", asked Sana.

"No, I'm with my parents. Would you mind if I introduce you to them?"

Sana looked at her friends and their manager who was quietly listening to their conversation. Before she gets approval from them, she first introduced the girl.

"It's fine, Sana. You don't have to introduce them to me. I already know these beautiful ladies. Come on! They're also members of Twice. And your group is the most famous here in Seoul. So how can I not know them?", the girl giggled. She then tapped the blonde girl's arm telling her that she will be going to introduce herself instead.

"Let me introduce myself."

"I'm Kim Dahyun. Nice to meet you all." The girl bowed her head then she let out a bright smile as she looked at the girls.

---

Flashback, to the night when Sana and Dahyun meet together.

That night when Sana and Tzuyu broke up, the blonde girl left the house and absentmindedly drove away from that place. Non-stop tears coming from her eyes because of what happened. Because of this, her vision became blurry and when she wiped her eyes, suddenly a white dog ran crossed the road. Fortunately, Sana was driving slowly so she stepped on the brake quickly to avoid running over the white dog.

"Ohmygosh!", she exclaimed.

Sana got out of her car immediately to check if she hit and hurt the dog. The dog barks while its tail was wagging as if the dog wanted to play with her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the dog was safe. She then carried the dog and looked around to search for its owner.

"Are you alone? Where's your–." Sana was interrupted when she heard someone shouting. It's a woman's voice.

"Ari! Ari..... Where are you?!".

"Ari!"

The owner finally saw her dog.

According to the girl, while they were on their way home, her dog suddenly got loose and started running away. She followed her dog but it was too fast to catch up and completely gone from her sight. Fortunately, Sana found her dog.

"Is this your dog?", Sana asked with a smile on her face.

The girl immediately heard her so she turned around to see the owner of that voice. The worried face of the girl immediately changed to enthusiasm when she saw her dog.

"Ariii!", the girl called out with a huge smile as she approached her dog that was being carried by Sana. The blonde girl gave the dog to its owner and the girl happily hug and kiss her dog.

"Thank–."

"What the–"

"You–"

The girl couldn't finish what she was saying because she couldn't believe who the girl was in front of her. She got panicked that's why she couldn't speak properly. It seems that its tongue got stuck and she can't move it so well all of a sudden. Sana just laughed at the reaction of the girl who become stunned to see her. The girl went back into a trance when she hears Sana laughing at her.

"You're Sana, am I right? Ms. Sana Minatozaki?". The girl asked and the blonde girl nodded at her. "By the way, I'm Dahyun. Kim Dahyun." She extended her arm to shake hands and Sana gladly accepted it.

"Thank you, Ms. Minatozaki", said Dahyun.

"Don't be so formal. It would be nice if you will just call me Sana", the blonde girl let out a giggle.

"A~Alright....Again, thank you, Sana", Dahyun caressed her nape while looking awkwardly with a smile that did not leave her face.

"Nice to meet you, Dahyun. But, I have to go now." Sana slowly turned her back away from Dahyun and walk towards her car. For the last time, Dahyun called her once again when she was about to get inside her car.

"Sana...."

The blonde girl stopped and look back at the girl.

"Here. Take this."

"What is that?".

"Just give me your hand".

Sana held out her hand to Dahyun. She was surprised to see three pieces of chocolate in her hand. A slow smile spread over her mouth and spilled into her eyes as she stares at it.

"I hope it will make you feel better".

Sana was even more surprised by what the girl said suddenly. She looked up at the girl's face that has the sweetest smile on its lips.

"Take care, Sana. Please, drive safely. Bye!", Dahyun waved her hand at Sana.

"I really have to go. Thanks for this." Sana softly smiled and leave the girl on the roadside.

End of flashback....

---

(present time)

"I will bring her back immediately. Just a minute. Thank you". Dahyun extended her arm and offer her hand to Sana as she supported the blonde girl from standing. Sana smilingly accepted it and they go to Kim's table.

Little did they know, some eyes had been watching them secretly from afar. Earlier, when Tzuyu and Sana looked at each other. The tall girl did not take her eyes off the girl. Until she saw a girl approaching Sana who was unfamiliar to her. She saw how the two exchanged a sweet smiles with each other. How Sana introduced the girl to its friends and how the unknown girl gently touched Sana and held the blonde girl's hand. Tzuyu clenched her teeth and continued staring blankly at the two while walking towards the other table. She took a sip of her wine once again and then quickly emptied her glass.  Jeongyeon noticed that Tzuyu was acting strange.

"Yah...Is there something bothering you?", Jeongyeon asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Just don't mind me". Tzuyu responded and then go back to minding her own business. With cold stares, she continued watching the two girls. She then let out a smirk and poured the wine into her glass. She drink again until she finished her glass with filled pent-up frustration.

"Introduce to the family? As I expected", Tzuyu whispered.

"Are you saying something?", Irene asked as she heard the tall girl mumbling words.

"Oww...I don't say anything here, Unnie." Tzuyu denied then smiled awkwardly.

"Alright. I thought you were talking to me and saying something", the oldest chuckled as she thought she was just hallucinating.

Tzuyu felt pissed off because Sana really did move on from her in just a short time and easily hooked up with another person. After what she did to the blonde girl, this is how she feels right now–jealousy and pain. She just felt so pathetic and it only added to her anger. Tzuyu didn't realize that she had finished a bottle of wine.

"Jeong, do you sense anything unusual?", Chaeyoung whispered then slightly elbowed the girl next to her.

"Shhh...Lower your voice. I know what you're talking about. I've already noticed it since a while ago", Jeongyeon said. She furtively glanced over at Jihyo. She has been messaging Jihyo but the girl didn't even respond to her. Now, she's hoping her girl will look at her even though she knows that Jihyo was annoyed at her for the reason she didn't tell her about going here to the event with Tzuyu.

Suddenly her phone beeped. A message from Jihyo popped up on the screen.

Will you stop bombarding me with a lot of messages? Not now, Yoo. Let's just talk later.

"Fvck! She's so mad. I can sense it from here". Jeongyeon let out a heavy sigh.

"Who's that? Jihyo?", Chaeyoung asked and Jeongyeon simply nodded at her.

"I guess were on the same page here. Mina is also mad at me". Chaeyoung half-smiled and then drink her whiskey until she finished it.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung are struggling a lot in this kind of situation. After the separation of the two, for more than a month, they were careful about Tzuyu not crossing paths with Sana. Of course, Tzuyu is their friend and their girls are friends with Tzuyu's ex-girlfriend which is Sana that also their friend. They're having difficulty managing their time which was always divided into two–for their girls and also for Tzuyu.

"That's enough, Tzuyu. I allowed you to drink but I'm not saying you can drink too much", Dr. Kang said.

"Hyung, I'm fine," Tzuyu said.

She was about to get the other bottle of wine that was half full and finished it also. But Dr. Kang held the bottle so tight to prevent Tzuyu from taking it.

"I said that's enough. You seem to forget that you just had surgery."

It's been two weeks since Tzuyu underwent surgery to repair her heart. It's her second time getting surgery. The first time is when she was still young. There's no cure for her illness, except she will be having a heart transplant. About her surgery, it may be long-term effects such as abnormal heartbeats. Just because she had surgery doesn't mean everything is fine, she still needs to undergo therapies and checkups.

"Come on! Just let me be at least tonight. Will you?", Tzuyu emphatically said.

"Tzuyah! Your voice. Not now. Not in here. Stop drinking now. I think you're drunk already." Jeongyeon meddled.

"Okay. Fine. If you guys don't want me to cause trouble here. Don't stop me."

"I'm going to leave now and no one will dare to follow me. I want to be alone!". Tzuyu stood up from her seat and the bottle of wine was taken from them. Afterward, she immediately left the place without looking at them or even at Sana.

"Tzuyahhh....Come back here." Dr. Daniel called out as he was worried about the girl. Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon were about to stand up from their seats and followed Tzuyu but Irene stop them.

"Let her be. She knows what she's doing. She just needs to breathe." Irene said to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784K 28.3K 112
Chou Tzuyu is the daughter of one of the famous businessmen in Asia. She's a narcissistic person, she dated lots of women, she doesn't know the word...
19.1K 847 44
"Don't!" Mina quickly interjects and moves her face slightly sideward, away from Chaeyoung's hand. "Stop right there. Everything about you makes me w...
162K 6.7K 40
Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she choose her heart over their friendship? ...
65.4K 1.9K 29
"Will you be my girlfriend?" "Will you marry me? Will you be in my life forever? Will you be the wife of this hopeless girl?" Tzuyu is a fan of TWIC...