My one and only wife

By LIMC46

Shiina Hiyori is a girl who likes to read books, cook food, take care of plants and squeeze cats. She is also... More

Our favorite fluffy cat
My drunk wife
Book for birthday
Pancakes for both of us
My wife is a little excited
A secret from him
Banana, Ice cream and Milk
Snow
Cream Pie
With all our love
My wife is so dangerous
My husband is so careful
Sleep is very important to me
Hot
Her sweet dreams
Waiting for the game update
Calmness
Ice plays with Ecchinose
It's better to sleep in a bed than on the floor
Hikari
Questions
Give Birth!
Hard life
Onigiri
Silence
Cake
Mauw!
Rest
New Year's preparation
Relaxed
Good day
My wife really loves me
Boring, Ficus-san, just boring

Caring for a loved one

473 27 8
By LIMC46

So it was Monday. They say that this day is quite difficult, since the working week begins with it. Many people today do not want to go to work or study even more than on any other day. But I usually didn't care about such things. No, it would be more accurate to say that even now I don't care about that.

That's just today I wasn't at work and I wasn't even in a hurry to get there now with a delay. The thing was that I had to stay at home that day. I had a reason that made me call work and arrange everything with my superiors.

– Hiyori, how are you feeling?

– You asked that a couple of minutes ago...

I was looking after my one and only wife, who was now lying on the bed and resting. Her cheeks were somewhat red, and her breathing was more frequent than usual. From time to time I wiped her hot forehead with a damp cool cloth.

My Hiyori got sick last night and has been lying in bed since this morning without getting up. Of course, I wouldn't say that everything is bad, but still the situation is worse than if my wife was healthy.

– Kiyotaka...

– I'm listening to you, my sweet.

– I'm not a little girl...

– Hm...

If you evaluate my wife by her age, then everything is true, but still she is shorter than me, her breasts are not so big, and there are many other factors that give out childish joys in her character. Perhaps I could say that in general she looks very much like a teenage girl.

– Why such thoughtfulness..?! Khe-khe... ahem...

I stroked Hiyori's silky silver hair while she was a little displeased with me. But I was willing to be the object of her displeasure if it would make her feel better. Although, to be honest, if she's unhappy, it's not so good.

– I'm fine, Kiyotaka. Since you're at home, you'd better look after Hikari.

– I checked recently, she's still sleeping.

– And if she's already awake?

– You just want me to leave you alone?

– No... honestly, I like it when you're here with me, just...

Suddenly, she burst into a violent cough, so she could not continue to express her thought. I stroked her head and decided to use the cloth soaked in cool water again.

Hiyori is so warm, I would even say hot, and now I don't like it. Unfortunately, at the moment it is better not to be so scalding, as it is very bad. She's not feeling too well.

– Kiyotaka... please hold my hand...

She wants me to be around, especially since she feels better this way, so I have no complaints in this regard. Hiyori is quite innocent and sweet, usually she doesn't need much to feel happy.

– Sure.

I took Hiyori by her warm palm, which she stuck out from under the blanket. Even so, I felt that my wife was really weak now because of her undermined health. I'd better make her something to eat.

– Maybe you want to eat something?

– ... No, thank you.

– Then how about some tea?

Of course, it would be much more rational to give her water, but she likes tea more, and I can't go against her wishes.

– Yeah, it would be good.

I let go of her soft, warm palm and quickly headed to the kitchen. I shouldn't have lingered with something like this, because after all, now the situation is getting a little more complicated. It's better to provide my beloved wife with the best care right now in the morning, because then I'll have to look after Hikari.

So I brewed a fragrant tea for my wife and decided to take her an orange in addition, which had to be peeled. Of course, Hiyori doesn't often eat oranges, but from time to time she can't tear herself away from them and says that they are very tasty. Perhaps the same thing will happen now. Although, I didn't really believe in it, to be honest. In any case, even if she doesn't want to eat an orange, she will surely still enjoy the smell of fresh citrus, which she definitely likes.

And when I returned to her, nothing much had changed. She just stared at the ceiling and, apparently, was thinking about her own. I could tell that with this apathetic face and almost empty gaze, Hiyori looks very thoughtful. To be honest, I like it better when she is joyful and carefree, but, of course, there are no reasons for this now.

– Kiyotaka...

– Mm?

Hiyori shifted her gaze to me. It wasn't just mumbling to herself, now she was really calling me for some reason. Maybe I'm making her wait too long. Surely she wants this tea.

– Why are you standing in the doorway?

– I'm sorry, I admired you a little.

– Mmm...

She smiled slightly after my words, but at the same time her facial expression still could not be described in any positive terms. Of course, the innate features of her face are incomparably beautiful, but it is the emotions that she expresses with their help that are completely different.

– I brought tea and an orange.

– Ah, so that's why the smell is so familiar.

She looked with some excitement at my hands, in which I was holding a saucer with a peeled orange and a cup of tea. I was a little surprised that Hiyori did not immediately recognize this smell, which she likes so much, especially since she paid attention to it only after I said it directly.

Perhaps this is the effect of the disease on her body. Most likely, her nasal receptors have lost some of their capabilities and have become much less efficient. Well, it's more or less natural, so I should just keep doing what I planned.

As a result, I sat down on the bed with Hiyori, who looked at me as if I shouldn't be here. Perhaps she is internally worried about me, because she thinks that I can get infected because of her illness, but I don't care about such things, to be honest.

–Is something wrong, Hiyori?

– Mm... no. I just don't think you should have missed work today because of me.

– I'm glad you think a lot.

– And?

– And?

We stared at each other, waiting for the continuation of this conversation. Of course, I probably should have done it, but still Hiyori is starting to sulk a little, and it's quite funny. When she puffs out her cheeks slightly, she looks like a hamster.

– So why don't you go now? I think you'll still have time. You may be a little late.

– Because you're sick, isn't that obvious?

– Kiyotaka...

I think I'm hopeless. At least that's what Hiyori's look is trying to tell me. Well, maybe it is. Actually, it was a little hard to talk about it, but there's nothing wrong with that... I think.

– In any case, eat and drink at least this. I'll go and check on Hikari.

– Yeah...

Leaving Hiyori, who had doubts about me, I left one room and got to the other quite quickly. I had to open the door quietly, so as not to disturb anyone who might be here, after which I carefully walked further forward.

Our daughter Hikari was sleeping in her small crib, who did not wake up at the moment. In fact, it's still morning, so it's not that surprising. She sleeps so softly and innocently that I honestly want to sleep myself.

However, there was someone who was still awake. This is our snow-white cat Ice. She was lying on the crib in the arms of a sleeping beauty and gently moved her fluffy tail from side to side. Her look told me to be quieter than water and rounder than the moon, but I didn't wake Hikari. Well, I supported this position myself.

In any case, after making sure once again that everything was fine with our daughter, I carefully left the room, gently closing the door behind me so as not to create unnecessary noise. After that, I went back to Hiyori, who was eating a slice of orange right now.

– Sour...

She cute stuck out her tongue while eating an orange, and her face acquired funny features. It looks like it's a bit of a problem for her now, but even so she still doesn't give up and continues to eat the glorious citrus.

When she finished with some effort, the time came when my lovely wife looked right at me. Her soft purple eyes looked me up and down, after which she slowly raised her hand and stretched it in my direction.

I took her hand almost immediately and sat down on her bed. Hiyori raised herself slightly with my help and assumed a sitting position, after which in an instant her gentle arms wrapped around my body, wrapping me in an embrace. She gently put her head on my shoulder and began to inhale the smell of my hair.

– Delicious...

Well, if you remember that I used my favorite shampoo this time, then it was obvious. It's not just something fun, it's really a shampoo that is rarely seen. This thing has a full-fledged smell of ice cream, which makes it truly unique all over the world.

In response, I gently hugged Hiyori and began stroking her silky silver hair. My wife purred slightly, as if she were a cat, after which she only snuggled closer to me in a soothing embrace.

– Kiyotaka...

– Yes?

I wasn't sure if she wanted to ask me for anything or if she just said my name because she likes it, but still Hiyori wouldn't let me go, which I was only glad of. Her soft hands gently stroked my back, as if I were a cat that she wanted to caress so much.

– I love you. Thank you for being with me now.

– I would never leave you alone, Hiyori.

I allowed myself to slightly pull away from her just for a second to gently kiss her cheek under her surprised gaze. Hiyori sighed sweetly after that and immediately wanted to continue this alignment of events, but still found the strength to stop herself.

– Kiyotaka, you're baka... I'm sick...

She didn't want to put too much pressure on my health, so she was afraid that she might accidentally infect me. Of course, these fears were not in vain, but they still were. In the end, even if I got sick, it wouldn't mean anything, since I would be glad to spend more time with my beloved wife.

– You can always kiss me on the cheek as a compromise.

– But that's not it...

She began to sulk because she could not go beyond something so simple, but she had to put up with it if she was going to continue to adhere to her beliefs.

– How is Hikari?

In order, apparently, to distract herself, Hiyori decided to ask me about our daughter, whom I had just recently visited. I lightly stroked her hair to show in this way that everything was fine, and then decided to put it into words.

– Hikari is fine, she's still sleeping.

– Mmm... I would like that too...

– Do you want to sleep?

– A little.

She honestly expressed her little wish to me, so I couldn't bring anything against it. Moreover, it would be better if Hiyori could rest while sleeping. That's why I gently freed myself from her embrace and gently lowered my wife back onto the bed. She yawned almost immediately as soon as her head touched the pillow.

– Please, rest, Hiyori.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 67 3
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji wakes up one day and gets thrown into a game. Well, that's not exactly it. He didn't get thrown into a different world or anything...
1.7K 43 9
In this fanfic Yuki and Shiro are at AHNS, will they help Ayanokouji to lead a normal life read to know more. Disclamer: This story is just fanfic...
145K 6.2K 27
Ayanokoji kiyotaka, a boy who has been training and studying his whole life, but now that he has a chance to live a new and peaceful life, what does...
14.4K 538 16
Ayanakoji Kiyotaka, a transfer from an elite ANHS high school, comes to a new school and his life changes when he meets a girl named Shiina Mahiru...