Once Upon An Assassination At...

By fanfic_writer707

Kamisato Ayato fanfiction. Kurimiya Sora had a dangerous mission with one purpose; Kill the head of Kamisato... More

Chapter 1 | The first attempt
Chapter 2 | A deal
Chapter 3 | Housekeeper
Chapter 4 | Woof
Chapter 5 | A friend
Chapter 6 | Kunai
Chapter 7 | Lost
Chapter 8 | New discoveries
Chapter 9 | A familiar face
Chapter 10 | Velikaia
Chapter 11 | Blast of pain
Chapter 12 | Recuperating
Chapter 13 | Vision
Chapter 14 | Housewife
Chapter 15 | Picnic
Chapter 16 | Eloping
Chapter 17 | Journey
Chapter 18 | Abyss sauce
Chapter 19 | Realisation
Chapter 20 | Retribution
Chapter 21| Ragbros
Chapter 22 | Moonlight alley
Chapter 23 | Nostalgic snow
Chapter 24 | Lu Wei
Chapter 25 | Tranquility
Chapter 26 | Snow
Chapter 27 | Back to inazuma
Chapter 28 | Hiiragi Genji
Chapter 29 | Poisoned
Chapter 30 | Goodbye
Chapter 31 | End of Contract
Chapter 32 | Once again
Chapter 33 | Eons
Chapter 34 | Kamisato estate
Chapter 35 | Frozen
Chapter 36 | Your name
Afterwards: part one

Afterwards: part two

677 32 24
By fanfic_writer707

UNEDITED

"I can't be seen," I said to Taroumaru before I went behind the counter. I heard footsteps, and then Ayato's voice.

"Taroumaru. May I have a room? Please do bring the usual tea."

Thoma was with him. This is exactly like volume 6 of 'the time I accidentally discovered my master was gay'. Naturally, I followed them, making sure to conceal my presence.

"Are you sure about this, my lord?" Thoma asked, slight concern apparant in his voice.

"Yes. I'm planning to tell Sora soon."

A gay affair? That's exciting - I mean not. Focus, Sora. This isn't the play of your novel.

"How do you think she'd respond?"

"I don't know. It might be hard for her to expect."

Expect that Thomato bloomed? Damn it, why did I fall in love with him when this was obvious? The chapter title can be 'the gay tragedy'.

Wait no. This can't actually be happening.

I rushed out before I could get caught, and went straight to Ayaka's room. "Aya-chan?"

"Yes?" The reply came from the closet and I walked in to find her struggling to pick an outfit.

"Tell me what you know of what your brother's been up to."

"Hm? What do you mean, Sora?"

"I- I don't know anymore. He's being distant, we haven't gone out in months, I don't even see him if it isn't for work and he won't talk to me about us.."

Ayaka pulled me in a hug and patted my back. "Calm down and tell me, okay? Then we'll see what we can do."

"Okay." I let her lead me to the bed where we both sat.

"I think Ayato's feelings have changed."

"Do you really think so?"

"Yes. I don't want to lose him, but I can't do anything about his feelings."

"I think, before you go on jumping into any conclusions, you need to talk to Nii-sama," Ayaka said. "How about this: he'll be there near Amakane island to meet a merchant today. You can meet him if you make it there by nightfall. Then you can have a long talk, and find out what's wrong. Okay?"

"Okay," I nodded. "thank you, Aya-chan."

"That's what friends are for. Now go. There isn't much time."

The sun had almost sunk to the horizon by the time I made it there, and there wasn't a soul in sight. For a moment I wondered if Ayaka had gotten the name of the place wrong, but decided to search anyway.

The island must've been prepared for a festival, because decor was hung all over. There were small lamps lining a path up a little hill, and lights hung around the trees, making them look like a group of fireflies in the night sky. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom, some of the petals falling and being carried by the breeze before they were scattered across the path.

As I stood on the pathway, I wondered why I hadn't been here before. This would have been even better with Ayato. Even if we didn't talk; to let the silence fill the space together.

After this, will I ever get to do that?

Reluctance had me rooted to the ground even as I saw Ayato move up the pathway in a distance. Surely, he would know I was behind him. He didn't stop. He didn't turn around.

Maybe..if I never ask it'll never happen.

No. I have to.

The hardest choices are ones we have to make in order to move forward. Life will go on even if you don't make that decision. But at least you won't be left wondering what could have happened.

So I walked on. I stayed a few feet behind him, and we walked up the path.

He finally stopped beside the sakura tree that stood at the end of the path. His hair swayed in the wind, brushing over his face softly. As I walked closer, I could see those amethyst eyes that had been a source of distraction ever since I had looked into them. The mole moved along with his lips as he spoke, holding out a hand for me.

"Sora." He pulled me under the tree, and we stood there for a moment in silence, before Ayato broke it. "We need to talk."

"That's funny considering how much I've tried to talk to you this past month and how you've done everything to make sure it didn't happen." I tried to keep the bitterness out of my tone and failed completely.

He sighed, and I took my hand away from his. "Why?"

"Its a little hard to explain."

"Then I'll make it easier. Is it because you don't feel the same way anymore? Or that you have a political marriage planned? Or that you can't stand me-"

He put his hand on my lips and stopped me mid sentence. "That's absurd, Sora."

"What else am I supposed to think?"

"It is true that our relationship won't be the same anymore after this, but listen to me darling."

"You better have a good explanation."

He laughed. "Yes. Yes I do. I would like to change our current relationship-"

"So it is like that?"

"Because," he gestured to something at a tree, and bent down on one knee. "Ever since the first time you tried to assassinate me, my life has been a marvelous adventure. I have never imagined holding someone so close to my heart, because I was used to the idea of using my marriage in politics to protect my sister. Now the very idea of being tied down to someone that isn't you repulses me. I had never imagined that someone could bring out sides I didn't even realise I had. But Kurimiya Sora, you do it so effortlessly. I have this selfish desire to be by your side so long as my heart still beats." He was smiling then, and opened the box. It was a luminous stone I hadn't recognised. The colours of the sunset made it appear magical.

"I want to see your face when I wake up every morning. I want to go on midnight strolls with you in disguise to trick the servants. I want to draw swords with you and spar. I want to cook for you even though you claim I'm trying to poison you."

I couldn't help but laugh at that, and Ayato's lips quivered upwards.

"I want to be there whenever you wake from a nightmare to tell you its okay. I want to see your smile that leaves me breathless at the wonder of your beauty. I want to do little things in life because nothing is mundane with you. You are my forever. So darling, will you marry me?"

"Of course I will." I didn't know from where, but fireworks set off in the sunset as he kissed me under the sakura tree, the ring now slid onto my finger. "I missed you, workaholic."

I played around with his tie, my eyes still on his lips.

"I've missed you too.".

"So did you stop talking to me and going on dates so I wouldn't find out?"

"Yes. It was a meticulous plan with eighty two steps. Although it does seem rather silly now. I've only made you worried about us. I'm sorry." His brows furrowed together, and I grinned.

"You have to take me out a lot. Then I'll consider letting you off the hook." I laughed. It was also a way to make this man take things easy. If someone didn't remind him, he'd probably work without any meal.

"Anything you want," he agreed.

"By the way, Ayato.."

"Hm?"

"Who did you ask to put up fireworks?"

"Thoma. But Thoma had an urgent business to attend, so he asked Itto. Why?"

I pointed at the onikabuto and mora fireworks going off in the purple sky. There was a small boat nearby, with a banner that said 'congrts my bros my dudes'. Itto was waving at us while Shinobu face-palmed.

"I suppose he was trying to spell congratulations."

I laughed as another onikabuto firework lit up. "It's the thought that counts. That's really nice of him to do that."

"It is. He still has no idea about my position."

I turned around so fast I almost got whiplash. "Still? Wasn't he there at the Kamisato estate when we celebrated your birthday?"

"He was."

"You deliberately led him astray didn't you?"

"How accusing, Sora." I stared at him. "Yes, I did."

"How long do you think it'll take for him to find out?"

"I suppose when we get married he'll find out."

The purple had now faded into blue and black, making the lamps around us shine brighter. The fireworks had long ended, and I assumed Shinobu had led Itto away from the scene, since he didn't rush over immediately as I knew he'd try to.

"When will that be? No one except Thoma, Aya-chan and Itto know of our relationship."

"If I carry you into my bedroom tonight, I'm sure that'll get the message across." He smiled slyly, and I resisted mirroring that expression.

"And watch their faces contort from trying to put the pieces together?"

"You know me so well." He brushed a strand of hair aside from my cheek, his hand lingering on my skin.

"Well then, you can start your plan. Although, traditionally, the bride isn't supposed to be in that kind of relationship with the groom before marriage, right? I couldn't give a single fuck, but I don't want to give those elders anything they can nitpick you for."

"Sora, I've spent my years working to be in the position I am in now, and again years strengthening it. I can handle the aftermath. You don't need to worry."

"My fiance's so reliable."

He came closer, close enough for me to take in the smell of cherry blossoms, and lifted me up in his arms. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck, and let out a yelp.

"Ayato?"

"Hm? I apologise. You make me lose my rationality every time you say things like that. Shall we depart now, my fiancée?" He was smiling, and I all but lost my train of logical thought as well.

"Wait, you can't possibly be thinking of carrying me all the way there."

He smiled without a response; a smile I knew all too well.

"No," I resisted as he walked on. "Ayato? You've been working these past days, you workaholic. You haven't had proper rest."

He gazed at me defiantly, his feet coming to a stop. "I've had adequate amount of rest."

"Three hours of sleep isn't adequate."

"I beg to differ, darling. Now if you have no further objections, shall we proceed?"

"You're infuriating to a fault. We aren't even near the Chinjuku forest. And I can walk."

"But I want to carry you in my arms." His amethyst eyes gazed at me in a pleading manner. "Can't I?"

And all my reluctance melted in the heated gaze.

"Okay." I buried my face in his chest from embarrassment. Aya-chan would see us.

The Kamisato estate was in a uproar that night, with some handing money to others, some cheering us on, and some asking the date of the wedding. I guess I had done a good job earning their trust, because even the Shuumatsuban joined a feast Ayaka had arranged to celebrate the occasion.

Several drinks and food were shared as the news spread in the Kamisato estate that their young lord had finally gotten engaged.

Later that night, as I lay in bed, I felt someone come in secretly through the window. My instincts took over and I flipped the person on the mattress, only to realise it was someone I knew all too well.

"I think my back broke."

"Ayato, stop exaggerating. Are my habits of not using a door rubbing off on you?"

"That's probable." He pulled me into his arms and then switched our positions. "Just like that day we met."

He kept staring at me, so I looked away. "Why are you staring?"

"I'm just happy. You make me so."

"I'm happy too. Thank you for not getting assassinated by me."

"Well then, thank you for not assassinating me."

He leaned in to kiss, and I could smell the cherry blossoms on his skin. When he finally pulled away, we smiled until we both broke into laughter, the sound of mirth lingering in the night air.

*****

Now it's truly the end

See ya my bros my dudes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.1K 65
growing up in the palace, you're the adopted daughter of the Raiden Shogun growing up under her care tutelage, she trained you to become a skilled wa...
281K 8.6K 49
"๐€๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐„๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐‚๐„, ๐Œ'๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜." ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐˜๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐€ ๐ซ...
57.4K 2.8K 14
[ thoma x assassin!reader ] You're a skilled mercenary who takes odd jobs all around Inazuma to make ends meet. So when the shogunate hires you to as...
222K 8.5K 42
Was it fate or was it all accidental? Were you born only to be raised in a faraway nation by the Electro Archon? Perhaps it was fate... to be raised...