Wish Upon A Star

By gd_carpediem

Twenty-three-year-old, Sana Minatozaki, an idol and a member of a famous Kpop girl group meets an independent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

23

171 10 0
By gd_carpediem

Jihyo had just left JYP Entertainment when she received a phone call from Jeongyeon. And according to her partner, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung just arrived at the house and saw that Sana and Tzuyu fought. Jihyo quickly got into her car and hurried home to see her friend, Sana. She tried calling the blonde girl, but the other line only keeps ringing and no one answered.

"Come on! Answer your gaddamn phone, Minatozaki...", she mumbled as she started to get worried about Sana after not answering her calls. She put her phone down and just decided to call again the blonde girl after a few minutes. She needs to be calm; focus on the road, and drive safely.

A couple of hours ago, Jihyo arrived at the condo. While she is waiting for the elevator to come down, she did another call to Sana but she couldn't contact the blonde girl anymore. So she drop a message hoping this will be read it.

Where the hell are you, Sana?! I've been trying to call you but you weren't answering your phone. I'm so worried about you. Call me after you read this, okay?

The elevator wide open and Jihyo entered. She pressed the button on which floor their condo was. When she finally arrived, Jihyo didn't go to her room but went straight to Sana's and checked if the blonde girl was already home bT. She rang the doorbell and waited for the blonde girl to open the door.

A few minutes later and Jihyo has been standing in front of the room. Walking back and forth but still no response from Sana. Since she was tired all day, she decided to go to her room and rest there in the meantime.

While she was waiting for Sana, she took a shower first. Until she fell asleep on the couch without realizing it. All of a sudden, the doorbell rang and Jihyo woke up immediately. She quickly stood up and went to open the door. She gasped when Sana appeared in front of her. With bloodshot and swollen eyes from crying. Its face was pale, weary, and full of sorrow that made Jihyo worried so much. This is the first time she saw Sana being like this, a complete mess.

"Sanaaa...What happened to you? Why—". The short-haired girl was interrupted when Sana quickly hugged her tight. A loud wail was heard all around.

"Ohmygosh...Come inside and sit here. Tell me what happened?!". She made Sana sit on the couch and hugged the blonde girl again.

In her arms, she let Sana cry. Sana let out a sob. The blonde girl was crying so hard. She cried and cried until she no longer could. Her heart sunk in pain. Her body felt numb and almost had her sanity lost.

"Jihyo......Tzuyu broke up with me. It hurts so much!", Sana cried in agony.

Jihyo was just listening quietly while softly rubbing Sana's back; trying to make her friend calm down. She bit her lower lip to prevent herself from crying. She could not bear to see Sana suffering and being hurt like this. It made her heart shattered.

From what she had heard about Sana and Tzuyu's complicated status, she already knew that this would be the outcome. The only thing she couldn't accept was why Tzuyu did this to Sana.

Everyone knows how much Tzuyu loves Sana. That's why she felt betrayed after she entrusted her friend to Tzuyu.

Jihyo touched both of Sana's cheeks. She slowly caressed it and wiped away the tears that keeps on flowing while trying to smile in front of her friend.

"Aigooo...Look at these eyes of yours, they were not attractive anymore. You're eyes were already worn-out. Please, stop crying now, Sanayah..".

Jihyo deeply sighed with fret.

"You can do this, right?".

"I~I can't. I don't want to lose her, Jihyo. I love her this much", Sana whimpered.

"Hush now. Don't say that. You're a strong and brave woman. Besides, I'm here for you. I always will."

Jihyo's tears started to fall as she encouraged her friend. She then wiped away her tears immediately. She stood up to get water for Sana.

"Wait. I'll just get you some water to drink", she excused.

---

"Sanayaah...", Jihyo called out.

But when she came back, Sana was fast asleep on the couch. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it was exactly 11 pm. She put the glass with water on the table. Then she went to her bedroom to get pillows and a blanket. When Jihyo returned, she turned off all the lights and just left one light on for them. She adjusted Sana's position and then she lay down next to the blonde girl. After that, she put the blanket on them and then hugged Sana to give her friend warmth.

"I know it is hard for you but I believe you will surpass this. Everything will be okay", Jihyo whispered while gently caressing Sana's head.

When we love someone, we share in their successes and we are there for them in their disappointments and hurts. Friendship love gives support and encouragement and most importantly a friend is always there to listen. The love in a friendship holds a special place in our hearts.

---

Meanwhile, Tzuyu is currently confined in the hospital. She was still lying unconscious on the bed with oxygen attached to her and a device placed on her chest.

Tzuyu's friends, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung were with her in the room. They were waiting for Tzuyu to regain its consciousness. Neither of the two was talking. They were just stunned while looking at their friend. They could only hear their anxious breathing and noise coming from the apparatus that was being attached to the tall girl's body.

After a while, the door opened and Tzuyu's parents entered. At that time, Mr. And Mrs. Chou had just finished talking to Dr. Kang about what happened to their daughter.

The two girls were surprised and immediately stood up and bow their heads in respect to Tzuyu's parents.

"Good evening, Uncle Yi-cheng."

"Good evening, Aunt Yen-ling."

The girls said in unison as they greeted them with a wistful smile crawling across their lips.

"Aigooo......Aigooooo..These kids." Mr. Chou let out a sigh as he approached Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung who was still standing in front of them. "What's with the faces? Come on! My daughter is gonna be okay. Don't be sad." Mr. Chou, gently pinched the girls' cheeks to make them smile.

"Girls, my dear daughter was just sleeping. I guess, she tired herself too much again but she's fine", the old man explained to the girls. A soft smile formed on his lips but behind that smile, just like the two girls, Mr. Chou was also sad and frightened about her daughter's condition.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung could no longer control their feelings anymore and pretend they were fine in front of the old man. They both started to cry as they remembered Tzuyu's saddened revelation earlier to them.

"So my dear daughter already told you about her condition....", Mr. Chou whispered as she gave Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon a long tight hug and then softly caressed their backs to make the girls calm. "Don't worry. We don't stop looking for a heart donor for Tzuyu. For now, all we have to do is to wait".

On the other hand, Mrs. Chou was just sitting beside Tzuyu. With sadness in her eyes, she watched her daughter sleep peacefully. She holds Tzuyu's hand and gently caresses it.

"My daughter, Mommy's here now", Mrs. Chou whispered.

Suddenly, Tzuyu woke up after two hours of being unconscious. She was freaked out while repeatedly uttering only one word.

"Sanaaaa!".

This was the first word that comes out of her mouth.

Sadness is on its face. Her eyes could only see pain and hands that were cold as if they were looking for warmth that had been lost for a long time.

"Ohmy dear daughter...You're finally awake. It's okay. Everything is fine now. Please, go back to bed." Mrs. Chou caressed her daughter's cheek as she soothe away the worries of the girl.

Mr. Chou, Chaeyoung, and Jeongyeon immediately turned their heads where the voice they heard came from. The two girls quickly wiped away their tears. There was a trace of gladness on their faces when they saw that Tzuyu has regained consciousness.

Tzuyu was taken aback when she realized that she was in the hospital. She then remembered everything that happened before she passed out. She removed the oxygen from her mouth; looked around and when her eyes met with her mother's, tears streamed down her face and there she wept loudly in her mother's arm.

"M~Mom, I lost her. I broke up with Sana."

"I hurt her, Mom..."

Tzuyu sobbed her heart out. All she could do now was cry. Because no matter what she does, she can't change everything that happened. It still cannot be changed the fact that she will not last much longer.

All her life, Tzuyu already knew and accepted that she will come to this point where she will going to die. The only thing she couldn't accept was why everything happened so fast. Now that she already experienced being happy in her entire life and found it with Sana. Deep inside of her, she still wants to live. She wished she can live longer.

Her mother hugged her tight who was now also crying because Mrs. Chou couldn't bear to see her daughter suffer like this.

Back then, when Tzuyu was still young, her parents always saw her cry whenever she felt pain in her chest and bring the girl to the hospital. It was the last time they remember their daughter crying. When Tzuyu grows up until she reaches this old age, they never see her daughter cry anymore. So now, this was the first time again that Mr. and Mrs. Chou witnessed and saw their daughter cry. And as parents, the pain they feel is too much, a severe pain, when they see their child hurt.

Tzuyu's father immediately walked over to them to hug her wife and her daughter. He bit his lower lip to hold back his tears. He needs to be strong for his family.

Meanwhile, the two girls couldn't bear to watch their friend hurting like this, especially seeing this painful scene of Tzuyu together with her parents, as a whole. Chaeyoung looked away from them and just sat down while silently crying. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, clenched her fists as she tried to hold back her tears.

"Where are you going?", Chaeyoung asked her friend in a low voice. 

"I will just buy something outside. I'll be right back". Jeongyeon answered without looking back at Chaeyoung.

After that, she took a step and walked out of the room. She thinks that this place is not helping her right now. This painful sight and the cries were the only noise that echoed throughout the room. It makes her feel suffocated which is why she needs to stay away for a while to breathe and be alone.

---

Jeongyeon's POV

I left them in the hospital for a while to get some fresh air. I couldn't breathe as I feel the weight inside my chest. Like what just happened now? A lot of things happened and my head can't absorb anything. I looked at my wristwatch and didn't realize it was 11 p.m. I couldn't go to Jihyo to tell her my grievances because I know Sana needs her even more. I felt bad for Sana. She had really no idea what was going on. But, I can't blame Tzuyu if that's the only decision that she thinks was right.

I walked around until I reached a nearby store. I bought two bottles of beer and started to drink them by myself. While I was just sitting outside the store; staring at the bottle I was holding, I didn't realize that my tears were falling again and my sight becomes blurry. This is the pain and sadness I feel for my friend.

Why?!

Why does all this have to happen?

I whispered to myself; biting my lower lip to prevent myself from sobbing.

Fck!!!

"I thought you would buy something for me too?".

Someone suddenly spoke behind me and I knew it was Chaeyoung. Just like me, I know she couldn't stand watching them in such a situation. So I won't be surprised that she's now here with me.

I immediately wiped away my tears before she saw me like this. I cleared my throat and let out a chuckle.

"You are ruining my moment here", I said to her.

"That's because you took so long to come back to the hospital. And now, I will see you here drinking alone? Why you didn't invite me. How rude you are?!". Chaeyoung took the other bottle of beer on the table and immediately sat down across from me. She takes a sip of it before talking again with me.

"What are we gonna do now?", she asked while watching the stars in the sky. I took my deepest breath and answered her, "Did you just ask me that? Idiot! I also do not know the answer".

"She's an asshole to keep it a secret from us", Chaeyoung said in a low voice.

"She really is..." Then, I gritted my teeth and tightened my grip on the bottle I was holding.

"Since then, she always helps us with everything. Always looks on us. She supported us in what would make us happy. And then now, this is what gonna happen to her?! This life is so fckin' unfair!".

"Yeah..so unfair."

After that conversation, we became quiet and the only thing we did was just drink and emptied the bottle before returning to the hospital. We decided to stay and watch over Tzuyu tonight.

---

When we got back, we saw Uncle and Auntie on their way out to the hospital. We talk to them and insisted that we will take care of their daughter tonight which they agreed to. They take this as a favor to us since Tzuyu wants them to go home and rest instead of staying here with their daughter.

"Thank you for always being there for our daughter", Auntie Yenling said softly as she hugged the both of us.

"Alright, Auntie. Don't worry about her. Leave that stubborn kid to us", I said which made them laugh.

"You guys, don't stay up late. Arrasso?", said Uncle Yicheng. We nodded and waved at them as we bid our goodbyes.

As we are here now in front of her room. I slowly opened the door but immediately closed it when I heard Dr. Kang talking to Tzuyu.

Tzuyu's POV

"You're an asshole."

"We've talked about everything, haven't we? And you chose to get treatment here instead of going back to Taiwan and undergoing your therapy there. Because you said to me that you don't want to leave Sana. And now, you're telling me that you already broke up with her? This isn't your plan. What's wrong with you?!

"Stop scolding me, Hyung. You're not my parents". I took a heavy sigh and then I leaned my back on the headboard.

"Yah! Don't talk to me like that. Be thankful because your parents are kind and they are very soft when it comes to you. That's why I'm here, I will be the one who will always scold you for being hard-headed." Hyung Daniel said and let out a chuckle while he checked my heartbeat. He then take a glance at me and I saw how serious he was looking at me.

"You said you want to live long. But what are you doing, Tzuyah? You are only making your condition worse."

I averted my eyes at her and looked down at my fingers and I fidgeted. I kept quiet for a while then began talking again.

"Because she doesn't deserve me."

"Hyung...."

"I will not live much longer. I'm dying and I don't want her to be hurt because of this reason. That's why I broke up and told her I cheated on her. I think it's a better idea for her to keep moving forward after we ended up."

"And how about you?"

"What about me?"

"Come on, Tzuyu. Don't pretend that you didn't know yourself. What is for you? What do you need? What makes you happy..."

"And about your condition? That's not sure yet. That's why we all do everything good for you. I'm here to help you with your treatment while we are still waiting for your donor. All you have to do is trust the process. Trust in God. Trust yourself. You know that miracles happen all the time, Tzuyah. You just need to keep fighting for yourself."

"You stubborn kid, don't lose hope already." He ruffled my hair while showing his smile at me.

"By the way, you can go home by tomorrow. I'm leaving now so you can rest already. Goodnight, Tzuyah.."

"Goodnight, Hyung.."

"And thank you."

I suddenly thought all about what he said to me. I only went back to trance when Hyung Daniel tapped my shoulder as he bid goodbye to me. I nodded at him and lay down on the bed; closing my eyes so I can sleep now.

"I know you two have been there and listening to us. Come inside now and turned off the lights."

My friends, Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung quickly entered the room and did what I said. The next thing that happen, surprised me. The two lay down next to me. Jeongyeon was on my right side while Chaeyoung was on the other side.

"Yah! Both of you. Get up! You two smell like sht..", I said bluntly at them while kicking their ass off the bed. I could smell the beer from them.

How could these two drink without me while I'm in this state?! Traitors!

"You're so rude! We just want to sleep beside you!", Chaeyoung whined as she clung to my arm while Jeongyeon turned her back on me and pretended to be asleep already.

"You guys were so unbelievable! I said get out of the bed now. I can't even move my body. Can you guys just sleep there on the couch instead?!". I said annoyingly as I keep on pushing them. As I expected, they didn't listen to me and I couldn't do anything but allow them to do what they want.

"Alright! Just for tonight and this will never happen again." I sighed in disbelief as I surrender. They slowly turned to me and I heard a soft giggle from them. All of a sudden, I felt their arms crawled over me; giving me a warm hug. And before I closed my eyes, I heard them say goodnight.

Thank you for always be my side, you two dorks!

---

I was ready to die anytime. But then I met a special woman. She made me want to go on living. And for the first time, I was afraid of death.

-Tzuyu

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a vote from you guys and I will smile automatically. 😅❤️ Thank you to those still willing to read this story and wait for the updates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 418 17
"Oks! No problem, boss!" Chaeyoung playfully raises her arm in a salute. "I love you!" She steals a quick kiss from the other girl's cheek before jog...
28.3K 1.1K 32
Minatozaki have fallen in love to her Friend's Cousin named Chou Tzuyu but this girl is straight and already have boyfriend, what will she do? Will C...
125K 6.2K 31
❝ How can you possibly fall in love with a criminal like me? ❞ 082018 - 031319
47.5K 1.4K 80
"3 2 1. One in a Million. Hello we're TWICE!" Accept requests! A super baby Once making a fan fiction of as a Twice member, something for Once who w...