• Only Time Will Tell •

De jada_nb

Just read you won't regret it... Mais

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
New Characters!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Brief Intermission
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
*Announcement: New Story!!*
~ The Final Chapter ~

Chapter 4

1.3K 58 4
De jada_nb

Sade's POV:

I don't think I was breathing at all and I wasn't sure if I wanted to. Her eyes were breathtaking and I could get lost in them for hours. I took in her features, her plump lips, button nose, freckled cheeks, caramel skin, and voluminous curls. She looked as if she was doing the same, and took a moment to look at my lips but her eyes didn't stay there for long.

I was dying to know what she was thinking at this moment. We were so close I could smell the fried oreos on her breath and the flower scent perfume she wore.

I wanted to kiss her badly, but not like this. I had just finished crying and my sinuses were in no good condition for me to be putting all that in someone's face, especially not hers. Backing away from her slightly, I looked down at the armrest. Lauren cleared her throat,

"So where's your car? I'm sure you're tired and want to go home," she said, staring straight ahead. I nodded,

"It's around here somewhere, not far, I'll walk to it," I answered, opening her car door.

"Okay I'll walk you." She got out as well.

"No it's okay Lauren you don't have-"

"Sade, no, come on I'm walking you," Lauren cut in before walking over to me. "Lead the way," she instructed with a nod. I did so.

The drive home was quiet, yet so many thoughts stormed my mind...

Why didn't I kiss her?

Does she even feel the same? Did she want me to kiss her?

Should I just ask her out?

Should I act like it never happened?

Damnit what if I missed my chance?

That damn Jasmine. Why did I let her get to me?

My eyebrows furrowed. "Ugh! Dumbass!" My hands gripped the steering wheel, as I groaned. I shook my head, hanging it in frustration.

I'm just going to ask her out, fuck it.

~ 2 Days Later ~

"SADE!!!!" My mom's voice shot me up out of my sleep. I could've had a damn heart attack. I rolled my eyes,

"WHAT! I'M SLEEPING!!" I yelled downstairs to her from my bed.

"WELL WAKE UP! GET DOWN HERE!"

"Oh my fucking-" Groaning, I threw my covers back before putting on my slides, sweatpants, and sweatshirt because I sleep with minimum to no clothing.

It's Sunday and I do not have time for her shit.

Flying down the stairs, not even caring if I fell, "What is it mother," I huffed.

She was standing over the stove, cooking breakfast, her back turned to me. "I'm about to go to work, and I have something to do later so I need you to watch your sisters today."

I rolled my eyes behind her. "Oh so screw my plans right?" I asked sarcastically.

"Don't get smart with me girl," she retorted sternly, I rolled my eyes again,

"You woke me up on a Sunday out of my sleep for this mom, really?" My eyes squinted at her, and she turned around. I quickly fixed my face.

"Well yes and no, I needed to talk to you face to face before I left" she said, sounding more serious. It worried me.

Does she know something? But I haven't done anything? Or have I?

"Okay....." I said hesitantly, sitting at the stool at the kitchen island. "What's up?" I asked, not sure if I wanted an answer.

"How are you doing?" My mom sat across from me.

I raised an eyebrow. This shit is suspicious as hell. "How am I doing?" I repeated, "I'm okay I guess."

I shrugged and held my breath waiting for her next move. She just looked at me as if she could find the real answer.

"You sure?"

"Yeah...why? What's wrong?"

"It's just....you're my oldest and you'll be going away soon-" she trailed.

"Oh, mom!" I whined, interrupting her.

"No seriously Sade, I know we're not the closest and I've realized lately that I'm to blame. You're my daughter and sometimes I forget to treat you as such. You've always been so mature and understanding, but you never really got the chance to be a kid because of me."

"You been going to therapy or something?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow , "cause I don't get where this is coming from all of a sudden."

"I've been talking to someone, yes," she nodded.

"Well then," I exhaled. "Its fine mom, really, you're just as much a person as me. You make mistakes just like the rest of us I don't expect you to be perfect," I explained.

"See Sade, that's the issue, I've done this to you. This extreme independence and maturity you have is because of me and not in a good way. I know I can't fix it and it's too late to try....but I want to at least try to get a better relationship between us now." I looked down at my fingers as a lump formed in my throat. "I don't want you going away to college feeling like you're doing it on your own, I want you to know you can count on me and have my full support in whatever you chose to do, okay?" It was silent as I tried my best not to cry. Therefore, I gave her a nod as an answer.

Assuming she saw me on the verge of tears, my mom shot up from her seat to rush over to my side. "Oh Sade honey, I'm so sorry, I need you to know that.'' I just nodded again, falling into her embrace. It felt weird hugging and crying to her like this. I've always been the one to be strong for her, now all of a sudden she wanted to flip the tables as soon as I'm getting grown and about to leave? It didn't seem fair at all and it kind of pissed me off but life isn't fair I guess.

The rest of the day was pretty chill despite the rocky morning. I just stayed in my room mostly, but I'd occasionally walk around the house to check on everyone. By now I was watching 'HTGAWM' when my sister barged in,

"Sup whore," she said, busting through the door and hopping on my bed. I paused my show,

"Sup thot. What you want?" I asked skeptically.

"Oh nothing," Lyric sighed, then smirked.

"Lyric-" I warned,

"Okay, okay!" She trailed then mumbled, "Alyssa and Essence asked if I could go to the movies." My sister looked down at her hands. I squinted at her,

"Okay....what that got to do with me?" My face was straight when I asked.

"Sadeeee," she whined, dramatically laying down, spreading her limbs over my bed. "Pleaseeeee," Lyric begged, then smirked. "I'll buy you food..." she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I tried to hold in my laugh as I grinned "Alright fine, and I want a milkshake" she lunged on top of me and squeezed me,

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" I giggled,

"Yeah yeah, whatever, get away," I waved her off.

She hopped off of me with a wide grin. "Okay be ready by 6, I'll get dressed and tell 'Thena and 'Mara to be ready."

I nodded. "Alight whatevs."

It was 3pm now so I had time to maybe take a nap and then get ready. I dozed off as I thought it out.

I woke up at around 5pm, feeling very well rested. We had to leave at 6:30 so I got out of my bed and went to my bathroom to take a shower.

As I was in there, I thought about Lauren, and Friday night. I wondered if she felt the same, and hoped she did. I remembered that I told myself I'd ask her out and began to get nervous. What if she turns me down? Does she even swing that way? I mean hey that could change... Do I really want something with her? Or am I just girl crushing? Nah, it's definitely more than that. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

I shook the thoughts out of my head as I turned the water off and got out. I put on light makeup which consisted of mascara, light blush, and brushed eyebrows. I put my hair in a half up half down claw clip style with two pieces in the front and threw on my skims dress with some platform doc sandals. I grabbed a cropped cardigan sweater from my closet and put on a single necklace and sugar scented perfume.

Looking myself over in my mirror, I nodded before turning to grab my keys and purse and I headed down the stairs. It was now 6:45.

I came down the stairs to find my sisters already down there, sitting at the island, chatting. They turned their attention to me as they heard my footsteps,

"Well it's about time heffa, come on let's go," Lyric said as she jumped from her seat, Athena and Amara followed.

I rolled my eyes and followed them out the door, I locked it as they all got in the car, and I got in soon after.

Lyric is sixteen, but still doesn't have her license, so she decided to make me her personal driver, even though I never agreed to it. Athena and Amara are thirteen, and fraternal twins, extremely fraternal. They're total opposites yet got along like best friends.

We're all pretty close, and I made sure of that sense our mom was rarely ever home because of her working. I wanted them to have someone they could count on and come to without fear of judgment or disappointment. I didn't but I wanted to make sure that they did.

"Hey Sade, I told some friends to meet us there, is that cool" 'Thena asked me looking up from her phone and meeting eye contact with me through the rear view mirror,

I shrugged, "Yeah sure I don't care."

"Okay cool," she nodded.

We were settling into our seats as the previews played when my phone buzzed. I looked at it to see that Lauren had texted me. Oh shit.

Lauren🥰
Hey you, what ya doin?

Me to Lauren🥰
Oh nothing, just took my sisters to the movies. Why, what's up?

Lauren🥰
Nothing, I just wanted to check in on you. I hadn't heard from you since Friday and I just wanted to make sure you're okay. Are you?

Me to Lauren🥰
Yeah, again I'm sorry about that, it's just that Jasmine has this way of getting to me, we have a sort of history and it wasn't pretty. Sometimes she says things that just hit too close to home and I have a hard time ignoring her. I appreciate you being there for me though, it means more than you know

Lauren🥰
Yeah I caught on to that, I just don't understand how someone could be so spiteful. But of course babe, I meant what I said, I'm here for you Sade, as long as you'll have me🙃

Me to Lauren🥰
Thank you Lauren🥰🫶🏽

Lauren🥰
Hey question, what's your middle name? If you don't mind me asking...

Me to Lauren🥰
Lol, that's random, but no I don't, it's Emerald

Lauren🥰
Really?! That's so pretty! Sade Emerald Harper. Dang girl your mom's a genius.

Me to Lauren🥰
Bahahaha, I guess, I don't know. What's yours?

Lauren🥰
Michelle...basic I know🙄

Me to Lauren🥰
I think it's beautiful 🙃

Lauren🥰
Ah stahhhpp😌

Me to Lauren🥰
💀I'm serious, it really fits you. Lauren Michelle Johnson. Sounds important 😏

Lauren🥰
Oh shut up🤣

Me to Lauren🥰
I'm fr💀

I giggled as I put my phone away hearing the movie start. 'Thena looked over at me and grinned as she looked me up and down,

"What?" I asked with a nervous laugh in my voice

"Oh nothing darling" she shrugged her shoulders with a smirk as she slowly turned back to face the screen. I squinted my eyes at her,

"Ugh-"

She chuckled under her breath before leaning over to 'Mara and faintly whispered something in her ear. I paid it no mind though as I turned to watch the movie.

~~~~~~~~~

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
2.9K 98 5
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
4.7K 121 8
taylor x fem!reader 💌💌 - ||*. 🫶🫶
64.5K 3.2K 46
I like girls who like girls