Bungou Stray Dogs One Shots

By Jyung_0829

So I have been reading these everywhere before a ridiculous, yet insisting, thought came to my mind. "Why don... More

Introduction
Soukoku
Fyolai/Fyogol
Shin Soukoku
TaniHara
KuniKatai
Fyolai/Fyogol(as children)
Soukoku(as children)
Author's Note
Odango
Soukoku
Soukoku
Fyolai/Fyogol
RanPoe
HiguGin
Soukoku
KuniKatai
Suegiku
Shin Soukoku
RanPoe
Fyolai/Fyogol
Author's Note
Random
Fyolai/Fyogol
FukuMori
RanPoe
Requests/Ideas
RanPoe
Taking Care of a Child
Fyolai/Fyogol(Highschool AU)
RanPoe
KuniKatai
Fyolai/Fyogol(as children)
Suegiku
TaniHara
Fyolai/Fyogol
FukuMori
New Year
Merry Christmas Part 1
Merry Christmas Part 2
Intentions
Shin Soukoku
FukuMori
Fyolai/Fyogol
Suegiku
Fyolai/Fyogol
RanPoe
TaniHara
Shin Soukoku
Suegiku
Suegiku
Suegiku
TaniHara
Incorrect Quotes
Author's Note
FyoLai/FyoGol

Suegiku

1.2K 28 91
By Jyung_0829

Requested by Kira_follow! I hope it is up to your expectations :)

"You're not dead right?"

A male used his foot to gently poke at another male's side. The male whom he had poke let out a groan before rolling himself over. "No. Feels like it though" he replied weakly as he grabbed the other's outstretched palm and heaved himself up.

The Hunting Dogs had received a mission. Surprisingly, Fukuchi stayed with them instead of going off to wherever like he did before, but Jouno knew that the only reason he stayed is to probably just finish the last they had left for him and get all the praise while they lingered in his shadows, their efforts less praised to the public.

How pathetic. But what does it matter? After all, that's the way the system works. The ones given a title can do the small final touches to the rest that completes the whole thing and get recognition, while the ones that are 'normal' doesn't get a look in. Even if it took all of their effort to do the parts of the entire thing, they will rarely get a single recognition.

Yet again, what does it matter?

Suehiro pulled out his sword and used it on the opponents, taking them by surprise by using his ability to increse the length of his sword and bending it. Jouno barely had enough time to get on his feet when he got hit by an ability.

"Jouno?! Are you alright?!" He heard the other's voice. It sounded distant, yet he knew that the brunette was standing quite near. He took a few steps forward before feeling as if he was falling into a deep void.

Falling and falling and falling...

Until he landed on a flat surface with a sickening crunch.

△▽△▽△

He woke up to the birds chirping and the light shining through the parted curtains. Was he dreaming it all along? He sat up in bed, looking at the pool of light lingering on his white blanket.

Suddenly, a huge, pounding headache arrived. He let out a groan as he rested his palm on his forehead, slightly massaging it to see if it will slowly fade away.

Then his realization hits him. He could actually see the light shining in. The pool of light on the blanket. The color of the blanket. He looked around, taking in the views he wasn't able to have before.

How was it possible that he could see again? Then he remembered he was hit by an ability. Was the ability the reason why he could have the experience of seeing again?

Then someone suddenly came in, banging the door open violently and startling the other. "Jouno! Are you alright?"

The said one was ready to start his usual lecture about opening the door quietly instead of straight out banging the door when he got distracted by the other's face. The other stood at the doorway, noticing a small difference. His lover's eyelids were wide open, revealing blue eyes that would have been bright if it didn't look strangely clouded.

Not so strange since Jouno was blind though.

Jouno stared hard at his lover's face, blinking several times to make sure that it wasn't his hallucination or something. Holy shit, he's hot was the first thing to come into his mind. Then he noticed a concerned look on the other's face and realized that he hasn't answered the brunette's question yet.

"Yes, I'm fine"

"That's good to know"

They stayed silent for a while. Suehiro lightly tapped his fingers on the doorframe, wondering on what to say. Every words that formed into sentences in his mind are too...well, blunt, awkward, and straightforward. Whilst he wondered about this, an irritation began growing in Jouno as the tapping of the fingers continue on.

"Oh for fuck's sake, stop doing that tapping action, Tecchou, it's irritating." The tapping ceased as the other took his hand off the doorframe while he replied, "Sorry."

Jouno sighed, running his own fingers through his slightly messy bed hair. Another silence grew between them until Suehiro let out a small cough. "I'll…leave you alone then" was the last thing he said before leaving the doorframe, closing the door quietly behind him.

Jouno let out a small hum as a reply. He was surprisingly calmer than usual today. He look around, taking in the sight once again before forcing himself to get out of bed. He walked to a door that he assumed was the bathroom and went in. His assumption was right, but he felt like something was wrong. Something that he forgotten to do. He frowned, thinking. His towel? It was hanging in the bathroom. Soap? He glanced at the shower place. There was plenty of that. Toilet paper? He checked. Nope, there are several rolls left. Then what is it he's missing?

Then he realized. Every morning, he would always stubbed his toe at the nearby small stool and say a curse word each time. Since he could see now, he managed to dodge around the stool. He hesitated before going back and straight away hitting his own toe on the stool to get back the same feeling.

Suehiro could easily hear the curse words from the living room.

△▽△▽△

"So…you can see?" Suehiro asked, reaching up to play with Jouno's hair. Jouno hummed as a response, playing with the other's hair. The brunette quietly braided a lock of his lover's hair as he remembered the time he tied up his lover's hair into a small ponytail. A small smile formed on his face before he could think about it.

"Your heartbeat rate has quickened and you're smiling. What are you thinking about?" The male noted, smiling at the other. Suehiro stared at the threatening smile and wisely chose to live. "Your hair"

"My hair?" The other would have slightly tilted his head in confusion if the brunette wasn't playing with it.

"I tied your hair into a ponytail"

"Please, not that again," Jouno mumbled. He had requested his lover to tied his hair back on a scorching summer day but had forgotten to ask him to untied it after a few hours of working on paperwork. As a result, he walked around with the small ponytail that caused nearly everyone to turn around and stare at him, some judging and some confused. Eventually, Tachihara commented on his hair and made him aware that he was walking around all day with a ponytail.

Suehiro slightly winced at the memory of him getting scolded for hours from not telling Jouno about it. How could he tell Jouno that his hair was still tied up when he himself had already forgotten that he had tied his lover's hair?

They stayed in their position for quite a long time peacefully, the comfortable silence growing between them. Which was why the both of them got startled and ended in Suehiro falling off of his lover's lap and the couch when both of their phones rang at some point, interrupting the peaceful moment.

Jouno took out his phone with ease after observing the brunette and deciding that he was fine. He stared at the contact name for a while. Hunting Dogs' Groupchat

Why on earth was someone calling their groupchat? Jouno wondered as he answered the call at the same time Suehiro did. "Hello?" "Tecchou speaking"

They heard the voice of their youngest member after a few seconds, greeting them. Then Teruko's voice came through.

"I need all of you here, stat! It is importa- Tecchou are you with Jouno right now?!"

Suehiro blinked for a few seconds, failing to see how is that related to whatever his vice-commander wanted. "Yes?"

A delighted squeal emitted from her. The pair stared at the phone, both beginning to wonder if their vice-commander was fine. Tachihara seemed to sense their confusion through the device as he immediately said, "Teruko ships the both of you together"

"…What?" Suehiro was still confused. What does shipping the both of them mean? Are they going overseas?

Jouno, on the other hand, understood what the redhead said and gave a small smile to himself as he replied, "Why should she ship us when we're already dating?"

Silence stayed for a few seconds as the trio processed the male's words. Then their commander entered the call with a laugh. "Hello, everyone! Sorry for not coming in earli- damn, what happened?" He managed to sense the silence.

Teruko suddenly yelled through her phone, making Jouno wince as he held the phone away from him. "BOTH OF YOU ARE DATING?!"

"Who is?" Fukuchi asked, sounding surprised. Tachihara would have answered his commander's question if he hasn't been so stunned himself. Teruko would have answered if she wasn't so…upset about it. "Why didn't you tell me?!?"

"Now why would I do that?" Jouno enquired, still keeping the phone away from him. Suehiro noticed the commander's contact in the call and wondered if he could answer his question through sending messages.

"Because I am your vice-commander!"

"I wasn't aware that details of my PERSONAL love life should be told to my vice-commander," Jouno emphasized 'personal' to get his point across. It was his own love life, why should he go around talking about it?

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Fukuchi was still confused. Teruko suddenly swapped into some kind of a simpering woman, turning Jouno's face into a disgusted expression. Suehiro blankly stared at the screen. As for Tachihara, only the blind male can hear him pretending to throw up.

"Jouno and Tecchou are dating, sir," finally Tachihara answered his question. A silence grew between them before Fukuchi finally said, "Jouno and Tecchou?"

"Yes?"

"Yes, sir?" Jouno had a bad feeling about what was going to happen. And he seemed to be right with the bad feeling.

"Are you aware that dating your colleagues isn't allowed?"

"Huh?" Tachihara's voice interrupted, confused. He had read the rules of joining the Hunting Dogs, but he didn't found one anything about dating your colleagues. Did he somehow go pass it?

"Dating your colleagues can come in the way of your work, and I think we all know what happens if we fail to complete our assigned work, right?"

Death.

Suehiro stayed silent, but his free hand was clenched into a fist, the skin turning paper-white on his knuckles. Jouno bit his bottom lip harshly, drawing blood from it as he managed to crack the skin of it.

Teruko and Tachihara seemed stunned as well judging by the silence coming from them. Fukuchi sighed before continuing on, "I'm really just trying to look out for the both of you"

"Yes, sir," Suehiro mumbled, his fist clenching tighter. Jouno stayed silent, continuing to draw blood from his bottom lip. Tachihara was going through his memory of the rules, trying to find the rule that doesn't allow the action of dating your colleagues. Teruko was torn between protesting and her love for the commander.

Would the two of them had to break up now? Over some rule? Jouno raised his hand up and started to bite on his thumbnail. Suehiro pulled his lips into a thin line, his skin threatening to break through his knuckles.

Suddenly Fukuchi laughed, snapping Jouno out from his thoughts. Suehiro was stunned at the sudden laugh. Surely this wasn't some laughing material?

"I am just kidding, boys! Congratulations to the both of you!"

Suehiro let out the breath he has been holding, relieved. Jouno still seemed tensed up though, even after Fukuchi's comment.

They ran through a talk about a mission, Jouno unusually being the most silent. The brunette sat beside the blind male while Tachihara was asking a question and gently held the other's hand, making him flinch at the sudden touch. Suehiro then gently tapped on his hand five times, a message only the both of them can understand. Are you alright?

Jouno nodded, letting out his held breath. Suehiro used his thumb to gently rub circles on the other's hand, helping him to calm down. The other laid his head on the brunette's shoulder, hearing the comforting beats that his heart made.

Everything is going to be okay for the both of them.

Ideas:

A/N: Sorry for taking so long! A lot of drama happened lately and took up so much time ah… the rest of the requests will be completed and published soon, I promise! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
466K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
274K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
599K 12.7K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...