Dangerous Illusion

By SenjutiSardar

Carlos Valentino, the head of the Italian Mafia. A name that brings chills to your spine. Ruthless, powerful... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Rose
Carlos
Rose
Rose
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

Chapter 6

2.4K 54 3
By SenjutiSardar

"So, tomorrow you should reach the airport on time."

"Yes, ma'am"

"Why do you sound so uninterested?"

"It's not that. I'll be away from university for so long, so, I'm giving some assignments. I don't want my students to lag behind just because I'm taking a leave."

"How generous of you, Professor Smith. I don't know how you put up with them?"

"It's not how I put up. It's about how fun and interactive I can make my lectures. I teach a subject that needs to be compared with reality and I don't believe in only giving them bookish knowledge. They find my classes interesting and in return, I find them tolerable."

"Okay. Then tomorrow we are meeting. I just can't believe that we are flying off to Bali for my wedding."

"You have told the same things ten times for the past half an hour. If you still can't believe then should I send someone to slap you? That person can make you believe everything."

Suddenly the voice over the phone changed. A husky, male voice. I understood it's Valerian. Usually, he doesn't jump into our conversation but maybe this time he have some plan.

"Watch what you're saying, Rosy?"

"Hello to you too, Val. I heard your voice after ages."

"Don't talk about slapping my fiancee."

"Hey, stop right there. She can be your fiancee but before that, she's my best friend. So, I can say whatever I feel like and for that I'm not ready to listen to any of your blabbering."

A small pause. I can feel that Alisa has become tense. She's trying to calm us down but then we burst into laughter. This is what our relationship is. I met Val through Alisa but after that, we became very good friends. 

"Baby, you seriously thought that we'll be fighting over such a silly thing? She's my friend too."

"Oh Gosh, I just missed Alisa's tensed face. I just can't control my laughter."

"You should have seen her face. She became so pale."

"Stop. Just stop. You two are so mean."

"Val, please make it up to her after I hang-up because I don't want a cranky Alisa tomorrow."

"Yes, boss. I'll be on it."

Again a burst of laughter. I know Alisa is pissed but these are the little moments that you'll remember when you look back at your life.

"Okay, bye guys. I'll reach the airport. We'll meet tomorrow."

"You know my brother is coming right."

"I know. Why are you sounding like that's the worst thing ever?"

"He has some really bad attitude which can piss you off but he has a good heart."

"Why are you telling me? Its not that I'm the one who is getting married to your brother. Its just one week then again we'll be on our paths."

"But we still ship you."

And my chirpy little thing is back. She really loves to piss me off with her shipping thing. She shipped me with every handsome guy possible since high school. Maybe that's a fun game to her.

"Okay, my shippers, get back to your work and let me finish giving my assignments. And Val tomorrow I want a walking best friend, not a crawling one. Last time we had to cancel a whole day out because of you. Careful there."

"Oh God, Rosy please put some filter on your mouth."

"No, not happening. I'm happy with my unfiltered mouth. Bye."

After finishing my last bit of packing I climbed on my bed with the thought that how it would be to finally meet Carlos Valentino in person. Whatever it be, I'll make sure I have the upper hand in everything. 

*****************************************************************************************

Today I literally flew throughout the house because of the panick to reach the airport on time. My Uncle was not ready to leave me alone in a cab after seeing my condition. He gave me a lift to the airport. Now I'm standing right in the middle of the airport but there's no sign of Alisa. Why? Why everytime I reach so early?

After almost half an hour I saw my best friend coming through the entrance literally clinging to her fiancé but then I saw a very handsome man behind them. If I'm not too wrong his height will be around 6'3" almost making me feel like a lilliput. It is evident from his muscles that he's really particular about his gym routine. His shirt buttons are almost struggling to keep themselve together. God has sculpted every part of him with great care. Any girl will be willing to push their panties down for him but not me. When I finally saw his face, I understood that I was caught staring. Then I heard Alisa whispering to Val.

"I told you she'll be drooling over him."

"Yes. After our wedding we can prepare for another one."

"I'm really pissed at you Alisa Amante. Stop talking shit and tell me why the hell are you guys late?"

"Sorry for being late but now we are here. So, take a chill. First let me introduce you to him. Carlos Valentino, the boss of the Italian mafia. And Carl this is my best friend, Rose Smith, a professor at the Westwood University."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Valentino."

"Nice to meet you too, Ms. Smith"

We shaked hands and I felt a sudden rush of electricity went through my spine. This never happens to me but if these things continues then my whole game plan will be destroyed and I can't let that happen. I pulled my hand rightaway and I know he's confused with my actions.

"So, we can meet and greet once we board the plane. You guys are already late, so, I think we should go."

"Ms. Smith, you haven't been on a private jet right, that's why you don't have the knowledge... we can board it whenever we feel like. Calm down."

"No, Mr. Valentino, I've never been in a private jet. After all I was not born as fortunate as you. But I know you can board it whenever you feel like. I'm pretty sure that you have given a particular time to your pilot and crew and I know that they are on time because they love their job and they respect you. So, when they can respect your commands, then you should respect them too. Try to come on time someday, you'll feel good. And Mr. Valentino you are showing your attitude to the wrong girl."

"Okay stop bickering. Lets board the plane."

Without sharing a glance we went through the exit and reached the plane. The pilot and his crew were waiting to welcome us. They greeted all of us and we went in. Indeed I've never seen a private jet. We settled down and again we were treated with champagne. I think by the time she gets married I'll taste every brand of champagne.

I took a window seat and Alisa and Val sat right across me looking like a couple who are so much in love. Mr. Valentino sat far away from us. He was having a phone call with one of his men. If I don't observe him , I will not be able to understand his motive but right now I'm not in the mood to observe anyone. That man can be very hot and sexy but he has pissed me off the second we met each other.

The jet took off just after we boarded. The pilot announced that it'll take half a day to reach Bali, so, it will be around midnight. But nevermind anything for my best friend even if I have look like a crap with a jet lag on her wedding events. After almost two hours Alisa started fidgeting. When I asked her what happened she told me she want to experience the Mile High Club. Like seriously that girl is delusional but can't blame her even, after all its a long flight. I don't know why they took my permission but they went through a door at the end of the jet which seemed to me like a cabin.

Thank God I brought my favorite novel to get through my boredom. At first I thought I'll hack into some important systems for information but then I thought I cannot give off anything to Carlos right away. An economics professor with amazing hacking skills, nah, sounds suspicious to me. 

I don't know when I drifted off to sleep but when I woke up I saw Carlos sitting across me. He was staring at me. When he saw that I caught him staring, he immediately shifted his eyes.

"Mr. Valentino, take a picture it'll last long."

And out of the blue he said, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for saying those things at the airport. I had something going on in my mind at that time."

"So, is it sorted now?"

"Yes, it is. Sorry again for my behaviour."

"So, Mr. Valentino is not as grumpy as it is said in the headlines. I accept your apology and I'm sorry too."

"Please, call me Carl. And you read about me in the news?"

"Then call me Rose. To answer your question, Carl, I can't even avoid it when everyday you are on the frontpage."

He smiled. For the first time since I met him. He looks so carefree. I shouldn't think such things but then he's not my enemy. Yet. If something goes south then we can think about it. Right now I like this carefree Carlos Valentino.

"I may seem cold to everyone in this world but I'm not like that to my family. I just don't want to reveal my true self to anyone outside my family."

"So, am I a part of your family?"

A long pause. We held our gaze as long as possible and then breaking the silence he said, "Yes you are. Since your best friend is getting married to our brother, you become a family to us."

"Okay."

And we again shared a smile with each other. Maybe this gateway will not be as bad as I thought. Carlos Valentino is off guard right now and you can see people's real face when they are off the guard. And I know, soon I'll get to know what he is up to....

***********************************************************************************************

From the next chapter you will get to read alternative POVs. So, I hope you guys are as excited as I am. Love you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448 120 20
....I could feel his breath on my neck.. "My work is to give others pleasure.." I managed to say between heavy breathes.. " Its okay kitty.. But who...
15.2M 123K 10
[preview] "The Stripper and the Mob Boss" ❦ A sickness of Anastasia's sister leads her towards a huge debt. When her friend comes to her with a solut...
2.1M 55.3K 60
Daisy Brooks never had an easy life. The tragic death of her mother shattered her world and left behind a huge void. Her alcoholic father filled her...