Kai Romanoff

By waveylays

When Clint Barton found Natasha Romanoff that special day in Budapest, he also found her with a little girl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
Authors Note
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113

93

1K 40 5
By waveylays

      Nat, Tony, and Kai sat in the same meeting room as before waiting for their next orders.
                "I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Secretary Ross asked as he walked into the room.
        Kai rolled her eyes at his presence.
                 "We will. GSG 9's got the borders covered. Recons flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it." Tony told him.
                 "You don't get if Stark it's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting special ops on this." Ross told them.
               "And what happens when the shooting starts? What you kill Steve Rogers?" Nat asked.
              "Not very patriotic of you, Secretary." Kai raised her eyebrow at him.
             "If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math." Ross said.

               "All due respect, you're not gonna solve this with boys and bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring him in." Tony told him.
               "And how would that end any differently than last time?" Ross asked.
               "Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours guaranteed." Tony told him.
                "36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson." Ross walked out.
                "Thank you sir." Tony called.

                "I hate to say, I told you so, but ya know-told ya so." Kai looked between Tony and Nat.
                "My left arm is numb. Is that normal?" Tony asked.
                "You alright?" Nat asked patting his shoulder.
                "Always. 36 hours, jeez." Tony sighed.
                "We're seriously understaffed." Nat joked.
                "Oh yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?" Tony asked.
                "Do you really think he'd be on our side?" Kai asked.
                "No." Tony shook his head.
                "I have an idea." Nat said.
                "Me too. Where's yours?" Tony asked.
                "Downstairs. Where's yours?" Nat asked.

¥¥¥

Kai, Cedric and Tony road in a black SUV through the streets of Queen's to a small compartment complex. Tony was about to recruit a young superhero but had to convince the Aunt that it was actually just for an internship and thought of he brought the Kai and Cedric, it would put her mind at ease, seeing two young kids with him.

"Kai, here get in this." Cedric held up his phone.
Kai lend in and smiled. Cedric smiled as well and took a picture.
"Oh great, Kendall is gonna love this." Cedric said as he sent the snap.
"Kendall?" Kai asked.
"Jenner. We've been talking." Cedric told her.
"Seriously? Out of all the models?" Kai asked.
"Well Gigi is still taken now isn't she." Cedric scoffed.
"Stark you are corrupting my poor little Hufflepuff." Kai told him.
"Yeah uh take it up with HR. We're here, remember our cover." Tony looked at the kids in the back seat.
Kai just gave him a sarcastic thumbs up.

The car stopped and the three got out. Tony hit the buzzer and a women answered.
"Uh hello?" She asked.
"Hi this is Tony Stark. I am here to talk to a Mister Peter Parker." Tony said.
"Oh my goodness, yes, yes come on up." She said and they heard a buzzing noise.
They walked in and up the flight of stairs till they got to the right floor.
"Just follow my lead." Tony told them before knocking on the door.
Not a second later a women in about her thirties opened the door with a big smile.
"Hi, I'm May Parker, Peter's aunt." May said.
"His beautiful aunt." Tony smiled.

May chuckled.
"Please come in." May stepped to the side.
"Thank you, Miss Parker. Uh this is my assistant and the head assistant of the Avengers team, Cedric Diggory and of course this is Kai Romanoff." Tony introduced them as May shut the door behind them.
"Oh yeah, I uh recognized you from TV." May pointed at Kai.
"Mm yeah, that's a good place to recognize me, ya know with my past and everything." Kai joked.

May just smiled and nodded while Tony shook his head disappointingly at her.
"Please sit down. I just made some tea would you like some?" May asked.
"That would be delightful. Thank you." Tony sat down on the couch.
Kai and Cedric smooshed together on a love seat.
"I thought it was funny." Cedric whispered to her.
"I appreciate it thank you." Kai whispered back.
May walked back into the living room with a tray of cups of tea. She sat it on the coffee table and sat down next to Tony.
"So uh why are you here? Not be rude or anything but-" May laughed.
"No of course not. Uh we are here about the grant, your nephew applied for. He didn't tell you?" Tony acted.

"No, no he didn't mention it." May shook her head.
"Is Peter here?" Kai asked.
"No he's out at robotics right now. School starts in about a week for him so he's probably just enjoying the last few days of his summer." May told her.
"At robotics?" Kai asked and immediately felt Cedric pinch her leg.
"Smart kid." Cedric smiled.
"Oh yes very. But back to this grant." May said.
"Right, well you have a bright kid and I'd like to sponsor him and maybe give him a standard internship at Stark Industries. I actually wanted to take him out on a little trip to New York. Let him work there for a couple hours see how well he adjust." Tony explained.
"Oh wow, that's amazing." May nodded.
"Once in a life time experience. I know when I interned at Stark Industries it completely changed my life." Cedric told her.
"Kiss fucking ass." Kai mumbled to him.

Suddenly the door opened and Peter walked in.
"Hey May." He said completely by-passing them.
"Hey Peter, uh how was robotics?" May asked.
"Eh it was alright. There's this crazy car outside." Peter said and then he noticed the two avengers in his living room.
"Oh Mr. Parker." Tony said.
"Um-oh my god-uh what are you doing here-I'm Peter." Peter rambled.
"Tony. And that's Cedric and Kai." Tony pointed over to them.
Peter looked over and gave them an awkward wave then looked back at Tony.
"What are you all doing here?" Peter asked.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my emails right?" Tony asked winking.
"Yeah, yeah, regarding the-" Peter started.
"You didn't even tell me about the grant." May said.
"The September Foundation. Remember when you applied?" Tony asked.
"Yeah..." Peter said.
"I approved so now we're in business." Tony took a sip of of his tea.

"And you didn't even tell me about it? What's up with that? You're keeping secrets from me now?" May asked.
"No it's just I know how much you love surprises. So I thought I would let you know-Anyway what did I apply for?" Peter asked.
"That's what I'm here to hash out." Tony pointed at him.
"Okay yeah hash it out." Peter nodded.
"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt." Tony said.
"Yeah well we come in all shapes and sizes ya know." May chuckled.
"This walnut date loaf is exceptional." Tony said.

Kai looked on the platter and realized food was on it.
"Let me just stop you right there. Is this grant got money involved or whatever? No?" Peter asked.
"Yeah, it's pretty well funded." Tony nodded.
"Yeah? Wow." Peter said.
"I mean look who you are talking to. Can I uh have five minutes with him?" Tony asked May.
"Of course." May nodded.
"Baby widow, you come with. Cedric you stay out here and keep, Mister Parkers beautiful aunt company." Tony instructed.
Kai sighed and stood up following the two boys into a small bedroom. Tony shut the door behind her and spit out the walnut date loaf into the trash can.

               "As far as walnut date loaf goes that wasn't bad. Oh what do we have here, retro tech huh? Thrift store? Salvation Army?" Tony said.
             "Uh the garbage actually." Peter said.
             "You're a dumpster diver?" Kai asked.
            "No-well uh I wouldn't actually call it that-but um I definitely did not apply for your grant-"
Peter started.
            "Ah-Ah. Me first." Tony interrupted.
           "Okay." Peter squeaked.
           "Sorry he's incredibly rude, but Rick so we keep him around." Kai told him.
            "Quick question of the rhetorical variety. That's you, right." Tony pulled out his phone and showed Spider-Man swinging around.
             "Uh no." Peter stuttered.
             "Yes it is I recognized the costume from that night on the roof. Good to see you again bug boy." Kai patted his shoulder.

Peter tried convincing them that it wasn't him but Tony just opened the flap on his roof and the costume flew out. Peter rushed and hide it behind his back.
                "So you're the Spider-ling. Crime fighting spider. You're Spider-Boy?" Tony asked.
                "I'm Spider-Man." Peter said.
                "Not in that onesie your not." Tony shook his head.
   Kai let out a laugh.
                  "You know I was having a really good day today Mr. Stark." Peter told him.
                 "Who else knows? Anybody?" Tony asked.
                 "Nobody." Peter shook his head.

                 "Not even your usually attractive aunt?" Tony asked.
                 "No, no. If she knew she would freak out. And when she freaks out, I freak out." Peter said.
                 "I bet ten bucks Cedric is out there chatting her up." Kai said mostly to herself.
                 "You know what I think is really cool? This webbing. That tensile strength is off the charts. Who manufactured that?" Tony asked.
                 "I did." Peter told him.
                 "Climbing wall, how you doing that? Adhesive gloves?" Tony asked.
                "It's a long story, I was-" Peter started.
               "Lordy can you even see out of those. Kai check that out." Tony tossed Kai the mask.

  Kai caught it and brought the googles to her eyes.
                "I can't see shit out of these, you're lying." Kai said.
                "I can see out of them. It's just that when whatever happened, happened-it's like my senses have been dialed up to eleven. There's way too much input, so they just kinda help me focus." Peter grabbed the mask away from Kai.
               "You are in dire need of an upgrade. Systemic, too to bottom, hundred-point restoration. That's why I'm here. Why are you doing this? I gotta know what's your MO? What gets you out of that twin bed in the morning?" Tony asked.

                 "Because-because I've been me my whole life, and I've had these poets for the last six months. I read books, I build computers. And yeah I would love to play football, but I couldn't then so I shouldn't now." Peter tried explaining.
                "Sure cause your different." Tony nodded.
                "Exactly. But I can tell anybody that, so I'm not. When you come do the things that I can buy you don't and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you." Peter said.
                 "Trust me, I get it. How many seventeen year old girls do you know that are super soldiers. Yeah you wanna look out of the little guy, I respect that. Make the world a better place all that." Kai said.
                "Yeah, just look out for the little guy. That's it." Peter nodded.

   Tony sighed and stood up from his chair.
                "I'm going to sit here so move your leg." Tony told him.
    Then he sat down next to him and patted his shoulder.
               "You got a passport?" Tony asked.
              "No, I don't even have a drivers license." Peter said.
              "You ever been to Germany?" Tony asked.
              "No." Peter shook his head.
              "Oh you'll love it." Kai said.
              "What? I can't go to Germany." Peter said.
              "Why not?" Tony asked.
              "I've got homework." Peter said.
              "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." Tony stood.
              "I have school in less then a week I can't just leave." Peter shook his head.
              "Yeah that's a bit reckless I guess I'll just tell aunt hottie I'm taking you on a field trip-" Tony reached for the door knob.

   Peter webbed him.
                "Don't tell May." Peter told him.
                "Alright Spider-Man. Now get me out of this." Tony said.
                 "Right sorry." Peter nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 69.4K 120
''I thought people always remembered their first kiss.'' Katariina ''Katya'' Petrova grew up with Natalia Romanova in the same institute, trained to...
399K 9.2K 40
Hayley Rose, also known as Agent 15, was a hidden gem amongst the Agents and scientists of SHIELD. She was a blur in the corridor, a myth to Field Ag...
18.1K 456 35
Kai Barton is the oldest daughter of Clint and Laura Barton. Kai was Clint's biological daughter, but when he and Laura married, Laura adopted her an...
96K 2.1K 70
The Potter's have Harry but they also had a daughter, Daisy, she was taken when was three by the Red Room albeit she thinks she was abandoned she bec...