Goals Off Court | SatoSere

Από amourology_

When the top basketball player Ash Ketchum and his team damage the school property by mistake, he's the one w... Περισσότερα

Aesthetics.
Chapter 1 - Probation
Chapter 2 - Coincidental Meeting
Chapter 3 - First Lesson
Chapter 4 - Far From Done
Chapter 5 - Only Time Could Tell
Chapter 6 - Progress
Chapter 7 - Challenge
Chapter 8 - Denial
Chapter 9 - Proving Himself
Chapter 10 - Distant Thoughts
Chapter 11 - Heated Dance
Chapter 12 - Farther Than Closer
Chapter 13 - All It Takes
Chapter 14 - Paired Lesson
Chapter 15 - Conflicted Feelings
Chapter 16 - Game Of Denial
Chapter 17 - Mesmerizing Sight
Chapter 18 - Only You
Chapter 19 - Forbidden Desires
Chapter 20 - Temptation
Chapter 21 - Honesty
Chapter 22 - Final Lesson
Chapter 23 - One Text Away
Chapter 24 - Apologetic Mind
Chapter 25 - Lost Chance
Chapter 26 - Starting From Zero
Chapter 27 - Closer Than Strangers
Chapter 28 - Kept Promise
Chapter 29 - Into Uncertainty
Chapter 30 - Deeper Meaning
Chapter 31 - Back On The Floor
Chapter 32 - Inevitable Feeling
Chapter 33 - Light Up My World
Chapter 34 - Not So Friendly Fire
Chapter 35 - Connection At Home
Chapter 36 - Out Of Our Control
Chapter 38 - Ballroom Tension
Chapter 39 - Drunken Intimacy
Chapter 40 - Departing Together
Chapter 41 - Advice Night
Chapter 42 - Kissable Tango
Chapter 43 - Complex Love
Chapter 44 - Extra Lessons
Chapter 45 - Unexpected Growth
Chapter 46 - Distraction Injury
Chapter 47 - Tasteful Gift
Chapter 48 - Dinner With Friends
Chapter 49 - The Invitational Practice
Chapter 50 - The Decision
Chapter 51 - Dancing In The Sheets (18+)
Chapter 52 - Healing & Improvement
Chapter 53 - Music On The Piano (18+)
Chapter 54 - Dreams To Reach
Chapter 55 - Conflicting Goals
Chapter 56 - Secrets Unfold
Chapter 57 - Two Opportunities
Chapter 58 - Deeper Feelings
Chapter 59 - Win & Arrive
Chapter 60 - Goals Off Court
Acknowledgement

Chapter 37 - Struggling Feelings

148 7 0
Από amourology_

Seeena looked through the glass sliding doors, staring at her mother' back for minutes. He sat on the porch steps, looking down at something she couldn't make out yet. Finally, she slid the door open. The cool air hitting her face had tamed her nerves.

Grace could hear each step she made on the brick porch. When Serena stood by her side and sat down next to her, she saw her mother flip through a photo album.

"You were something else back then," Grace started. "You had moments where you wanted to give up, but you never did." She sounded lost and distracted, eyeing the different photos of her daughter.

Serena could see the guilt written on her mother's face. She turned away, staring at the healthy, green plants that littered their yard. It seemed to have a calming effect on her along with the wind airing out her burning eyes.

"I should've been there for you more, dear."

Serena didn't argue with that, because she was right. She should've tried more and she had learned that eventually, her mother wasn't there. She closed her eyes at the thought, feeling remorse at the thought. Serena didn't hate her for it. She doesn't think she genuinely ever could.

"I don't... think so much on it. You shouldn't either," Serena spoke at last, her throat clearing from the hard rock that formed.

Grace's eyes widened, turning away from the photos and to the side of her face. "But, Serena—"

"I did think—sometimes—that you were disappointed in me." Serena gave a wobbly smile. "For not taking your path as a professional horse rider."

"Why would you think that? I could never be disappointed in you. I'm proud of everything you've done up until now."

"It felt as if things changed when I spoke to you about my real dream as a ballet dancer." Serena said, her eyes falling to the ground. "You were always there when it came to horse riding training, but not the times where I could show you how serious I am about what I chose for myself. Dancing is my passion and just a second of seeing you in the crowd would've sufficed."

"Serena." Grace grasped her hand in her strong hold. "Disappointment is the last thing I could ever feel towards you. You've come a long way, one I didn't imagine when you were a young girl." She looked at her strongly with watery eyes. "I have my regrets. My regrets of not being there for my daughter in the most precious moments that won't be given back to me."

"I've pushed you away." Serena squeezed her eyes closed, but the tears were helpless and pricked from her shut eyelids. Shaking her head in sadness, she went on, "I blamed you. I let my emotions get the best of me. I've said things. I've been a terrible daughter. I know it's not your fault. You're busy and I understand that." She looked at her with so much hurt, her eyes shining with heavy drops.

Grace saw the grief that laid in her and she slowly looked down from her face. Serena cleared the short tears that leaked from her eyes with her thumb, pushing her knees up and encircling her arms around to hug them closer to her chest. She leaned her chin in the dip between both knees.

"I'm sorry," she said hoarsely.

Her mother looked utterly flabbergasted. "For what?"

"For everything."

"Dear," Grace blinked a few times before shaking her head. "You don't have to be sorry. I should be the one who's sorry."

"I couldn't understand your absence, but you didn't deserve what I've done and said to you." Serena faced her, resting her cheek on a knee.

"Nor did you deserve the same from me, but you were upset, Serena. I wouldn't—I never held that against you. I did deserve it." Grace's hand came and smoothed down Serena's hair. "I love you. More than you know. I'll always love you no matter what you do. There is nothing to forgive. Me on the other hand..." She sighed, her hand freezing at the back of Serena's head. "I can't redo the past, but I can do better in the present and future."

Serena opened her mouth to interrupt, but Grace stopped her, placing her hand on her arm.

"I didn't give you the support you needed. Now if I tried to tell you that I'd miss my races for your performances, I'm sure your stubbornness would've told me not to," Grace said offhandedly, the both of them sharing a small chuckle. "I wasn't the best. There are things I've done when you were young, such as underestimate you in your dream. I shouldn't have drove you to do things you didn't want to do and I should've treated you better. The only question is... do you forgive me?"

There wasn't anything Serena could say, but she did give a slight motion to her head, indicating Grace was forgiven. They created a short silence between each other, listening to the leaves brush and feel the breeze whip through them. Then her mother spoke.

"About that competition you told me about..." Grace began, smiling. "You said 'we' as in you and Ash. Are you two participating together? As partners?"

Serena nodded, looking away. "Yes, we are."

A look appeared on Grace's features as if she was hiding something. She rubbed the palms of her hands together. "I actually got you a new dress before you came. I know how much you adore fashion, so I hope it's up to your standards. It is designed by the famous fashion designer, Diantha, you've loved and admired so much since you were young."

"Mama—" Serena's eyes widened, her blue orbs searching her mother's matching ones. "You didn't have to."

"It's the least I could do, dear." Grace finally grinned, surprisingly looking calm as if she didn't most likely spend hundreds of dollars for a dress made by the Diantha. "I also ran out before dinner while you and Ash were busy in the guest house to get him a new suit to match. The both of you can try them on to make sure they fit right."

Serena felt her eyes get glassy, but she held back the amount of emotion she felt.

"I'm sure the both of you will do great." Grace's went on, her gaze softening. "You are your mother's daughter. Just make sure to—"

"—Go for broke, of course." Serena looked back at her mother with a small grin, finishing her sentence. "Yes, I will. Thank you, mama."

"That's my girl," Grace said proudly, pausing for a moment. There was a certain look in her eye that was confusing to Serena. "I know you've... supposedly made things clear before, but are you into that guy... Ash?"

Put off by her question, Serena answered quickly in a stutter. "Him... and I are just... friends. Nothing more," she said in a low whisper.

"I see," Grace said with a slow nodding. She took a breath, eyeing her thoroughly from her wandering eyes. "Serena, you don't have to lie to me." Grace exhaled quietly and Serena looked up at her hesitation. "I questioned your friend during dinner today because I saw the way he looked at you. He seemed... infatuated with you."

Serena lips twitched then she closed her eyes with a shake of her head. "You didn't have to put him in the spot like that," she reprimanded. "But things... are complicated. His roommate said he does have a thing for me, but—"

"And you to him," Grace said before she could continue. Serena opened her eyes widely. Grace's mouth opened and closed, unsure if she should speak up on something that wasn't her business, but deep down she wanted the best for her daughter, especially knowing what she knows. "You know I've gotten hurt from my past relationship and I know you've had your fair share of relationships in high school. But you also ended up hurt, dear. You weren't even fond of the idea of a relationship anymore. It's your life and I have no right to say anything, but I don't want that cycle to repeat."

Serena thought back to how her and Ash ended up back together in the studio. He was there for her forgiveness because of hurting her. When she was a young girl, she told herself she would find someone she loved, who would love her back, and they'd live happily ever after. That princess and her prince together in love fairytale. It was a bit illogical, but it was that little girl's desire and side dream. She grew out of it, but she knew what her mother was saying and her advice was valid.

Serena bit her bottom lip as her heart battled its confusion. "Me and Ash's friendship is what I care for..." Her voice had trailed off. The skin between her brows crinkled together, her mind straying. Her fingers started to tap on her leg.

"That's good." Grace nodded back, accepting her answer, unperturbed by her look of bemusement. "I want you to choose a path that makes you happy. This Ash... might be a good friend now, but the more I was around him, he seemed troubled. I can see it in his eyes. Don't hurt him either. Don't hurt each other."

She could see it too.

"I know. We had our on and offs." Serena bit the inside of her cheek. She didn't want to make Ash look bad, so she continued on, "But he's a good person. I promise. I wouldn't have invited him here if he was the opposite." She laughed quietly.

Grace looked over her and Serena squirmed uncomfortably. "Be careful," she warned, softly.

Serena nodded at her wordlessly.

She soon found Ash at the guest house. When she opened the door, he stood at the couch. His bag was placed on the cushions. His hands reaching in it to unpack clothing for bed, she could assume. Her mind drifted to earlier at the dinner table and she took a few steps towards him, till she was only inches away. Eyeing his small bag and his clothes, she spoke.

"My mom got us a matching outfit for the competition."

Ash looked surprised. "Really?"

Serena huffed out a laugh. "I didn't expect it either."

"At least we'll be prepared," he said in a small quirk of his lips. He glanced at her smile then went back to taking out some items from his bag. He said, "What makes you so shocked about it? Even though, suits have never been my go to style, I think it's cool."

"Well, I didn't expect my mom to— you know..."

Ash chuckled softly.

"With how we've been, it was the last thing I thought she'd do when it came to dance. Thankfully, she didn't push the thought of us ever being more than partners." It was a flippant thought and slipped out involuntarily. Noticing the slow of his hands and the dying of his lips, she wished she could take the regretful words back. "Anyways, you're right. I'm grateful and at least we'll be prepared." She said with strained brightness.

"Where did she get the outfits?"

"She said they were made by the famous fashion designer, Diantha. I've always loved her work. She's also an actress, but that's besides the point."

Ash blinked, smiling nervously at Serena's so to say, fan girling. "Uh, so— Who's that?"

Serena's eyes immediately went to looking like they were close to popping out their sockets. "First, flowers. Now you don't know who Diantha is? Okay, the flowers—understandable, but Diantha? You go to college in Kalos, for gods sake, and she's—if anything—the most famous and successful woman in this region! Alongside the top dancer, titled queen, Aria!"

"C'mon, cut me some slack!" Ash put his hands up defensively. "Do I look like the type of guy to know anything about the deeper meanings of flowers or the slightest thing about fashion?"

Serena tilted her head to the side, taking that into consideration because he had a point. He definitely wasn't.

Ash carried her gaze, everything was screaming in him to look away, but as much as he tried, there was no way to. Serena took his thoughts and his very essence and made it hers that he didn't know if he wanted it back.

She inhaled, breaking their moment. "I'm sorry about my mother... earlier."

"It's fine," Ash smirked a bit. "She was being protective over you. I get it."

Serena's smile tight-lipped. Her gaze surveyed the couch. "Well, we should go to bed." She shrugged and smacked her hands on her thighs to wipe her suddenly sweaty palms. "You'll be okay with the couch?" She gestured towards it.

He nodded dismally, running his tongue over his lips and Serena eyed the movement before he took his bag and placed it on the floor with no attention to her studious gaze.

"You know, if you're uncomfortable sleeping on the couch, you can join me on the bed," Serena said genuinely and Ash froze with his back towards her.

Fingers played with each other, her feet shuffling on the floorboards; waiting for him to object... or accept. She wasn't sure which one she was hoping for.

Serena had no idea what she was saying. She sounded like a mess who had been hot and cold since they arrived. These feelings or this connection felt like it was getting stronger by the minute, but she can't bring herself to regret inviting him. He had been so good to her since they left while she had been a fickle mess around him.

It was like time ceased to exist—making her brainless as well. Rolling her eyes at herself, she turned to walk away.

"Hey, Serena." Ash halted her fleeting form, but she didn't turn around to look at him.

The air drifted to silence, waiting on him to make the move—to succumb to their desires. His presence behind her seemed to be struggling with itself.

Then finally, he whispered, "Goodnight."

She'd be lying if she said she didn't wish he accepted her unspoken offer.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

150K 2.6K 31
Serena Yvonne is normal 16 year old high school teen who lives in Vaniville Town and she is kind, happy, beautiful and all those positive things you...
272K 6.4K 60
After travelling back to Kanto from a long holiday with his Mom, Ash finds all of his friends in the Kanto region. They all meet and discover a tourn...
2.1K 73 12
Ash gets betrayed by some of his closes friends! Then he founds out something about his Heritage that changes everything!
31.1K 341 25
Ash gets betrayed by all his friend (except Gary) he isolates him self But wht if disaster and a tournament arise its a chance for ash to prove hi...