Spying is my life... But now...

By KenZ_Dizzy95

Sadie and Sam are back from Christmas break and already starting another mission, they have to go back underc... More

Prolog
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Epilogue.
Authors note.
Book 4 sneak peak!!!
Attention!!!!!!!

Chapter 3.

16.1K 544 45
By KenZ_Dizzy95

I opened my eyes and looked toward the window, it was sunrise. And I still didn't have toe in class till 10, since it was college after all. I got out of bed and got dressed in some running clothes, the went me door quietly and knocked on Jace's door. When he opened it he was drubbing the sleep from his eyes yawning, I rolled my eyes at him and waited till he was ready.

"We'll good morning to you too" I said sarcastically, entering the room after he opened the door wide enough for me to walk in.

"What are we doing up this early? Class doesn't even start till 10, I thought we would be able to get a little more rest than usual." He complained in a groggy voice.

"Either way I still get up around this time because of my internal alarm clock, so you and me are going running." He rolled his eyes at me but went to get dressed. After he was done we headed outside to go running around the campus. After about 2 minutes of silent running we slowed down to a jog, and I finally broke the silence.

"So tell me something about you that I don't know"

"Me, me? Or Jace, me?" He asked with a smirk.

"You you, you idiot" I said playfully pushing him.

"Alright, um" he thought for a second. "When I was 12, I had my last year of a normal life"

"What do you mean? I thought you said 15 is when you started?" I asked confused.

"Yes, that is true. But you also know that you have to train before start, right?" I nodded. " so that's what happened. My dad pulled my out of school and put me with the other kids that grew up in this kind of life, they taught me the basics and what I needed to know. Though they don't do that good of job." He said with a chuckle.

"They taught me how to shoot, and how to use a knife. But they never taught me anything like you did, just the basics so we would know- incase we needed to defend ourselves. I had no friends growing up, no one did. They wouldn't let you be friends there, they tried to make you emotionless robots, control everything you do. I never did want to get into the business, but my father made me, and you couldn't really get out once your in- without dying that is."

"My father was one of the top people they had, much like you are where you work. Except I'm sure you could take him on any day" he chuckled and I smiled, I didn't realize that we had stopped running and had sat down on the grass nearby.

"My mom never wanted me or my brother in the business, but she couldn't really stop it. And when I turned 13 they took me away from her, my brother had already left us 2 years before and I was all she had left. Well except when my dad would come home every now and then."

"Now your turn, tell me something about you" he said after it was quit for a minute.

"Not much to tell" I mumbled wrapping my arms around my knees and leaning my head on them.

"Oh I'm sure you could think of something... You said a few days ago that when you got into this, it was because you had nothing. What did you mean by that?" He re-opened our unfinished conversation from when we were sparing.

"Exactly what I had said, I had nothing... Sorta like you, you were taken away from everything you loved. Well everyone I loved was taken from me, my parents died when I was 6 in a warehouse explosion. They were the only thing I had, if they ever went away for a mission like that they would always leave me with Greg, so he was already used to taking care of me. So after they died, he just took me in permanently" I said with an emotionless voice.

"I don't remember much of how or what happened that day, I might have just blocked it out. I just remember someone telling me that my mom and dad can't come home, so I was going to stay with Greg. From then on when he couldn't watch me, he would just send me to training."

"After a while I remember wanting to be at training everyday, and soon enough I basically lived with everyone there, everyone was like family because I saw everyone so much. That's also how I met Kip, he was one of the people who started training with me from the very beginning. I didn't pick up a gun till I was 10, but I did learn with knifes. I can't even believe that they let a 8 year old play with knifes" I chuckled.

"By age twelve I had a team. Nate, Clair and Austin. We were awesome together, we worked together for 3 years until... Well you know that story" I dryly chuckled

I guess I zoned out, because I found myself staring out into the distance without realizing it. When I came back I felt something warm on my hand, I lifted my head up from my knees and looked down to see Jace lending me comfort as I told him some of my story. I blushed slightly when I realized that we were holding hands, his thumb stroking the back of my hand in a comforting way.

"Wow, I can honestly say you have been through way more than me. I mean getting taken away from your family is one thing, but having them taken away from you like that is completely different." I smiled and shook my head some.

"Yeah true, but I also had an alternative family... You grew up in a worse environment, that was probably the worst out of everything"

"Lets just agreed that we both had some bad things, and neither of them trumps the other persons" he said with a humorous chuckle, I laughed with him and nodded my head.

"I can't believe we've been here for 4 days, fells like just yesterday we got here" I said looking around the campus.

"Yeah...." He said drifting off, then he gets this funny look on hiss face after looking at his watch. "We should like probably be heading back like now, because like school starts in like an hour and I need to like change" Jace said in a girls voice, looking down at his clothes in fake disgust. I busted up and laughing at him and he pulled me to my feet with the hand he was holding.

"Don't. Eeeevvveeerrr. Do that. Again"I told him after I stopped laughing.

"Fiiinnee" he whined hanging his head with a fake pout. All of a sudden his head snaps up and he has a smile on his face. "Race ya back to the dorms!" He says and stakes off.

"Cheater!" I yell after him and take off to, a smile on my face the size of the cheshire cats.

~

We arrived in class and I ended up sitting next to Jennifer and her friends, while they were talking away I scanned around the room. I saw a few famille faces from the party or from seeing them around camp, and then in the back I saw Kyle, he caught me looking and have me a small wave. I have one back them turned around, continuing to scan the room.

About have way through Maths I was already done with the questions he had us answer from the white board, so I thought of what I could do to get to Kensington's business.

After a few minutes of just sitting there a thought finally dawned on me, I could call Nate. Have him pull some strings for me, that would probably be the easiest thing to do. When the bell rang I grabbed up my bag and pushed the glasses further up my nose, then headed out the door. I made my way thought the crowd of people that were around and headed outside, it was an hour before my next class starts so I had some free time.

When I finally got to a clear area where I was sure no one could hear me, I pulled out my phone and dialed Nathan's number that I had memorized from last month. It rang a few times before he picked up, and he answered in his business voice.

"We'll hello to you too" I snorted into the phone.

"Oh, Sadie?" He asked a little astonished.

"Yeah"

"Wasn't expecting a phone call from you" he said kind of amused.

"We'll I wasn't planning on calling you until 15 minutes ago" I chuckled.

"So what's up?"

"I need a favor"

"What kind?"

"I need you to pull some strings for me, there's this guy over here in Rhode island that is a dealer. I need to get in with him, and I figured that with your connections in your uncles business and all, that you could help with that" I crossed my fingers.

"Does his name happen to be Kensington?" He asked after a minute of silence.

"Yeah, that him"

"Whatever it is your going in for must be serious... But yeah, I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks a bunch, I really owe ya" I sighed onto the phone.

"Yeah ya do" he chuckled lightly. "I'll call you with the details, and do I need to do anything for your partner as well?" He asked.

"No, he's not going in with me... But I'll be fine" I said when I heard him sigh.

"K, well let me get started on this, I'll let you know the outcome"" with that he ended the all.

I sighed and sat down against the bass of the tree I was leaning on, and thought about what I would do and how I could act when or of he gets me in. If he can't I need to think of an alternative plan, and fast. I need to be able to get him out of there ASAP. A couple minutes later the bell rings, I get up and hike my messenger bag over my shoulder, push my glasses back up my face and went to my next class.

When I got there I saw Jennifer leaning over a notebook, doodling to pass time. I went to the seat next to her and sat down, she looked up when she heard the seat scoot a little, then smiled when she realized that it was me sitting next to her.

"Hey, I didn't realize we have this class together" she said in her normal voice, looking back down to her drawing.

"Yeah, I didn't either." I smiled.

"Hey, so you have free next period or you have a class?" She asked looking up.

"I think I have class, then free"

"Cool, me too. You wanna grab lunch? All the girls have free and are going then, so I would be all by myself unless you wanted to come" she said in a innocent voice, probably trying to guilt trip me. I laughed but nodded, she didn't even have to ask because I was going to be there anyways.

"Yeah sure, sounds like a plan... What class do you have next anyways?"

"English"

"Really? Me too" I smiled, as I just realized that this is the longest I've had a conversation with her, without her turning Barbie on me.

"We have a lot of classes together, but that's really cool... Your going to be my new sister!!!" She squealed that last part, and normal conversation now over. Barbie is back, I mentally chuckled.

~

After lunch me and Jace were heading back to the room, trying to escape to talk. I told him about me contacting Nate and that we should know soon about what's to come next.

"So if this does work out, how do you plan to get Kyle out?" He asked me.

"I don't really know, it's going to have to be a play it by ear till I figure out how it all works and stuff in there."

We stopped walking once we saw that no one was around.

" Then I can form a plan to get him out, but it won't be happening too soon because I will have to build up trust In there first and prove myself If Nate can pull through."I explained.

"And if Nate can't pull through? I'm not saying he can't, but what would be the backup plan?" He asks curiously.

"I don't know, right now I'm just crossing my fingers Nate can pull some strings"

"So did he say when he would call?"

"He said whenever he found out if he could get me in or not, then he would call and let me know... But knowing Nate, he's going to pull through. He's got his uncle on his side, or at least he could say something like that. He has his sources he could always use, that's why I called him."

"Makes sense"

It got quiet for a little while, neither one of us said a word and just listened to the noises around us.

"If you went here right now, where would you choose to be?" Jace asked.

"Dude, that was random" I laughed.

"I know, but really. If you didn't have to be here today, where would you go? Where would you wanna be?"

"It wouldn't matter where I was really, I'd be happy anywhere. But you know, it's not the place that is great. It's the people that make it. You could be in the place where you think would make you the happiest person alive, but you would be miserable if you didn't have anyone to share it with"

"Very philosophical of you" he said with a smirk.

"Thank you, and that's a very big word there" I chuckled at him as I laid there on the grass with my hands behind my head.

"Uh" he faked hurt putting his hand over his heart. "I do know some big words you know" he whined playfully with a pouted lip, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Aww, I sowwy" I stuck my lip out, mocking his pout as I patted his head. He scoffed and slapped my hand away, causing me to laugh.

We just kept playing like that, and at one point he thought it would be funny to tickle me. So I was laughing and trying to wiggle out of his vice like grip that was keeping me in place while he tickled me, when my phone suddenly rings.

"Get off me, I gotta get my phone" I laugh, he finally gets off and rolls to the side, laying there next to me while I dug my phone out. I answered it and immediately sat up, Jace gave me a concerned look but didn't say anything.

"Hello?"

"Sadie, your in."

"Really?"

"You owe me. Your meeting him tonight- midnight at the warehouse, don't let me down" he said with a uneasy tone, yet strong at the same time.

"You got it"

"Let me know how it goes" he hung up.

I sighed and out my phone back into my pocket, Jace sat up and faced me, giving me a questioning look. I brushed off my pants as I stood up then held out a hand and helped Jace up, I smiled and he gave me another questioning look.

"I told you Nate would come through" I smirked.

"He did?" I nodded my head, "so what's next?"

"I gotta go meet Mr. Kensington tonight at midnight, phase one already in action"

_________________________________________________________

Yay! Another chapter up!!

Let me know what you think!!

How was the small look into Sam's and Sadie's past?

Thanks for all the comments!!:)

55 votes and I will update again:)

25 comments and I will be faster!!:)

-KenZ_Dizzy95

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 3.6K 12
A little story of Naruto and reader-chan as his mom, as he grows up. Summary sucks don't know if the story even makes sense. First book so go easy. A...
6.9K 827 17
In a land laid waste by human greed, we looked above for salvation. We should have been looking below. Entry into @TheCryptic_ Herculean contest
16.9K 2K 51
It's been three months since Lyla, Aveline, and Ari's adventure rescuing the kidnapped princes and princesses in Diviel, and Lyla couldn't be more co...