promises ❥ harry potter x fem...

By ilyhjp

falling for the chosen one, what could go wrong? maybe some promises were meant to be broken in the end. bec... More

welcome!
main cast
1.1 king's cross station
1.2 the sorting ceremony
(1-2) oh, how fast time flies by
3.1 the leaky cauldron
3.2 if you would like to?
3.3 the hippogriff
3.4 flying into your heart
3.5 impervius!
3.6 the marauder's map
3.7 snowmen
3.8 time turner
3.9 happy goodbyes
4.1 the quidditch world cup
4.2 for you
4.3 i'm not an owl
4.4 the first task
4.5 dance practice
4.6 jealousy
4.7 the yule ball
4.8 the second task
4.9 promise?
4.10 the third task
5.1 distance
5.2 grimmauld place
5.3 anger
5.4 professor umbridge
5.5 you and me
5.6 the DA
5.7 infatuated
5.8 DA meetings
5.9 christmas
5.10 raining cats and dogs
5.11 patronus
5.12 sirius black
5.13 the courtroom
6.1 weasley's wizard wheezes
6.2 runes
6.3 quidditch tryouts
6.4 the three broomsticks
6.5 lavender brown
6.6 jealously, jealously
6.7 melted souls
6.7 like lightning

6.8 oh ronald!

1.2K 21 9
By ilyhjp

Y/N's pov ϟ

"I'm going to assume that you ended things with Cormac?" I asked, raising my wand as my clothes started to fold. 

Hermione let out a sigh. "I think I made myself clear, don't know if he understood it though."

"He's not that dim-witted," I began as Hermione raised her eyebrow and gave me a look. 

"Okay, maybe he is," I laughed as Hermione chuckled. 

Before I could say anything else, I was cut off by a small knock on the door as it opened, a timid fourth-year student standing in the doorway.

"Yes?" Hermione asked as the fourth year started playing with her thumbs.

"Madam Pompfrey sent for you two, you see, uh," the girl paused as she looked up at us. "Harry and Ron have been poisoned."

"Harry?"

"Ron?"

Hermione and I shouted their names simultaneously as we stood up in shock. I looked over to see Hermione's face pale as she began gathering her things.

"Madam Pompfrey said that you two might want to come and-"

I didn't bother to finish listening to the girl as I rushed out the room, Hermione a couple steps behind me.

"Oh my god," Hermione's voice cracked as we hurried towards the infirmary. "What if he's not okay?"

"They'll be alright," I said unconvincingly, my voice wavering as I pushed open the large two doors, expecting to see Harry and Ron lying in the hospital bed.

To my surprise, Harry was standing next to Ron, who had his eyes closed as Ginny held his hand.

Hermione let out a strangled gasp as she ran up next to Ron, pulling out a chair opposite to him. I rushed towards Harry, pulling him in a tight hug.

"Oh my god, Harry," I croaked out as Harry hugged me back, kissing my cheek lightly. "The girl, she said that you were poisoned."

"No, it was just Ron," Harry whispered back as I pulled away.

"What happened?" I asked as I looked over at Ron who was completely passed out, mumbling things in his sleep.

"Long story, I'll tell you later."

"Okay," I breathed out as Harry squeezed my hand. He gave me a small smile as I returned it, the doors swinging open to reveal Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, and Slughorn.

"Oh dear," McGonagall's voice shook slightly as she rushed into the room. "I came as soon as I heard the news."

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar. You should be very proud of your student, Horace," Dumbledore murmured as he glanced over at Slughorn.

"Ah, yes. Very proud," Slughorn whispered as he tightened his grip on a bottle of mead he was carrying.

"I think we all agree Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: Why were they necessary?" McGonagall spoke up sharply as she took her eyes off Ron.

"Why, indeed," Dumbledore began as he took the bottle out of Slughorn's hands. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?"

Slughorn shook his head violently as Dumbledore unscrewed the bottle and took a sniff.

"By the way, it possesses remarkably subtle hints of liquorice and cherry. When not polluted with poison."

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift, myself," Slughorn spoke up as he glanced at the Headmaster nervously.

"To whom, might I ask?"

"To you, headmaster," Slughorn said in a low voice as the doors swung open, Lavender rushing in.

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?" Lavender asked breathlessly as she neared the cot.

She stopped once she saw Hermione sitting next to Ron, her eyes narrowed. "What's she doing here?"

"I might ask you the same question," Hermione said sharply as she stood up.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!" Lavender scoffed as she crossed her arms.

"And I happen to be his-" Hermione paused as she glanced around. "Friend."

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting!"

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo!" Hermione exclaimed loudly. "And for the record, I've always found him interesting."

Ron suddenly stirred as he mumbled something in his sleep.

"Ah see? He senses my presence," Lavender said proudly as she rushed next to Ron, grabbing his free hand. "Don't worry, Won-Won. I'm here. I'm here."

"Hermione. Her-mio-ne," Ron made out before falling silent again. Lavender's breaths quickened as she rushed out of the room sobbing.

"Oh to be young and to feel love's keen sting," Dumbledore said as he clasped his hands together. "Well, come away, everybody. Mr. Weasley's well attended."

"About time, don't you think?" Ginny said as she looked up at us, a small smile on her face. I nodded in agreement as Ginny left the room.

"Thank you," Harry told the nurse as she changed Ron's beddings. I couldn't hide my grin as I watched Hermione hold Ron's hand gently.

Hermione looked up at us, blushing profusely once she noticed we were smiling at her as she glanced back down at Ron.

"Oh, shut up you two."

"I never said anything," I defended as I pulled Harry out of the infirmary.

"So what happened?" I asked as I shut the door behind us. "Why was Ron poisoned?"

"I came back after my meeting with Dumbledore and Ron had eaten a box of chocolate poisoned with Love Potion, and well, I decided to head to Slughorns to-"

"That bitch, Romilda," I cut him off as we turned the corner towards the Gryffindor common room. "Where is she?"

"Y/N," Harry began as I rushed into the busy common room, Romilda giggling with her friends.

"Y/N," Harry said more loudly as he turned me around. "What are you going to do?"

"You'll see," I spat out as I marched up to her, turning her around before slapping her in the face. The common room gasped at the sound before turning dead silent as Romilda glared at me.

"What the hell was that?" Romilda huffed as she crossed her arms at me.

"You absolute bitch!" I exclaimed as her jaw dropped. "I can't believe you would go so far as to secretly give Harry a box of chocolates drugged with Love Potion! Ron's currently poisoned in the infirmary because of you!"

The common room started to fill with whispers as Romilda turned bright pink, glancing around anxiously as Harry grabbed my wrist.

"Y/N, let's go," Harry said nervously as I ripped my hand out of his grip.

"Yeah, I see you and your little friend group pioneering after him all the time, you think I don't know? Please find another hobby besides stalking my boyfriend. And just for that," I paused as I turned around, slamming my lips against Harry's.

The common room burst out in a couple of whistles as I pulled away, glaring at Romilda. Romilda's mouth opened and closed like a fish as she goggled at me, her eyes wide.

"Stop flirting with Harry or you'll be the one in the infirmary instead of Ron next time," I spat out as I grabbed Harry by the hand, pulling him out of the common room.

I could hear the common room burst out in whispers and nervous chuckles as the portrait hole swung open.

"Merlin," Harry said with a smirk as I turned to look at him. "I didn't know you had that in you."

"Oh, shut it Harry," I began as I noticed Paravati and Lavender walk pass, Lavender in a fit of sobs as Parvati was rubbing her back.

"Oh, I feel bad for Lavender, she really is a nice girl," I said, Harry's eyes following them as they walked out of sight.

"I think our friend group is about to be reunited," Harry said, somewhat triumphantly before I hit his shoulder.

"OW!"

"I feel bad for her," I mentioned, strolling down the long hallway as Harry ran to catch up. "I mean she was sometimes a pain in the arse but she really did like him."

"Yeah, but now we don't have to be all over the place trying to catch Ron and Hermione at different times," Harry said with a shrug, placing his arm around my shoulder. "I mean it'll be nice to eat together now."

I let out a laugh before leaning over and planting a kiss on his mouth.

"Thank you for being a savior of the Weasleys once again," I grinned as Harry bent down to kiss me.

"Thank you for being you," he said as he pulled away. I chuckled before nudging his shoulder.

"Race you to the room of requirement," I said slyly, sending a wink before running. My feet pounded the floor as Harry's laugh echoed, his feet pounding after mine. 

~~~

"Stop it Ron, You're making it snow," Hermione whispered to Ron as he startled, tucking his wand in his pants. 

Harry noticed the snow falling into my scrambled eggs as he pushed the plate aside before getting a napkin to wipe the melting ice.

It was breakfast, the day after Ron was discharged. The first day he wasn't groggy off pain potions and the day he realized how harshly Lavender Brown was glaring at him from across the table. 

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again," Ron asked Hermione. His face winced as Lavender aggressively stabbed her fork into her sausage, telepathically threatening Ron.

"Well," Hermione stammered, "I mean, she came to visit you in the hospital, and you talked... I don't believe it was a partially long conversation."

Harry snorted as Ron gave him a small glare. Harry suddenly looked very distracted with the bacon on his plate. 

"I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be rid of her, but," Ron hesitated, "She looks a bit.. put out."

The four of us turned to look at Lavender, who was now holding onto her spoon so tightly that it seemed as she would burst. 

"You say you don't remember anything about that night," Hermione asked somewhat hopefully, flipping the next page of her book. "Anything at all?

"There is something," Ron began, looking deep in thought, "But, it can't be. I was completely boggled wasn't I?"

Ron chuckled awkwardly as Hermione looked down at her book. "Right, boggled."

I shot Ron a glare, trying to tell him telepathically to say something, but as soon as he made eye contact, he looked down at his plate before reaching for the biscuits. I sighed before taking a bite of my eggs. Men are so clueless.

"Harry!" Hermione whispered as Harry's eyes shot up from his potion's book. "That's Katie, Katie Bell."

Harry's head whipped around so quickly, as he nearly jumped out of his seat to follow her. 

I watched as Hermione leaned in. "She's finally back huh," Hermione said. "I mean she was gone for months, I'm glad she's okay."

"Yeah, me too," I said before watching Katie give Harry a shake of her head. "I don't think she remembers anything."

"I mean it was really dark magic," Ron said, his mouth stuffed with biscuit and gravy, "I doubt she would."

Before Hermione could say something to Ron about not speaking when his mouth is full, Draco rushed out of the hall, Harry right running right behind him. 

"Merlin, what was that all about," Ron asked as the three of us watched them disappear. 

"Harry still believes it was him, you know," Hermione said with a shrug of her shoulder. "Maybe off to gather some evidence." 

Ron shrugged as well, adding more sausage to his plate as I turned back to my plate. What was he up to?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320K 8.4K 21
Mᴄᴜ x Hᴘ Sɪʀɪᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ: ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀꜱꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴇ- completed ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ - writing ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ - x ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀ...
1.1K 25 10
Everyone in the wizarding world knows the story of the Potter's. James Potter who died that faithful night in 1981, Stephanie Potter who lived at the...
28.2K 895 11
ʙ ᴏ ᴏ ᴋ ᴛ ᴡ ᴏ ❝ ...and that's a good lesson to learn in life. Let go. ❞ {Golden Era} {Harry Potter} {Averly Malfoy} {Year 5 - Order of The Phoenix} ...
39.3K 1K 85
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...