The Day the Sun Died || BNHA...

By -vainglorious

โ๐˜ฟ๐˜ผ๐™๐™‡๐™„๐™‰๐™‚, ๐™”๐™Š๐™๐™๐™€ ๐˜ผ๐™Ž ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐˜ผ๐˜ฟ ๐˜ผ๐™Ž ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐˜ฟ๐˜ผ๐™” ๐™„๐™Ž ๐™‡๐™Š๐™‰๐™‚. โž โ†ฃ A PARADOX IN WHICH ... More

โŸถ THE DAY THE SUN DIED
โŸถ PRAECEPTOR PERIMUS
โŸถ NOVICIUS
โŸถ VIGOUREUX
โŸถ RAHASYA
โŸถ BELDURRARAZTE
โŸถ SANGUE
โŸถ DRAUGS
โŸถ SANNHET
โŸถ CALรœT
โŸถ VOITTO
โŸถ PORODICE
โŸถ SรRABINDI
โŸถ SONDKIRIN
โŸถ NALET
โŸถ ZEVRATI
โŸถ XADREZ
โŸถ BRร–NUGRร–S
โŸถ ZIEL
โŸถ MALEROZAN
โŸถ PIROS
โŸถ HELVEDE
โŸถ TRAVESTY โŸต
โŸถ BLOMST
โŸถ TITLA
โŸถ NAVVALA
โŸถ GODZINA
โŸถ SAKURANBO
โŸถ MEITHEAL
โŸถ SAPNIS
โŸถ ร‰ILLIรš
โŸถ JILTU
โŸถ ร„NNEREN
โŸถ HAZKUNDEA
โŸถ ร‰TOILES
โŸถ APSENS
โŸถ XILASKAR
โŸถ PEXEGO
โŸถ DANAYSI
โŸถ RUA
โŸถ LEPTIR
โŸถ SARE

THE DAY THE SUN DIED: SUMMARY AND SYNOPSIS

1.4K 45 129
By -vainglorious

Due to my prolonged absence from Wattpad, I have taken the time to map out each arc of the story and describe the non-BNHA-canon characters, aka the reader's family, so you can all remember the important bits and people without having to reread the book. This is also a good guide for anyone wanting to see what I, the author, deem as important information and what details I would hope someone would get out of reading. Please note:

I would not recommend reading this unless you have read all the chapters due to spoilers. There are countless spoilers in this guide, please be wary.

Thank you all for your patience with me, and I hope this guide is helpful for you! Also, I'll be updating this guide after every new chapter to help keep all the content in line. So, if you ever need to reference something, it'll probably be in here!

✹✹✹

IMPORTANT NON-BNHA-CANON CHARACTERS:

Hidaka Y/N: The protagonist. Current Age: 16. She is whoever you imagine her to be. Her quirk Acidic Fire allows her to produce white and lilac potassium-boosted flames from her body. However, her quirk simultaneously mutated her heart to produce this potassium, forcing potassium into her skin and blood at dangerous levels.

A side effect of this is that her skin is poisonous to the touch and her blood dissolves things like acid. However, Deku proposes that it is possible for Y/N to learn how to close the mutation on her heart like her uncle had, allowing the side effects on her body to disappear.

Hidaka Hayato: Y/N's father. Current Age: 39. He is a Quirkless man who provides for the family by owning an american-themed sports bar in Japan. Hayato went to culinary school in America and transferred his skills and love of cooking to his children. He is an extremely supportive father who's not afraid to be emotional. He also has some of the "I LOVE MY WIFE!" archetype energy. Hayato wants nothing but the best for his wife and children.

Hidaka Kana: Y/N's mother. Current Age: 39. She was a prominent and popular pro-hero named Gigawatt who trained at Shiketsu High. Her skills allowed her to graduate a year early, jump-starting her career. Her quirk Electrokinesis allows her to control electricity at will, and her golden bones let her to shift and store electricity inside of her body.

After falling in love with Hayato, the media berated her for marrying a quirkless man, which caused her to retire from heroism at the young age of 23. She is a strong-willed mother who has a distaste for heroes due to her own experience. Kana puts her child's autonomy, desires, and happiness above all else.

Hidaka Ohta-Ran: Y/N's little sister, also known as simply "Ohta." Current Age: 5. She is a young and sweet little girl who looks up to Y/N as her loving big sister. She loves watching Y/N do hero work and loves to meet Y/N's friends.

Her quirk Conductor gives Ohta golden bones like her mother and allows her to move any type of energy through her body like a wire-but she does not have the ability to control anything outside of her body like Kana. Despite Ohta-Ran's interest in Y/N's hero-training, Ohta wants to become an astronaut, not a hero.

Hidaka Kentaro: Y/N's older brother. Current Age: 21. Kentaro is Y/N's adopted older brother. He doesn't live in Japan, but instead lives in Detroit Michigan in America, the Support Technology capital of the world. His quirk is called Input, allowing him to temporarily put others' quirks into inanimate objects after touching them.

Kentaro is an hero support engineer and is well known in the hero-support world. While he usually doesn't make full hero costumes, he made Y/N's as a special exception due to them being siblings. Kentaro also invented a one-of-a-kind AI system called T.R.A.V.E.S.T.Y., which is installed in Y/N's hero helmet.

Hidaka Ryou: Y/N's uncle and Hayato's brother. Age At Death: 25. Ryou was ranked the third strongest hero in Japan at the time of his death. He was the much younger brother of Hayato; but, unlike his older brother, he had a quirk. His quirk was also Acidic Fire, exactly the same as Y/N's, but instead of having potassium boost his flames, he had sodium; this made his flames gold colored and gave him the hero name Flashfire.

Ryou was obsessed with training Y/N to follow in his footsteps, training her to be a hero since she was young. Unlike Y/N, Ryou always had the ability to control his heart mutation, therefore he only experienced the same side effects of poisonous skin and acidic blood whilst his quirk was active.

Seiichi Ikkai: Y/N's stalker. Current Age: 18. Ikkai is a boy genius who is a master at coding and hacking. His quirk is currently Unknown to readers. He works for a cyber-terrorist organization as their lead programmer and hacker. After he was assigned to watch over Y/N and monitor her, he became obsessed with her and everything that she does.

Ikkai believes that the world is ruining her natural purity and that he can save her from being hurt and mistreated any longer. He is a twisted, complex man who puts Y/N above all else and truly thinks he knows her better than anyone in her life. Ikkai is, obviously, deranged.

THE DAY THE SUN DIED STORYLINE:

Arc One, Sunrise

Praeceptor Perimus through Vigoureux: Y/N meets with Recovery girl before the school day starts. Recovery Girl asks Y/N some questions about the traumatic event she experienced four days prior, but she refuses to answer anything of importance. Here, readers figure out Y/N has some emotional connection to drowning. It's revealed that Y/N wears a black, long-sleeved version of the uniform because it was made to accommodate her quirk as well as allowing her to mourn the loss of her recently-deceased uncle, a pro-hero who used to attend UA.

She then joins her class of 1-A for her first day at UA, but it is the second day of school, not the first. Readers later learn that this was because Ryou's funeral happened on the first day of school, so Y/N couldn't attend classes. Y/N is very unhappy seeing that Eraserhead is her homeroom teacher, as she has a prior grudge against him. This grudge is eventually revealed to come from her dad, where both Y/N and Hayato dislike Aizawa because he heavily verbally lashed Ryou in the media years prior when they were paired on a mission together.

Rahasya through Sangue: Y/N is paired with Ojiro for the first hero lesson. They, the villains, are paired against Shouji and Todoroki, the heroes. When interacting with Shouto, Y/N has T.R.A.V.E.S.T.Y. scan Todoroki and find something interesting that she could use against him in the exercise. Y/N then says the line "Who's Touya?" to purposefully stir up Shouto's emotions, which works. Shouto doesn't take this lightly. It is later revealed that there was no way T.R.A.V.E.S.T.Y. should have gotten this information, but the AI did so anyway.

During the match, Todoroki's ice cuts open Y/N's legs and she starts to bleed, burning her costume and filling the room with potassium cyanide-a byproduct of her quirk-altered blood when in contact with air. She then cauterizes the wound to stop the bleeding and spreading of gas before fleeing the area. Y/N and Ojiro lose the exercise.

Draugs through Voitto: Here it is shown that Y/N and Shinsou Hitoshi have been long-time friends and neighbors. 1-A is later shipped to USJ for rescue training. On the bus ride there, Y/N explains her quirk and its side effects to the class to give some context from before. As always, the class is ambushed at USJ and teleported in many different areas. Y/N gets teleported to the central plaza where she nearly kills a lackey villain by melting the skin off his face-gaining the attention of Shigaraki for her violent actions.

She tries to intervene between Aizawa and the Nomu, but Tsuyu pulls Y/N back before she could get hurt. Aizawa still gets battered. Shigaraki then recognizes Y/N's last name, Hidaka, for its connection to Ryou, her recently deceased pro-hero uncle. He then fights Y/N, breaking a few of her ribs. After the villains escape USJ, Y/N is sent alongside Deku and Aizawa to the hospital.

Porodice and Sárabindi: Kana puts on her hero costume for the first time in over a decade after hearing that UA was attacked, planning to go help only because her daughter is in the class. She meets class 1-A, but she's too late to do anything and heads to the hospital after hearing Y/N was injured.

Shinsou interacts with Ohta and Kana, showing how close he is with the Hidaka family. Later in class, Y/N feels overwhelming guilt when seeing Aizawa's bandaged body because she had attempted to interfere between him and the Nomu. This is one of the first signs of Y/N's underlying self-loathing nature, which doesn't become prevalent until after the Sports Festival.

Arc Two, Ascension

Sondkirin: Waiting for the Sports Festival to start, Y/N stops Todoroki from intimidating Midoriya and verbally challenges him. She mocks Todoroki for being so confident when standing in a room with so many great quirks, but Y/N's hypocritical side shows here because she believes the same thing Todoroki does-she just says something else. This overall arc highlights many of Y/N's character flaws like her hypocrisy, unnecessary violence, and callous nature.

Later, Y/N, due to placing first at the recommended entry exams, also is allowed to give a speech alongside Bakugou before the festival. Her speech is a winding tale of supporting the lower classes, such as business and general education, and telling those less-fortunate to rise above those with gifted quirks and become great. At the end, she vows to be a hero.

Nalet through Xadrez: Readers learn here that the entirety of Y/N's speech was pre-written and practiced by her and Hitoshi. The goal was to get the media and crowd to look at her in a positive light, which worked successfully. The truth is, that at this point of the story, Y/N doesn't believe a word she said in that speech. Due to her poisonous skin, Aizawa forces Y/N to wear a ski mask for the entire festival, giving her a large disadvantage by covering her nose and mouth in the name of protecting other students.

This further fuels Y/N's negative relationship with Aizawa. Y/N places fourth in the race portion of the festival. She is approached by Bakugou who asks her to join his team for the cavalry battle, but she declines because she already planned to join Hitoshi's team. After advancing to the next round, Y/N insults and verbally berates Ojiro just for the sake of being cruel.

Brönugrös through Malerozan: Ohta-Ran joins Y/N for lunch in the student's cafeteria and meets some of Y/N's friends. This interaction starts to show readers Y/N's unwavering love for her siblings, which later becomes one of her driving motivators in the story. Angered that Hitoshi was eliminated in round one, Y/N brutally fights Shiozaki Ibara and threatens her. She absolutely overwhelms Ibara in battle and forces her to forfeit the match. This fight confirms Y/N's nature at this point in the story: merciless and selfish.

Her next fight is against Iida, whom she forces out of the area with a wall of fire in a matter of seconds-not allowing him a fair fight after he was used by Mei as a walking advertisement in the first round. After the fight, the readers see that Y/N tends to push away everyone who tries to help her, and they also see what Y/N's quirk drawbacks are for the first time: muscle pain, loss of muscle function, and a rapid/irregular heartbeat.

Piros: Canonically, Midoriya vs Todoroki is an inspirational and moving fight to the public. This is true for Y/N as well, as this chapter and this fight is honestly the most important turning point for Y/N as a hero and character. Watching the fight, Y/N looks towards herself and her actions in comparison to Todoroki and Deku. She feels inadequate, small, unoriginal, and fake.

It is revealed here that Y/N is afraid of explosions due to implied PTSD. She becomes overwhelmed from her emotions, fears, and thoughts. She runs to the bathroom after Todoroki unleashes an explosion from fire and ice. When looking at her reflection in the mirror, Y/N is hit by a wave of understanding, overcome by feelings of uselessness, worthlessness, patheticness. She feels unworthy to be called a hero, the weight of her actions and words hit her all at once.

Helvede: This chapter reveals that Todoroki was forced to study hero film in his youth by Endeavor. One of Todoroki's favorite heroes to watch as a kid was Gigawatt, Y/N's mother. When Todoroki met Y/N for the first time at the recommended entry exams, he was taken aback and admired her, realizing that she looked like and was related to his favorite childhood hero.

Now, after interacting with her, he felt contempt. Y/N and Shouto fight in the semi-finals, but Y/N isn't fighting as she normally does. Due to her clouded head, she lowers her guard and gains a large scar across her face in the fight.

After Todoroki says to Y/N that she was an "undeserving hero" in response to her saying "Who's Touya?" in an earlier chapter, Y/N mentally snaps and goes through a quirk awakening. Her new power easily overwhelms Todoroki and she advances to the finals. As she's walking in the hallway directly after the fight, Y/N collapses due to the immense pain in her chest caused by her quirk drawbacks.

Hitoshi tries to comfort a delirious, but dying, Y/N. She then asks a simple question as the chapter ends and she goes unconscious: "Am I a bad person?" And the only true, and honest, response readers should be thinking is yes. Hidaka Y/N is a bad person.

Arc Three, Apex

Blomst: Y/N wakes up in the hospital after spending a few days unconscious; and, while it is not explicitly stated in the story, Y/N also slept through her birthday, so she's now sixteen. A doctor comes in and tells Y/N what happened: she had a heart attack after overusing her quirk and was medically evacuated from the Sports Festival by Medicine Girl's authority, making Bakugou the default winner.

The doctor then gives Y/N a mental health examination questionnaire, and her answers reveal to readers that there are a lot of underlying problems that Y/N is facing. However, the doctor doesn't believe Y/N and writes a report saying that Y/N is faking her mental health issues for attention and that she doesn't need any further mental health examinations. Because of this, Y/N's mental state continues to decline in the story.

At the end of the chapter, Y/N realizes her classmates, her friends, sent her some "Get Well Soon" cards, while Kirishima's family sent her a whole bouquet of gladiolus flowers. Because of this, Y/N feels more happy and loved than she has in a long time.

Titla and Navvala: UA starts classes again and Y/N is now wearing the normal white uniform with a white undershirt underneath of it. This is symbolic of her trying to be a better person and starting anew. In class, Y/N holds a grudge against Todoroki for the Sports Festival while it seems that his feelings towards Y/N are much less hostile than before. Y/N reveals her hero name to be The Sunwalker, or simply Sunwalker.

On a later day, Aizawa keeps Y/N after class to speak with her about her internship. Aizawa questions her about her choice to go to Manual for an internship despite all of the better offers she got-such as the one from Endeavor. They argue back and forth, and Y/N is revealed to be on medically enforced quirk prohibition for three weeks after her heart attack to decrease the likelihood of her having another one; so, she cannot use her quirk at her internship.

Aizawa then reveals that he read Y/N's medical report from the doctor and accuses her of faking her mental health. Y/N feels distraught at this and leaves, making the relationship between her and Aizawa far worse than it already was.

Godzina and Sakuranbo: There is a small flashback to an interaction between Y/N and Ryou. Y/N used to be an avid painter, it was her passion, but Ryou came into her room and guilted her into giving up her hobbies to focus on hero training. This is the first time readers see that Ryou may not be what he seems. Y/N and Iida start to bond a bit on their way to Hosu City where their internship with Manual is.

As they arrive, Y/N immediately ignores the plan to head straight to Manuals office and drags Iida with her across the city, stopping at a florist shop before heading to the waterfront of Hosu. There is a large memorial there for all the lives lost in the Hosu City Pier Terrorist Attack that occurred there a few days before the UA school year began, and it is the incident where Ryou passed away. It is not known to the public how exactly Ryou died.

Meitheal and Sapnis: As in canon, during the internship, Iida goes rogue and chases after Stain. Y/N follows him. Iida is on the ground about to be killed when Y/N arrives, but without her quirk, she cannot get to him in time. Midoriya appears and saves Iida, and T.R.A.V.E.S.T.Y. gives Y/N the information about Stain, his vigilante work, and his quirk.

While Y/N still isn't allowed to use her quirk, Stain's quirk can't affect her because of her acidic and poisonous blood. Todoroki arrives and the four of them defeat Stain, however Y/N realizes she got a nearly fatal slash across her wrist and forearm and passes out. Y/N and the three guys are reunited in their group hospital room, and Y/N is revealed to have survived her injury because the Hosu hospital had iridium needles which allowed her to have an emergency blood transfusion.

Deku's and Shouto's affections towards Y/N are reinforced to readers. Y/N and Todoroki yell at the Police Chief for putting the law over people, but all is eventually resolved by giving Endeavor the credit for defeating Stain. Y/N and Shouto have a heart to heart, and their relationship begins to go on the mend.

Éilliú: This chapter is the first to break the usual pattern. It is an unsent love letter to Y/N by an unknown character, but it is eventually revealed to be an OC antagonist named Seiichi Ikkai. In the letter, Ikkai refers to Y/N as Sunshine and himself as Your Savior.

It contains information that he has cameras set up in areas she most frequents, including an audio microphone hidden behind the headboard of her bed. His writing to her shows that he is completely unhinged and deranged, absolutely obsessed with everything to due with Y/N. The letter also says that the author, Ikkai, was originally assigned by his boss to watch her-this devolved into delusion.

Also, the beginning tech "errors," GIF "error," and part title "error" is a reference to the future where it is revealed that Ikkai works for a cyber-terrorist organization and is trying to hack T.R.A.V.E.S.T.Y.

Jiltu and Änneren: Y/N goes to a nearby convenience store with Hitoshi to get snacks and celebrate the end of their final exams-an arc I did not want to write as the author. A summary for what happened off-screen: Y/N tied for second in the written exams and was paired with Kirishima for the physical one; just like in canon, they faced Cementoss, in which Kirishima tired himself out early and failed while Y/N melted all the concrete with her fire and passed.

Hitoshi is jealous of the way Y/N speaks about Kirishima, implying his feelings for her as well. Y/N meets Twice in the store and he says a few odd things, but she bonds with him over their facial scars. Class 1-A go to the mall to buy supplies for the summer camp. Y/N and Ochako bond, and it is revealed that Y/N's poisonous quirk kills off invaders in her body, meaning she can't get sick, doesn't have a period, and is infertile.

Arc Four, Descent

Hazkundea and Étoiles: 1-A and 1-B interact before going to the camp, and they all give Y/N disgusted looks. They all dislike her because of the violent and cruel way she treated Ibara during the sports festival. When all of the students get sent down the hill into the forest, Y/N's undiagnosed PTSD from the Hosu Pier Terrorist Attack flares up and she actually remains flying by burning her socks and shoes and floating with flames from her feet; but, Aizawa shuts her quirk off and she plummets with her classmates, further ruining their relationship.

When arriving at the camp, Y/N spots and grows fond of Kota-as she has a sweet spot and is very good with all children. She and Kota bond while watching the stars, and the idea that Y/N truly doesn't want to be a hero starts to take shape.

Aspens and Xilaskar: Bakugou and Y/N are paired up for the test of courage. They eventually encounter Moonfish, but can't really fight back with their quirks in fear of setting the forest more on fire. Todoroki arrives and saves them, and his feelings for Y/N are now quite strong. Y/N hears a gunshot and runs away towards it, planning to cauterize wounds with her flames in case of an emergency. Bakugou and Y/N are revealed to be the targets of the villains, and they are both kidnapped by the LoV.

The perspective follows Seiichi for the first time, and his name and identity are revealed to readers. He absolutely loses it when the news breaks that Y/N was kidnapped.

It is revealed that Ikkai's organization is hunting T.R.A.V.E.S.T.Y., is watching Y/N for having it, and is the actual perpetrator for the attack on Hosu's pier, which is also revealed that it was truly a hit job for Ryou-who was hunting this group as a hero-and they merely blamed it to be a generic terrorist attack.

Pexego and Danaysi: Y/N wakes up from being kidnapped by the LoV. She was kidnapped not because they want her to join them, like Bakugou, but they instead want to use her as a resource to harvest her blood as a biological weapon.

The heroes burst in, and Y/N berates the heroes for worrying more about capturing the LoV rather than saving her and Bakugou. They get teleported to Kamino Ward with the LoV by All for One. Katsuki and Y/N fight the LoV off, and he eventually grabs Y/N and explodes into the sky when Midoriya, Iida, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Kirishima come to save them.

Y/N briefly encounters a creepy Ikkai for the first time, but Deku steps in when he realizes Ikkai is making her uncomfortable. Y/N and the others reunite with their families, and Y/N is the only one who isn't given a group hug by their loved ones-due to her toxic skin. Y/N can't hug anyone, not even her own family.

Rua and Leptir: Aizawa and Toshinori visit Y/N's home to ask for permission to have the students live on campus in dorms. Y/N is not in a good headspace since the Kamino Ward incident, which only happened two days prior; she seems very apathetic, dejected, and despondent. Y/N's dad leaves because he hates Aizawa, and Y/N's mom berates Aizawa and Toshinori for asking Y/N's safety to be put into their hands when they have failed her so many times already.

Readers learn of Y/N's mom's past and her years as a hero, and Y/N accepts moving into the dorms because her mom leaves the decision to for Y/N to decide for herself. The first day in dorm life, Y/N makes food for everyone, but no one is around to eat it. She seems to have been forgotten and ignored and leaves the food out for them to eventually find.

Y/N personally delivers Bakugou's portion to his room to make sure he eats. Katsuki has obvious feelings for Y/N, but is mentally conflicted on them for obvious Bakugou-reasons. 1-A finds the food Y/N made and Deku leaves to go and get her, determined to not make her feel left out. He goes to her room and they speak, and Midoriya proposes that Y/N can learn how to close her heart valve like her uncle could, therefore eliminating the negative side effects of her quirk.

Y/N reveals that she was the one to kill Ryou at Hosu Pier. She drowned and he gave her life-saving CPR, so her quirk killed him right int front of her. Y/N says that the universe hates her and that her quirk is a punishment for her being an awful person, but she says that she will become a hero despite that, and despite what she actually wants. She sets her new motive in stone: "I am willing to give my life to save a world that never loved me."

Sare: (Most recent chapter, synopsis will be updated when the next chapter is out!)

Arc five, Twilight

To be written...

Arc Six: Sunset

To be written...

ENDINGS

Sunwalker's Ending

To be written...

Hidaka's Ending

To be written...

Y/N's Ending

To be written...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 17.4K 65
Ever since your Quirk first manifested, you've been the apple of everyone's eye. With the goal of becoming a hero, you enroll to U.A. and soon find y...
1.1M 49.3K 55
Todoroki, Bakugou, and Midoriya are now pro heroes. They have finally reached their dream. Despite their drastically different personalities, the thr...
1.4M 49.3K 38
๊’ฐ โ› A STRONG QUIRK CAN LEAD TO MORE BAD THAN GOOD. โœ ๊’ฑ เณƒโ€โžท ๐๐๐‡๐€ ๐ฏ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ. ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ Started: 1st of Fe...
1.9K 95 12
written by, @sokimiyum โ“˜ og: Kลhei Horikoshi โ“˜ status : ongoing/semi-hiatus แฐ.แŸ " Talk to the countless me who were created by misunders...