The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Speeding

2.1K 136 75
By rileysmiley139

this chapter is sloppy, because im on the verge of finishing all the writing for this story and have been kinda speed running it
- Chapter 45 -

Seungmin drives faster than he ever has, speeding down the road. As expected, a cop car starts to sound from behind him. However, he only speeds up more. He has to get to that station, no matter what.

He speeds through the stoplight, and turns in to the police station. He drifts a little from the speed, but he comes to an immediate stop. He doesn't even stop the car, and just jumps out.

The cop car that was chasing him also stops, and the office gets out. "Sir!" He yells, but stops running when he sees who it is. "Seungmin? What are you doing?"

"I have no time to explain!" Seungmin yells, running into the station.

The officer follows behind, and everyone watches the two men as they walk down the hall with purpose. Seungmin walks straight to the questioning rooms, and opens the door when he sees the man he is looking for.

Hyunjin's head snaps up when he hears the door open, and a relived smile spreads across his face. Seungmin doesn't smile, instead he walks over and takes of his handcuffs.

"You're coming with me, we have to leave. Now." He says, yanking Hyunjin out of the chair. "And you, I need every unit to the hide-a-way home. Officers are harmed and a murderer is in the home." He says to the officer.

"Oh my god." The officer says, following the two out of the room.

They split up, the officer going to the office. Hyunjin and Seungmin walk out into the parking lot, but Hyunjin slowly stops waking. Seungmin notices, and turns around to look at what he is doing.

"Let's go." Seungmin says. "We have to hurry."

"I don't think I should go." Hyunjin says. "He betrayed me."

Seungmin doesn't say anything, instead he walks to Hyunjin calmly. When he reaches the older man, he slaps him across the face. "So you're going to betray him by letting him die?! What kind of boyfriend are you?"

"What the fuck?" Hyunjin asks. "He's not going to die, what is even going on?"

"Christopher Blair." Seungmin says, and Hyunjin tilts his head at the mention of that name again. "Chan is Christopher Blair, and he has everybody locked up in that house. He injected Minho with something, and I think he did the same to Felix and Jisung."

"Chan is a Blair?" Hyunjin asks, tilting his head.

"We don't fucking have time for this! Get in the goddamn car before I get you in there myself!" Seungmin yells at Hyunjin, walking to the running car he left.

Hyunjin follows behind, still a little lost. They both aren't even buckled before Seungmin begins to drive, speeding up. At this speed, they will be there in only an hour rather than three.

-

They stop right at the front gate, and Seungmin gets out of the car. Hyunjin follows behind, like a lost little kid. Seungmin looks to Hyunjin, "We are going to run up there so they won't here the car pull up."

"Oh." Hyunjin says.

Seungmin nods his head, and squeezes through the gate. If the gate opened, it would alert the whole house, and Seungmin is not taking any chances. He knows they have to be secretive if they want this to work.

They run up the driveway, reaching the front of the house. Seungmin takes Hyunjin's hand and leads him to the backside of the home, looking through all the windows.

"Alright," Seungmin whispers. "I'm going to go off a hunch here, but I'm pretty sure if Chan were to hide them it would be in a basement. I'm not entirely sure this house has a basement, but just in case I want you to check around the edges for like a window or door or something."

"There's a door by the trash cans, I saw it one day." Hyunjin suggests. "I've never figured out where it went too, but I'm positive that is our best bet."

"Where is it?" Seungmin asks.

Hyunjin nods his head over to the end of the wall, and starts to take quiet steps over to it. He looks behind at Seungmin, and gestures toward the door. There is a little staircase leading down to it, and there is no doubt that's a basement door.

Seungmin thanks Hyunjin's ability to pick up little things, and begins to walk down the steps. He reaches the door and tries to open it, but it's locked as expected. However, he has a pair of keys to the door- considering Minho gave everyone a pair.

He unlocks the door as quietly as he can, and turns to Hyunjin. He reaches into his back pocket, and pulls out a gun- as well as a knife.

Hyunjin flinches. "Do you just carry those around?" He whisper yells.

Seungmin looks at him like he's stupid. "I'm an officer.. so yeah." He says. "Just take the knife, things might go wrong and I don't want you to have nothing for defense."

"Okay.." Hyunjin says, taking the knife from Seungmin carefully.

Seungmin begins to open the door, holding his gun as he checks inside the room. It's a long hallway, with nothing in it but two other doors. One leading upstairs, and one leading into the main room is Seungmin's guess. He lowers his gun and opens the door more, letting Hyunjin in.

"The house is soundproof, so you can be louder now." Seungmin says, and closes the door behind Hyunjin. "That door is probably leading to Felix and Minho, but we need to prepare ourselves before opening it.

"Do you think it's unlocked?" Hyunjin asks.

"I'm pretty sure, because I don't know if Chan told anybody about the basement." Seungmin says. "So I don't think he would lock the door. But since that door was locked, the door leading upstairs might be."

"Why would he lock both leading doors but not the actual big metal door?" Hyunjin asks with furrowed brows.

"Big metals doors actually might not even have locks." Seungmin says. "How about we find out?" He ask, getting his gun ready.

Hyunjin takes a deep breath, before Seungmin starts to open the, as expected, unlocked door. It's loud and heavy, causing everybody to flinch. Felix looks up at the door with worry in his eyes, not ready to suffer more. Minho also raises his head, but he isn't suffering at all- since he has been fake sleeping.

However, Felix immediately starts to cry tears of relief when he sees who walks into the room. Seungmin and Hyunjin take careful steps inside the room, but Hyunjin comes running when he sees Felix.

"Oh my god, what have they done to you?" Hyunjin ask worriedly, wiping the blood from Felix's face. He looks at the poor males bruises and cuts, wishing he could have come sooner. "Are you okay?"

"It only stings a little, but I'm sure I'll walk it off." Felix says. "I'm so sorry for getting you into this mess."
He says, beginning to cry as Seungmin unties the rope holding him back quietly.

"No, no, no." Hyunjin shakes his head. "This isn't your fault, none of this is your fault. Please don't believe anything that has happened is because of you, don't believe anything they say." He wipes Felix's tears, trying to avoid his cuts.

"I'm sorry to ruin the moment," Minho grumbles. "But we have to get out of here. They come down every half hour, and it's been about twenty-two minutes." He says. "We have to go, now."

"He's right." Felix says, standing up. His body isn't in pain, it's only his face, so he is able to function well if he doesn't make facial expressions.

"Okay, we have to go out the basement door again. Everybody be silent though, we never know.." Seungmin says, grabbing Felix and Minhos arms and pushing them ahead.

The group runs out of the basement room, feeling like they finally have won. All they have to do is have Chan arrested, and head back to the station. Then they are free, and have solved a dangerous case.

Minho goes ahead to the door, grabbing the non. However, he stops after turning it."Seungmin.." He says, trying to turn the nob. "The door is locked."

"What?" Seungmin says, stepping ahead.

He tries to open the door himself, twisting the nob- but it doesn't budge. He curses under his breath, and checks the alarm system. "That bastard!" He says. "It's locked."

"He knows you guys are here?" Felix asks with fear.

"He probably saw the car." Hyunjin says, "Or our tracks."

"We have to get out of the basement." Minho says, running down the hall.

Everyone follows, and they all start to walk upstairs. Minho opens the door, freezing when he realizes it isn't locked. He looks back to Seungmin, who only shakes his head and steps up to Minho's level. He holds his gun up, checking if the room is clear before pushing everybody to move.

They all come piling out of the basement, heading straight into the west hall, where the gym and indoor pool are. They run down the hall, and take a left into the hall where more rooms are.

"Okay, okay okay." Seungmin says, stopping everybody at the end of the hall. "We need to get to the front door, which is all the way across the house. That's the only exit, unfortunately."

Felix is about to speak, but a chilling voice echoes through the home. "I know your here Seungmin!"

Seungmin freezes.

Hyunjin looks at him. "I thought you said the house was soundproof?" He asks worryingly.

"Jisung told me it was.." Seungmin says.

"I think we have forgotten which team Jisung is on," Minho says sadly. "I have come to a conclusion anything he ever said to me has been a lie." He says, and only Hyunjin notices the pain in his voice- offering a sad smile.

"Guys," Felix starts, and turns to everyone else. "I think we just entered some chase around this house." He says. "We have to run."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 1.3K 34
"I love you." "I know, Flyboy." Aurora Solo is the princess of the Resistance and Poe Dameron is the best piolet. [Star wars; 7-9] [Poe Dameron x o...
661K 33.3K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
16.2K 770 14
//🔞//🦊// Felix, the village baker, is sacrificed and forced to marry Hyun-Jin, a Gumiho who doesn't care that he's a man despite being deceived. T...
1.3M 58.5K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC