~College~ ||Byler||

Від gingerbyler

DISCONTINUED!! Mike and Will get to share a dorm while going to the college called 'Yale'. This contains spoi... Більше

A/N
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

1

461 12 101
Від gingerbyler

-Will-

Right now, I'm standing in front of the student dormitory. I've been saving money since I was fourteen. Like doing chores and eventually going to work. I think I'm actually a bit late for going to college. Like I'm eighteen. Whatever.

I grab my suitcases that are standing next to me and head inside. The lobby isn't that big. I saw some students sitting on the couch near the entrance. I looked further into the lobby and saw the reception. I headed to there.

"Hello, may I help you?" the women behind the reception asked me.

"Uh, yeah, I am new and I need the key to my dorm."

"Okay, and what's your name?"

"William Byers." the women looked on her computer screen.

"Ah yes, I see, you're in a dorm with another student. He already knows you're gonna join the dorm." I nodded. The women stood up from her chair and went to the back. She came back with a key in her hand.

"Here's your key. It's room 145 on the second floor." I nodded.

"Thank you." she smiled then nodded. I looked to my right and saw elevators. I walked to there. I clicked on the button and waited a few seconds. The elevator doors opened with a 'ding'.

I arrived at the second floor. Now I have to search for the room I decided to start looking on the left since it had uneven numbers.

137, 139, 141, 143, 145. My dorm was at the total end of the hallway. I put the key in the lock and turned it. I stepped inside. It was bigger then I thought. It had a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom and two bedrooms. I walked to one of the bedrooms and openend it.

Okay, this one is definitely not mine. It was all decorated. The bed had black sheets. There were posters on the wall. AC/DC, Metallica and Nirvana. There stood a electric guitar in the corner of the room.

"What are you doing?" a voice said from the door frame.

"I'm sorry. I'm new. I was looking for my bedroom. But this is yours I think?" I said while turning around. There was this boy. He had curly black hair. Around shoulder length. He was tall. I was like a head smaller than him.

"Oh, you must be William?"

"Yeah, but call me Will. And you are?"

"Mike, short for Micheal."

"Well I might just got to my room now." I said. He nodded.

I walked out of the room and walked to the next door I saw.

"That's the bathroom." Mike said from across the room. I opened the bathroom. It was huge. I didn't even know why he had such a huge dorm. It had a shower and a bath. I walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey, Mike?" I was gonna ask him if every dorm is this big.

"Yeah?" Mike said while sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Is every dorm so huge?"

"No, we have the biggest. I don't know why either. We don't pay for it more too. So I don't know."

"What no way!" I said when I saw the balcony door. I walked to it.

"What?"

"We have a balcony!" I said.

"Yeah we do." I turned to him I had a smile on my face.

"I should pack my things now though." I said while walking to my actual bedroom. I opened the bedroom door and looked around. It had the standard bed, desk, closet and a bookshelf.

"No way!" I said when I saw the bookshelf. I heard footsteps coming to my room. I looked at my door and saw Mike open it.

"What?" he said, Probably asking because I said 'no way' a bit too loud.

"If I knew there was a bookshelf I would've brought my books, goddammit?" Mike chuckled lightly.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"You read?" he asked me with his eyebrows raised and a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I do, now that I think about it. I don't know if I even brought a book with me." I said while putting my suitcases on my bed opening them. I looked around in my suitcases. No book.

"Shit.". I said under my breath.

"What?" Mike asked me again.

"I forgot to bring a book. How the fuck did I forgot to bring a book." I said with frustration in my book.

"Don't worry there's a bookstore around the corner, there's even a library next to that." he told me.

"That's perfect." I said.

"I can help you pack?" Mike asked me.

"No, thanks. I can do it on my own." I told him.

"Okay, well have fun I guess." Mike said while walking out of the doorframe back to the living room.

"Okay, Will, let's start." I said to myself before starting to unpack.

. . .

I let out a breath and looked around a room. I've been spending an hour unpacking my suitcases and organizing everything. I didn't have any decoration so it was pretty boring. But everything was well organized in the shelf and closet.

I walked out of my room and saw Mike still sitting on the couch.

"Are you finally done?" he asked me.

"Yep, everything is organized perfect." I said with a smile on my face.

"Can I see?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I guess." he stood up and walked to my bedroom door. I don't know why but I was nervous. I mean his room was pretty well decorated and mine didn't even have any decoration.

"You don't have anything to decorate your room with?" he asked me when he entered my room.

"Nope."

"Alright, I can show you around town. We can get to know each other?" he asked me. I mean of course I would want to get to know my roommate more.

"Yeah, sure." I said with a smile on my face.

"Okay, let's go then." he said while heading out of my room and walking out. I followed him out of the dormitory.

"Did you bring a bag?" Mike asked me.

"Uh, no, why?"

"So we can buy you things for decoration and shit."

"Oh."

"It doesn't matter I bet the bookstore have bags."

"You want to go to the bookstore?" I asked him.

"I am gonna show you around town. If you like reading we're not skipping the bookstore." I smiled at him.

"Alright let's go." he said while going to walk to the left. I caught up with him and walked beside him.

"So?" I started.

"So?" he repeated.

"Where do you go to college? I mean since you're in a student dormitory, I assume you go to college."

"I'm gonna go to Yale." he answered me.

"Me to, how old are you?" I'm giving a whole interview to just get to know him. It's quite weird.

"I'm eighteen, and you?"

"Same." I answered him.

"Do you come from near here or?" he asked me.

"No, I come from Hawkins Indiana. It was almost a 24 hour ride to here."

"Jezus, aren't you tired?"

"Nah, I don't care. Where do you come from?" I asked him.

"California. I took the plane here. No way I'm driving." he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I understand." suddenly Mike stopped walking. I stopped too and looked confused at him.

"We're here." he said and walked to the door of I think the bookstore. I followed behind him into the store.

"Wow." I said when I looked around the store. This felt like heaven. There where loads of books. The owner of this store as a really pretty place. It had plants all around the place. Some where hanging from the ceiling, some just standing in the corner and others hanging from the top of a shelf to about halfway of the shelf.

"So, what kind of books do you like?" Mike asked me.

"a lot of different kinds, I guess?" I don't really know what I read. Fantasy, angst, thriller, romance. I don't know.

"Okay well let's just start looking for one." he said. I walked with him to the closest shelf. I brushed my fingers against the books. I stopped when my fingers touched one book. It was pink. I grabbed it and looked at the cover. It had a pink flower on it which was completely destroyed. 'It Ends With Us'. I turned the book around and red the back.

"Did you find something?" Mike asked me.

"I don't know, I'm reading the back right now." Mike grabbed the book away from my hands and started reading it himself.

"Hey, I didn't even get to read the first sentence!" I said trying to get the book back in my hands.

"Oh, you definitely have to buy this." Mike said handing me back the book.

"Thank you." I said when I got the book back. I started reading the back again. When I finished reading it I looked up at Mike. He was already looking at me.

"So?" he said.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna get it." I said, giving Mike a smile and looking down on the book in my hands. We walked to the counter and I set the book on it. The cashier scanned the barcode.

"That'll be 8,99 dollars please." I reached for my back pocket to grab my wallet. I opened my wallet but before I could pay Mike set 9 dollars on the counter. I looked at him in confusion.

"Thank you." the cashier said.

"Oh and a bag please." Mike said. The cashier reached down and grabbed a bag.

"That'll be an extra dollar then." I quickly grabbed a dollar from my wallet and put it on the counter right before Mike's hand. I looked at him and gave him a slight smile. The cashier gave me the book and the bag. I thanked the cashier and we headed out. The second we got out I immediately asked Mike why he paid for me.

"Why did you pay for me?"

"A welcome gift."

"Seriously?"

"Yep." he simply replied.

"Wanna go see the library?" he asked me.

"Hell yes." I followed him to the next door and he stepped in.

"It really is next door." I said.

"I told you so."

"How long have you been here?" I asked him after stepping into the library. I looked around waiting for Mike's answer. It was an old library. God I love old libraries.

"Around a year."

"A year?" I said a bit too loud. I heard people saying 'sh' all around me.

"Yeah, I wanted to live on my own. And yeah I worked here until I had enough money to go to Yale."

"Oh." I answered.

"Oh hey guys, how you doing?" I heard Mike say. I turned around again from admiring this place. To look at Mike walking to two girls sitting on a table chatting with each other. One was a ginger the other a brunette. I walked over to Mike and just stood there.

"Oh, you must be Mike's new roommate?" the brunette asked me.

"Yeah, I am." I answered.

"Well, I am Jane and that's Max." the brunette said while pointing at the ginger. Max had a smile plastered on her face and she waved at me. I waved back.

"Well, I'm Will. Nice to meet you." they gave me a smile. I smiled back. I looked at Mike and asked him if we could go through my eyes. Mike got the clue.

"We should get going. I was showing him around town." Mike said. I waved at the girls and they waved back and we left the library.

"Did you not like them?" Mike instantly asked me when stood outside.

"No, no, no they're nice. I just- I don't know it's stupid." how am I supposed to tell him I'm scared of new people because of my past. I don't even know why I'm not trying to get away from Mike. I've had this feeling to leave new people with everyone. Why not Mike? Maybe my mind is just thinking smart saying I don't have to think that shit, because I gotta live with him until one of us moves out.

"Earth to Will?" and I'm back to the real world. Mike is waving his hand in front of my face. Another thing I gained as a child. I zone out a lot.

"Yeah, sorry."

"Why'd you apologize?"

"I- I- don't know, sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

"Yeah sorry, I mean yeah." he gave me a worried look. God I know this is gonna be a long day.

He kept showing me around town. We bought some more decorations for my bedroom. Two fake plants, a few posters from The Clash and a pinboard with some pins. So I can put my memories on there.

Now we're heading back to he dormitory. We just walked past the library so we're almost there.

"I'm gonna help you by the way." Mike broke the silence.

"With?"

"Decorating. I'd like to help."

"Yeah, sure if you want to." I've been kind of distancing myself from him ever since he looked at me in confusion. After I apologized so much. I don't know why and I feel bad.

"Sorry by the way for distancing myself."

"Will, I don't care. But you have to stop with the sorry's. I don't know why you apologize so much, if there's a reason why, you don't have to tell me. Only if you want to." I felt a smile appearing on my face.

"Thank you." he smiled back at me.

We entered the dormitory and went upstairs to our dorm. We entered our dorm. The first thing I did was set the bags down and sit on the couch. I'm so exhausted. From the car ride and walking around the city all day.

"C'mon we should start decorating." Mike said while walking to me.

"No, we can do it tomorrow. I'm gonna rest for a bit."

"I get that." Mike said and he sat next to me on the couch and put on the tv. My eyes began to feel heavy. I decided to close my eyes for a bit.

A/N
I have so many ideas for this story istg. But yeah. I don't really know what to say. Today I stood up for my sister to my dad and my mom got mad at me saying I have no respect to them. Then she told me I should pack my things one day and leave. Thank god she could've asked me earlier. I have been searching for a college dorm near my college I'm accepted to for next school year. Yes, I'm 15 but I really want to move out of this shithole. And since I'm going to college my government accepts me to move in a dormitory. If I'm not moving out the 2nd year of college I might be going crazy.

Word count: 2498

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

20.6K 413 38
𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐨�...
1.2K 138 18
"But when I'm- when I'm around you. . . God, I don't even know. It's like- I've never felt this way before. Like, ever." ✩-.. What happens when two s...
21K 627 21
After meeting Eleven, the party was closer than ever. Even though she's gone, the party is still thick as thieves. Mike, refusing to believe Eleven w...
63.6K 1.1K 42
Different Eddie Munson x fem reader.. aka y/n :) Please vote and make requests!! All rights for the characters belong to Stranger Things and the Duff...