12

"I didn't expect our siblings to plan this plane fight right after Christmas." Mike said as he looked at Will who was already packing his stuff.

"Oh Mike don't worry you'll see me tomorrow night remember. Nancy told you I'm staying a night over at their dorms and if you wanted to you could sleep over too." Will said as he stood up and gave Mike a kiss on the cheek and walked out of the room. Mike followed

"Nance?" Mike called out for her sister.

"Yeah?" Nancy answered as she turned around to look at her brother who just came running down the stairs with Will.

"You told me it was okay to stay the night at yours right?" Mike asked. Nancy smiled and nodded while humming.

"Okay great our plane goes tomorrow morning and Will goes in a few hours. So, are you gonna stay a few hours at my dorm if you want to meet one of my friends?" Mike asked. Nancy thought for a bit but agreed.

"Will you coming?" Jonathan asked. Will nodded and they went outside after they said their goodbye's and went inside the taxi. Mike sighed as he closed the door.

"Jezus Mike it isn't like he leaves you forever." Nancy chuckled.

"Yeah I know, I'm just worried." Mike sighed again and walked to the couch a plopped down.

"They're gonna be okay." Nancy said as sat down next to Mike.

"What if they don't?" Mike asked again.

"Mike."

"What." Mike said sternly.

"Don't worry about it too much alright?" Mike nodded.

. . .

"You ready?" Jonathan asked as they saw the saw the sign of Welcome to Hawkins through the taxi window. Will hesitated but nodded afterwards. They both didn't have much package and Will got a bag instead of a suitcase as Nancy promised she'd bring the suitcase.

"You wanted to be dropped off at the begin of the town?" the chauffeur asked.

"Yeah." Jonathan answered. The chauffeur nodded.

"We're going to the store right away okay?" Jonathan said. Will nodded.

"Alright guys we got here." Jonathan thanked the man and stepped out. So did Will. They walked together to the store they both knew their mom worked at. It wasn't far from the side of the town. About a ten minute walk. As they walked Will's breathing kept hitching.

"What if she isn't working today?" Will asked.

"She works full-time she should be working." Jonathan reassured Will.

"But what if she doesn't anymore."

"I'm sure she does she's been working full-time for years now." Jonathan said. Will nodded. The store was getting in sight. Both their walks fastened and they arrived at the entrance.

"C'mon." Jonathan said as he pushed the doors open and walked inside. They both immediately went to the cashier.

"Uh hi?" the cashier looked at them in a confusing way, kind of checking them out in a disgusted way. Will looked down uncomfortably.

"Hi, our mom she works here. Her name is Joyce Byers is she here by any chance? We came to see her." Jonathan said.

"Uh, no. Joyce Byers hasn't been working for over a month because one of her sons is apparently missing." the girl spoke. Will looked up at Jonathan with worry in his eyes.

"Could you maybe call her to let her know we're here?"

"Nope. She told us after two weeks to stop calling her." the girl said while she shook her head.