4

-Mike-

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked Max. Max leaned a bit closer to me.

"You might want to have this talk privately." Max said quietly while she glanced over at Will. I glanced over at Will too and looked back to Max with a confused face.

"What? Why?" I asked her.

"Just go to your room and ask questions there." she said as she pushed me to my room. We walked to my room. I closed the door behind Max after she entered.

"So what is this all about?" I asked her while raising an eyebrow.

"You got a crush on Will!" she said teasingly.

"What, no I don't. Why did you think that?" I whisper-shouted to her.

"If it's not true why are we still whispering then?" she asked me while she put her arms over each other. I thought for a moment. I had no idea. I shrugged.

"See. Ask him out!" she said. I shook my head.

"He's straight Max, trust me no."

"Maybe he is gay. Or the same as you." I was definitely not straight but I also didn't want to put any label on it. I'm just myself and that's good enough.

"Max, seriously. Look at him, he's as straight as a door." I said.

"I don't think so, Mike. My gaydar is ringing pretty hard when I'm around him."

"Your gaydar?" I said with my eyebrows lifted up.

"Yeah, you don't have that. Like when you look at people and immediately think 'oh he's gay' or 'oh, he's definitely straight', you don't have that?" she asked me confusedly.

"What, no." I said while frowning.

"I don't think yours is working then." Max shrugged.

"No way I'm asking him out by the way. He's still very uncomfortable around me." I said with a sad tone in my voice.

"Mike, your obliviousness kills me. He's the most comfortable around you. Like you haven't noticed how he acts when all of us are around. He tries to be the closest to you and when you get something to drink from the kitchen, he's always looking at you with a look on his face that says 'please don't leave me'" I looked at her in disbelief.

"Max, he barely eats around me."

"Maybe that's not you Mike, but him." I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Maybe he starves himself for some reason, I don't know. Talk to him about it. I'm sure he'll tell you if your jut being patient." Max sad the first part barely hearable but I still heard it.

"So you're assuming he hates himself or something?"

"Mike, oh my god I'm not saying that. Just talk to him about it okay?" I nodded.

"Okay, I've done my thing. Go do your thing now. I'm going back to my dorm." Max said as she left my room. She waved Will goodbye and left. After she left I walked out of my room and set next to Will on the couch. He was still reading. I looked at his eyes seeing how they switch between words. His facial expressions changed to a frown and back to normal as he was reading. He let out a sigh.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Oh just this stupid character won't think straight." he said. He really is in the story when he reads. It's cute. Oh god, Max is right. No Mike don't think about crushes right now. Think about Wills situation.