The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Theories

2K 151 160
By rileysmiley139

— Chapter 42 —

Felix comes running into the station, heading straight to the secretary. "I'm Lee Felix, I'm here to do the questioning of Hwang Hyunjin. Where is he?" He eagerly looks down the hall.

"Calm down, sweetie." The secretary laughs. "He's in room B3." She says.

"Thanks." He says, running down the hall before Chan can even catch up.

Felix knows the minute he enters the questioning room, Chan can't catch him. And he wants answers out of Hyunjin before he even sees Chan, who he has questions for as well.

He takes a deep breath before entering the questioning room. He opens the door, and Hyunjin's head snaps up when he hears the door. His eyes flicker with fear when he sees Felix, and Felix takes a breath when he sees that.

"Hwang Hyunjin." Felix says, picking up the paperwork on him before he takes a seat across from Hyunjin at the small table.

"Listen.." Hyunjin starts, and Felix looks at him expectingly. "If this is your way of trying to push me away, I get it. Just let me go, I'm innocent and we both know that."

"You're innocent?" Felix says. "Tell me the truth, before I have to find out for myself." He says, motioning to the paperwork.

Hyunjin just sighs, and Felix scoffs. "I guess your lying to me again." He says painfully, and Hyunjin's chest clutches.

He raises the paperwork, and Hyunjin's breath hitches. Felix just ignores his reaction, and starts to read the paperwork. However, by the first look his heart is already on the floor. The more he reads, the more he wants to vomit.

He sets the paperwork down shakily. "Yang.. Hyunjin? Yang Jeongin's brother? You're the second— second Yang son?" He asks with a shaky voice, not able to fully grasp the situation.

"Listen to me.." Hyunjin says desperately.

"You're the murderer, aren't you?" Felix asks, tears brimming his eyes. The look in his eyes only makes Hyunjin's heart hurt more.

He should have just been honest to Felix. Even if it would have brought him straight to prison, he doesn't care. He should have told him the truth. Being locked away for the rest of his life would be better than Felix looking at him with this amount of hatred in his eyes.

"I haven't murdered anyone since—"

"You're lying!" Felix yells. "You're a murderer! You're lying! Stop lying to me!" He doesn't even care how pathetic he is coming off to Hyunjin, he is just in a state of agony.

"Listen to me Felix!" Hyunjin's loud voice echoes throughout the room, cutting Felix off. "I quit. I'm done. I don't do that work anymore, and I haven't been doing anything bad since I quit."

"You said to me that you run your father's business now." Felix says. "You obviously still work in the business, so just stop lying to me. Be honest, for once."

"The family business, yeah." Hyunjin says. "But not the underground shit. Jeongin manages all that, I quit that life before my parents were murdered. I quit it when my daughter was born."

"Listen, let me just explain." Hyunjin repeats again. "I was born into this. It wasn't by choice, I didn't want to do that. I only did what they said because I was a child, I didn't know better."

"But when I was drugged, I realized I needed to get out. I realized how deep I was in all of that, and I just stopped doing the dirty work. I quit for my daughter, I wanted to live a normal life for her. But I had no college degree, I had nothing to start over. If I fully left the business, I would be broke and Nabi would be taken. I stayed because I had nothing, and all I do is run the casinos and clubs.

"What exactly is this underground business?" Felix asks, his foot bouncing from underneath the table. He is so nervous right now, and he fears he won't even be able to contain himself in a few minutes— especially if Hyunjin keeps digging the whole deeper. It's only making this whole thing worse.

"Money and drugs." Hyunjin says. "That's it, that's all there is." He makes a motion with his hands, but Felix isn't paying attention to his gestures— Felix is just looking at Hyunjin like it's painful to do so.

"Bullshit." Felix denies, shaking his head. "If that's all this is then why do you have murder charges? If that's true, why did Jeongin kill Kai?" He asks. The way Felix is talking to Hyunjin right now is almost like he's meaningless to him.

Hyunjin freezes. "That.. the charges were a mistake. I didn't.." he starts to shake his head, the question bringing back painful memories he tried so hard to forget all these years.

"Hyunjin." Felix says sternly.

"It was just a mistake. I— I killed my parents." Hyunjin admits. "It wasn't my ex like I told you, it was me." He speaks of it like it's something he regrets, even if he doesn't. "They were trying to kill me."

Felix let's out a shaky breath. None of this is making sense right now. "Okay, okay. So you were born into a dirty business, and you quit and changed your name. The only reason you have murder charges is because you killed your parents, who you claim tried to kill you. That's still doesn't explain why the hell you're brother is killing the Blairs."

"He isn't killing them." Hyunjin says. "Kai came and tried to kill Jeongin, so Jeongin fought him in a life and death situation. Jeongin is still fucked up because of it to this day."

"Everybody the police claimes he killed or hurt — are people he's either never met or only met once. It's all a lie. People always came to us because our parents were such terrible people, yeah, and we have to take the fall for them, yeah, but that doesn't mean we murdered them, I never murdered anyone but our parents, and Jeongin only killed Kai. Whoever is killing the Blairs, it isn't me or my brother." Hyunjin says. "It's not legally true, but realistically— we are innocent."

"Oh my god." Felix laughs.

"Please.." Hyunjin says desperately. "Just believe me. I can tell you anything else you want, if it will
make you believe me. I promise, not one lie has and will come out of my mouth."

Felix looks at him, not one spark of trust for the older man, but he just sighs. Hyunjin is the closest thing he has to the Blairs right now, and he needs answers.

"Okay." He says. "If you lie to me, you will be arrest. You understand that right?"

"I understand." Hyunjin nods his head immediately, only wanting the younger to believe him. "Ask me anything you'd like to know, and I will tell you everything I can remember."

"Who exactly are, or were, the Blairs?"

"A family like mine, but they do more of the dirty work. That is why they have all the body guards and stuff, because they are hated by most of the people in the industry."

"Where are they?"

"Right here in this town."

Felix shivers at the answer. "Who is left?"

"Only the son."

"Who's the son?"

"I don't know."

"You have to be honest."

"I am being honest, I don't know. Nobody knows. He is like a secret weapon for them, and that's why he has been kept secret for them. A lot of people have theories about him."

"What are these theories?"

"A whole mixture. One is that he doesn't exist, one is that it's actually a women, one is that he got killed, one is that he's hiding. The most chilling one of all, however, is that he is out in the real world— running free."

Felix's blood runs cold. Everything hits him right at that moment, and he feels his head staring to get dizzy.

"He is out on the real world, running free."

The memories of him asking Chan person questions flash in his mind.

"Hey Chan, where were you born?"

"Here, I've always been in this town."

"There's a family dinner on Tuesday, are your parents coming?"

"No, my parents are.. they live out of town."

"Chan. That's short and boring, what's you're full name?"

"My full name? You don't need to know that."

"Christopher Blair." Felix repeats, remembering what the officer said earlier. "Oh my fucking god." Felix says, standing up from the chair.

"What?" Hyunjin asks. "Christopher Blair?"

"I have to go." Felix says, gathering the paperwork and putting it back. "Oh my god, it all just hit me. Thank you Hyunjin." He says opening the door, but he pauses.

He turns back to Hyunjin. "I'm so sorry." He says. "I'll get you out of this when I figure out what to do."

"You believe me?" Hyunjin asks, hopefully.

"I believe you." Felix says. "And I promise, as soon as I can, I will get you out of this mess. But for now,
I have to go set shit straight." He says, exiting the questing room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 3.5K 59
📖📖 - ♠This is a sequel to my story 'Mr. Law' ♠This story as well as 'Mr. Law' contains mpreg ♠If you wish to read any of my stories I do have some...
558K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
339K 12.1K 30
Imogen is her pack's runt. She was a surprise to her family, and a disgrace. Her father is the gamma of her pack so her existence as the runt is a di...
145K 6.4K 38
Wild. Free. Wind. Road. Escape. For fifteen years Sara Gulliver yearned for anything that wasn't home. Her blood itched and her little Honda drove h...