Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

By shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... More

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
58- Trust in me
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

12- A new companion

981 105 89
By shinymewgirl

"So can you fix it?"

The electric type gym leader pushed his glasses further up his nose and studied the three chips I had handed him, the ones used to corrupt the Mega evolution of the three Scizor I had battled. "I might be able to rebuild one but why?"

I frowned and crossed my arms. "Cause I want to figure out how it's done. What those people are doing it wrong and someone has to stop it."

After proceeding to blow up what ever I could see after my encounter with Cyrus (As well as scare the hell out of some wild Pokemon) I headed to the gym leader of Lumious city Clement. He was apparently a really good inventor and chances were he could help me figure out what these things were, and more importantly- how they were stopped.

"Oh I can tell you that. By the looks of it, these chips receive a signal of some sort of energy. The chip then focuses it into the power of Mega Evolution this forcing it to stay in its Mega form."

"Then why does it look different?"

"It might be something to do with the bond on trainer and Pokémon. Pokèmon can only Mega evolve when they have a strong bond with their trainer. If these Pokémon are being forced to Mega Evolve, or even being stolen from their trainer like the kids you helped then the bond between the person they're battling with obviously isn't that strong... or possibly, it's a side effect."

"Right." I mumbled. I remember when I fist caught Guardian she wouldn't Mega Evolve straight away. It did take a while of training until she would Mega Evolve. Aura could alway Mega Evolve since she evolved from Riolu closer to the start of my journey. "So how can we stop it? Those things gave me a hard time and I'm stronger then your average trainer, not trying to be rude or anything. I don't think that they'll all have the chip in the same place as the Scizor, so that'll be a pain."

Clemontt shook his head. "I won't know that until I rebuild one of these."

"And how long will that take?"

"They should be done by the next time you come around."

"Come around?"

"You see, in order to collect all the gym badges you need to pass through Lumious city a few times in order to get from the east side to the west and vice versa. If you travel on to Camphreir town, Coumarine city, Laverre city or Dendemille town from here you'll loop around and end up back here."

I nodded. "Well that's convenient... Since I'm here would you mind a battle?"

"Normally I prefer to battle trainers who have acquired at least four gym badges but I don't see a problem in your case."

I gave a small smirk. "This should be interesting then."

~*🌸*~

"Okay Trixie, finish with Flamethrower!" I ordered.

~Okie-dokie!~ Trixie sung and shot out the fire type attack, finishing off Magnamite.

Magnamite fell to the ground and didn't get up. I crossed my arms and smirked. Piece of cake.

"Good battle." I nodded.

Both Patunia an Dreamer had been knocked out, as well as Rio and Trixie wasn't far from it. I'd lost Dreamer and Petunia to Magnaton and Rio managed a tie with Heliolisk leaving Trixie finished off Magnamite.

"Defiantly can tell you're a champion. Good luck in Kalos Emma." Clemonttt nodded and handed me the badge.

I nodded and returned Trixie. "Thanks." I nodded and turned to leave but was stopped by a small girl who looked kinda similar to Clement.

"Please take care of my brother." She said getting on one knee.

"Sorry kid, I have a boyfriend." I chuckled slightly while Clemontt dragged his sister away going in about embarrassment.

I rolled my eyes. "Kids."

I walked out of the gym and headed to Dendemille town. Before the battle I'd arraigned to meet Silver and Red. I could heal my Pokemon myself when I got there since I was already an hour late... I'm gonna be in so much trouble from Silver. Oh well...

I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"For a girl who's apparently not wanted anymore, you sure do sneak around a lot."

I groaned. "Leave me alone already, Looker." I glared, looking up at him from under my hood.

"What's with the hood then?" He said suspiciously.

"Have you ever seen a guy fanboy over a girl, cause trust me it is not a pretty sight. I can tell you from personal experience." I growled. "Now excuse me, unlike some stalkers, such as yourself, I have somewhat of a life."

I pushed past him and ignored his calls after me. Stupid police, protect the people- bullshit.

I headed onto route 16 and looked around for Silver and Red. It didn't take me long to spot them under a tree, Silver looking pretty pissed off.

"Before you say anything, the battle took slightly longer then expected." I said plainly before Silver ranted in about me keeping in time and whatever other shit he wanted to. "Now if you'd excuse me." I casually left him behind looking slightly flustered but more annoyed. Oh boy...

"Get your badge?" Red asked, changing the subject.

Thank god someone knows I can handle myself.

"Yup." I shrugged. "Now let's go, this route apparently goes on forever." I strolled forward, wanting to get away from the city since I'd seen two of worst enemies in two days and both had given me threats I really didn't want to bother with right now.

~Emma, Silver doesn't look happy-!~ Faith hummed.

"Let me know when I care."

~Okie-dokie-!~

Well that was odd.

"What was odd?"

Silver dropping an argument. I had popcorn and Fanta ready.

"To bad."

I was barely aware of Silver and Red having their own conversation while I had my own with Night. Slowly the sun began to set and I suggested we make camp.

"Imma gonna get fire wood." I announced just for an excuse to be on my own for half an hour.

Before Silver could argue, I disappeared into the forest with my two Eeveelution's at my heals.

~Are you alright Emma, you've been a bit distant lately...~ Hope said as I bent down to inspect a pile of arranged fallen branches.

"I'm fine, just been... thinking a lot. I guess-- Do you here that?" I frowned.

There was what sounded like something running quickly in this direction. Hope and Trust nodded, quickly got in front of me, ready to attack if they needed to.

What burst through the bushes was probably the last thing I expected. A girl, about 7 or 8, tripped on a tree root and fell at my feet. A gash ran across her forehead and blood slowly dripped down her face. She looked up at me with a terrified expression and scrambled back a little before a Houndoom burst through the bushes she had.

She screamed in fright and dashed in another direction, the Houndoom chasing after her and paying no attention to me... Until I hit it with an Aura Sphere on instinct.

He turned and growled at me. ~Stay of of this girl.~

"Give me a good reason." I hissed as Hope and Trust both ran to protect the girl who was backed up against a tree.

The Houndoom looked quite surprised by me being able to understand it but didn't looked any less pissed off. ~My master wishes me to bring his daughter home and I have every intention of doing so.~

I glanced at the girl who was hugging herself, looking terrified of the Houndoom.

I shook my head. "To bad you're gonna leave empty handed." I growled forming a ball of water at my finger tips and aiming it for Houndoom. "Now leave."

~From what you're able to do, I'm assuming you're the Voice of Purity.~ Houndoom said snidely. ~Fortunately, I'm no idiot of a Pokémon. I know your strength, so I leave with a warning. Watch your back.~ After his final words he let out a Smoke Screen, which when faded showed he was gone.

Hope and Trust were looking confused but the girl was still hiding behind them. I let out a small sigh and approached her cautiously.

She watched me carefully, still looking afraid of me. The closer I got I began to realise scars of her arms. The way her ribs stuck out agains her shirt. The way blood and filth mangled with her hair. Signs that were all to familiar to me.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I said softly, kneeling down to her hight.

"P-please d-don't send me... me b-back." She sobbed, tears running down her cheeks.

"Why not?" I asked, inching closer slightly.

"D-daddy- h-he *hic* he hurts me." She sobbed.

My suspicions were then confirmed. No way was I sending this girl back anywhere.

"I won't send you back." I said with a small smile, offering my hand to her. "Let's get you cleaned up. I have friends not to far away, we'll sort something out with them."

She looked at my hand for a moment before she accepted it. "My name's Emma." I told her.

"Anne." She replied as I helped her to her feet.

I led her back the way I'd come to our camp sight. Silver and Red had a fire going already and to say Silver looked pissed would be the understatement of the century.

He was about to yell at me when he saw Anne. He looked confused by her.

"I'll explain later." I mumbled sitting her by the fire. "Just help me a moment."

Red began rummaging through his bag and pulled out a sandwich and water bottle. While I sat Anne by the fire with my sleeping bag around her shoulders.

One she was sitting by the fire, eating Red's sandwich I pulled Silver and Red aside to tell them what happened.

After explaining the whole story Silver crossed his arms and gave me a slightly disapproving look, not a good sign.

"So what do you plan on doing now?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I was going to ask her is she has any other family we could take her to..." I glanced over at her to see Faith as Melody tending to the cut on her head. She looked more relaxed then she had previously. Which was good.

"We?" Silver asked, interrupting my daze.

"Well unless you're not traveling with me anymore, then yes we." I glared, crossing my arms preparing for an argument.

Silver pinched the bridge of his nose. "Emma, we know nothing about this and probably shouldn't be getting involved."

"I know enough to know that she's in a similar situation as I was when I was her age and I won't stand for it." I glared.

Sliver met my glare. "Emma we have nothing to do with this..."

"I don't give a damn Silver. You know how I feel about my past, what kind of person should I be to put another person in that position when I could of prevented it."

"Emma--"

"No Silver. You have no idea how it feels. I won't stand for something like that to happen to someone I could have helped. Now you can help me or you can leave be cause I'm helping her whether you're with me or not." I glared and turned around leaving both Silver and an unusually silent Red behind.

By the time I got back to where Anne was I'd calmed down enough to force a smile for her. Faith and Melody had fixed up the gash on her forehead and she was now stroking Faith who was now sleeping soundly on her lap.

I knelt by her side and gave we a soft smile. "It's going to be okay now, alright?"

She looked up at me with her shiny grey eyes. Small tears gathered in the corners. "Are you going to send me back to daddy?" She asked sadly.

I shook my head and sat next to her cross legged. "No."

She looked surprised. "Really?"

I smiled and nodded. "My daddy used to hurt me to when I was little." I wrinkled my nose in disgust when I referred to Cyrus as my father.

Still does.

"Shut it Night."

She looked more surprised by this. "I don't know what I did, he'd just hit me and.." She burst out sobbing.

I moved closer to her and wrapped my arm around her. "It's alright now. I promise."

She looked up at me expectantly, as if right now she needed me to be the one she depended on. Memories of the weeks after I'd been removed from Cyrus 'care' flooded my head but I forced them aside as I always did. 

"Do you have any family we could take you to?"

"I have an aunt in Couriway town." She said softly, looking at her hands. "I was trying to get there but I got lost."

I quickly went over the map that Clement had showed me in my mind. I'm pretty sure that's the way we were heading now. "Okay Anne, we'll take you there." I smiled. "But you have to listen to what Silver, Red or myself say... actually, ignore Silver. Just listen to Red and myself."

She giggled. "Okay."

~*~*~*~*~🌸~*~*~*~*~
Word count: 2241

I was feeling bad about not updating for so long so I've been slowly working on this. Sorry Ive been gone so long I'm trying to sort some stuff out and it's taking longer then expected. No thanks to some people. *glares at Pike and eye twitches* Anyway, getting along with the story now and before any of you ask, Im not sure weather or not Anne will be completely important to the plot. Though the point of her traveling with Emma will be later explained.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 340 31
*Going Through Major editing* "You can be a Pikachu..." "You can be energy.." "But I'll love you either way.." *First ever story* In a trainerless w...
223K 10.3K 52
After a past of abuse and heartache, Emma's only solace is her own strength. Depending only on herself and her Pokémon is how she gets from one day t...
85.7K 2.6K 53
Subsequent to their journey through Kalos, another unexpected one begins. One that draws heartache from heartstrings themselves and passion from riot...
4.5K 112 27
This book is part of a series. If you have not read the other books, then you won't understand what's going on here at ALL. Please go read 'Not Every...