PERFECTLY IMPERFECT

By SensationalSleeping

Getting a prince was Eva's, daughter of the Evil Queen, only goal in life. Well, that and ensuring she looked... More

ONE ~ ALLEYWAY ADVENTURES
TWO ~ PUTRID PIRATES
THREE ~ ROYALLY ROTTEN
FOUR ~ KIND KING
FIVE ~ TENDER TEACHER
SIX ~ FRAIL FAIRY
SEVEN ~ FRIGHTENING FEELINGS
EIGHT ~ IRKSOME INTERACTIONS
NINE ~ WICKED WAND
TEN ~ DANGEROUS DANCING
ELEVEN ~ KNACKERED KNIGHT
TWELVE ~ MISSING MAL
THIRTEEN ~ PERFECTED PLANS
FOURTEEN ~ ROTTEN REUNION
FIFTEEN ~ FLIRTATIOUS FIGHTING
SIXTEEN ~ TENACIOUS TENTACLES
EIGHTEEN ~ ENDEARING ENGAGEMENT
NINETEEN ~ HADES' HUMILIATION
TWENTY ~ PETTY PIRATES
TWENTY ONE ~ KNOCKOUT KNIGHTS
TWENTY TWO ~ FAMILY FOREVER
TWENTY THREE ~ DISTRAUGHT DRAGON
TWENTY FOUR ~ GLOOMY GOODBYES
TWENTY FIVE ~ COLD CLOSURE
TWENTY SIX ~ HAPPILY EVER AFTER
TWENTY THREE.2 ~ LIFESAVING LIPS

SEVENTEEN ~ COTILLION CONFESSIONS

1.7K 55 14
By SensationalSleeping

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮
I'd kidnap Hook and drag him
here for you if I could.
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

Frightened exclamations filled the air, followed by people scrambling to move out of the range of the green tentacle. Watching her friends run about in alarm, Mal struggled to catch her breath. Panting wildly, a mix of anger and helplessness swirled withing her. A luminescent green shone from her eyes. Purple smoke began forming at Mal's feet, attracting the attention of the other VKs. Losing their friend's figure behind the thick smoke, the VKs panicked as they struggled with who they should be helping.

When the air cleared, a magnificent purple dragon had taken the place of the future Lady. A roar filled the air and Eva's cheeks heated when a fireball barrelled past her. Darting away from the attack, Uma's anger heightened as the dragon aimed for her. She was supposed to have the upper hand. Why did Mal always have to be better?

The soaked partygoers watched with bated breath as the sea witch ducked to avoid the flame. A surge of water violently rocked the boat whilst a separate wave struck from above. Eva gripped one of the poles, face white. The banner that had hung from it, now flapped in the wind, smacking her in the face every now and again. She paid it no attention as she focused all her attention on not vomiting. An uncontrollable howl sounded from Auradon's King. Ben shed his jacket, handed his crown to Carlos, and dove into the icy waters.

"Ben! No!" Eva bellowed but made no effort to move from her safe position by the pole.

Her entire job was to keep the King safe and since starting, she was doing a pretty crummy job of it. Although, in her defence, he wasn't exactly making it easy for her.

Swimming into the middle of the battling creatures, Ben's legs pumped beneath him as he fought to keep himself afloat. Not wishing to hurt her True Love, Mal hovered protectively behind him, keeping her fire to himself.

"You have to stop fighting. We need to listen and respect each other. It won't be easy but we have to try. Uma, I know you want what's best for the Isle so stay. Help me make a difference." Ben reasoned, hoping to appeal to the sea witch's innate desire.

Hand held out to Uma, Ben hoped she would take it. He truly believed that with a little effort, they could work towards mending their differences, making Auradon and the Isle a better place. Some part of him understood why she had spelled him and snuck off the Isle. After all, the people she lived with and loved needed help. His help. He was the only person who could truly change things, and he was happy to have Uma there to aid him.

A warning snarl left the dragon's mouth when a tentacle slowly made its way towards Ben's hand. A small object landed in his palm before Uma turned, sinking below the waves and far from view. Glancing down, Ben was pleased to find his ring returned; the same one Mal had returned after telling him she wasn't leaving the Isle. Amid all the chaos, he hadn't even noticed it was missing.

Once Mal and Ben had their human legs safely back on deck, they reunited with each other in the middle of the dance floor. Smoke plumed from sections of her dress but neither one of them paid it much attention as they locked eyes. Unable to control his emotions, Ben grabbed hold of Mal's waist, pulling her close. He pressed his lips to hers without much thought of the people watching them (his parents included). Pulled apart by Carlos' disgust, the young couple started adoringly at each other as their friends crowded them. Thanking the VKs for their help with freeing him, Ben vowed that he would comply with whatever favour they asked. Eager to make change, Evie asked if he would be willing to let more kids from the Isle came to Auradon. An ache pounded in Eva's chest when Ben agreed.

Hanging back from the group, she allowed herself to be pushed back by celebrating teenagers, not wishing to put a dampener on the happy mood. Whilst she was pleased other children would experience the joys she had, she knew Gil and Harry would never be granted that opportunity. Not after their crimes. They'd kidnapped the King, used his life for ransom, attempted to break the barrier, and then attacked the VKs. She'd never get to see one of her closest friends again. She'd never discover if the other was her True Love.

Music filled the air, prompting Ben to bow and hold his hand out to Mal. A burning pain radiated down Eva's throat and her chin wavered. Parker wrapped his coat around her shivering shoulders. His mouth began forming a request to dance but his words fell flat when she brushed him off, fleeing from the floor. Watching her leave, Carlos reassured Parker that he didn't do anything wrong, before slinking through the crowd in search of his friend.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Resigned to the fact that they were going to be stuck on the Isle for the remainder of their days, the pirates had slunk off to their beds. The Isle was fairly quiet for a change. Most people were tucked up in their dark holes, fearing the retribution they may face for Uma's actions. After wishing him a dejected goodnight, Gil walked through the swinging doors, leaving the First Mate alone in Ursula's Fish and Chips.

Hat discarded on the table, Harry's hair stuck up in odd directions from where he had been running his fingers through it. Although everyone had long since cleared out, Harry still sat on the bar stool, stewing in his own silence. The room was aglow with the light emitting from the television box, still broadcasting the cotillion. A dull pain had started in his temples as he reminded himself to blink.

His eyes followed the blue form of a young woman in the background of the happy couple. Her fuzzy form could be seen fleeing the boat. Was she feeling the same agony he was? Was their misery shared. Exhaling harshly, Harry had no desire to see how tomorrow would pan out.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

"Parker's looking for you. Apparently, you owe him your slice of cake." Carlos said, announcing his presence when he finally managed to locate his friend.

She'd curled up on a stone bench at the top of the boat, secluded in darkness from where the twinkling lights hadn't quite managed to reach it. Her head was tipped back slightly, eyes staring up at the beauty of the moon. There was something serene about it. Choking on her laugh, Eva hurried to brush away a stray tear. A small cough cleared the thickness from her throat.

"What's up, buttercup?" Jay asked.

When she didn't turn to face them, he seated himself beside her, slinging his arm around her shoulders. Her body squished against him as the other three VKs crowded onto the bench.

Jay continued, "You've not seemed very happy since we returned from the Isle."

A deep shuddering breath left her before she began to speak. "I have something to confess but I don't think any of you will like it."

"What are you talking about? You know you can tell us anything." Evie comforted, reaching across Carlos to clasp her twin's hand.

"Before we came to Auradon, I used to sneak off to meet Harry Hook. Nothing ever happened but there was something there."

Her friends remained quiet, and she was grateful that they were allowing her to get this off her chest before passing judgement.

"When we left, I used my necklace to, sort of, communicate with him. I don't know when it happened but I developed feelings for him. But, as our mother so kindly pointed out, he was just using me based on Uma's orders. So, I'm in love with a pirate with most likely played me." Eva snorted at her own stupidity.

"That's ridiculous." Carlos stated bluntly.

Eva was taken back at his abrupt tone. Out of all of them, she hadn't expected him to be the harshest.

"I know for a fact that Uma ordered Harry to stay away from you because she was worried he'd defy her for you, which he technically did." Carlos explained, easing the tension in her brow.

The VKs looked at him incredulously, confused how he knew this information. To their knowledge, he'd never gone anywhere without one of them. Glancing at their perplexed expressions, Carlos let out a slight chuckle.

"What? Gil is a very chatty person. Oh, also, I caught the pair of you talking in an alleyway months ago," stated the cheerful boy.

He was the only one Eva hadn't seen flinch away in disgust at her news. He was also happy for her so long as she was happy with her decisions. Carlos was supportive of anyone if they felt they'd made the right choice.

Not that he needed to say it, Carlos added, "As long as he makes you happy, I support you and your feelings."

Head resting on his shoulders, Eva was so blessed to have Carlos in her life. Clasping the older girl's hand in his, he squeezed back when she squished his hand in gratitude. He felt her tense when Mal asked if Eva was absolutely sure of her feelings.

Slightly disturbed at the news, she said, "I know he's attractive but he's not bountiful in sanity, and he's the enemy!"

"You fell in love with the King of Auradon." Carlos pointed out, coming to his friend's rescue.

A soft laugh came from Mal's end of the bench, as she nodded her head in agreement, falling silent on the subject.

"He's an asshole." Jay pointed out, filling the silence. Evie had remained completely quiet so he felt it was his turn to voice his objection- oops, opinion.

"Have you ever been nice to him though? If you got to know him - and Gil - you'd see that they're both very sweet people, who are only doing what they need to to survive. That's no different to how we were."

"Look, I'm not going to lie to you and pretend like the idea of you two doesn't bother me. After all, Hook and I have never gotten along. But, when you see him again, and confess your feelings, I'll do my best not to throw up at the sight of you with him." Jay compromised, bumping his shoulder against Eva's.

"Gee, thanks," she responded drily.

He flashed her a blinding grin. "Anything for you, Princess."

"Evie?" Eva turned to face her twin sister, who hadn't uttered even a sigh since the conversation started.

When they made eye contact, the look on Evie's face wasn't comforting to her anxious sister. Staring into her dark brown eyes, Eva was reminded of how different the two could be as her own blue eyes pooled with tears. If Evie was disgusted by the choice she made, Eva knew that her potential (mental) relationship with Harry would never stand a chance. Whilst she was often desperate to seek approval from the people in her life, the only opinion that truly mattered when it came down to it was Evie's.

After a moment, Evie said, "We tell each other everything."

Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper. Hurt creased her brow as her mind whirred over the fact that there was this huge secret between them.

Aware that they were imposing on a moment that should be between the Grimhilde twins, the other three silently stood from the bench. Mal looped her arms between Jay and Carlos' and let them escort her back to the King. Jay bounded over to Parker and Lonnie, assuring them everything was fine before pulling them both into a dance. Armed with newfound determination, Carlos stormed over to Jane, fearing that if he didn't tell her tonight then too much would remain unsaid between them.

"When I realised how I felt about Doug, you were the first person I told. Mother would despise the very idea of us, but I knew you would understand. I knew you would listen. Yet, you felt the need to hide Harry from me before the idea of Auradon was ever presented to us. Why, Eva? I thought we were closer than that."

"I was ashamed." A weight pressed down on her chest as the words hung in the air. "I was worried about how you'd react. You all cast him out, you laughed at the idea of him becoming a VK without even giving him a chance. And then, acted as if he were in the wrong when he joined Uma."

Evie looked away, breaking the connection between them. An exasperated sigh left Eva's mouth. She was making a huge mess out of this. Instead of explaining, she was making it sound as though she blamed her sister.

"I suppose admitting it to someone other than myself would've made it real. Evie, I would do anything for you, and I have. Time and time again. No matter how angry she was, I protected you from Mom but I was terrified of her. The very idea of her finding out about him used to keep me awake at night. Staying silent kept me safe, in a way."

"Oh... Look, I know I wasn't always the best when we were younger, and I let you take the brunt-."

"Stop. I chose to protect you. That was my decision and I won't let you feel guilty for it."

A tear slid down Evie's cheek but she made no move to brush it away. Another would simply take its place soon after. Any anger had dissipated.

"No matter the secret, no matter the shame, you can confide in me about anything. You're my sister, Eva, my twin. I will always love you, regardless of what you do or say. Our love is unconditional. If Harry is who you want to be with, then I will never judge that. Your happiness will always be more important than any prejudice judgements I made years ago."

"Not too sure why I brought this up. My feelings aren't much use when you consider that I'm not going to see him again."

Shuffling down the bench, Evie wrapped her arm around her sister's shoulders and pulled her in for tight side-hug. Ever the optimist, the brown-eyed designer reassured the scolded knight that her feelings would always matter. Never give up hope, was Evie's mantra. King Ben now owed the VKs a favour, and Evie had no problem convincing him to grant her twin sister a happy ending.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Feet aching and head pounding, Eva offered no complaints when strong arms wrapped around her waist, tossing her over broad shoulders. Jay chuckled when she fell limp, her limbs weightless. For the past ten minutes, he had watched as her eyes continuously drooped. As the party started dying down, the Tourney star decided it would be best if he safely escorted her back to her room. Past history indicated she would remain there until she fell asleep on her feet. (Then he'd have to scoop her up off the floor).

Since confessing her 'life-altering secret' to her family, the young woman had cheered up significantly for the remainder of the evening. Eva had allowed herself to be pulled onto the dance floor several times, and her legs burned from use. Carlos had spun her a little too vigorously at one point, and she crashed into a pole, leaving a long red mark on her forehead. Uncontrollable laughter had burst from her when Doug slipped in a puddle of water, crashing into former King Adam. His face had gone darker than Evie's red gloves but he didn't mind too much; it was the happiest they had all been in the past few days.

"I'm going to take her to the dorms but I'll come back." Jay promised Lonnie, who let out a giggle when Eva poker her head around his back to mouth 'goodbye'.

Heels in one hand and the other securing the back of Eva's legs so she didn't fall, Jay began the trek back to Auradon Prep. Over the coming summer weeks, the VKs would be moving into their own properties on Auradon's land. Ben had boasted that he had found the perfect places for each of them but for tonight, Jay was having to make his way back to the castle-turned-school.

"You keep doing that and I'll drop you," warned Jay when he felt small fingers jabbing him in the side.

Squirming away from her touch, Jay pretended to tip her slightly. Eva shrieked in fear, clutching onto his arm and promising to cease tickling him.

When they reached her dorm room, he plonked her safely on the floor so she could retrieve the key from within the folds of her dress. Shifting the tulle layer that sat atop her dress, she reached her hand into the hidden pocket and pulled out the silver key. Feet sinking into the plush carpet, Eva padded into her room, gazing at it with a new perspective. Fabric and pins lay across the tabletops. Shoes lay discarded on the floor, makeup littering any surface left free from Evie's dressmaking. None of the mess mattered right now.

Throwing herself down on the bed, the exhausted woman let out a content sigh. Grabbing at her grey comforter, she pulled it over herself, unbothered by the fact that she was still in her dress. Jay watched from the doorway with an affectionate smile.

"Jay?"

"Yes, Sweetheart?"

"Thank you," she murmured, eyes fluttering close again.

"For what?"

"For accepting me and my feelings. I know how much you dislike him."

"Eva, if you told me you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him, and I watched as he worshipped the ground you walked on, I'd spend every Sunday eating dinner with him."

She offered him a sleepy smile with squinted eyes, but she knew she'd lose the battle against keeping them closed. After all, it was far past her strictly self-mandated bedtime. Unable to help herself, the blue-eyed beauty slipped into a deep sleep; mouth open, heavy breathing and everything. Grinning at his friend, Jay pulled the covers up and over her properly, pressing a kiss to the side of her styled hair.

"All I want is for you to be happy. I'd kidnap Hook and drag him here for you if I could," he whispered to her sleeping frame.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 52 8
Scarlett is the Daughter of the renowned Evil Lion Scar. She has four best friends named Mal the Daughter of Maleficent, Jay the Son of Jafar, Evie t...
18K 244 11
What if Harry Hook had a sister? What if she was chosen as one of the VKs? Read to find out what will happen when Hadley goes to Auradon prep with th...
53.4K 703 18
Descendants: Ben made a proclamation and has five villains come to the Auradon. Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Jay, son of Jafar, Evie, daughter of the...
6.8K 69 14
When 5 villain kids get sent to auradon only for there parent a to have them steal fairy godmothers wand and what happened when 2 villains fall in lo...