PERFECTLY IMPERFECT

By SensationalSleeping

Getting a prince was Eva's, daughter of the Evil Queen, only goal in life. Well, that and ensuring she looked... More

ONE ~ ALLEYWAY ADVENTURES
TWO ~ PUTRID PIRATES
THREE ~ ROYALLY ROTTEN
FOUR ~ KIND KING
FIVE ~ TENDER TEACHER
SIX ~ FRAIL FAIRY
SEVEN ~ FRIGHTENING FEELINGS
EIGHT ~ IRKSOME INTERACTIONS
NINE ~ WICKED WAND
TEN ~ DANGEROUS DANCING
ELEVEN ~ KNACKERED KNIGHT
TWELVE ~ MISSING MAL
THIRTEEN ~ PERFECTED PLANS
FIFTEEN ~ FLIRTATIOUS FIGHTING
SIXTEEN ~ TENACIOUS TENTACLES
SEVENTEEN ~ COTILLION CONFESSIONS
EIGHTEEN ~ ENDEARING ENGAGEMENT
NINETEEN ~ HADES' HUMILIATION
TWENTY ~ PETTY PIRATES
TWENTY ONE ~ KNOCKOUT KNIGHTS
TWENTY TWO ~ FAMILY FOREVER
TWENTY THREE ~ DISTRAUGHT DRAGON
TWENTY FOUR ~ GLOOMY GOODBYES
TWENTY FIVE ~ COLD CLOSURE
TWENTY SIX ~ HAPPILY EVER AFTER
TWENTY THREE.2 ~ LIFESAVING LIPS

FOURTEEN ~ ROTTEN REUNION

1.9K 47 3
By SensationalSleeping

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮
The disappointment has
returned.
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Slowly making her way back to the shared apartment, Eva wavered between crying or laughing. A small drizzle had formed, and she could feel strands of hair plastered to her forehead. A giddy smile graced her beautiful features before dropping into a frown. Creases formed across her brow. Lips tingling from the memory of Hook's, she did a little skip along the uneven pathway. Deprecating thoughts ran through her head but she tried not to let them ruin the moment of happiness she'd been given.

"Well, well, well... my daughter, the disappointment, has returned."

Freezing at the voice of her nightmares, Eva found herself unable to do anything other than stare at the looming figure of her mother creeping out from the shadows. Nostrils flaring in panic, Eva willed herself to not show any outward fear.

"Evie runs off with a dwarf and you're still pining over that pirate. Did I miss anything?" The Evil Queen spat, staring down at her daughter in disgust. "You should know he's only been using you to please his Captain. Pathetic!"

"S-stop." Eva demanded but her voice wavered slightly and the villain zeroed in on it. "You know nothing about him."

"Yes, you're right, my dear. But look at you. What man would want you? You're littered with imperfections; your facial features are lopsided, your right eye squints, and you're clearly in denial about weight gain judging by the fact that the waistband of your skirt looks like it will snap any second," the evil mother noted, smirking as her daughter shrunk before her eyes.

Eva wished she could yell, scream, beg her mother to stop talking but, all she could do was stand there and listen to the cruel comments. Bottom lip wobbling and eyes burning, Eva felt her heart shatter with each word. It's not true, it's not true, she chanted, but she could feel her skirt tightening with every breath. The sleeves of her jacket felt tight and taut and she had to resist the urge to rip it off.

"Go home, little princess. Take a look at yourself in the mirror and see the truth. No one, not even a lowly fish, would truly like you unless there was some ulterior benefit. You're not worth the effort."

Just as soon as she had appeared, the Evil Queen slunk back into the smog and vanished, satisfied with the everlasting damage she had caused. Sliding down the wall, Eva collapsed into a heap on the floor. She no longer cared about the dirt or the grime, or even the fact that someone could hear/see her. Tears pooled in her blue eyes - an ocean of sadness. Sobs racked her body.

Legs tucked under herself, Eva curled up into a ball of self-loathing. Within minutes, her mother had undone months of confidence building and security. All of it gone within a few sentences. Once again, the blue-haired knight was an insecure, little girl that cowered in the shadow of the Evil Queen's cruelty.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Whistling a merry tune to himself, Gil stopped when the sound of crying drowned out his song. It was the sound of devastation. Rounding the corner, he rushed over to the little lump of blue.

"Oh, Eva." Gil whimpered, hating the state his friend was in.

Reaching down to touch her, he hated how cold her skin was under his hand. Scooping her up into his arms, the dirty blond covered her up with her jacket, attempting to warm her. Travelling the long way round to her apartment, he was relieved that he'd managed to avoid any resident of the Isle. Eva would hate for anyone to see her in such a vulnerable state. There were those that would exploit her weaknesses, reducing her to someone other than the strong, fearsome Princess she usually was. Gil couldn't handle seeing that happen to the woman who had always been a pillar of strength for him. Now it was his turn to return the favour.

Numerous times Eva had been there for him to talk to when his father got drunk and aggressive. So many nights she had comforted him, sneaking him into her room so he had a place to stay until Gaston passed out.

Carrying her up the numerous flights of stairs, he knocked on the door. Consequences be damned. Whatever punishment Uma dreamt up for this act of kindness, he would gladly take. No price was too high to pay when it came to helping the caring girl in his arms.

Cracking the door open slightly, Mal squinted suspiciously at the stranger until the light revealed Gil's grim face. Immediately taking the defensive position, Mal's hardened facade shattered at the sight of the unconscious girl in Gil's muscular arms. Yelling out for Evie, the daughter of the dragon knew there was only one person on the Isle who could cause the hiccupped breathing coming from Eva.

"Thank you for bringing her home, Gil." Evie said softly, watching as he placed Eva down on her bed.

He tenderly brushed a lock of hair back from her face before turning to leave. Whilst he didn't wish to leave his friend (he'd just gotten her back), he knew the VKs weren't comfortable having him there. Pulling the comforter up around her, Mal placed herself on one side of the girl, ready to chase away the nightmares.

"Can you- Can you just tell her-? Tell her-." Gil struggled to find the right words.

"The moment she wakes up, I'll make sure she knows you're the one who brought her home."

Thanking the blue haired beauty, Gil informed the VKs he had to return to the docks before his absence was noted. Smiling gratefully at the lovable pirate, Evie pressed a kiss to his cheek before warning him to be careful on his journey home.

Walking in silence, Gil wondered why Uma hated the group of VKs so much when they were so kind.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Stood by her sister's side, Eva inhaled the fresh sea air, ignoring the concerned looks she was receiving from her sister. Both Evie and Mal had attempted to talk to their friend following the events of last night but, she had brushed them both off. She was supposed to be better than this. She thought she had finally stopped allowing her mother to have power over her. Being reduced to that sniveling ball was humiliating.

It wasn't that she didn't appreciate their concern, she was embarrassed. Horrified, even. The limo rolled to a stop and Carlos hopped out, moving to the boot in order to get the swords out.

"Lonnie!" Eva exclaimed, wrapping her arms around the daughter of Mulan.

"I made them bring me."

"I'm so glad," said Mal, taking her turn to hug the warrior's daughter.

Four fluffy paws padded around the back of the limo, surprising the next generation. Eva beamed at the sight of Dude and reached down to scratch the top of his head. A chuckle left her when he let out a loud series of 'ahhhs'.

"I told you to stay." Carlos scolded.

"I flunked obedience class."

The blue-eyed Grimhilde twin thanked Jay when he handed her her sword. She scowled down at the royal emblem imprinted on the hilt, knowing she was certainly going to lose her job when they returned to Auradon. Not only had she brought the King to the Isle of the Lost, she had, quite ironically, lost him.

Strapping the weapon to her side, Eva followed Mal through the large tube and into the brightness of the pier. Attempting to hide her awe, the young Knight tried not to openly stare at the gargantuan ship before her. She had never been this close to it before; she had never been allowed. All she had seen was far-away glimpses. Time and tide had stripped the paint from the exterior and some of the boards were beginning to rot but, she could still see how magnificent it was. No wonder Uma had coveted and claimed it.

"Hey, guys! They're here!" A distant voice called, coming from the ship.

Closing ranks, the VKs cautiously approached the Jolly Roger. Rowdy jeers came from the pirates as they spotted the VKs.

"Welcome!" Uma cackled, turning to ensure her pirates were hanging on her every word.

As Mal and Uma exchanged biting threats, Eva tried her hardest to avoid looking at the pirate with a tight grip on King Ben. Ben's hands were bound behind back and roped tied his ankles together. A fearful expression painted his face. Yeah, I'm definitely losing my job for this, she thought.

Assigned to guard duty, Harry stood behind the King with a gleeful expression on his face. They were so close to getting everything they wanted. Seeing the pirate on his father's ship for the first time, Eva pondered how he so easily stepped aside, allowing someone else to act as Captain on a ship that was rightfully his.

Having finished their verbal battle, Uma and Mal stared at each other heatedly. The VKs spread out behind Mal and the pirates watched eagerly from the deck of the ship. The two leaders stood alone on the bridge. Held aloft, Mal brandished the wand in front of Uma's face.

"Hold up," announced Uma. "Too easy. Why don't you give it a test drive? We want to see it work."

Glancing between the two pairs on either side of her, Eva watched as her friend's prepared for the worst. Jay and Lonnie took a step back, edging closer to the barrel containing their hidden swords. Carlos and Evie exchanged an uneasy look. Their hands slid into their pockets, grasping a smoke bomb.

A small smirk twisted Eva's lips when she noticed the small canine padding its way across one of the platforms. Leaning over, she whispered in Carlos' ear as Mal turned to look at them in a panic. Subtly, the freckled boy jerked his head in Dude's direction, hoping Mal would catch on to what he was trying to convey.

"Oh, and nothing too big, or else Ben is fish bait."

Eva's eyes found their way towards her king (and definitely not the man behind him). Harry pushed him further towards the edge, making Ben's body lean closer towards the sea. All that prevented him for tumbling into the dark waters below was Harry's tight grip on the back of his blue jacket. Scanning the crowd, Harry pretended as if he wasn't trying to catch a brief look at Eva. He flinched involuntarily when he found she was already glaring at him. Accidentally, his grip loosened on the King slightly, causing Ben to panic when he tilted too far towards the sea.

"Although it seems absurd, turn your bark into a word!" Mal waved the wand with a flourish, narrowing her eyes when Dude just sat there blinking at her. Uma glanced at her dubiously. "Talk, dog."

"Does this vest make me look fat?"

The pirates broke out into victorious laughter and cheers. Their Captain had come through for them.

"Give me the wand!" Uma barked, holding her hand out for it.

"Give me Ben!"

Following his Captain's orders, Harry dragged the royal from the plank and through the crowd of jeering pirates. When he reached the two hot-headed VKs, he gave Ben a heavy shove, watching as he landed hard on his knees beside Uma. Holding her hand out once more, Uma looked at the purple-haired girl expectantly. Mal didn't move an inch, her hand merely hovered in the air for Ben.

"Cut him loose, Harry."

Harry sighed, "I never get to have any fun." He pulled his sword from its sheath, slicing through the rope bounding his hands and feet.

Ben's hand shot out and gripped Mal's arm. Uma's hand wrapped around the wand. In one swift movement, Ben was by Mal's side and the wand was tight in Uma's grasp. Despite his reluctance to leave the wand in Uma's possession, Ben allowed Mal to shove him backwards, away from the pirates. Uma disappeared in their midst. Turning on her heel, Eva moved towards the royal couple in order to protect Ben until they reached the limo.

"By the power of the sea, tear it down and set it free!"

Eyes to the sky, the pirates waited eagerly for the barrier to disappear before them. Nothing happened. Wrapping her hand around Ben's bicep, Eva tried to tug the curious man up the wooden steps and towards freedom.

"No! You do not get to win every time!"

Jay kicked over the barrel of swords, reaching for one as Evie rushed over to him. Carlos pulled his slingshot out when Uma ordered her crew to attack the VKs. She was not letting them leave with the King. Moving towards the ropes and the bridge, the pirates stumbled as blue smoked filled the air. And that was when the violence started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 4.9K 15
You are (y/n) beast, daughter of King Adam and Queen Belle, twin sister of Prince Ben. You and your brother invited four vks over to Auradon Prep. Wh...
53.4K 710 18
Descendants: Ben made a proclamation and has five villains come to the Auradon. Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Jay, son of Jafar, Evie, daughter of the...
3.6K 68 7
Y/n is the adopted daughter of Belle and Beast, but they don't know that her and Ben know that. With the struggle of have powers and not being able t...
6.8K 69 14
When 5 villain kids get sent to auradon only for there parent a to have them steal fairy godmothers wand and what happened when 2 villains fall in lo...