Goals Off Court | SatoSere

amourology_ által

When the top basketball player Ash Ketchum and his team damage the school property by mistake, he's the one w... Több

Aesthetics.
Chapter 1 - Probation
Chapter 2 - Coincidental Meeting
Chapter 3 - First Lesson
Chapter 4 - Far From Done
Chapter 5 - Only Time Could Tell
Chapter 6 - Progress
Chapter 7 - Challenge
Chapter 8 - Denial
Chapter 9 - Proving Himself
Chapter 10 - Distant Thoughts
Chapter 11 - Heated Dance
Chapter 12 - Farther Than Closer
Chapter 13 - All It Takes
Chapter 14 - Paired Lesson
Chapter 15 - Conflicted Feelings
Chapter 16 - Game Of Denial
Chapter 17 - Mesmerizing Sight
Chapter 19 - Forbidden Desires
Chapter 20 - Temptation
Chapter 21 - Honesty
Chapter 22 - Final Lesson
Chapter 23 - One Text Away
Chapter 24 - Apologetic Mind
Chapter 25 - Lost Chance
Chapter 26 - Starting From Zero
Chapter 27 - Closer Than Strangers
Chapter 28 - Kept Promise
Chapter 29 - Into Uncertainty
Chapter 30 - Deeper Meaning
Chapter 31 - Back On The Floor
Chapter 32 - Inevitable Feeling
Chapter 33 - Light Up My World
Chapter 34 - Not So Friendly Fire
Chapter 35 - Connection At Home
Chapter 36 - Out Of Our Control
Chapter 37 - Struggling Feelings
Chapter 38 - Ballroom Tension
Chapter 39 - Drunken Intimacy
Chapter 40 - Departing Together
Chapter 41 - Advice Night
Chapter 42 - Kissable Tango
Chapter 43 - Complex Love
Chapter 44 - Extra Lessons
Chapter 45 - Unexpected Growth
Chapter 46 - Distraction Injury
Chapter 47 - Tasteful Gift
Chapter 48 - Dinner With Friends
Chapter 49 - The Invitational Practice
Chapter 50 - The Decision
Chapter 51 - Dancing In The Sheets (18+)
Chapter 52 - Healing & Improvement
Chapter 53 - Music On The Piano (18+)
Chapter 54 - Dreams To Reach
Chapter 55 - Conflicting Goals
Chapter 56 - Secrets Unfold
Chapter 57 - Two Opportunities
Chapter 58 - Deeper Feelings
Chapter 59 - Win & Arrive
Chapter 60 - Goals Off Court
Acknowledgement

Chapter 18 - Only You

213 14 3
amourology_ által

Serena really couldn't believe her eyes.

Then again, maybe it had been a trick? It was hard to see things from the stage sometimes and she already had shook the assumption from her head. She needed to focus on performing, not if she really had seen Ash in the audience.

She didn't know how he would know about this anyway. She never had the chance to invite him since he stormed out of the studio after his argument with Drew during their last lesson. Even so, she wasn't even sure if she wanted to tell him. This wasn't his scene.

So why was he possibly here?

When the last dancer finished, she made her way to one of the mirrors, checking her makeup. She looked more intense than normal wearing stage makeup, her cheeks rosy, and her eyelashes long and curled. She didn't know why she felt so nervous to go out there. Putting on her jacket and scarf, she grabbed her duffel bag and made her way outside. She was greeted by the smiling faces of Dawn, May, and Misty.

"Serena!" Dawn says, practically tackling her into a hug, laughing and clearly overjoyed. "Girl, you were amazing. No surprise actually."

Clemont and Drew all stood behind the girls, smiling at her as well. Serena always felt so loved around her friends. She really had the best support system.

May handed her flowers. "These are from all of us."

"I appreciate this, really." She smiled, taking the bouquet. "You didn't have to do this, it isn't a special performance or anything! My mom couldn't even make it."

Her mom was a famous horse rider. Something had popped up in between the dates of what she had to go to for an important race. That didn't stop her from giving her daughter a call full of her support and telling her what she had always told her since she was a little girl. Their signature words of motivation.

Go for broke.

"We wanted to." May smiled, a warm sight. "You work so hard and you deserve it! You looked incredible tonight."

Drew's words were accompanied by a smile. "A stunning performance."

"An excellent performance!" Clemont lifted his hand to his glasses, pushing them from being crooked, his attention going back to Serena when done. "One of my favorites!"

"I was speechless," Misty spoke up, nodding her head. She gently punched Serena's shoulder in a playful manner. "It was impossible to take our eyes off of you."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." She blushed, looking at all of her friends—her gaze softening. She pressed her nose to some of the flowers. "These are really beautiful."

"Hey, I'm not sure if you want to see him, but..." May's eyes darted to looking around, awake and aware. She looked not so sure about something—Serena already knew the words before they came out. "Ash is here too."

"Is... he?" She felt her cheeks heat up. Swallowing, she glanced around. almost wishing she hadn't.

She didn't fail to see him, standing close to the wall, arms folded. The spikey, brown haired boy next to him seemed to be cheerily talking, but Ash didn't appear to be responding. She exhaled, watching him. May didn't seem to be joking that time and that was an insignificant price to pay compared to the real mortification Serena would feel if anyone else ever found out what she was feeling at the moment.

"Him and his roommate, Gary, are both here," Misty said, causing Serena's jaw to tense, her swallow being small and instantaneous, and even though a lot went on her in head, those words had priority over all others. "Hell, I was surprised."

"Indeed." Drew pointed to the light, and then looked at the entrance everyone comes through at. "I'm surprised he didn't make a ruckus and storm off to who knows where."

"He's not that bad," Clemont tried to defend him. Serena watched attentively when his eyes scurried away, and his adam's apple went up and down as he swallowed. He laughed awkwardly, the same kind he always did when he got nervous, all the while seeming to consider how to answer. "It depends on the atmosphere and the people around him."

It was pretty spot on.

"I should—" Serena tucked her hair behind her ear, breathing in slowly. She was still shaking, adrenaline continuing to pump through her veins, and it wouldn't stop. "—Maybe go say hi?"

"Who are we to say no?" She got a titter from Dawn as a reply, and a set of excited, short-lasting hand claps. "Of course! Seems like he came here for you."

"She's not wrong." Drew shrugged, signaling with his thumb by pointing back to where Ash was alone talking with his roommate. "He doesn't know anyone else."

"Okay," Serena breathed, letting the air fill her lungs, trying to seem more confident. "I'll catch up with you guys in a bit and again, thank you for the flowers."

She watched as Dawn's eyes widened softly, and a smirk yanked on her lips. Dawn spoke under her breath—something about her prayers finally being answered. Suddenly, she winked, nudging Serena's shoulder gently.

"No need to worry," she tells her, her bubbly personality speaking volumes. "Good luck!"

"Right. Thank you." She waved slowly and swallowed air, gathering the courage to get her legs to walk towards the boy.

She took a deep breath, clutching the flowers to her chest as she attempted to predict what he would say. Ash was pretty unruly and often surprised her; it was next to impossible to tell what he would do.

Stopping directly in front of him, along with the other boy who accompanied him, she smiled. "Hey, I'd like to thank you for coming."

"No problem." Gary said smoothly, nudging Ash. The side of his lip bucked up, and his profile pointed sideways at Ash. "I'll catch up with you back at the room." He grinned back at her, beginning to move away from the two. "You were great, Serena!"

"Oh? Thank you," she said nervously. He was leaving her alone with Ash. Did he want to talk to her alone? Why was the question that she wouldn't seem to put together. She started to glance around, not knowing where to begin. "I'm surprised you-"

"Why didn't you tell me about this, Serena?" He questioned, his eyebrows formed downwards as his face turned into a frown.

She gasped, confused—if not possible—more than she already was. Her throat had shut so tight, her voice practically didn't come out right when she spoke. "What?"

"Why didn't you tell me you had a performance?" He repeated, immediately—impatiently. "I heard about it from Clemont. Even my roommate, Gary."

Serena took a moment to process everything. Had he come to just yell at her for not telling him about this? He was impossible at times. "When was I supposed to tell you? You didn't give me a chance," she snapped back. "You went out the studio after arguing with Drew."

Ash exhaled, something tugging in the corner of his mouth. He kept staring at her for another second before responding. "He was being an ass and managed to ruin our lesson at the same time."

She blinked, looking at him incredulously. For gods sake, it was exhausting. Was he mad their time together felt ruined? Or—

"If that's the case, fine, I'm sorry," She glanced at him and then away. She eyed her flowers, him, and then nothing at all. She clutched the boutique to her chest. "For wanting him to help you."

"How was he going to help me? You're my teacher. I want you to be the one teaching me. Not that guy."

Why was he so bothered about this? Serena stared in confusion. He just wanted her to teach him? She cursed herself that she felt her heart flutter at the thought. Why did she care so much? He was such a difficult guy who only came to her performance to start something. It was so hard to understand his weird roundabout way of being honest.

"I don't see the point of you coming at all if we were just going to go back and forth." She made her side clear, but not before letting out one quiet, annoyed huff. "Fine. I get it. I won't bring anyone else to our lessons. We only have a week left. Are you satisfied now?"

She finished letting it out, and turned on her heel to return to her friends. It wasn't long until she felt his hand grab at her hers and she froze. She turned around, looking into his brown eyes that somehow made her feel what she didn't what to feel. She caught the sigh he made that left his system.

Ash paused to breathe, considering what to say. His thumb moved to rub over her knuckles. "No, Serena. Look— I'm sorry."

She bit her lip, her hand grasping his gently. No matter what anger she felt towards him, what she genuinely feels for him was like a light melody she would effortlessly allow herself to dance towards. A part of her wished it would last a little longer.

"What is it that you want from me, Ash?" She asked softly, her eyes flicking to his hand that held hers which was released quicker than she wanted. Serena didn't keep herself from looking down at it, a sad twinge in her heart watching him let go. There wasn't any time to mourn its absence or conceive a course of action to remedy it.

"I don't know." He put his hands in his pockets, struggling to form his wishes. "I want you to be the one to teach me. I want you to tell me if you got things like this going on, so I can be more prepared. It irritates me that I don't even have some more flowers to give you or what people give when they're done with this kind of stuff."

The first time Serena ever saw Ash, he was full of multiple wonders one would be interested to know. Although, for her there was suspicion and concern, and a strong sense of self-preservation warning her to keep her distance. After every goodbye, whatever questions or reservations she had about him had long since taken a backseat to all the rest. She was simply too interested in everything about him to busy herself with that.

Now Ash stood in front of her, once fighting whatever his truths were, to letting it out in his own way. His gaze was already fastened on her face, but his frustrated expressed was short-lived. Serena observed as a concealed surprised expression consumed his features and he tipped her way, closer, close enough to make her want to back away from him.

She had to, but she didn't—couldn't.

"So you're upset because you don't have more flowers to give me?" She asked him, her cheeks flushing again. He wanted to see her. He came to her performance, specifically to see her.

"No—" It was a clear lie interrupted by her giggle.

Serena bit her lip. "Okay. Next time, I'll be sure to tell you. I didn't think this sort of thing would be something you would be interested in."

"'Course it isn't."

"Then why did you come?" She asked, puzzled once again. He was talking in circles.

After a moment, he decided to be frank, and a beat didn't pass before he sighed as well. "Because you're interested in it. You were performing."

"So you came to see me?" Ash had looked away. She watched him and measured all the tiny muscles moving his features, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah—" And just like that, he backed away, slow and steady. His face was neutral again, and when he looked down at her dress his eyes were already lazy and calm and vacant of any emotion. The edge never left them, however, and when he didn't look away, she felt like he could see through her. He then added,"—to talk about how you didn't invite me."

Serena smiled because yes, Ash was confusing—that much was certain, but the way he was at times was also endearing.

Before she could stop herself, she reached forward and wrapped her fingers around his wrist. "Come with me."

His eyes went to his wrist held by her hand. Serena counted three seconds before he spoke again, but his eyes didn't look for her yet. "Where are we going?"

She tugged gently on his wrist. "I'll show you."

Admittedly, Serena was a little surprised when Ash followed her without question. She led him out of the building and down the stairs, walking away from the main buildings on campus.

Tentatively, she slid her hand lower, her fingers gently dancing over his. Ash didn't fail to notice it, wrapping his fingers about hers—secure and safe. "If you wanted to hold my hand, Serena, go ahead."

She blushed without replying, keeping the bouquet clutched to her chest. She led him down towards the dance building, but they continued beyond it. There was a small field where many students enjoyed hanging out during the warmer months, but right now, on a chilly fall night, it was completely deserted. On the other end, there was a tiny gazebo which overlooked a small pond.

"Serena, where are we going?" He asked, and saw him gaze towards the dance building. Maybe he was surprised she walked past it.

"We're going to my favorite place on campus," she told him, tugging his hand to move him towards the pond faster.

"Hey— hold on—" He stumbled after her, but he didn't complain, nor did he fight against where she seemed to be leading them.

Serena couldn't quite discern what led her to do this, but she couldn't stop. The cold air tickled her nose, but she pulled him around the edge of the pond, stopping at the gazebo. She placed her bag and flowers on one of the small benches, and turned towards him, letting go of his hand.

"Here we are." She smiled, twirling around in front of the railing, moving over to lean over it. "It's so beautiful here, especially at night. You can see most of the campus and not a lot of people want to walk all the way down here, so it's usually quiet. Sometimes I come here to choreograph, or just dance on my own."

She bit her lip and glanced towards him to see his reaction. He looked confused, his brown eyes looking her up and down. Actually he looked cute, staring at her quietly, unsure of what to say.

"What? Is it weird?"

He approached her, his voice suddenly huskier than she remembered, but it was nothing short of a mutter, the only thing she could hear. "No, it's... quite peaceful."

She opened her mouth to say something, but pulled back and curtsied to him. "Ash Ketchum, will you dance with me?" She asked, holding her hand out.

He shoved his hands indignantly into his pocket. His adam's apple rose and plummeted when he swallowed, right before he cleared his throat, seemingly uncomfortable. "We don't have any music."

"You should know you don't need music to dance. We don't always use music during our lessons." She reached forward and wrapped her hands around his arm. "Please?"

Slowly, he removed his hands from his pockets and wrapped one around hers, the other sliding around her back. He clicked his tongue, not being able to deny her. "Yes, ma'am."

Serena squeezed his hand as she placed her other on his shoulder. It was far more casual than the dancing they did together during the lessons. She swayed with him, moving about the gazebo, and she inched closer, gently resting her head on his shoulder. It was far more romantic than she initially intended, but he didn't pull away or move. Even though her heart pounded against her chest, she stayed that way, letting the cool breeze blow through her hair.

She wasn't certain how long they swayed back and forth, but she couldn't stop.

"I like dancing with you, Ash." Her voice was low and mousy, too hesitant to rise any higher. She did manage to look at him while she spoke, though, afraid the frantic beat of her heart might drown out his answer.

He hummed and glanced out over the pond, taking a moment to choose his words. "If it's with you, I don't hate it."

Her breath hitched and she leaned back to get a better view of him. Her smirk was soft and tame, and could be heard in her voice. "Did you just admit to enjoying dancing with me?"

"No," he quickly denied and pulled his hand away. "I just said I don't hate it. There's a difference."

She pushed the air out of her lungs quickly, bold enough to keep her sights locked on him as she laughed. So he did like it. She was slowly beginning to understand him. Ignoring his comments, she moved forward and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Did you ever dance with anyone in middle school or high school?"

"Once and never again." He snorted, a chuckle slipping from his mouth. "During the middle school dance. Clearly I didn't know how to dance. Kept stepping on the girl's shoes and we bumped heads."

Serena laughed gently, unable to do anything about the constant wave of honesty that kept her talking. "That sounds adorable."

"It was embarrassing."

"It was anything but that."

Ash shifted, leaning forward and turning to look at her. Serena held her air in when their noses almost brushed together. "You're not giving up, are you?"

He hovered over her for a second, scrutinizing her face with intentional and razor-sharp eyes. Before she could reply, he tightened his hold on her, and pressed his lips against hers, pulling back once contact was made.

Serena gasped as her eyes widened, and she pulled back with her hand covering her mouth. Her heart thundered furiously, demanding all the space within her, but it wasn't anxiety or fear spurring it forward so madly—it was excitement.

"Did you just—?" Her breathing was faster, anxious. She didn't hazard looking away and hoped he wouldn't either.

"Had to get you to give up somehow." His laughter was all she heard and his chest still trembled with the remnants of it. The sound didn't get her to not see the red tint on his cheeks. "I guess that means I win?"

Serena inhaled slowly, a fruitless attempt to get herself in check. Her pulse was frantic and harsh, stumbling all over her chest, and short icy waves pumped from the pit of her stomach to all of her limbs, building up in her throat.

How close he was. Too close for her not to take at least a little advantage of it.

Her hand went up with a mind of its own, finding Ash's face again. She barely whisked it under his jaw, to the back of his neck, playing with his short hairs. It was soft and it scarcely offered any resistance to her explorations. Serena let her nails skim over with the same care a dragonfly touches water.

Ash pressed the action. He searched for her hand with his face, intentionally bringing it against her, looking for more of it, all of it. His gaze never left her eyes, lazy and forgiving and doing its best to tell her it was alright.

Go ahead.

She broadened her touch and held his face, reining herself back so as to not apply too much pressure, too nervous to be so daring. Her thumb brushed over his Z marked cheeks and her index finger pushed a few falling hairs away from his eyes—something she imagined herself doing a few times now. Serena skated her fingertips up around his brow and down his nose, fine and aristocratic, and skipped all the way to his chin. The one thought in her mind was how truly handsome he was.

Serena's eyes darted to Ash's lips and she glanced up towards his eyes. She slowly slid her hands over his shoulders as she pressed close to him. His breathing peaked and sank without haste, and right then he was sure she could actually hear it. She was all that he saw, all that he heard, and even her scent was the only thing he cared to breathe, sweet and fresh.

Her voice was a shadow meant only for him.

"If you wanted to kiss me, Ash, go ahead."

His face heated up, frozen momentarily as he looked completely surprised by her using his words from before. He broke from his trance and gently grabbed her cheeks, pulling their lips together. She sighed, soon falling against him, her body desperate for more. She had thought about this for so long—what it would feel like with him and now the two of them stood, the cool wind brushing around them as they kissed under the gazebo.

Serena's arms wrapped around his neck and he tugged on her lower lip, nipping at her. He was surprisingly good at kissing. She expected more aggression, and yet he was slower, genuinely tasting—savoring all of her. His hands moved from her cheeks to her waist, pulling her flush against him.

She breathed, shivering against him. "Ash—"

He guided her to the railing, pushing her gently against it as he kissed her again. Tenderly. Swiping his tongue against her lips, she invited him inside, pressing her hips up towards him. She buried her hand in his black hair—made a home there, clinging to him as their tongues danced together. Her stomach turned, a small moan slipping out against her will.

As cold as it was, Serena felt warm against him. If they stayed by the pond all night, she certainly wouldn't have complained.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

81.3K 2K 21
Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depressing world changes when he receives an...
175K 4.9K 31
•~•~•~•An Amourshipping Fanfic•~•~•~• •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~• Serena Yvonne is a regular teenage girl at the age of 13 who just sta...
65.8K 1.3K 28
Serena Yvonne is a strong and hardcore 16-year-old girl. She's the crush of every boys' heart, but all of their attempts are failed. Many people thin...
782 61 13
❝ wow, it's such an unpleasant suprise. ❞ ❝ sure is, ❞ _________________________________________ in which ash and ser...