Falling in love

By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya Advani Smart. Pretty. Kind. Having a personality of sunshine... More

00 | AUTHOR'S NOTE
00 | CHARACTER AESTHETICS
00 | ♫ PLAYLIST ♫
01 | NEW BEGINNING
02 | MISANTHROPY
04 | CLIQUE
05 | MOVIE
06 | FOE
07 | FAMILY
08 | VICTORY
09 | BIPOLAR
10 | JEALOUSY
11 | OVERBEARING
12 | VODKA
13 | THREE TOED SLOTH
14 | BEAST
15 | TICKET TO HELL
16 | DUMB CHARADES
17 | CAPRICIOUS
18 | PERSUASION
19 | BARGAINING SKILLS
20 | CHANGE
21 | SIN
22 | TOSKA
23 | DANCE PARTNERS
24 | DESIRE
25 | HALCYON
26 | REUNION
27 | STAR OF THE NIGHT
28 | FAREWELL
29 | BIRTHDAY TRADITION
30 | PROGRESS
31 | FELICITY
32 | SOLACE
33 | DENIAL
34 | TRYST
35 | LA LA LAND
36 | CAT OUT OF THE BAG
37 | EPIPHANY
38 | SEMINAR
39 | THE BOOK
40 | DAWN
ANNOUNCEMENT
41 | PLAN
42 | FIXATED
43 | THE CONFESSION
44 | FOR ME
EPILOGUE
New book alertt!!

03 | DINNER

5K 294 26
By alwaysbusyimagining

Aadhya's POV

I'm startled as the door to my room opens abruptly, and the pencil in my hand flies behind me. I gasp loudly uttering "shit", glancing towards the door to find Anaya standing next to it, clutching the doorknob with a wide-eyed expressions. 

"Sorry" she apologizes even though she is not apologetic, and then begins giggling at me. I sneer at her whilst taking a deep breath to calm myself down. 

Suddenly she stops giggling and seems to be annoyed. While applying moisturizer on her hands, she walks in settling on my bed and asks me "When did you come back? the least you could do is inform me when you're back." 

I turn around getting up from my study desk and walk over sitting on my bed and reply "Well dummy, I didn't inform you because when I came you were too invested in your bubble bath. Then I was speaking to Ahaan bhai."  

"Oh" she gives me a sheepish grin, raising her eyebrows in realization

Sometimes Anaya reminds me of my mother, which is both quite aggravating and kind of endearing.  For instance she expects me to send her my live location when I go out alone which is absurd considering my own mother doesn't demand me of it.  

That is when I remember the ugly argument I had earlier this evening "You won't believe what happened today. It was undoubtedly the worst day ever" 

"Oh shit what happened?" she asked with a frown on her face.

""Up until I saw this man on my way home from class, everything was good. All of my things from my hand tumbled onto the ground as I ran into him, so I knelt down to pick them up and he did the same to collect his stuff. I then apologised, but as soon as he started speaking, I saw what a jerk he really is. I had no idea how impolite he behaved." I rant endlessly to her in a single breath. 

Taking a deep breath, I continue "He was really disrespectful, I politely said sorry but he was like 'next time look where you are going'. I promptly dumped the remaining coffee on him out of rage. You should have seen him, his face was hilarious." 

Of course I avoided the part where I was drooling over him and how attractive he was.

Hey, I'm not denying the efforts and love with which god made his panty dropping hotness. But I can't find the person I despise hot. That's the rule so its best off to not mention how hot and sexy he is. 

Plus she will never let me live peacefully if I mention it. 

"You seriously poured the coffee on him?" she asked in disbelief with her mouth agape and brows furrowed.

"Close your mouth otherwise flies will enter your mouth and to answer your question yes. I did" I defeatedly say. 

"It was perhaps a tad bit excessive, don't you think?" she slowly asked me, chewing her lips. 

I snap "Don't you think I know that already, but he was being a insolent jerk. Otherwise, I would have never done it. Plus you are aware of my tendency at being impulsive sometimes." Tilting her head, she hums in response agreeing with me. 

I turned towards Anaya and she looks rather amused by my little rant. Squinting my eyes, I ask her "what? are you finding this funny?"

She responds with a grin"Nah, just wondering if trouble follows you or you follow trouble?" 

"God I hate you" With one hand I take a cushion and throw it on her face and I jump on her and start ticking her stomach. She squirms and begs me to stop while giggling uncontrollably, rolling on the bed trying to make me stop "Aadhya stop. God pl-please stop stop" 

"Let's hope that you never meet that asshole." she says trying to catch her breath once I stop tickling her. 

Content with her response, I sit back comfortably on my bed under the duvet when my phone screen lights up with a notification. I open it to see that the message is from Aditi.

Aditi: heyy! any plans for today?

Me: yoo! no plans, why what's up?

Aditi: well, I was wondering if you and Anaya would want to meet my friends in the evening for dinner or something?

I mentally weep at the thought of meeting new people.

I ask her, thinking she will decline, only for my hopes to be shattered later on. "Aditi just messaged asking if we wanted to meet her friends," 

 "oh that would be lovely. Tell her we're down for it" she beams with excitement

"Noo I want to stay at home in my comfortable pajamas and read" I whine.

"stop acting like a 5 year old. We haven't gone out since we came here. I think we should make new friends and go out and have fun" she scolds me.

Didn't I tell you she was my 'mother'. I pout "but reading books is fun as well and-"

she interrupts me "oh please your definition of fun is way different than most normal people. I'm not listening to another word. Move your ass and let's go out and have fun like actual fun."

Is there anything in life that would go according to me? Nope

I dejectedly reply to Anvi that we're down for tonight to which she instantly replies.

Me: yeah we're down for tonight

Aditi: awesome! 7pm @ Layla

Me: Cool see you soon

Aditi: super excited for you guys to meet up

I like her message and leave the chat.

***

After a few hours, I glance in the mirror and look at my clothes while I brush my hair. I'm dressed in a black cropped shirt with full sleeves and a collar that I wore with a pair of ripped denim and Nike Air Force sneakers. It was plain and simple just the way I like it. I accessorized my look with a few rings.  

"Ready?" I look over at my best friend standing near the door. She has opted for black bodycon short dress with a denim jacket, accessorizing it with a multi layered chain and a few rings. 

"Almost" I say as I apply some lip gloss. I grab my shoulder bag walking towards her and wrap a arm around her shoulder before complimenting her "you look hot babe".  She flips her hair back, giving me a little twirl in response. I look at her in amusement as we walk out of the apartment and get into our cab.

***t

"Heyy you guys look gorgeous" Aditi compliments us and continues "the boys aren't here yet and the table I have booked is on the rooftop. We can get up through the elevator" 

I respond with a kind smile and nod in agreement with what she has said before heading into the lift. We engaged in some light conversation about the classes and she filled us a little about her friends, but soon we were interrupted by a 'ping' noise of the elevator opening. 

The cold breeze immediately wraps my body as I exit the elevator. I walk forward and my breath hitches at the spectacular sight I have ever come across - the city skyline. I suppose there is something good I get from this dinner. I move up to the glass railings to take admire the the vista for some more time, while taking my phone out to take pictures.

I'm pulled out of my daze by a thud sound so I look over my shoulder to find a guy walking across me. I turn to the other side and I notice a car key on the ground. I bend down to pick it up as I call the guy "excuse me I believe you dropped your car keys-" I pause mid sentence after recognizing who it is.

No no no it can NOT be him!

My new found enemy was here out of all places in Bangalore in front of me wearing a white shirt with a few buttons left open that hugged his muscles while showing off a bit of his toned chest, paired with denim ripped jeans and sneakers.

At least he has some good fashion sense.

Right, that's the only good thing about him: my inner voice made an appearance. Oh shut up

I pushed myself to look elsewhere from him rather than gawk at him. My attention rested on two men who were standing close to him, who, it ought to be remarked, are also attractive. Albeit not as good as the mystery one.

"What the hell are you doing here?" We both exclaimed simultaneously.

Author's Note:

Hey All, Thank you so much for reading!

Do Comment your views about the chapter and don't forget to vote! 

Before that a quick question, any fans of Tvd or Originals? If yes who is your favorite? 

Mine for sure Klaus Mikaelson and Damon Salvatore

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 7.3K 64
"I love you too . I love you more then anything. I don't know how you become my life and now I can't live without you" vihan said and katha looked a...
131K 7.6K 49
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
1.5M 51.9K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...
69.4K 3.7K 21
~ Abhimanyu Raghuvanshi The most handsome eligible bachelor of India , who looks are of a Greek god , who is cold , arrogant, straight forward, have...