The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Soundproof

2.7K 143 55
By rileysmiley139

— Chapter 34 —

Felix wakes up at the sound of a door opening, and looks over to see who came in. The bedroom door is closed, but the bathroom door is open while Hyunjin walks out of it.

He has a pair of sweats on, and that's it. Felix smiles when they make eye contact, and Hyunjin immediately crawls back onto the bed. He crawls over and lays on top of Felix's stomach, looking at him fondly.

"Goodmorning, you." Felix says, bringing his hands up to play with Hyunjin's long dark hair. It's still a bit damp from the shower they took together last night before they fell asleep, but that's tolerable.

"Goodmorning baby." Hyunjin says, leaning into the touch. "How did you sleep?"

"Really good, actually." Felix chuckles.

Hyunjin smiles at him. "That's good." He says. "Do you know what time it is?"

"No?" Felix says. "It is really late?"

"It's almost four in the afternoon." Hyunjin says with a smile. "Everyone else is already preparing dinner, they even went out to go grocery shopping earlier." He says, teasing Felix.

Felix's eyebrows raise. "Seriously?"

Hyunjin stays quiet for a few seconds, before he starts to laugh. "No, I'm just joking. They did go shopping, but it is only eleven." Hyunjin says. "But they are waiting for you to wake up."

"Then I should get ready, huh?" Felix raises a brow.

Hyunjin groans, moving closer to Felix. "What if we just stay like this for today?" He says. "You are so comfortable, they can wait."

"And you're heavy," Felix whines. "So get off."

Hyunjin look at him with disbelief. Felix starts to smile. "Just kidding." He says mockingly.

"You're unbelievable." Hyunjin huffs, rolling off of Felix.

Felix chuckles. "Hey–" he grabs his arm, trying to pull him back, however, Hyunjin just rolls farther away. "Don't be a baby." Felix rolls his eyes, letting go of Hyunjin's arm.

"I'm not." Hyunjin says as he sits up, walking towards the door. When he reaches the bedroom door, he turns back to Felix for a quick second. "Hurry up and get ready then. Jisung has been pacing the floors while waiting for you."

Felix turns his head to Hyunjin, a curious look in his eye. "Why? Did I do something to upset him?" He ask, a little bit scared because Jisung has a tendency to hold grudges.

Hyunjin looks him up and down. "Well if you could get up faster, maybe you would know." He says, before turning back to the door and leaving the room.

"Don't even–" Hyunjin shuts the door before Felix can't even finish the sentence. That asshole.

Felix comes tromping down the stairs, not at all in a good mood. He is dressed more appropriately now, his jeans and hoodie being more presentable than his no-clothes look. He also washed his face and styled his hair, just basic things he does everyday.

He walks into the kitchen, where Nabi and Hyunjin are doing schoolwork, but turns away before he is noticed by the pair. He is upset at Hyunjin for how he acted before, so he wants to make a point by ignoring him.

He walks into the living room now, being met with Jisung. Jisung smiles when he sees Felix walk in, motioning him to come sit on the couch with him.

"There you are." Jisung smiles, and Felix does too after sitting down comfortably on the couch. "I was starting to get worried, you never ever sleep this late."

Felix smiles at him, trying to avoid the question and conversion of why he slept so late. "Where are the others?" He asks, looking around.

"Chan and Minho just left before you came down, they went to go check up on everything at the station." Jisung says, then motions up. "And Seungmin is still asleep somewhere, probably hungover."

Felix laughs. "He's.. something." He shakes his head. "And you'd think for two guys who are supposed to be on lockdown, Minho and Chan, they wouldn't go out so much?" He leans his head on the couch.

"Well it's kinda hard to be on lockdown when you're supposed to be solving the case that is making you go on lockdown." Jisung laughs. "Poor Chan, the guy can't catch a break."

"I guess you're right." Felix says. "Poor Chan."

"Yeah and poor you." Jisung says, cringing for a second. "I could hear you last night, eesh." He says.

Felix freezes, turning his head to look and Jisung slowly. Jisung smiles when he sees Felix's reaction. "Got you." He says playfully. "You can't even hide something like that when you were practically screaming."

"This is embarrassing." Felix groans, falling back onto the couch.

"What's more embarrassing is the fact we can see the hickies on your neck, yet you still act like nothing happened." Jisung chuckles. "I mean come on, you know better." He slaps Felix's leg.

"You wanna know don't you?" Felix says into a pillow, not even looking at Jisung.

"Not about the sex part, god no." Jisung shakes his head. "But I want to know what's going on between you guys emotionally, since we haven't spoken like this in a long while." Jisung says, a bit of sadness laced in his words.

It is truly sad that their lives have gone so wrong to the point they don't even have time to talk. A few weeks ago, they were incredibly happy spending most of their time together— with their mediocre lives, mediocre job, mediocre everything.

"I know." Felix sighs, sitting up. He looks over to the kitchen, where he catches Hyunjin's eyes. The older has a sly smile on his face. Felix looks back to Jisung, "I don't know if we should talk about it when he is in the other room, however."

Jisung sighs. "He can't even here us."

"You sure?" Felix tilts his head.

"I am, trust me." Jisung says. "I've learned a lot about this house, and one thing is that the downstairs is basically soundproof." He says standing up.

"That's weird." Felix says. "Why isn't the upstairs soundproof then?" He asks.

Jisung smiles at him. "It is."

With those words, he begins to walk away. Felix stand up immediately. "What?" He asks in disbelief. "But you said you could here me and...?"

Jisung turns back to him. "That was a trap, you fell for it. That's totally on you for being so oblivious." He chuckles. "Now I'm going to get a drink before we talk, okay?"

"You little—" Felix goes chasing after him in the kitchen, but the sound of the front door slamming shut stops him, and he looks down the hall leading towards the front room.

Chan enters the house angrily, and Minho follows behind with a few files. Chan walks into the kitchen, looking at everybody. "Everybody, get to the office right now." He says firmly, "There has been another murder."

He walks with heavy steps, going straight to the big office in the other hallway. Felix freezes, looking around at everybody else in the room nervously. Jisung looks back at him and sighs, before he starts to follow after Minho.

Felix looks over to Hyunjin, who has a concerned look on his face. "Should I.."

"Just, stay here". Felix says. "I have to go see what the fuck happened."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 6.4K 38
Wild. Free. Wind. Road. Escape. For fifteen years Sara Gulliver yearned for anything that wasn't home. Her blood itched and her little Honda drove h...
1.4M 39.4K 66
"ᴮᵉᵗʳᵃʸᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ʷᵉˡᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ʰⁱˢ ᵐⁱˢᵗʳᵉˢˢ ᶜᵒᵐᶠᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʳᵏⁿᵉˢˢ, ˢʰᵉ ʳⁱˢᵉˢ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵍʳᵃᵛᵉ ˢᵉᵉᵏⁱⁿᵍ ʳᵉᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ʷʰᵒᵐ ᵇᵉˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉᵈ ʰᵉʳ" •...
49.9K 3.5K 59
📖📖 - ♠This is a sequel to my story 'Mr. Law' ♠This story as well as 'Mr. Law' contains mpreg ♠If you wish to read any of my stories I do have some...
42.9K 760 22
¡!Warning!¡ !¡Cursing!¡ ¡!Smut¡! !¡And other questionable actions that are not suitable for kids!¡