The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Games

2.7K 168 128
By rileysmiley139

— Chapter 32 —

Hyunjin switches off the light, and walks out of the room as quietly as he can. He slowly closes the door, holding the handle so it doesn't click when he closes it. When the door is closed, he lets go of tha handle carefully and begins to walk down the corridor.

As he is making his way down the stairs, he notices Jisung watching him walk down. Jisung tilts his head. "Is she asleep?" He says quietly, the quietest Hyunjin has experienced him be.

Hyunjin nods, and begins to walk away.

"How are you going to here her if she wakes up?" Jisung asks, following Hyunjin. "This house is pretty big, and we couldn't even hear Seungmin when he was 25 feet away."

Hyunjin chuckles. "Well she usually doesn't wake up once she goes to sleep." He looks at Jisung. "But if she does–" he holds up the baby monitor he set up in her new room.

"Ohh." Jisung hums.

Hyunjin smiles.

Today has been a very eventful day. They have all moved into their own rooms— considering this house has almost ten bedrooms. Nabi has gotten her own room as well, so Hyunjin has spent his time baby-proofing it while Nabi decorated it to her liking. That explains why she is going to sleep so early, the moving wore her out.

They also have gotten her signed up for the homeschool program, and she even did a few little welcome classes today. Hyunjin made sure of two things—that she was comfortable, and that he knew who her teacher was.

So after all of that, and dinner— cooked by Hyunjin, Jisung had the idea and asked if they could play a few games tonight to loosen everybody up, and to get to know each other just a bit more.

Hyunjin and Jisung enter the living room, causing everybody to greet them. They are all sitting down comfortably, a few on the floor near the coffee table and a few on the couches.

"You guys got alcohol? How?" Jisung asks, taking the empty seat between Seungmin and Minho.

"We sent chan up to the store." Felix says. "We would have gotten it delivered, but we figured since we are in a house gnash supposed to be a secret, that wouldn't be such a good idea."

"You guys drove that far out just to get alcohol?" Hyunjin asks, chuckling. He takes a seat on the couch next to Felix, who takes the blanket next to them and concerns them both in it. "Even when there is a kid in the house?" Hyunjin asks, making everybody start to feel a bit guilty.

"Loosen up, she's asleep." Seungmin says. "I'm sure she won't ask for a shot."

Everyone starts to laugh, but Hyunjin sighs. "I don't think you get what I'm saying." He mumbles quietly. Felix puts a hand on his thigh under the blanket, giving him a 'it's fine, stop worrying' look. Hyunjin just sighs agin, putting his hand on top of Felix's.

"Okay so." Minho starts, pulling out a box of cars. "I got this little card game for us. You basically just pick a card, read the question on it, and then answer the question." He says. "Very simple, but it helps us know each other better."

"Are they.. appropriate questions?" Chan asks.

Jisung starts to giggle. "Yes, dad, I'm sure they won't ask the color of our panties."

"Oh god." Seungmin says, while everyone else is giggling a little bit.

Felix looks over to Hyunjin to see his smile, and puts the hand he pulled away a few seconds ago back on his thigh. Hyunjin looks at him, and then down to his hand. Felix looks away, but slowly starts to move his hand back and forth lightly, grazing Hyunjin's leg— causing his breath to hitch.

"Whatever." Minho says, bringing Hyunjin back to reality. "Who would like to go first?"

Everyone looks around, so Felix just fesses up. "I'll go," he says, reaching out to grab a card. His thigh rubs against Hyunjin's, and the hand on his thigh also moves. Hyunjin bites his lip, considering this is definitely not the time for this.

Felix sits back normally, however he lifts his legs and sits criss-cross. He reads the card. "What is my occupation?" He says disappointed. He lowers the card, and makes a face. "Well that's disappointing."

"Okay wait," Chan starts. "How about we all answer the question instead of just one person?" He asks.

"Well we all know everybody's job, but nobody knows Hyunjin's, so how about he just answers and we move on?" Minho says.

Everyone looks to Hyunjin, who is zoned out. Felix taps his thigh, causing him to come back. He raises his brows at the sudden attention. "Me? Oh uh.. I am a business man."

"That's boring." Seungmin says. "I expected you would be something more interesting."

Hyunjin tilts his head. "Okay then.."

"Wait how old are you?" Jisung asks. "I mean, a business man.. and a daughter? How old are you?"

"Twenty nine." Hyunjin says. "I turn thirty this year, in March."

"Twenty nine?" Seungmin gasps.

"This year?" Jisung asks. "Oh right, t's already the new year."

"Jeez." Minho says, at Jisung's words. "Anyway, it's funny that Chan is only a year older than him, and we call him old all the time." He chuckles, then looks back to Hyunjin. "I can't believe you are older than me, you look so young.

"Thank you.. I think."

"Okay next card." Felix says with a smile. "Who's turn is it?" He looks around at everyone.

"Let's go in a circle." Chan says, his finger making a motion like a circle. "So Minho, since ur on his right, you go."

"That's my left." Felix says. "But yeah, you go Minho."

Chan rolls his eyes. Minho chuckles at him, and reaches for a card. "What is my deepest secret?" He says with a chuckle, the flips the card over. "I think I might have bought cards with boring questions on them."

"Ouu, you're avoiding answering the question." Seungmin starts to tease like a child. "In middle school, that means he has a really deep secret he doesn't want to admit."

"I do not." Minho chuckles, but he has a hint of nervousness in his expression. His eyes go to Jisung for a quick second, but he looks away before anybody but Jisung can notice. Jisung bites his lip nervously.

"Okay fine, just pick a different card." Chan says.

"No I'll answer this one." Minho says, not trying to start any suspicions. "Um... I cheated on the final exam in university."

"What?" Jisung and Chan say in sync. Felix would do the same, if he wasn't so focused on the hand rubbing his inner thigh. He has to hold back a moan, considering he is sensitive.

"Dude, I failed that test." Seungmin says. "I had to retake the last year, and your telling me I could have just cheated?" He asks in disbelief, looking at Minho with jealousy.

Minho shrugs.

Jisung burst out into his loud fit of laughter, like always. However, this time it's even more dramatic considering the male is completely drunk. "It's past your bedtime??" He says loudly.

"I'm serious," Chan slurs. "I go to bed at eight o'clock.. it's almost.. eight thirty." He checks him imaginary watch.

Felix gives him a look of disbelief. "It's nine, Chan." He says.

Everyone in the room is at different levels of 'drunk'. Jisung and Chan are gone, Seungmin went to the bathroom an hour ago and never came back, and Minho is on the edge of sober. Felix didn't drink that much, since the others took all the drinks before he even considering drinking. Him and Hyunjin are the only ones sober enough in the room, Hyunjin didn't even drink one cup.

"Nine?!" Chan exclaims. "Jeez. I really need to get to bed." He says, shaking his head. "I've lost so many hours of sleep these past few days."

Minho starts to reassure Chan that he is fine, which leads to Seungmin, who just walked back into the room finally, joining in and saying Chan is a baby, which leads to the three arguing. However, Felix isn't even focused on that. He is focused on the hand on his thigh, that keeps going up and down slowly.

This has been a recurring thing all night. Felix would put his hand on Hyunjin's thigh, then pull away. Then Hyunjin would do the same, which would cause Felix to lean closer to him. Each time they move their hands a bit higher, and scoot closer to each other. These small touches have been building a huge amount of tension throughout the whole night.

Felix has had enough. There has been a growing feeling in his lower stomach, and he cannot hand it anymore. He needs to stop this. He puts his hand over Hyunjin's, stopping the movement. Hyunjin looks at him with a brow raised, and Felix shakes his head no, telling him to stop.

Hyunjin starts to smirk, but it isn't so obvious unless your looking at him directly, like Felix is. He leans in closer to Felix, his breath on his ear as he whispers. "You started this."

Felix shivers at the words. The hot breath on his neck makes the feeling in him get harder to resist, and he feels what he has fought of so hard starting to happen. He shifts uncomfortably, crossing his legs. This cannot be happening.

Hyunjin sees Felix shiver, and he feels Felix when he shifts. He pulls away from his neck, watching him do whatever he is doing. He looks down and sees him cross his legs, and it's only then when he realizes. He opens his mouth a little with a sly smile, clicking his tongue.

"Hey." Seungmin snaps his head to Felix, causing him to flinch and Hyunjin to look away. "Can we end this? I'm super tired."

Hyunjin smirks. "Yeah we can, Felix and I were going to head upstairs anyway." He says, standing up and offering a hand to Felix. Felix looks up at him with a nervous expression, and gulps as he takes his hand.

Hyunjin holds it as he leads Felix away from the crowd.

if enough of you guys tell me too, i will release the next chapter rn :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 655 29
Lana is finally able to move away from her toxic rich parents and start college at her dream school Uconn. Read the book and see what happens.
195K 8.4K 34
"do as you please, I'll allow it, as hard as you can even worse" --- Do not copy, repost, or steal I don't allow translations
795K 29.4K 97
𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? ❪ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ © 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴𝙷𝚇𝚁𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚂...
32.8K 998 33
In bustling Seoul, Hyunjin, a rich heir who can't stand physical contact, and Felix, a broke medical student, meet and instantly dislike each other...